Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #1
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quest Calendar 2022: The Gates of Terralon

Just before the new year, I was greeted with a Facebook Ad that actually interested me. A daily calendar with a RPG twist. My character will be greeted with a new task nearly every day (Saturday and Sunday are combined).

I rolled the dice, so to speak, and bought it. I've been playing through the brief prologue the past couple of weeks with Commander Royce Barrington, a human commander. Royce has served The Great High King Maruck Vulgaar for 20 years. Royce was tasked with destroying their world of demons with the Zenith Bomb. To do so, he needed to travel with his army to the Sun Temple.

It was a slow push through, but I rolled for stuff, chose my weapon, and then travelled to the Sun Temple. I chose a Northern route, because it took me through the woods...the Southern route appeared to be a path down by a river. I then met up with a guardian that was protecting the Divine Gate in the Sun Temple. He asked me a riddle and I defeated it.

Going through the Divine Gate, my army was met with demons. I fought four of them and did well...but the next day I had three more to fight and the struggle became real. I took damage and eventually passed through to the Demonic Temple.

I had two paths to take...left or right. I chose left because, well, the right side looked like it could lead into a maze. I went into a room with what appeared to be a sacrificial altar. I found a locked compartment on it, broke the lock (strength roll), and received a health potion.

I moved on to the next room and was greeted with a medium sized snarling beast...but the light wasn't good enough to see it well. The darn thing got a bite on me before I was able to make it to the portal chamber. I'm supposed to set up the Zenith Bomb in this chamber. Unfortunately my rolls against Intellect and Wisdom did not go well. I eventually get the Bomb set, but not before a Gate Guardian hits me. I swap blows the Guardian over this past weekend, but I was not able to defeat it. It eventually fleed as it sensed the Zenith Bomb was about to blow. Royce perishes as the Zenith Bomb explodes...but the Gate will be destroyed as well.

In case you are interested, the game can be found here at sundialgames.com

You can buy the calendar, dice, what have you or have you not there as well.

Last edited by Poli : 01-19-2022 at 10:47 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:39 AM   #2
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I hate to recap it like that, as it did take almost 3 weeks to get here...but I decided I enjoyed it enough I'd like to document my journey.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:46 AM   #3
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Now that the prologue is over, I'm tasked with deciding which of the characters to take over.

Azmyra the Reckless, Half-Demon Swashbuckler
A expert swordswoman and highly skilled adventurer with an knack for avoiding danger, taking from others, and doing it all in style.

Sir Gareth Stalworth, Human Cleric
A noble and mighty warrior with powers to restore and heal derived from his faith and virtue of his good deeds

Professor Tyrnnicus Wyvern, Draakon Elementalist
An intelligent and capable spellcaster mastering the ability to command the core elements into impressive manifestations of power.

Tsavani Moonchaser, Feline Monk
A nimble and fearful fighter that can channel Chi energy to influence the course of battle with mastery over both mental and physical limits.

Syntax 12B047-2, Machine Artificer
A unique creation with the capacity to transform mundane materials into devastating devices with powerful results.

Mori'an Corvus, Avian Necromancer
An eccentric sorcerer with dominance over death and the limitless power that it can command over life.

Thudak the Merciless, Half-Orc Barbarian
A master of combat tactics with an ability to take a punch. A brute with complete control over his rage. Foes don't like him when he is angry.

Lyric Stringwood, Human Bard
A cheerful entertainer with a wide range of skillsets. He is versatile in combat and in dealing with others.

Faris Leafwind, Half-Elf Druid
Friendly to critters, but not those who would trespass against nature. She devastates with her bow and masterful command over nature.

Wolfrik Grayhand, Human Paladin
A truly intimidating force driven by his oath and passion for justice. His skills with a sword are unparalleled, but Divine powers grant him power over his fate.

Zilmora the Wise, Elf Sorceress
A master in wisdom and intelligence. Her years of study in the arcane grant her phenomenal power and control over the world.

Astrid Swiftblade, Gnome Thief
Practically born with a dagger in hand. She is one with the shadows and knows how to make you hurt.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:46 AM   #4
Poli
FOFC Survivor

There's also an option to create your own character, which I won't be going with.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:01 AM   #5
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The game/calendar provided more detailed information on the first six characters...I found out yesterday everything from the half-orc down was available on their website.

https://www.sundialgames.com/2022heroes

This doesn't provide you with the extra detail that the original six characters have.

Syntax was created to be a bodyguard for a wizard that died long ago. He was recently freed.

Gareth's grandfather was a "great warrior of the light." When he was murdered on the street, Gareth took up his grandfather's charge and pledged to seek out and correct injustice.

The Professor is a misunderstood beast. He's always wanted to be kind and fair.

Tsavani came from wealth and eventually landed in a Snowlion Monastery. She is all about having balance and control.

Mori'an is the one that worries me the most. You keep one eye on Mori'an if he comes in the room. That dude. According to the notes, he pushed his sister out of their nest to her death just to see what would happen. Apparently he resurrected her. Just to see what would happen? What did you think would happen?

Azmyra is a lifelong traveler. Not above doing good deeds, not below doing bad deeds either. Does what she wants.

Each of them, including the others, has special abilities.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:08 AM   #6
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thinking there was only 6 to choose from initially, I was drawn to Syntax and Gareth. Syntax has some abilities where he can use gold to add +1 to rolls. He has additional gold as well. Gareth is the "white knight" so to speak, despite being a cleric. The last one I was interested in was Azmyra. She has a pickpocket skill that has the potential to lower her virtue, despite what good she may have done in the past.

After finding out about the other 6 characters, I've been tempted to just try and run with all of them. The game isn't set up for a multiplayer or multicharacter run. I would essentially have 12 different storylines going if I went this way. Fortunately, each day has taken like a minute to resolve for Royce...maybe less. I think I may go this route, with a slight twist.

Given that the game is a year long calendar, if your character were to die, there are rules (and penalties) for bringing your character back to life. I'm thinking I will not bring any character that dies back. The only exception would be if I am down to one final character...the show must go on, after all.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:11 AM   #7
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've not been into dice rolling for RPG stuff in a long long time. I'm more likely to do this with Strat O Matic than in a RPG game, but this seemed interesting and I've decided to give it a go.

The Hunger Games, with my 12 characters, is about to start.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:22 AM   #8
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tuesday, Jan 18

I'm greeted by Seth. It appears we're headed to Graycliff for the annual Festival and Tournament of Lords. Seth goes every year, but doesn't compete in the games.

I'm then asked to choose my character.

As I mentioned earlier, I've decided to see how much I hate life and try my hand at all 12.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:36 AM   #9
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wednesday, Jan 19

I continue down the main road to Graycliff while talking with Seth. He shares stories of his hometown of Dawnhollow. As evening comes, we make a small camp. Seth encourages me to compete in the Tournament of Lords where the top prize is a land in the kingdom and a title to go with it.

From here, I determine how much gold I will start off with on my journey. 3D6. Syntax starts out with a 8 gold in addition to anything rolled.

Azmyra the Reckless, Half-Demon Swashbuckler, 11 gold

Sir Gareth Stalworth, Human Cleric, 7 gold

Professor Tyrnnicus Wyvern, Draakon Elementalist, 12 gold

Tsavani Moonchaser, Feline Monk, 16 gold

Syntax 12B047-2, Machine Artificer, 20 gold

Mori'an Corvus, Avian Necromancer, 6 gold

Thudak the Merciless, Half-Orc Barbarian, 10 gold

Lyric Stringwood, Human Bard, 13 gold

Faris Leafwind, Half-Elf Druid, 10 gold

Wolfrik Grayhand, Human Paladin, 9 gold

Zilmora the Wise, Elf Sorceress, 12 gold

Astrid Swiftblade, Gnome Thief, 9 gold

Last edited by Poli : 01-19-2022 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:21 PM   #10
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Today's action wasn't completely done. Poor Seth can be pickpocketed, if the character has that ability. Azmyra and Astrid both have that ability, and I plan to let them use it at every opportunity.

The rule for that is once per page (page being today, Jan 19), when encountering a non enemy character, you can gain D4 in gold. However, if you roll a 4, you do lose 1 virtue point.

All of the characters have started at 0 virtue, and the range is -10 to +10. While I plan to guide all of them to "do the right thing," I won't stop them from doing stuff that's in their ability set (pickpocket and locksmith, for example).

That said, Azmyra is up first. D4= 2. She now has 11 gold.

Astrid is next. D4= 3. She now has 9 gold. I'll update the above post.

Last edited by Poli : 01-20-2022 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:11 AM   #11
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thursday, Jan 20

I continue to travel to Graycliff when I hear voices yelling up the road. When I get near, I find a man and woman frantically looking around and calling out names. It appears when they woke up in their camp this morning, their children were missing. They beg me to help find their kids.

I'm presented a choice.

A) Agree to help if they pay up front.

B) Offer to help out of the goodness of my heart.

C) Ignore the pleas and move on.

Personally, I'm for B. I want all of the characters to try and "do the right thing", in theory I'd have them all go B...but I want some variety. The father can be pickpocketed, both Astrid and Azmyra will go that route but also go B. Thudak the half-orc and Mori'an the Avian necromancer will go A. They'll help...for a price. None will go for C. Thudak would probably go for C if I let him.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:26 AM   #12
Poli
FOFC Survivor

A) Thudak and Mori'an agree to help if they pay. They're shocked but hand over 3 gold. Thudak and Mori'an both lose a point of virtue. Pretty sure neither of them care either.

B) The rest of the gang chose to help without promise of payment. The parents thank them profusely. Everyone gains 1 virtue point.

Pickpocket: Azmyra got the 4 on the D4. She got the gold, but loses the virtue point she gained and sets at zero.
Astrid got a 1 on the D4 roll. She secures the virtue point and a gold coin as well.

Azmyra the Reckless, Half-Demon Swashbuckler, 15 gold, 0 Virtue

Sir Gareth Stalworth, Human Cleric, 7 gold, +1 Virtue

Professor Tyrnnicus Wyvern, Draakon Elementalist, 12 gold, +1 Virtue

Tsavani Moonchaser, Feline Monk, 16 gold, +1 Virtue

Syntax 12B047-2, Machine Artificer, 20 gold, +1 Virtue

Mori'an Corvus, Avian Necromancer, 9 gold, -1 Virtue

Thudak the Merciless, Half-Orc Barbarian, 13 gold, -1 Virtue

Lyric Stringwood, Human Bard, 13 gold, +1 Virtue

Faris Leafwind, Half-Elf Druid, 10 gold, +1 Virtue

Wolfrik Grayhand, Human Paladin, 9 gold, +1 Virtue

Zilmora the Wise, Elf Sorceress, 12 gold, +1 Virtue

Astrid Swiftblade, Gnome Thief, 10 gold, +1 Virtue
Old 01-21-2022, 10:01 AM   #13
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friday, Jan 21

I decided the nearby forest was the most likely place for the children to have run off to. As I get deeper in, the thickness of the forest begins to block out the sun. I look for signs the children are here.

I will be rolling to avoid getting lost while out in the woods (d20 + wisdom, Survival ability applies).

I will then roll to search the forest for the children (d20 + intellect, Investigator ability applies).
Old 01-21-2022, 11:49 AM   #14
Poli
FOFC Survivor

1) Avoiding getting lost:
Mori'an, Syntax, Zilmora, Astrid, and Lyric all appeared to get lost as well. As a result, they suffer a -2 modifier to searching the forest for the children. Astrid was the worst with a modified 0.
Azmyra, Wolfrik, the Professor, Tsavani, and Gareth don't get lost.
Thudak and Faris were completely at home in the woods and gained a +2 modifier to searching the forest for the children. Both sported rolls/modifiers of 20.

2) Search the forest:
Mori'an, Syntax, Zilmora all continue to struggle. They find no clues of the children...of anything really. About to give up, they stumble across a footprint the size of a child.
Azmyra, Astrid, Faris, Tsavani, and Gareth find a gold coin near a child's footprint. +1 gold for each of them.
Thudak, Wolfrik, Lyric, and the Professor all find that gold coin near the child's footprint, but also find larger animal footprints that appear to be from large wolves. They are a little more alert and ready for tomorrow and gain a +2 defense.

Syntax has an ability of Tinkerer, which allows it to spend 1 gold to add +1 to any D20 roll (presumably before the roll) for it's stats. I chose to pass on that today. Thudak clearly did well today, while Mori'an, Syntax, and Zilmora certainly suffered.

Azmyra the Reckless, Half-Demon Swashbuckler, 16 gold, 0 Virtue
1) 11 (12 roll, -1 Wisdom)
2) 13, 14 roll, -1 Intellect)
No Survivalist or Investigator abilities

Sir Gareth Stalworth, Human Cleric, 8 gold, +1 Virtue
1) 14 (12 roll, 0 Wisdom, +2 Survivalist)
2) 8 (9 roll, -1 Intellect)
Survivalist ability added to his roll to survive while traveling.

Professor Tyrnnicus Wyvern, Draakon Elementalist, 13 gold, +1 Virtue +2 defense for 22 Jan
1) 9 (7 roll, +2 Wisdom)
2) 23 (19 roll, +2 Intellect, +2 Investigator)
Investigator ability added to his roll to search or investigate.

Tsavani Moonchaser, Feline Monk, 17 gold, +1 Virtue
1) 14 (13 roll, +1 Wisdom)
2) 11 (13 roll, -2 Intellect)
No Survivalist or Investigator abilities

1) 1 (3 roll, -2 Wisdom)
2) 3 (1 roll, +2 Intellect, +2 Investigator. -2 for roll 1)
Investigator ability added to it's roll to search or investigate. Got lost in the woods.

1) 3 (4 roll, -1 Wisdom)
2) 3 (3 roll, +2 Intellect, -2 for roll 1)
No Survivalist or Investigator abilities and got lost in the woods.

Thudak the Merciless, Half-Orc Barbarian, 14 gold, -1 Virtue +2 defense for 22 Jan
1) 20 (20 roll, 0 Wisdom)
2) 20 (20 roll, -2 Intellect, +2 for roll 1)
No Survivalist or Investigator abilities, but was at home in the woods.

Lyric Stringwood, Human Bard, 14 gold, +1 Virtue +2 defense for 22 Jan
1) 3 (5 roll, -2 Wisdom)
2) 17 (19 roll, 0 Intellect, -2 for roll 1)

Faris Leafwind, Half-Elf Druid, 11 gold, +1 Virtue
1) 20 (16 roll, +2 Wisdom, +2 Survivalist)
2) 12 (12 roll, -2 Intellect, +2 for roll 1)
Survivalist ability added to his roll to survive while traveling. At home in the woods.

Wolfrik Grayhand, Human Paladin, 10 gold, +1 Virtue +2 defense for 22 Jan
1) 11, (10 roll, -1 Wisdom, +2 Survivalist)
2) 16, (17 roll, -1 Intellect)
Survivalist ability added to his roll to survive while traveling.

1) 6 (4 roll, +2 Wisdom)
2) 5 (3 roll, +2 Intellect, +2 Investigator, -2 for roll 1)
Investigator ability added to her roll to search or investigate. Got lost in the woods.

Astrid Swiftblade, Gnome Thief, 11 gold, +1 Virtue
1) 0! (2 roll, -2 Wisdom)
2) 13 (15 roll, 0 Intellect, -2 for roll 1)
Old 01-22-2022, 05:10 PM   #15
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sat/Sun Jan 22/23

I hear the husky breath of feral animals. I look over and see the glowing red eyes of three wild wolves as they inch closer. They catch my scent and begin to drool. There's no evidence they found the children before they found me, though. They're hungry. They want to make me the next meal.

I must:

1) Try and calm the wolves (D20 + wisdom, Animal Tamer ability modified).

Then

2) Engage in combat (D20+ attack for each wolf, Damage for each wolf).
Old 01-22-2022, 09:06 PM   #16
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As you might imagine, the results were varied. Sadly most were not great. A number of hits on the wolves but a number of them were just not enough to kill.

Tsavani, Syntax, and Faris were not able to kill a wolf. Azmyra, Sir Gareth, Thudak, Wolfrik, and Zilmora only got one.
The Professor and Astrid each got two wolves. The third wolf took off after that. They took a moment to carve out a piece of meat for later, gaining 1 ration.
Mori'an and Lyric managed to kill all three wolves. They not only got a ration of meat, but also skinned one of the wolves and added a wolf pelt to their inventory (worth 1 gold).

Azmyra the Reckless, Half-Demon Swashbuckler, 16 gold, 0 Virtue
Info of note: -1 Wisdom, +3 Attack, Damage is D10, HP 9, Defense is 12.
Azmyra has the ability to Dodge (Once per page to take 1/2 damage, rounded up, from a single source) and Parry (if taking damage from an enemy, +2 to next attack roll).

1) 6 (roll of 7, -1 Wisdom). Azmyra wasn't able to threaten the wolves.

2) First wolf attack. Hits with 21 (roll 18, +3 Atk). 1 for damage. The wolf doesn't die and pounces Azmyra. She takes 1 point of damage after using Dodge. Gains 2 points to Attack with Parry.

Second wolf attack. Hits with 12 (roll 7, +3 Atk, +2 Parry). 4 for damage. The wolf doesn't die and bites Azmyra's calf. She takes 1 point of damage. Gains 2 points to Attack with Parry.

Third wolf attack. Hits with 23 (roll 18, +3 Atk, +2 Parry). 10 points damage. The wolf dies.

Azmyra flees from the two wolves still standing. Final tally, -2HP, 1 wolf killed.

Sir Gareth Stalworth, Human Cleric, 8 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: 0 Wisdom, +3 Attack, Damage is D8, HP 10, Defense is 14.

1) 13 (roll of 13, 0 Wisdom). Sir Gareth uses a threatening stance and gains +2 defense.

2) First wolf attack. Hits with 11 (roll 8, +3 Atk). 2 for damage. The wolf doesn't die and pounces Sir Gareth. He takes 1 point of damage.

Second wolf attack. Hits with 14 (roll 11, +3 Atk). 4 for damage. The wolf doesn't die and bites Sir Gareth's calf but he takes no damage.

Third wolf attack. Hits with 13 (roll 10, +3 Atk). 7 points damage. The wolf dies.

Sir Gareth flees from the two wolves still standing. Final tally, -1HP, 1 wolf killed.

Professor Tyrnnicus Wyvern, Draakon Elementalist, 13 gold, +1 Virtue +2 defense for 22 Jan
Info of note: +2 Wisdom, +2 Attack, Damage is D8, HP 10, Defense is 14 (Normally 12, he gained +2 yesterday to defense for today).

1) 6 (roll of 4, +2 Wisdom). Professor wasn't able to threaten the wolves.

2) First wolf attack. Hits with 13 (roll 11, +2 Atk). 5 for damage. The wolf dies.

Second wolf attack. Misses with 3 (roll 1, +2 Atk). The wolf bites the Professor's calf but he takes no damage.

Third wolf attack. Hits with 19 (roll 17, +2 Atk). 5 points damage. The wolf dies.

The Professor killed two of the wolves. The third flees. He takes a moment to carve out a piece of meat for later and adds 1 ration to his inventory.

Tsavani Moonchaser, Feline Monk, 17 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: +1 Wisdom, +2 Attack, Damage is D8, HP 8, Defense is 13. Has the Animal Tamer ability (+2 to train or handle animals).

1) 20 (roll of 17, +1 Wisdom, +2 Animal Tamer). Tsavani uses a threatening stance and gains +2 defense.

2) First wolf attack. Hits with 11 (roll 9, +2 Atk). 2 for damage. The wolf doesn't die and pounces on Tsavani. She takes 1 damage.

Second wolf attack. Hits with 11 (roll 9, +2 Atk). The wolf bites the Tsavani's calf but she takes no damage.

Third wolf attack. Misses with 8 (roll 6, +2 Atk). The wolf bites her shoulder but there's no damage.

Tsavani failed to kill any of the wolves and flees.

Info of note: -2 Wisdom, +2 Attack, Damage is D8, HP 11, Defense is 13.

1) 6 (roll of 4, -2 Wisdom). Syntax did not threaten the wolves.

2) First wolf attack. Miss with 7 (roll 5, +2 Atk). Syntax takes 1 damage from the wolf.

Second wolf attack. Misses with 3 (roll 1, +2 Atk). Syntax is hit but for no damage.

Third wolf attack. Misses with 6 (roll 4, +2 Atk). Syntax is hit but for no damage.

Syntax failed to kill any of the wolves and flees.

Info of note: -1 Wisdom, +1 Attack, Damage is D12, HP 12, Defense is 12.

1) 16 (roll of 17, -1 Wisdom). Mori'an gains +2 defense for today.

2) First wolf attack. Hits with 17 (roll 16, +1 Atk). Damage of 6. The wolf dies.

Second wolf attack. Hits with 19 (roll 18, +1 Atk). Damage of 11. The wolf dies.

Third wolf attack. Hits with 15 (roll 14, +1 Atk). Damage of 5. The wolf dies.

Mori'an killed all three wolves. Gains 1 ration of wolf meat and one wolf pelt to sell later (worth 1 gold).

Thudak the Merciless, Half-Orc Barbarian, 14 gold, -1 Virtue +2 defense for 22 Jan
Info of note: 0 Wisdom, +1 Attack, Damage is D12, HP 14, Defense is 13 (11 normally).

1) 14 (roll of 14, 0 Wisdom). His threatening stance works out. His defense is now 15 today.

2) First wolf attack. Miss with 5 (roll 4, +1 Atk). Thudak takes 1 damage.

Second wolf attack. Hits with 11 (roll 10, +1 Atk). Damage of 10. The wolf dies.

Third wolf attack. Miss with 7 (roll 6, +1 Atk). Thudak does not take damage.

Thudak killed one wolf but is forced to flee from the other two. He took one damage.

Lyric Stringwood, Human Bard, 14 gold, +1 Virtue +2 defense for 22 Jan
Info of note: -2 Wisdom, +3 Attack, Damage is D8, HP 10, Defense is 15 (13 normally). Animal Tamer ability. Insult ability (once per page, add d6 to a damage roll). Sleepy Melody (Once per page add d4 to attack roll).

1) 5 (roll of 5, -2 Wisdom, +2 Animal Tamer). No bonus to defense for the bard.

2) First wolf attack. Hits with 19 (roll 16, +3 Atk). Damage of 5. The wolf dies.

Second wolf attack. Hits with 19 (roll 18, +3 Atk). Damage of 6. The wolf dies.

Third wolf attack. Lyric uses both Insult and Sleepy Melody. Hits with 25 (roll 20, +3 Atk, 2 on Sleepy Melody). Damage of 12 (6 on roll, 6 on Insult). The wolf dies.

Lyric killed all three wolves. Gains 1 ration of wolf meat and one wolf pelt to sell later (worth 1 gold). They'll sing songs of his triumph forever. Or at least he will.

Faris Leafwind, Half-Elf Druid, 11 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: +2 Wisdom, +2 Attack, Damage is D8, HP 10, Defense is 15. Animal Tamer ability. Faris has a pet weasel ability. Once per page gains +2 to single attack roll.

1) 22 (roll of 18, +2 Wisdom, +2 Animal Tamer). Gains 2 defense (now 17).

2) First wolf attack. Hits with 11 (roll 9, +2 Atk). Damage of 2. Faris takes 1 damage.

Second wolf attack. Hits with 19 (roll 18, +2 Atk). Damage of 1. Faris takes no damage.

Third wolf attack. Faris uses her pet weasel. Hits with 21 (roll 17, +2 Atk, +2 weasel). Damage of 2. Faris takes no damage.

Faris failed to kill any of the wolves and flees with 1 damage.

Wolfrik Grayhand, Human Paladin, 10 gold, +1 Virtue +2 defense for 22 Jan

Info of note: -1 Wisdom, +3 Attack, Damage is D10, HP 12, Defense is 16 (normally 14). Divine smite ability (once per page add d4 to single damage roll).

1) 17 (roll of 18, -1 Wisdom). Wolfrik gains +2 defense (now 18).

2) First wolf attack. Miss with 9 (roll 6, +3 Atk). Wolfrik takes 1 damage.

Second wolf attack. Miss with 4 (roll 1, +3 Atk). Wolfrik takes no damage.

Third wolf attack. Hits with 9 (roll 6, +3 Atk). Wolfrik uses Divine Smite. Damage of 4 (roll 2, Divine Smite 2). The wolf dies.

Wolfrik killed one wolf and flees from the other two, having taken 1 damage.

Info of note: +2 Wisdom, +2 Attack, Damage is D12, HP 10, Defense is 12. Illusion Ability (once per page, Add d4 to attack roll)

1) 4 (roll of 2, +2 Wisdom). No bonus for Zilmora.

2) First wolf attack. Miss with 7 (roll 5, +2 Atk). Zilmora takes 2 damage.

Second wolf attack. Miss with 4 (roll 2, +2 Atk). Zilmora takes 1 damage.

Third wolf attack. Zilmora earnestly uses the Illusion ability. Hits with 14 (roll 14, +2 Atk, 3 Illiusion). Damage of 5. The wolf dies.

Zilmora killed one wolf, but took 3 damage in the process and fleed.

Astrid Swiftblade, Gnome Thief, 11 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: -2 Wisdom, +3 Attack, Damage is D6, HP 10, Defense is 14.

1) 15 (roll of 17, -2 Wisdom). Astrid gains 2 defense (now 16).

2) First wolf attack. Hits with 15 (roll 12, +3 Atk). Damage of 4. The wolf dies.

Second wolf attack. Hits with 19 (roll 16, +3 Atk). Damage of 3. Astrid took no damage.

Third wolf attack. Hits with 12 (roll 9, +3 Atk). Damage of 4. The wolf dies.

Atrid killed two wolves. The third fleed. Gains 1 ration of wolf meat.

Last edited by Poli : 01-24-2022 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-23-2022, 11:39 AM   #17
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Today's an off day...but if you have any suggestions on how to present this better (is this thing on?) I'd be all ears.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:52 AM   #18
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Monday, Jan 24

I continue to track the footprints of the children through the woods. I grow hopeful once I see they lead to a clearing where I find an old log cabin that appears abandoned. Maybe the kids are simply playing inside. I call out to them but get no answer.

I am to search the areas of the cabin. D20+ Intellect+ Investigator ability if applicable.

Three areas to search. Around the outside. Inside the cabin. Well.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM   #19
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Our adventurers are all successful in some sort or fashion.

The search (1) outside of the house showed no signs of the children, but Sir Gareth, the Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, Lyric, Wolfrik, Zilmora, and Astrid each found a gold coin under a loose floorboard of the porch.

The search (2) turned to inside the cabin...where we found the door was locked and the windows boarded up. Some of our adventurers went the extra mile to peek through the cracks but the house appeared empty. Still, they all attempted to pick the lock (3) to gain entry. This required a D20 roll, dexterity modified, as well as the potential to use the Locksmith ability. Azmyra, the Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, Thudak, Faris, Wolfrik, Zilmora, and Astrid all were able to pick (maybe Thudak just smashed it) the lock and get inside. No children, but they each managed to find another gold coin for their trouble.

Searching (4) the well, we find the children's footprints...but we don't find anything suggesting they left the well. Shouting down the well but the only response is your echo. Each of them toss a rock down that lands with a thud...there's no water down there. The Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, Mori'an, Faris, Zilmora, and Astrid each found a gold coin as they bent down to pick up that rock.

Azmrya, Sir Gareth, Mori'an, Thudak, Lyric all gained 1 gold today.
Faris, and Wolfrik each gained 2 gold..
The Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, Zilmore, and Astrid all gained 3 gold.
Zilmora was the only one successful on all four of the rolls. Astrid benefitted greatly from the Lucky ability, which allowed her to reroll on her failed attempt to search the outside of the cabin.

Investigator ability: +2 to any roll to search or investigate.
Locksmith: +2 to any roll to pick a lock.

Azmyra the Reckless, Half-Demon Swashbuckler, 17 gold, 0 Virtue
Info of note: -1 Intellect, +2 Dexterity, Locksmith

1) 9-1 = 8, no sign of children.
2) 14-1 = 13, Door is locked, but peek inside and don't see children.
3) 12+2+2 = 16, Unlock the house. No children, but find 1 gold.
4) 4-1 = 3, Footprints, but no children.

Sir Gareth Stalworth, Human Cleric, 9 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: -1 Intellect, 0 Dexterity

1) 17-1 = 16, no sign of children, but find 1 gold under the porch.
2) 20-1 = 19, Door is locked, but peek inside and don't see children.
3) 2-0 = 2, Lock doesn't budge.
4) 8-1 = 7, Footprints, but no children.

Professor Tyrnnicus Wyvern, Draakon Elementalist, 16 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: +2 Intellect, -1 Dexterity, Investigator

1) 13+2+2 = 17, no sign of children, but find 1 gold under the porch.
2) 3+2+2 = 7, Door is locked.
3) 18-1 = 17, Unlock the house. No children, but find 1 gold.
4) 19+2+2 = 23, Footprints, but no children. Find 1 gold when tossing a stone into well.

Tsavani Moonchaser, Feline Monk, 20 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: -2 Intellect, +3 Dexterity

1) 17-2 = 15, no sign of children, but find 1 gold under the porch.
2) 5-2 = 3, Door is locked.
3) 11+3 = 14, Unlock the house. No children, but find 1 gold.
4) 17-2 = 15, Footprints, but no children. Find 1 gold when tossing a stone into well.

Syntax 12B047-2, Machine Artificer, 23 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: +2 Intellect, +1 Dexterity, Investigator, Locksmith

1) 16+2+2 = 20, no sign of children, but find 1 gold under the porch.
2) 6+2+2 = 10, Door is locked.
3) 17+1+2 = 20, Unlock the house. No children, but find 1 gold.
4) 14+2+2 = 18, Footprints, but no children. Find 1 gold when tossing a stone into well.

Mori'an Corvus, Avian Necromancer, 10 gold, -1 Virtue
Info of note: +2 Intellect, +1 Dexterity

1) 3+2 = 5, no sign of children.
2) 19+2 = 21, Door is locked, but peek inside and don't see children.
3) 4+1 = 5, Lock doesn't budge.
4) 14+2 = 16, Footprints, but no children. Find 1 gold when tossing a stone into well.

Thudak the Merciless, Half-Orc Barbarian, 15 gold, -1 Virtue
Info of note: -2 Intellect, +2 Dexterity

1) 1-2 = (-1), no sign of children. Thudak doesn't care.
2) 12-2 = 10, Door is locked. Thudak doesn't care.
3) 9+2 = 11, Unlock the house. No children, but find 1 gold. I'm amazed Thudak figured this out.
4) 4-2 = 2, Footprints, but no children.

Lyric Stringwood, Human Bard, 15 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: 0 Intellect, +2 Dexterity

1) 20-0 = 20, no sign of children, but find 1 gold under the porch.
2) 7-0 = 7, Door is locked.
3) 6+2 = 8, Lock doesn't budge.
4) 8-0 = 8, Footprints, but no children.

Faris Leafwind, Half-Elf Druid, 13 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: -2 Intellect, +2 Dexterity

1) 7-2 = 5, no sign of children.
2) 1-2 = (-1), Door is locked.
3) 19+2 = 21, Unlock the house. No children, but find 1 gold.
4) 15-2 = 13, Footprints, but no children. Find 1 gold when tossing a stone into well.

Wolfrik Grayhand, Human Paladin, 12 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: -1 Intellect, +1 Dexterity

1) 16-1 = 15, no sign of children, but find 1 gold under the porch.
2) 6-1 = 5, Door is locked.
3) 16+1 = 17, Unlock the house. No children, but find 1 gold.
4) 1-1 = 0, Footprints, but no children.

Zilmora the Wise, Elf Sorceress, 15 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: +2 Intellect, 0 Dexterity, Investigator

1) 8+2+2 = 12, no sign of children, but find 1 gold under the porch.
2) 11+2+2 = 15, Door is locked, but peek inside and don't see children.
3) 16+0 = 16, Unlock the house. No children, but find 1 gold.
4) 8+2+2 = 12, Footprints, but no children. Find 1 gold when tossing a stone into well.

Astrid Swiftblade, Gnome Thief, 14 gold, +1 Virtue
Info of note: 0 Intellect, +3 Dexterity, Lucky ability, once per page on a roll of 1 on D20, reroll.

1) 1, rerolled due to Lucky ability to 17-0 = 17, no sign of children, but find 1 gold under the porch.
2) 14-0 = 14, Door is locked, but peek inside and don't see children.
3) 14+3 = 17, Unlock the house. No children, but find 1 gold.
4) 12-0 = 12, Footprints, but no children. Find 1 gold when tossing a stone into well.

Last edited by Poli : 01-24-2022 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:47 PM   #20
Poli
FOFC Survivor

After dropping the rock down the well and discovering the well is dry, I realize that it's more than just an empty well. The kids probably went down inside it. It is wide enough to get down and there's an old rope here that might help me with that.

My only option is to climb down the well. D20 +/- Strength modifier, +2 for Athlete ability, if applicable.

Athlete: +2 for physical and athletic hurdles.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:10 PM   #21
Poli
FOFC Survivor

A quick resolution day. Our adventurers try to climb down the rope, but the old rope begins to tear. Azmyra (3), Tsavani (2), Mori'an (2), and Wolfrik (5, a terrible 1 roll despite 4 points for strength and athlete) all fall and land on their backside...2 points of damage.

Sir Gareth (8), the Professor (11), Syntax (10), Faris (9), and Astrid (8) managed to grab footholds along the inside of the well, but still eventually fell. They all landed on their feet, but it wasn't pleasant. 1 point of damage.

Thudak (14), Lyric (14), and Zilmora (14) all successfully lowered themselves down without issue, despite the wear on the rope. No damage, no sweat.

Azmyra, one of my favorites before we started, is down from 9 HP to 5 HP.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:49 AM   #22
Poli
FOFC Survivor

After getting to the bottom of the well, I find a small tunnel that I can squeeze through. It's a tight fit but I have enough room to move. It smells damp and moldy. In the distance I see a pair of yellow eyes peering at me. Clearly not the children. Whatever it is lets out a low growl and charges toward me.

Roll for two rounds.

1. D20 +Attack, Damage, and D20 +/- Constitution

2. D20 +Attack, Damage, and D20 +/- Constitution

Last edited by Poli : 01-26-2022 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:07 AM   #23
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Round 1

Azmyra (7), Thudak (3), and Wolfrik (6) all miss what turns out to be a homunculus. Lyric (12, 2) and Astrid (9, 3) both hit the thing but failed to do enough damage.

Sir Gareth (20, 7), the Professor (21, 3), Tsavani (16, 3), Syntax (11, 4), Mori'an (13, 5), Faris (15, 8), and Zilmora (19, 5) all hit it with enough damage to stun the thing.

Unfortunately for the first five adventurers, they were scratched in the face by the claws of the homunculus. Azmyra lost 1HP (dodged to lower this to 1HP) and was poisoned (Constitution roll of 8). Thudak lost 2HP (15). Wolfrik lost 1HP and was poisoned (8). Lyric lost 1HP and was poisoned (7). Astrid lost 1HP (16). Those poisoned will face an additional constitution roll at the end of each calendar day. Failure results in loss of 1 HP. This can be cured by Antidote, special ability, or by taking a rest. Rest days are built in to the calendar...at least I expect that they are. Azmyra, Lyric, and Wolfrik do not have an ability to cure poison.

Round 2
Azmyra (15 [used parry], 9), the Professor (10, 13 [used firestorm]), Syntax (14, 8), Mori'an (18, 5), Lyric (21 [used sleepy melody], 14 [used insult]), Faris (19 [used pet weasel], 8), Wolfrik (15, 12 [used divine smite]), and Zilmora (14, 7 [used illusion]) all manage to kill the homunculus. Mori'an used this to increase his health to 11 (used Leach life ability, when he kills an enemy, he regains 1HP up to his max).

Sir Gareth (4) and Astrid (6) miss hitting the creature the second time but their defense (14) prevents any damage. The same could not be said for Tsavani (4) or Thudak (3). Both lost 1HP but escaped being poisoned (17, 21). The homunculus had seen enough at this point and took off.

End of calendar day rolls for those poisoned. Azmyra (17) and Wolfrik (13) avoid further damage. Lyric (0) loses 1 more HP.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:09 AM   #24
Poli
FOFC Survivor

End of day HP/status:
Azmyra 4HP, poisoned

Sir Gareth, 8HP

The Professor, 9HP

Tsavani, 7HP

Syntax, 9HP

Mori'an, 11HP

Thudak, 10HP

Lyric, 8HP, poisoned

Faris, 8HP

Wolfrik, 8HP, poisoned

Zilmora, 8HP

Astrid, 9HP

Last edited by Poli : 01-27-2022 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:15 AM   #25
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thursday, Jan 27
The small tunnel opens up to a larger set of caverns. There is plenty of room to move. It seems that something else lives here. The homunculus must have just been it's pet. Your instincts tell you that you need to act quickly to rescue these children.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:19 AM   #26
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've tried a few ways to upload the tunnels/caverns map and continue to fail.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:28 AM   #27
Poli
FOFC Survivor

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hyfpakhi49e9cq/map.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by Poli : 01-27-2022 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:41 AM   #28
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This link appears to be the best I can do under the circumstances.

I have essentially three routes to the end...Going north takes me to Room 1, then to 2. I can continue East to the end or head south to 4, then 3, and then to the end.

The third option is to head straight east. Go to 4, then 3, then the end.

Given these options, I've chosen to break up the 12 adventurers into 3 groups.

Group 1's plan will be to go 1, 2, end. These rooms on the map don't appear to be that terrible. 4 is the biggest cavern besides the end so this group is going to try and avoid them. Azmyra, Tsavani, Zilmora, and Astrid are all going this route.

Group 2's plan will be 4, 3, end. They're a bit stronger and we'll test these two rooms with them. Sir Gareth, Lyric, Wolfrik, and Faris will go this route.

Group 3's plan is to take the scenic route and hit all four rooms...1, 2, 4, 3, end. If, after two rooms, they're on the the struggle bus, any of them can be rerouted to the end instead. Syntax, Mori'an, Thudak, and the Professor will go this route.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:50 AM   #29
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I definitely wanted to make a plan for each of them before getting influenced by reading what was in the rooms.
Old 01-27-2022, 10:19 AM   #30
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Group 1's adventurers entered the first cavern and found that it contained nothing but piles of bones in all sizes. Just bones. No meat, tendons, or ligaments. Picked clean. You can't tell if they're animal, human, elf. Judging by the piles, there are possibly several dozen creatures worth of bones here. The hope is that none of the bones are of the children.

The adventurers search the piles, rolling with intellect and possible investigator ability. None of them find any indication of fresh bones from the children, but Azmyra (19) and Zilmora (23 investigator) find 1 gold.

They move on to cavern/room 2 and find a large cauldron sitting on top of a weak fire. Whatever occupies these tunnels must have been doing the cooking. The pot still contains what appears to be a soup. They have an uncontrollable desire to taste it. They'll roll with constitution and danger sense ability (+2 against traps and hazards). Azmyra (5), Tsavani (7, danger sense), and Astrid (2) all begin to retch and vomit from the taste and lose 1HP. Zilmora (16) felt nauseous when bringing the liquid to her lips and stopped short of tasting it.
Old 01-27-2022, 10:54 AM   #31
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Group 2's adventurers head to the east to Cavern/room 4. They enter the room and find another homunculus sleeping. They each try to creep around it quietly. They'll roll with dexterity and possible Stealthy ability (+2 to sneak and remain hidden). Amazingly, all of them were able to sneak past without getting caught. Sir Gareth (12), Lyric, (18), Wolfrik (12), Faris (20) did it without the stealthy ability as well.

On to cavern/room 3. This appears to be some sort of storage area. Jars of ingredients everywhere. Eyeballs, chicken feet, and various herbs. It's possible something useful can be found here. Roll with intellect and possible Arcane adept ability (+2 handle and deal with magic). Wolfrik (12) finds an antidote, but Sir Gareth (10), Lyric (1), and Faris (5) were unable to find anything useful. Wolfrik is currently poisoned, so using the antidote makes sense, but he'll hold on to it for now.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:36 AM   #32
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Group 3's going to try and hit every cavern/room.

The Professor found gold in room 1 (12), got sick in room 2 (3), snuck past the creature in 4 (14) and found an antidote in room 3 (14, arcane adept).

Syntax found gold in room 1 (11), didn't drink the vomit soup (robots don't drink, also 18 lol), while it woke the homunculus (4), he killed it (11 atk, 7 dmg). It also found an antidote in room 3 (14).

Mori'an found gold in room 1 (14), got sick in room 2 and lost 1HP (7), woke the creature (7) and killed it (18 atk, 10 dmg, Leach Life to gain 1HP). He didn't find anything in room 3, though (10, despite arcane adept).

Finally, Thudak probably didn't bother to search room 1 (3), didn't bother tasting the vomit soup (21), but somehow snuck past the creature (21) and found the antidote (18), which amazes me.

Last edited by Poli : 01-27-2022 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:43 AM   #33
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Of those poisoned, only Wolfrik found an antidote, but he's going to hold off on it. If he's cured from a rest, I'm hoping he gets a rest if we find the children...save the antidote for another day.

Poison roll at the end of the day for Azmyra, Lyric, and Wolfrik.

Azmyra (9), Lyric (8), and Wolfrik (10) all take a point of damage for poison.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:46 AM   #34
Poli
FOFC Survivor

End of day HP/status:

Azmyra 2HP, poisoned

Sir Gareth, 8HP

The Professor, 8HP

Tsavani, 6HP

Syntax, 9HP

Mori'an, 11HP

Thudak, 10HP

Lyric, 7HP, poisoned

Faris, 8HP

Wolfrik, 7HP, poisoned

Zilmora, 8HP

Astrid, 8HP

Last edited by Poli : 01-27-2022 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:52 PM   #35
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I don't see a scenario where Azmyra is going to make it back out of this alive. She missed out when I had her go north instead of west.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:40 AM   #36
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Friday, Jan 28

I find an open living space with a couple of straw beds and a lit fire under a cooking pot. I see the children nearby tied up and crying. They cower in fear when I enter the room, but their eyes open wide in hope when I walk into the light and they see my face.

I'm presented with three options.

A) Untie the ropes (Intellect).
B) Break the ropes (Strength).
C) Cut the ropes (Dexterity).

Of the three, cut the ropes seems dicey, but I'm going to let each of the 12 play to their strengths.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:54 AM   #37
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I won't go into the details for this quick day, but each of the 12 were eventually able to free the children. Only Astrid ended up cutting herself a bit while freeing them and lost 1 HP.

Unfortunately, the poison bug hit Azmyra, Lyric and Wolfrik again. Azmyra is down to 1HP and appears set to be the first adventurer we lose. Wolfrik's down to half his HP, so we'll use the antidote tomorrow to stop the losses.

End of day HP/status:

Azmyra 1HP, poisoned

Sir Gareth, 8HP

The Professor, 8HP

Tsavani, 6HP

Syntax, 9HP

Mori'an, 11HP

Thudak, 10HP

Lyric, 6HP, poisoned

Faris, 8HP

Wolfrik, 6HP, poisoned

Zilmora, 8HP

Astrid, 7HP

Last edited by Poli : 01-28-2022 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:00 PM   #38
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sat Jan 29, Sun Jan 30

Once I free the children, I hear a cackling sound growing louder behind me. I turn to find two hideous hags licking their lips as the survey me. Their presence is unnerving and their stench is awful The begin casting spells to frighten and harm me.

I'm to roll for wisdom, then attack, then damage for each of the hags.

This does not look good for Azmyra.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:10 PM   #39
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In the first roll, wisdom modified, we determine if the adventurer is worried. If worried, the adventurer rolls for attack twice and takes the lower value.

Sir Gareth is the only one of the 12 to kill both hags and finds 2 gold coins.

The Professor (loss of 2HP in the battles), Syntax (-1HP), Mori'an (-1HP, used Leach Life), Thudak (-2HP), Faris (-1HP), and Wolfrik (+1HP after the Healing Prayer ability...once per rest gain 1D4 in HP) managed to take down one of the hags. The other hag managed to escape. They each find 1 gold. Wolfrik decides enough is enough and takes his antidote, curing him of poison.

Tsavani (-3HP), Lyric (-3HP), Zilmora (-4HP), and Astrid (-2HP) didn't kill either hag. I suppose the hags ran off because they couldn't believe the adventurer was still standing.

Lyric rolls for poison at the end of the day and is clear (12).
Old 01-29-2022, 02:11 PM   #40
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Azmyra, oh right. Azmyra was not scared of the first hag at all. While her attack roll was initially terrible, her Lucky ability changed that to a hit. She hits the first hag, but doesn't kill it. The hag cast a spell on her and Azmyra was no more.

RIP Azmyra the Reckless. We hardly knew ye.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:20 PM   #41
Poli
FOFC Survivor

End of day/weekend HP/Status:

Azmyra RIP

Sir Gareth, 8HP

The Professor, 6HP

Tsavani, 3HP

Syntax, 8HP

Mori'an, 10HP

Thudak, 8HP

Lyric, 3HP, poisoned

Faris, 7HP

Wolfrik, 7HP

Zilmora, 4HP

Astrid, 5HP

Last edited by Poli : 01-31-2022 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:39 AM   #42
Poli
FOFC Survivor

With the kids safe, I'm ready to leave and return them to their parents. We make our way back to where we entered the tunnels. Looking up and recalling the trouble we had coming down, I realize this ain't gonna be easy.

1) Get the girl out of the well (Strength, Athlete).
2) Get the boy out of the well (Strength, Athlete).
Old 01-31-2022, 11:07 AM   #43
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sir Gareth gets both kids out without an issue. He's the only one of our adventurers to do so.

Syntax, Thudak, Lyric, Wolfrik, and Astrid all suffer a little rope burn and lose 1HP.

The Professor (-2), Tsavani (-2), Mori'an (-2), Faris (-3), and Zilmora (-3) all had struggles. Rope burns, scrapes, bruises. Faris is dinged up enough she uses her Nature's Healing ability (once per rest, restore D4 health) and gained 2HP back.

Lyric, done for the day, rolls against the poison and passes (13).
Old 01-31-2022, 11:09 AM   #44
Poli
FOFC Survivor

End of day HP/status:

Azmyra RIP

Sir Gareth, 8HP

The Professor, 4HP

Tsavani, 1HP

Syntax, 7HP

Mori'an, 8HP

Thudak, 7HP

Lyric, 2HP, poisoned

Faris, 6HP

Wolfrik, 6HP

Zilmora, 1HP

Astrid, 4HP

Last edited by Poli : 02-01-2022 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:27 PM   #45
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I return the children to their parents. They embrace in joy and tears.

"Thank you! Thank you! We are forever grateful that you have returned our children to us. How can we repay you?"

A) Demand payment for my services (Charisma, Intimidate ability...+2 to threaten or intimidate)

B) No thanks is needed. Just happy to help.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:32 PM   #46
Poli
FOFC Survivor

10 of our adventurers take the high road and say no thanks needed. However, Astrid just can't help herself. She plunks another 3 gold away from the father when he's not paying attention. They all gain a virtue point.

Even better...we learn they're headed to the Festival and the Tournament of the Lords. They offer a ride on their wagon. This results in +5 to their next survival roll.

Thudak, that wonderful half-orc, demanded payment (10). They are a bit surprised, particularly since they paid him as well before he left. They give him 2 more gold. He loses 1 virtue point in the process.

Lyric, processing his end of day poison roll, fails (4). He's now at 1HP.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:35 PM   #47
Poli
FOFC Survivor

End of day HP/status:

Azmyra RIP

Sir Gareth, 8HP

The Professor, 4HP

Tsavani, 1HP

Syntax, 7HP

Mori'an, 8HP

Thudak, 7HP

Lyric, 1HP, poisoned

Faris, 6HP

Wolfrik, 6HP

Zilmora, 1HP

Astrid, 4HP
Old 02-02-2022, 08:39 AM   #48
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Level up day!

Congratulations, you have gained enough experience to increase your hero's level.

Full disclosure, I've already read that there are 6 levels throughout this years spread out...I don't suspect I'll see another in two weeks of time.

All of our adventurers can now have 2 points distributed to their traits as desired and some health.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:54 AM   #49
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sir Gareth has gained +3 Health (Max 13), +1 Defense (15), +1 Attack (+4), damage has gone from D8 to D10, +1 SP (max 4SP). Gained Investigator ability. Gained a Spell Healing Light, 1 SP to gain HP equal to virtue. I used his 2 points to Charisma...bringing him to 0 there. That was his worst attribute at the time.

Sir Gareth Stalworth
Level 2

Str +2
Dex 0
Con +1
Int -1
Wis 0
Cha 0

Virtue +2

Gold 11

HP 11/13
Atk +4
Def 15
Dmg D10

Abilities
Intimidating, +2 to threaten and intimidate.
Athlete, +2 to overcome physical and athletic hurdles.
Survivalist, +2 to survive while traveling.
Investigator
Spell Points: 4
Spells: Divine Strike (1SP add current virtue to all attack rolls this page), Smite (1SP add current virtue to all damage rolls this page), Healing Light (1SP restore health by amount of current virtue).

Last edited by Poli : 02-02-2022 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-02-2022, 09:09 AM   #50
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Professor gained 4 health (14), 1 defense (13), 1 attack (3), damage from d8 to d12, and 1SP (4). New ability, spell Stone Skin, Use 1SP, reduce the first 4 points of incoming damage on this page to 0. I move Str and Dex from -1 to 0.

Professor Trynnicus Wyvern
Level 2

Str 0
Dex 0
Con -1
Int +2
Wis +2
Cha -1

Virtue +2

Gold 18

HP 10/14
Atk +4
Def 13
Dmg D12

Abilities
Arcane Adept, +2 to handle or deal with magic.
Student, +2 to recall history or knowledge.
Investigator, +2 to search or investigate.
Spell Points: 4
Spells: Stone Skin (1SP to reduce 4 points damage to 0, per page), Leaf on the Wind (1SP to gain +2 def/page).

Equipment and Loot:
1 ration
1 antidote

Last edited by Poli : 02-02-2022 at 10:12 AM.