Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2005, 05:39 PM   #451
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Ok, here's what I feel happened.

SnDvls is the cunning wolf, and that's the "transformation" st.cronin witnessed. The wolves attacked the Blessed, or more likely the Cursed last night, and for some reason the real Blessed (or for more obvious reasons the Cursed) does not want to step up -- maybe they have a grand scheme, so I'm not really going to question that.

Bottom line:

VOTE SNDVLS

I don't get this: if SnDvls isn't the blessed, and the blessed wasn't attacked, there would be no one to come forward to say they are blessed because they wouldn't know if they're blessed or not....so the "real" blessed couldn't stand up. There is also that possibility.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:43 PM   #452
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I don't get this: if SnDvls isn't the blessed, and the blessed wasn't attacked, there would be no one to come forward to say they are blessed because they wouldn't know if they're blessed or not....so the "real" blessed couldn't stand up. There is also that possibility.

Doh, right.

SnDvls defense here just smacks of wolf trying to play the sympathy card ("it's going to suck dying by a bogus PM"), and I'm not buying into it.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #453
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

there is no other blessed. I'm the blessed. I've admitted I was attacked. I don't know by who, but St. C seems to know I was attacked, he was on late last night after the night roles and quickly posted a fake PM to get in the early line that I was bad. The attack failed last night, the wolves are fighting to get another villager since the attack on me failed. St. C just didn't read the witness role correctly and now is trying to pass it off as such. No one was killed no witness.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #454
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Well the thing is if no one is willing to step and say they're blessed, and St. Cronin is telling the truth, then the only other scenario I can think of that fits the description is that the wolves got a cursed person. So even IF sndvls is lying today and is a wolf we're not all that better off than we were after our lynch yesterday.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:45 PM   #455
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
this game is fun

And just think, its only day 2!
Old 11-17-2005, 05:45 PM   #456
Blade6119
Coordinator

Here are the the scenarios i see right now:

1.Cronin is the witness, saw sundvls turn into a warewolf and attack someone...with no blessed person coming forward, they hit a cursed and we now have one more wolf

2.Sundvls was blessed and got attacked, cronin knew sun was out, either by atatcking him or being the witness...if hes the witness though, that leads back to #1.

3.Their both warewolfs trying to get one or the other cleared

Any other situations anyone sees? I think #1 is the most likely, due to the PM, whether or not others got to see it he paraphrased it anyways...you can draw your own conclusions
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:45 PM   #457
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Very true. I guess we'll find out tonight.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #458
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, here's what I feel happened.

SnDvls is the cunning wolf, and that's the "transformation" st.cronin witnessed. The wolves attacked the Blessed, or more likely the Cursed last night, and for some reason the real Blessed (or for more obvious reasons the Cursed) does not want to step up -- maybe they have a grand scheme, so I'm not really going to question that.

Bottom line:

VOTE SNDVLS
Hey also, you're on my "suspicious" list since you're editing your posts. Forgot to put that in there in my other post.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #459
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Doh, right.

SnDvls defense here just smacks of wolf trying to play the sympathy card ("it's going to suck dying by a bogus PM"), and I'm not buying into it.

did you read it? so what are you basing your vote on? Blade comfirming a fake PM?
Old 11-17-2005, 05:49 PM   #460
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Here are the the scenarios i see right now:

1.Cronin is the witness, saw sundvls turn into a warewolf and attack someone...with no blessed person coming forward, they hit a cursed and we now have one more wolf

2.Sundvls was blessed and got attacked, cronin knew sun was out, either by atatcking him or being the witness...if hes the witness though, that leads back to #1.

Any other situations anyone sees? I think #1 is the most likely, due to the PM, whether or not others got to see it he paraphrased it anyways...you can draw your own conclusions

how convinent for you to leave out if St. C was a wolf in #2 where it leads. you are the only one who can "back" the fake PM. and now you leave this out too! SOMETHINGS WRONG HERE!
Old 11-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #461
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
did you read it? so what are you basing your vote on? Blade comfirming a fake PM?

If neon oks it since a few(at least me) have already seen it, he can repost it for ya im sure...i dont know it was real, i just said it seemed to me to sound like a neon PM...ive gotten ones from him in past games it it was similar...ive never been the witness though so i cant say if it fit that mold, i just had to draw my own conlcusions...no one has to believe me, and prob. better they dont if cronin is lying so other villagers besides myself dont die from the backlash
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #462
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well my wife and daughter are home so it's time for dinner. hopefully I'll be back later tonight.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:53 PM   #463
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
how convinent for you to leave out if St. C was a wolf in #2 where it leads. you are the only one who can "back" the fake PM. and now you leave this out too! SOMETHINGS WRONG HERE!

READ THE DAMN WRITING!!! I said either he was the attacker or witness....ATTACKER MEANS WOLF!!!! Bloody hell, read what i write
Demotivation
Old 11-17-2005, 05:53 PM   #464
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
If neon oks it since a few(at least me) have already seen it, he can repost it for ya im sure...i dont know it was real, i just said it seemed to me to sound like a neon PM...ive gotten ones from him in past games it it was similar...ive never been the witness though so i cant say if it fit that mold, i just had to draw my own conlcusions...no one has to believe me, and prob. better they dont if cronin is lying so other villagers besides myself dont die from the backlash

did you post a fake PM from you friend in a previous WW game and get him killed as an innocent too? is this your M.O. as a bad guy to work up fake PM's and run with it?
Old 11-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #465
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I tried to make a case for you and was actually leaning toward you untill Blade brought up the PM. I just don't see a wolf faking a PM and then deleteing it on day 2. Sorry man, but in your death we will all see that you were nothing more than a normal villager....but we'll all know you were indeed the cunning wolf.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:55 PM   #466
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
did you post a fake PM from you friend in a previous WW game and get him killed as an innocent too? is this your M.O. as a bad guy to work up fake PM's and run with it?

It actually was a real PM, he confirmed he sent it...dont make crap up
Demotivation
Old 11-17-2005, 05:56 PM   #467
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm still down with my sndvls vote.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:56 PM   #468
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I think SnDvls has reached complete panic mode and thats why he's getting so upset. I agree with Dubb on this one, I think once we lynch him, he'll look like a normal villager to all of us, but will have indeed been the cunning wolf.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:58 PM   #469
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Boy this is quite an intersting ploy I didn't even consider. It would fit with a cursed having become a werewolf as well. Since the wolves got an additional wolf perhaps they figured by getting one of their own cleared they would be able to gain a large upperhand.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #470
Raiders Army
Coordinator

How cunning.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #471
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Smells like that darn Ship game, if you ask me.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #472
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
How cunning.

LMAO
Old 11-17-2005, 06:15 PM   #473
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Boy this is quite an intersting ploy I didn't even consider. It would fit with a cursed having become a werewolf as well. Since the wolves got an additional wolf perhaps they figured by getting one of their own cleared they would be able to gain a large upperhand.

I don't think this makes any sense; when I first came forward as a witness, neither SnDvls nor me was much of a suspect. I don't think anybody was, really. This scenario would only make sense if we were BOTH suspects, but I don't think ANYBODY had suggested ME as a suspect.

Although it's possible I'm misunderstanding you.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:18 PM   #474
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think this makes any sense; when I first came forward as a witness, neither SnDvls nor me was much of a suspect. I don't think anybody was, really. This scenario would only make sense if we were BOTH suspects, but I don't think ANYBODY had suggested ME as a suspect.

Although it's possible I'm misunderstanding you.
That's why it would work. You do this early in the game, one of you goes down but the overall number of wolves doesn't change. Furthermore, either your or SnDvls, depending on who passes the lynch vote unharmed, are pretty much cleared when the lynch happens and the person is discovered to be a wolf.

Now I'm not saying that this is what happened, as it seems like a bit of a long shot. But it would be one hell of a good strategy.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:20 PM   #475
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
But it would be one hell of a good strategy.

I disagree, because had I done nothing at all, the chances of lynching an actual wolf are less than even.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:28 PM   #476
hoopsguy
General Manager

Back - trying desperately to catch up on my reading before the deadline but I'm only up to Post #340 so have all of today's stuff to get through. I'll probably cut bait around 7:45 PM EST and work backwards to see where the vote is at and if there is a role I need to play in a close vote.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:36 PM   #477
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Does anyone have a running tally on the votes for tonight?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:37 PM   #478
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I disagree, because had I done nothing at all, the chances of lynching an actual wolf are less than even.
FWIW, I think what Barkeep's trying to say is that it's not looking at today, but at votes down the road. A sacrifice of one wolf for complete trust in another is not a bad tradeoff.

The problem with this is that if the cursed wasn't hit last night, no one should have complete trust throughout the entire game.

This is also a strategy that has never been done before (that I know of). The wolves are so low in number that I don't think they would ever sacrifice one of their own, no matter the benefit...unless it was endgame.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:41 PM   #479
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I'm starting to tally votes. Remember, deadline is at 8:00 PM EST, board time.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:44 PM   #480
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ladies and gentlemen, our very own Jeff Probst.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:45 PM   #481
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm up to about Post #440. Is there any kind of a race going on or is SunDvls the runaway leader? If that is the case then I'll stop speed-reading ...
Old 11-17-2005, 06:46 PM   #482
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I'm up to about Post #440. Is there any kind of a race going on or is SunDvls the runaway leader? If that is the case then I'll stop speed-reading ...

Its pretty much SnDvls. But I'm also interested in a vote tally.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:48 PM   #483
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Current vote count (with votes arranged by the order of voting per player):

SnDvls - st.cronin, SirFozzie, Blade6119, Barkeep49, Raiders Army, Mr. Wednesday, pennywisesb, McSweeny, dubb93, RPI-Fan
RPI-Fan - SackAttack
st.cronin - SnDvls
No Votes - hoopsguy, kingfc22

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 11-17-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #484
Blade6119
Coordinator

Anyone else think Kings utter lack of participation is odd
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 11-17-2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:56 PM   #485
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote SNDVLS

Yes, it amounts to a worthless bandwagon vote. But the vote also represents where my thoughts are after a rapid read through the posts. I don't think there is room for a villager vs villager conflict here. Which means that we are getting a one-to-one trade if St Cronin has pulled the wool over our eyes today. And a 1:1 trade still seems to have value at this point in the game.

The only point I haven't seen raised yet is if StC has conned us (I don't think this is the case) and there was a conversion last night (cursed) then we could potentially be in trouble:

Start:
13-3 Villager/Wolf
12-3 Lynch Herbalist
11-4 Conversion
10-4 St. Cronin with a very smooth con job
9-4 Wolf kill
9-3 Lynch StC
8-3 Wolf kill

All of these numbers assume that we are not seeing a double-death scenario with lovers. That is where I think our biggest danger is - we lynch a lover or a wolf bags two for the price of one. That will help them get down to the 1:1 ratio much faster.

Also, in the above scenario we don't have any more significant information on the wolves because we have accepted a trade-off of wolf/villager.

Bottom line - I hope that we are right on SnDvls as the cunning wolf or else we are really going to have our work cut out for us.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:56 PM   #486
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Anyone else think Kings utter lack of participation is odd
Yes, as well as all of the editing of posts.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:56 PM   #487
hoopsguy
General Manager

DOLA

VOTE SNDVLS

Just in case the VOTE needed to be in caps as well as the name (while bolded).
Old 11-17-2005, 06:57 PM   #488
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Vote SNDVLS

Yes, it amounts to a worthless bandwagon vote. But the vote also represents where my thoughts are after a rapid read through the posts. I don't think there is room for a villager vs villager conflict here. Which means that we are getting a one-to-one trade if St Cronin has pulled the wool over our eyes today. And a 1:1 trade still seems to have value at this point in the game.

The only point I haven't seen raised yet is if StC has conned us (I don't think this is the case) and there was a conversion last night (cursed) then we could potentially be in trouble:

Start:
13-3 Villager/Wolf
12-3 Lynch Herbalist
11-4 Conversion
10-4 St. Cronin with a very smooth con job
9-4 Wolf kill
9-3 Lynch StC
8-3 Wolf kill

All of these numbers assume that we are not seeing a double-death scenario with lovers. That is where I think our biggest danger is - we lynch a lover or a wolf bags two for the price of one. That will help them get down to the 1:1 ratio much faster.

Also, in the above scenario we don't have any more significant information on the wolves because we have accepted a trade-off of wolf/villager.

Bottom line - I hope that we are right on SnDvls as the cunning wolf or else we are really going to have our work cut out for us.

Big question is if he comes up as villager do we take it as he was blessed or the cunning wolf?
Demotivation
Old 11-17-2005, 07:00 PM   #489
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Big question is if he comes up as villager do we take it as he was blessed or the cunning wolf?

I think he'd come up as "Blessed" if that's what he was.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:01 PM   #490
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Ding ding ding.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone not to edit their posts. Unless it was a valid in-game reason. You don't want to be labelled as having "Blackaddared" yourself in a game, now, would you?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:02 PM   #491
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
Ding ding ding.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone not to edit their posts. Unless it was a valid in-game reason. You don't want to be labelled as having "Blackaddared" yourself in a game, now, would you?

Guess this is directed a little bit at me, huh?

I just have to get out of the habit. I hate spelling and grammar errors, so I love to just go and fix them real quick. In addition, upon re-reading right after I post, I often see a thought I wanted to throw in there. Need to remember to just type it in a new post.

BTW, what did Blackadar do?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:05 PM   #492
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I think my vote may have been misplaced. I'm sure it's in there, somewhere.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:07 PM   #493
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Votes: (edited to correct it, missed kingfc's and ardent's vote)
SnDvls - st.cronin, SirFozzie, kingfc22, ardent enthusiast, Blade6119, Barkeep49, Raiders Army, Mr. Wednesday, pennywisesb, McSweeny, dubb93, RPI-Fan, hoopsguy
RPI-Fan - SackAttack
st.cronin - SnDvls

You gather around SnDvls, quite convinced that he is a werewolf. You grab him by the arms and start tying him up. He struggles, and starts to fight back. You feel him growing stronger! He turns himself into that which you fear the most! Of course, everyone starts running for their lives. Fortunately a noose has already been tied around his neck, and a couple of you manage to hoist the rope up a ledge. You pull, hard... and soon everyone joins in. SnDvls' wolf form is lifted from the ground, and you hear him whimper like a dog as he gasps for air. You leave him there as he thrashes about, and wait until he is no more.

SnDvls was a werewolf!

It is now Night (2), kindly send in your actions.

Player List:
SackAttack
st.cronin
kingfc22
Raiders Army
Passacaglia - Herbalist, lynched Day 1.
hoopsguy
RPI-Fan
ardent enthusiast
pennywisesb
SnDvls - Werewolf, lynched Day 2
McSweeny
Mr. Wednesday
SirFozzie
dubb93
Barkeep49

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 11-17-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:12 PM   #494
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
BTW, what did Blackadar do?

Anyone would like to recall that wonderful childish tantrum 'adar pulled?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #495
st.cronin
General Manager

well, that comes as a surprise to me - i thought for sure he would be cunning ...
Old 11-17-2005, 07:17 PM   #496
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
Anyone would like to recall that wonderful childish tantrum 'adar pulled?

It was Blackaddar, wasn't it? Hmmm. I might have had my memory messed up a bit.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:19 PM   #497
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nice job, all!

Weird play by team wolf - why have the regular wolf as the executioner? The cunning wolf would create dissention. The brutal wolf would take someone with him.

Well, we no longer have a herbalist or a witness so the seer is of paramount importance now. I would urge whoever has this role to try and steer conversation towards a wolf without revealing your role. Blade, please make sure to add this to any quotes you might have suggesting that I'm trying to "out" the special villagers. Is that un-subtle enough?

If there are 3 (or more? general assumpion is that we started with 3) wolves then we still have a lot of work ahead of us and not many unique assets remaining.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #498
hoopsguy
General Manager

Neon, did you ever post on the seer/cunning wolf question? How does the cunning wolf appear to the seer? Human or wolf?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #499
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Go team villager!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:26 PM   #500
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well looks like the error in pm posting got me. I'll be watching closely, but I'm pretty confident the wolves will win. Thanks Neon for a fun game while it lasted.

Go Wolves!!!