Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I mean, given all my choices here, this is about how I'd rank them -

USFL jail
clap lynch
USFL lynch
BK jail

I would really prefer to leave BK alone at this point, when we deal with Schmidty we'll deal with BK. USFL is the aforementioned argument, and keeping people alive seems to be in the village's favor at this point. clap, on the other hand, seems like he's going to be loose this game regardless, so I don't really care to keep him alive. I'd rather have the vote record.

BTW, we're likely going to have day 1 version 3 tomorrow unless something interesting happens, and we need to keep that in mind.

Tyrith had pegged me early when he added USFL to the vote list instead of following me on Sndvl. He did on many cases discourage voting for clap, although here he encourages it somewhat.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #853
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Wow

+1
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #854
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Heck, yeah, taking out the DO, that is absolutely huge.

You know who else is pissed? dubb! He probably feels the way I felt when Lathum bought it as Jack the Ripper on Day Two of my first game. I was like WTH!!!

Yeah, totally. He's looking at the DO's long list of powers and silently weeping.

Unless the DO gets to take over somebody else in which case oh crap.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #855
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Ok lets get focused back on "How the fuck did Pass escape??"

I think it must clearly be a special unlisted ability, either of Pass's or someone else. Frankly I think unless somebody confesses we have to assume it's a wolf move.

I would think pass would have shown up if he had known it was going to happen, so probably a third party.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #856
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:

Based on the rules and the note that it was an inside job...It's not clear at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Players in jail DO NOT count towards victory conditions and are considered dead until they are either released from jail, broken out of jail, or executed.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #857
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

I would think pass would have shown up if he had known it was going to happen, so probably a third party.

I think this is prescicely why he doesn't show
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #858
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I think it's a third party. In fact, my guess, is given the timing, that the wolves (maybe Tyrith the DO himself) had this one time power to free a prisoner at any time (day or night), and they had a wolf on the hook with clap. So they decided to try to get Schmidty to duke to pass by "releasing" him early. And if it didn't work, well, clap was on his way to jail, not a lynch.

Probably a low risk move at that point that backfired when Schmidty pulled the Duke Move of All Time out of his arse. Trytih obviously tripped a suspicion here or there, but let's face it, he was nowhere near anyone's list (other than Schmidty, I guess) for being The Guy.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #859
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Is there any evil role/role with evil leanings that could be considered to have an "in" at the royal court?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #860
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, I think it's a third party. In fact, my guess, is given the timing, that the wolves (maybe Tyrith the DO himself) had this one time power to free a prisoner at any time (day or night), and they had a wolf on the hook with clap. So they decided to try to get Schmidty to duke to pass by "releasing" him early. And if it didn't work, well, clap was on his way to jail, not a lynch.

That seems like a pretty good theory.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #861
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Probably a low risk move at that point that backfired when Schmidty pulled the Duke Move of All Time out of his arse. Trytih obviously tripped a suspicion here or there, but let's face it, he was nowhere near anyone's list (other than Schmidty, I guess) for being The Guy.

I found the timing of the Pass release interesting as well. I think it's quite possible this was done by the wolves in hopes to draw suspicion off of Clap and haev Pass duked or lynched at that point.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #862
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

So you are saying not only were we lucky enough to have Schmidty nail Tyrith, but also have clap on the hook as a wolf?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #863
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess I will wait 'til morning to discuss things further. We've got a lot to work with tomorrow though.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #864
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is it possible Pass is a wolf and didn't want to risk 2 scans in a row?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #865
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hi, everybody!!!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #866
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Hi, everybody!!!

explain yourself.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #867
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So you are saying not only were we lucky enough to have Schmidty nail Tyrith, but also have clap on the hook as a wolf?

Well, let's face it, if clap is a wolf, it's not like we had to hook him. We were just hanging out on the pier and he jumped out of the water and right into the fish bucket.

Really, I still don't know what the deal is with clap. But there is some compelling circumstantial evidence here. clap's odd behavior (such as his Render vote), the "told to come here" post, Tyrith seeming to work against jailing anyone, and clap in particular late, etc. There is also some logical evidence that the wolves would not like the jail strategy no matter who goes in, as it either finds a wolf or establishes a COT, even if that's done inefficiently (as BK will note).

Old 06-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #868
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I just got in and am off to bed soon. There's a lot I want to say, but I want to wait for certain other people to say some stuff first. Sorry I can't be of more help -- although I will say that I didn't break myself out.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #869
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I find it a little interesting that I posted four possible "quiet" targets and picked one myself, Sndvls. Then several people have come in and targeted USFL instead with no reasoning. Why start a new quiet target rather than capitalizing on the one with one vote already?

Catching up, but I picked him because I haven't played with him before and he's been quiet. SnDvls mentioned he had a schedule problem today and I know that he can have some valuable insights.

Not that USFL couldn't. I just don't know him as well. Nothing personal.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #870
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
explain yourself.

I explained everything in my letter -- didn't you guys read it in the paper?!?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #871
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Probably a low risk move at that point that backfired when Schmidty pulled the Duke Move of All Time out of his arse.

I would suggest that someone needs to bone up on their WW history.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #872
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Heh...enlighten me. Unless you're talking about my Duke move, yeah, that was pretty bad ass.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #873
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
I'm suspicious of anyone that's advocating a lynch rather than jail for anyone at this point.

Fair enough. I understand that point of those who argue jail. Funny thing though is that feel exactly the opposite, and believe I have a valid point as well.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #874
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I explained everything in my letter -- didn't you guys read it in the paper?!?

I knew I should have read that paper more times.

I'm out for the night.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #875
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I knew I should have read that paper more times.

I'm out for the night.

Me too. Night all.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #876
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
clap, do you have a like a stock set of suspicious posts you save up to just break out in the middle of the games? Like, hmm, I think I'll take Post "C" from my Wolfy Things To Say, Set IV?

LOL. Personally I love that clap always gets himself in hot water but just keeps on GIT'n R DUN. I find him one of the most enjoyable people around here.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #877
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
It's a small thing, but yesterday when I voted Barkeep I thought Pass was the leading vote getter. When I made the vote, Telle pointed out that Barkeep was in the lead. I asked her to post the vote count since she seemed to know. She posted it very quickly. She obviously had the vote count done and handy, but chose not to post it until I pointed it out. And it had been a long while since there was any vote count.

IIRC, Telle usually keeps good notes during a game. Way better than I do anyway.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #878
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

The knights, no longer stunned rise to once again face Tyrith or The Dark One as he is known. Knights surround The Dark One on all sides. The battle is fierce and The Dark One, drained by his prior magic use, is severely weakened. One of the knights finally lands the killing blow, a through and through of the abdomen. The Dark One falls to the ground dead. Tyrith was The Dark One. As the knights celebrate a flash of light explodes from The Dark One and an entity is seen leaving the body of Tyrith and heading straight into the kingdom of Metou.

Ho-ly crap. Well done Schmidty. Very well done.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #879
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I would really like to hear something from Pass on this.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #880
SnDvls
Pro Starter

caught up. (twins has a great dinner/day BTW)

Heck of a move Schmidty lucky or not.

I still like the jailing of people each night until a COT is established.

Yes I'm a "quiet" player and UTR. In just about every game I play. I see no sence in adding to the lost/forgotten posts with nonsence. If that puts a target on me so be it. I'm a big boy I can handle that.

I voted BK for jail again as I was suspect of him pushing for Schmidty for King as I would have been for someone pushing me hard. We both play a very similar style and both have West Coast schedules that make playing the game a bit harder for us. It appears I was wrong on one account at least (Schmidty) but I feel like BK has gained a little of my trust even if his "shot in the dark" of Schmidty for king was a good one as there is no way he could have known his role either.

one thing to really think about with the jailing, which I assume won't happen later in the game when a COT is made. Jailed villagers don't count in the final ratio count so we need to remember this as we move forward and our numbers get less and less
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:31 AM   #881
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Yeah, I'm pretty sure X-COM is always going to win that one. (Hopefully.)
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #882
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
The Dark One falls to the ground dead. Tyrith was The Dark One. As the knights celebrate a flash of light explodes from The Dark One and an entity is seen leaving the body of Tyrith and heading straight into the kingdom of Metou.

My suspicion is that one of the other wolves will now take over as The Dark One (in other words, one of The Dark One's 'other powers' is an ability to take over someone else when he's killed). The details of how this work aren't clear, though - is this just a one-off thing? (would seem to be a really powerful ability if it's not), can the Dark One only take over one of his followers?

Before anyone says anything, I don't have any information on how this works - just throwing out a few possibilities for general speculation.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:32 AM   #883
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what's up? i crashed on the sofa at like 10:40pm last night.

and i've got an important 10am mtg with MetLife so i'll be gone at that point too.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #884
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
what's up? i crashed on the sofa at like 10:40pm last night.

Everyone is pumped that I've been freed from jail.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #885
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

everyone is fucking confused about HOW you've been freed and would like more insight.

and i'm in the camp of "ballsy move schmidty but way to go!!"

Hey, if it works you got to give the guy props.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #886
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Bad news, folks -- I've got a meeting that is scheduled to end at 10:45 Central. The good news is that this gives me time to see the day unfold little before I figure out what to do.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #887
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Everyone is pumped that I've been freed from jail.

Yeah lets fess up with some info on this miraculous escape of yours before we throw you back in =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #888
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

Hey, if it works you got to give the guy props.

I won't

It's a poor move that 75% of the time gets a villager killed and throws mass amounts of confusion into the game.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #889
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, I expected more talk overnight.

I will hold off until we see the night results and hear more about Pass's amazing escape.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #890
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Any guesses as to who we should make king?

I think now that we know Schmidty is good we consider BK, I doubt as a wolf BK makes that early suggestion.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #891
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

oops, forgot night results aren't up yet. I woke up early today to study for my final.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:49 AM   #892
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I won't

It's a poor move that 75% of the time gets a villager killed and throws mass amounts of confusion into the game.

I think we are living in the time of the duke! From Schmidty here, Barkeep's duking of Pass and Chief's duking of Poli, the dukes have now hit three straight against the odds.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #893
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I won't

dude. let it go. he took a risk..followed his gut...thats what this game is about probably 90% of the time....it paid off...enjoy that fact, and let the guy have his moment in the sun for christs sake.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #894
Danny
Head Coach

Now the night deadline has passed, I will post some more in depth thoughts.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #895
Danny
Head Coach

Final Day 1 Vote Count:

Pass Jail - 10 - Clap (222), USFL (253), MartinD (261), Hoops (300), path12 (344), Tyrith (366), lerriuqs (372), Pass (380), Jackal (383), BK (395)
BK Jail - 8 - Lathum (177), Render (210), SnDvLs (233), DT (235), saldana (278), CR (295), Danny (349), Kwhit (369)
KWhit Jail - 2 - Autumn (254), Telle (320)
KWhit Lynch - 1 - Schmidty (298)

We don't have too many names to fill here, but it is worth noting that Tyrith stayed off of BK.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #896
Danny
Head Coach

ay 2 Final Vote Count:

Abe/Clap Jail - 5 - USFL (528), Telle (618), DT (624), CR (626), KWhit (666)
BK Jail - 4 - Lathum (497), MartinD (527), Sndvls (532), lerriuqs (547)
Abe/Clap Lynch - 3 - Saldana (503), The Jackal (560), BK (698)
Pass Jail - 3 - Tyrith (718), Autumn (770), RendeR (783)
USFL Lynch - 2 - Path (557), Schmidty (558)
KWhit Lynch - 1 - Clap (656)
Telle Jail - 1 - Danny (736)

Tyrith stayed off of Clap here at the end and off of BK once again
Old 06-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #897
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
dude. let it go. he took a risk..followed his gut...thats what this game is about probably 90% of the time....it paid off...enjoy that fact, and let the guy have his moment in the sun for christs sake.

That's all fine and good, I just hope the next King doesn't go rogue without consulting us just for the sake of using their power before they get removed from office.

Like I said, had Tyrith come up villager we would be screaming for Schmidtys head today.

With everything the King does being so public I think we should have a say in the moves he makes that could adversely effect us.

All the credit to Schmidty for getting Tyrith, he deserves all the praise for making a nice gut read, but I''m not going to say it was a good move when the math says otherwise.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #898
Danny
Head Coach

What I find really interesting as CR pointed out last night was Pass' release from jail. This followed with Tyrith moving his vote to try and put pass back in jail. I think there's a reasonable chance the wolves released Pass (a villager) to try and get the lynch vote off of Abe/Clap and possibly Barkeep as well. The whole way this went down with Tyrith then immediately jumping on Pass and encouraging Schmidty to duke is a strong piece of information we can use.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #899
Danny
Head Coach

I see no reason not to lynch Abe today and test this theory out. BK may not be a poor choice as well. With the way everything went down I think it's highly likely there was a wolf in the top of the voting and possibly even two.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #900
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

As the night turns back into day the kingdom is abuzz with the news of yesterdays death of both the king and The Dark One. As you fetch your newspaper you know exactly what to expect as you read the headline and you are not let down as a picture of the deceased King Schmidty is on the front page as well as the body of the dark one. Also on the front page is a picture of Lord Righteous. The headline above the picture reads:

Fire claims Lord Righteous

The news of the death of Lord Righteous is shocking. You are even more surprised to learn that Danny was in fact Lord Righteous. As you open the newspaper you find an article written by Diffama Fabula:

Quote:
Diffama here! Nothing to report today except for the wonderful slaying of the Dark One by King Schmidty.

LONG LIVE KING SCHMIDTY...LONG LIVE KING SCHMIDTY!

Through his actions he has earned a place in our pantheon of national heroes, that is for sure!

The town is abuzz wondering how Citizen Passacaglia broke out of jail - with Passacaglia referencing a letter included in last night's paper. I encourage everyone (including myself!) to read it carefully and see if there are clues. Cryptically, Passacaglia also was heard in public referring to "waiting for someone else to make a statement on the matter."

Citizens are worried still - wondering if the Dark One has managed to assume another form as a final act. Although I have no hard evidence, this seems to me like it would be sensible - otherwise he was extremely vulnerable.

You spend the next several hours reading the multiple stories on the life and times of King Schmidty.

Day 3 has begun. Today there will be a king election as well as a voting deadline.

King Election Deadline 7p EST Wednesday
Voting Deadline 11p EST Wednesday

1. Barkeep49
2. lerriuqs
3. USFLTechmo
4. Abe
5. MartinD
6. hoopsguy - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 1
7. Passacaglia
8. Telle
9. The Jackal
10. Danny - Lord Righteous, Killed Night 2
11. Autumn
12. Lathum
13. SnDvls
14. RendeR
15. Chief Rum
16. saldana
17. DaddyTorgo
18. Tyrith - The Dark One, Duked Day 2 by Schmidty
19. path12
20. KWhit
21. Schmidty - Elected King Day 1, Killed Day 2 by Tyrith, Vanilla Villager

Quote:
Lord Righteous - A 100% chance to block kill attempts done by The Dark One or any followers of The Dark One. Also has a 50% chance to learn the identity of any followers of The Dark One on a blocked night kill attempted by that person. Lord Righteous will not be able to ID The Dark One.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote