Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #1151
Swaggs
Coordinator

I only have about 15 minutes left, if anyone else wants to question me.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #1152
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm still not sure what benefit you thought heavy drinking might get you.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #1153
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
What do you mean, you "had him down"? Did you see that yourself, or are you saying he said that in the thread?

Basicly I said I stayed on the ship because I had a hangover. I was purposly implying that I had no other choice.

I did this on purpose, hoping someone else would claim the same scenerio. If they did I could safely assume they were lying, since no such thing really happened.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #1154
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

I choose to drink heavily because I wanted to stay in charecture.

I don't use drugs and when I party I usualy go all out.

Just wait until vegas.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #1155
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

I went to the Fiesta Boat party a second time because I thought I would be able to observe more people (I observed that you and Lathum were there on night 1) and, truth be told, figured there might be another option, similar to the drugs, available. I was not able to identify anyone the second time and only got the two choices of drinking moderately or heavily. I chose heavily because I figured the higher expense might yield a higher value of information/item/reward.

That's as clear as I can be.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #1156
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
What do you mean, you "had him down"? Did you see that yourself, or are you saying he said that in the thread?

I have him "written" down as ... Gotta keep some notes so I don't have to search through the thread as much.

Obviously, it was working good enough if Lathum told me to go read the thread again!
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #1157
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Basicly I said I stayed on the ship because I had a hangover. I was purposly implying that I had no other choice.

I did this on purpose, hoping someone else would claim the same scenerio. If they did I could safely assume they were lying, since no such thing really happened.

That's what I thought. Still seems damning to me.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #1158
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

You are either lying or you correctly anticipated what would happen.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #1159
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So Swaggs, what you are saying is you physicaly were unable to leave the boat due to a hangover?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #1160
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
to elaborate I choose to stay on the ship day 2 because I wanted to see what would happen

Thanks for answering this time rather than your initial unhelpful response like last night.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #1161
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Thanks for answering this time rather than your initial unhelpful response like last night.

i don't voulenteer information easily.

I don't speel good either
Old 04-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #1162
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
So Swaggs, what you are saying is you physicaly were unable to leave the boat due to a hangover?

I will try to be as clear as possible:

I got heavily intoxicated. Had a good time drinking, dancing, and socializing with women. I was told that I was fortunate that the cruiseship was nearby, otherwise I would have had a tough time finding my way home.

Next day:

Prior to the deadline, I sent in a message to go snorkeling at the shipwreck.

When I got my PM, instead of getting information about the shipwreck, I was told that I overslept, had a horrible hangover, and just stayed around the boat.

No other information than that.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #1163
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
You are either lying or you correctly anticipated what would happen.

If he's lying, at least it's a 1-for-1 trade.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #1164
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I only have about 15 minutes left, if anyone else wants to question me.

Swaggs, I think you've already answered this, but if you could please do so again.

Do you have anything from Alan that would corroborate Lathum's story about the ropes being cut?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #1165
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I completely disagree with this.

I may be wrong about Swaggs, my initial reason for voting him was he was on the boat the day the roaps were cut.

If you feel I am making up some elaborate story out of the blue then so be it, but I also think it at least somewhat likely we received different results from taking the same action because we both chose to drink heavily, granted on different nights, and got very different results, assuming he is telling the truth.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #1166
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Hopefully you guys will, at least, learn something from this lynch.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #1167
hoopsguy
General Manager

Does anyone have a vote count? I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to move away from Swaggs, who has been very forthcoming with information as we have questioned him.

That said, I think we want to get a lynch at some point in the game in order to start assigning value to votes. And it seems like we need a majority (or more people than we've had on the top candidate so far) in order to accomplish this.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #1168
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just went back and looked at my PM's. Swaggs' just don't jive with what I received.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #1169
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, I think you've already answered this, but if you could please do so again.

Do you have anything from Alan that would corroborate Lathum's story about the ropes being cut?

Nothing about the ropes being cut.

I just re-read my message, but the only other thing I notice is that I had intended to talk to the captain about jeheinz72, but didn't get around to it since I overslept.

I would guess this is because I voted for him yesterday (or just for flavor from Alan).
Old 04-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #1170
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I just went back and looked at my PM's. Swaggs' just don't jive with what I received.

What doesn't jive?

You were not given the same choices as me at the party?

Am I mistaken or did you not say that you were bluffing about drinking?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #1171
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I may be wrong about Swaggs, my initial reason for voting him was he was on the boat the day the roaps were cut.

If you feel I am making up some elaborate story out of the blue then so be it, but I also think it at least somewhat likely we received different results from taking the same action because we both chose to drink heavily, granted on different nights, and got very different results, assuming he is telling the truth.

I agree with Lathum here. I find it very unlikely that he comes out after Swaggs as he did and put himself in a 1/1 situation when there is still so much uncertainty in this game.

Right now I think the likeliest scenario is that both Lathum and Swaggs are telling the truth and that somebody else cut the rope.

What I'm trying to figure out now is which one of these scenarios seems most plausible:
a) Chief was on the boat, cut the ropes and admitted he was on the boat. Seems weak.
b) Was ntn on the boat and could he have had the opportunity?
c) Is someone lying about leaving the ship but actually stayed aboard to sabotage?
d) Could the ropes have been cut by someone leaving the ship on the way to an excursion ?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #1172
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
What doesn't jive?

You were not given the same choices as me at the party?

Am I mistaken or did you not say that you were bluffing about drinking?

the choices at the party are the same.

It's what happens after we both make the same choices where things go haywire as I already mentioned.

Maybe you are a slow recoverer but I had no problem getting up the day after I drank heavily.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #1173
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I agree with Lathum here. I find it very unlikely that he comes out after Swaggs as he did and put himself in a 1/1 situation when there is still so much uncertainty in this game.

Right now I think the likeliest scenario is that both Lathum and Swaggs are telling the truth and that somebody else cut the rope.

What I'm trying to figure out now is which one of these scenarios seems most plausible:
a) Chief was on the boat, cut the ropes and admitted he was on the boat. Seems weak.
b) Was ntn on the boat and could he have had the opportunity?
c) Is someone lying about leaving the ship but actually stayed aboard to sabotage?
d) Could the ropes have been cut by someone leaving the ship on the way to an excursion ?

I heavily considered C as an option.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #1174
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I heavily considered C as an option.

I agree that someone could be (or is) lying about leaving the ship - especially if they had to stay on the ship to cut the ropes!

There are many excursions where no one can corroborate who from the boat was at that particular excursion.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #1175
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
the choices at the party are the same.

It's what happens after we both make the same choices where things go haywire as I already mentioned.

Maybe you are a slow recoverer but I had no problem getting up the day after I drank heavily.

I was told that I couldn't hold my liquor.

I don't really believe you, as I think it seems like a logical penalty for overdrinking would be to miss the next day's excursion.

I do think that, unless you are unecessarily lying your ass off about the ropes being cut, you probably have a useful role for the good side. I don't really think you are lying about this because I don't think there is a good reason to out yourself over me (since I have no role) and it is early enough for a wolf to play in the shadows at this point.

I guess you set a trap, but outsmarted yourself.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #1176
st.cronin
General Manager

It seems just as likely to me that the ropes were cut by somebody NOT on the boat, unless there's something in Lathum's pm that specifically rules that out.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #1177
Swaggs
Coordinator

Good luck, guys (except you, Lathum ).

I'm out for the day.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #1178
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Lathum, if this is as big of a 'gotcha' as you make it seem to be (it sounds like you're saying you totally bluffed on what happened to you, and he followed you in that lie), how could you be wrong about him?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #1179
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah the wrench is the unverifyable excursions.

Who do we have as having gone to an unverifyable location (like I know no one "saw" me do my excursion).
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #1180
The Jackal
Coordinator

catching up from like 7 pm yesterday until now, not sure if qwik has responded yet but if he hasnt ill tell you what happened
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #1181
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, likely out for the deadline at this point. I'm going to leave my vote where it is for now, based largely on Lathum's strong arguments that his actions clearly do not line up with the choices presented to Swaggs.

Note - this isn't some kind of "if this is wrong then we go after Lathum next" argument. I don't think it is entirely fair to make this a 1:1 trade scenario.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #1182
Passacaglia
Coordinator

About path's option C -- has anyone claimed to have left the ship, with no one to back their story? The four in the kayak can vouch for each other, KWhit and I can also..
Old 04-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #1183
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
About path's option C -- has anyone claimed to have left the ship, with no one to back their story? The four in the kayak can vouch for each other, KWhit and I can also..

I know my excursion (shipwreck snorkeling) can't be verified. So anyone who did that (including myself)
Old 04-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #1184
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
catching up from like 7 pm yesterday until now, not sure if qwik has responded yet but if he hasnt ill tell you what happened

Please do.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #1185
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, if this is as big of a 'gotcha' as you make it seem to be (it sounds like you're saying you totally bluffed on what happened to you, and he followed you in that lie), how could you be wrong about him?

Because it is possible oversleeping is a penalty possible for drinking to much and like Swaggs said I out smarted myself.

Like I said, my initial argument for Swaggs was he was on the boat when the ropes were cut. The fact that his story about why he was on the boat came out later
Old 04-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #1186
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

We do NOT have that story - just that you 4 were given options on how fast you wanted to paddle. Those that paddled faster got back to the boat and the two that presumably paddled slower missed the boat (we assume).

Please enlighten us!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #1187
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, likely out for the deadline at this point. I'm going to leave my vote where it is for now, based largely on Lathum's strong arguments that his actions clearly do not line up with the choices presented to Swaggs.

Note - this isn't some kind of "if this is wrong then we go after Lathum next" argument. I don't think it is entirely fair to make this a 1:1 trade scenario.

I just don't get it. We haven't learned a single role so far this game, and we haven't had anyone removed from the game. If we get hard data here, we've got to look at it. That said, I'm sure a ton of other shit will go down by the time that happens.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #1188
st.cronin
General Manager

Just want to say again that I don't buy "verifiable excursions" as a way of finding the wolves.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #1189
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I gotta be honest with you, this seems like a set up to me. IT is almost as if you know Swaggs and I are both good and after he goes today you are setting it up for me to pay for my play today.

There is only one reason you would make this play
Old 04-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #1190
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Just want to say again that I don't buy "verifiable excursions" as a way of finding the wolves.

of course not, but it narrows down who could be lying about their true where abouts.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #1191
The Jackal
Coordinator

Okay, what Qwik said is right, in his OOC comment anyways. I wasn't sure I believed that BK and PB were going to go slow, and I figured maybe whoever went faster would get to an item, or something like that, but instead it just meant that Qwik and I were able to get back to the ship just before the gates closed. No idea what happened to BK and PB, they were out of sight after a short while and we didn't see them again before we got back.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #1192
The Jackal
Coordinator

I guess I'll put together a vote count since I'm not busy at the moment, that'll help me decide who to vote for, as well.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #1193
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

how fast did you go Jackal?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #1194
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
of course not, but it narrows down who could be lying about their true where abouts.

I don't even buy that premise, to be honest.

knives out
Old 04-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #1195
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I gotta be honest with you, this seems like a set up to me. IT is almost as if you know Swaggs and I are both good and after he goes today you are setting it up for me to pay for my play today.

There is only one reason you would make this play

The flip side to this is that you get cleared if you're right.

Anyway, I've been caught doing that kind of thing before, and I've learned my lesson about not doing that as a wolf. In that case, I was among the late voters in a close race. This is a different story, because you came out finger-pointing earlier, and that just pings my radar if he's good.

It's all likely to be moot anyway -- what are the odds we'll actually find something out about him?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #1196
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't even buy that premise, to be honest.

Not at all? I mean, it seems like we've already caught one person in a lie.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #1197
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Okay, what Qwik said is right, in his OOC comment anyways. I wasn't sure I believed that BK and PB were going to go slow, and I figured maybe whoever went faster would get to an item, or something like that, but instead it just meant that Qwik and I were able to get back to the ship just before the gates closed. No idea what happened to BK and PB, they were out of sight after a short while and we didn't see them again before we got back.

"I'm Qwikshot and I approve this message! Margarita-time!"
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #1198
mccollins
College Prospect

Oliegirl mentioned this earlier, but what is a COT / Circle of Trust exactly?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #1199
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
The flip side to this is that you get cleared if you're right.

maybe in a more traditional game, but any trust I could possibly gain if I am correct should only last a short time
Old 04-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #1200
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oliegirl mentioned this earlier, but what is a COT / Circle of Trust exactly?

"It means people you trust as good absolutely without question..."
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote