Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #851
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
If playing defense everyday is an obvious wolf strategy (which I disagree with btw...it'd just draw attention to a wolf, particularly when they haven't been under suspicion) then why would I do the "obvious wolf thing" if I was a wolf?

You're using quote marks, yet not saying anything I said. I believe that's called putting words in my mouth. I said it's what I was expecting a wolf might do. I say that in particular because I don't think it's "obvious" but it's smart.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #852
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Vote JAG

For real? I mean, not that there's no way JAG should get a vote, but these driveby votes of people not on anyone's radar aren't going to get traction, so what's the point?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #853
path12
Coordinator

Vote count through 850:

Lathum 2 -- Suicane75 (825), DaddyTorgo (849)
ntndeacon 1 -- Chubby (834)
JAG 1 -- Julio Riddols (838)
DaddyTorgo 1 -- Lathum (842)

Not voted: JAG, britrock88, Autumn, path12, ntndeacon, murrayyyyy, bulletsponge.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #854
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
For real? I mean, not that there's no way JAG should get a vote, but these driveby votes of people not on anyone's radar aren't going to get traction, so what's the point?

Actually I've got JAG on my shortlist for todays vote as well, FWIW.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #855
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
yeah.

I hate country.

They had some topless womens hockey team after the game here(Las Vegas Wranglers) in early Feb. Come to think about it, no one made a big deal about it. They must have all had the bodies of a 11 year old boy.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #856
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

I'll have my vote when I get home tonight. Took a break from NBA codes that all look the same. My eyes be killing me right now.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #857
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Actually I've got JAG on my shortlist for todays vote as well, FWIW.

But it's not like Julio knew that. Right? He also didn't have any reason to think anyone was voting Suicane all the other days. So unless you and he are wolves and he's flying by setting you up with a vote to build on, he has no reason to think anyone else is voting JAG today. Certainly if he doesn't present any sort of argument to go with it.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #858
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I think the rumble part will have big implications to the werewolf part today. I want to go a different route today. I am hopeful that Lathum and DT are just carping at each other.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #859
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
But it's not like Julio knew that. Right? He also didn't have any reason to think anyone was voting Suicane all the other days. So unless you and he are wolves and he's flying by setting you up with a vote to build on, he has no reason to think anyone else is voting JAG today. Certainly if he doesn't present any sort of argument to go with it.

Agree totally with regard to the annoyance factor of a constant randomish drive by vote. Only pointing out that a vote for JAG by itself doesn't strike me as unreasonable.

I'm going to start off in another direction though. Like I said earlier, the only person who has really been in the thick of the votes but had people move off for whatever reason is britrock. I think finding out what is going on there tells us a great deal if he is a wolf. If he is not a wolf it tells us that we have totally had our collective heads up our asses so far.

VOTE BRITROCK88
Old 02-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #860
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You're using quote marks, yet not saying anything I said. I believe that's called putting words in my mouth. I said it's what I was expecting a wolf might do. I say that in particular because I don't think it's "obvious" but it's smart.

Fair enough - wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.

I wouldn't expect a wolf to play defense everyday though. I'd expect them to get real into the RPing aspect of the game and attack people everyday to try to cut down the number of villagers faster.

In fact - I think we should look at those sorts of people harder.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #861
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I think at this point the wheels fall off and it either goes one way or the other. So far the rumble hasn't affected the game, but it will after today. Frankly, I want to win both, which is a hard balance to make. We'll need some luck in the Rumble.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #862
path12
Coordinator

Vote count through 859:

Lathum 2 -- Suicane75 (825), DaddyTorgo (849)
ntndeacon 1 -- Chubby (834)
JAG 1 -- Julio Riddols (838)
DaddyTorgo 1 -- Lathum (842)
britrock88 1 -- path12 (859)

Not voted: JAG, britrock88, Autumn, ntndeacon, murrayyyyy, bulletsponge.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #863
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Fair enough - wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.

I wouldn't expect a wolf to play defense everyday though. I'd expect them to get real into the RPing aspect of the game and attack people everyday to try to cut down the number of villagers faster.

In fact - I think we should look at those sorts of people harder.

Well clearly most of the wolves have not played defense every day, as no one but you has. So everybody has been attacking at least part time. But I disagree, I think it's clear that the people who got injured first or who attacked first were like blood in the water, and no wolf's going to want to be one of those.

That was my assumption at least. On the flip side, Murray is the only one who has attacked every day, but that's harder to parse because everyone else who attacked took some significant damage, and so fell back.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #864
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think DT's and Suicanes "you went after me so now I am going after you" reasons to vote me stink to high hell.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were both wolves trying to get a run on me then have a flimsy excuse as to why.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #865
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I think DT's and Suicanes "you went after me so now I am going after you" reasons to vote me stink to high hell.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were both wolves trying to get a run on me then have a flimsy excuse as to why.

I'm suspicious of you too. Hell, I'm suspicious of damn near everyone not me right now.

Except Rhodes. He doesn't scare me a bit. I'll take care of Rhodes.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #866
Autumn
Head Coach

Digging through the thread, looking for something. Something that strikes me: both Chubby and Suicane are really floating by. Neither of them has posted anything, or even really made a vote, that was not related to the wrestling portion. They're both voting based on who's attacking them, making posts related to that, and not engaging at all the Werewolf side. Strikes me as a dangerous thing to let happen.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #867
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm not in any way allied with Suicane/connected with him. I just think your "gut" votes for me are a weak reasoning for this push on me and for your earlier post trying to rally people to vote for me with you.

Frankly I'm not sold on you being a wolf - with the seer being gone you don't necessarily have a wolfish reason to push for me so hard and I think we're likely Villager/Villager here (unless you somehow think I'm one of the lovers and you're a wolf trying for a 2-for-1).
Old 02-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #868
Autumn
Head Coach

Working now, I'll get back to digging through posts in a bit.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #869
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

With Jake the Snake Roberts and Rowdy Roddy Piper struggling to stave off being thrown from the ring, this fighting round brings an element to it not yet seen in this year's Royal Rumble.

Some wrestlers seem intent to finish Roberts and Piper off. Others are more cautious, wondering how being aggressive here will look, or even worse, wondering who would be ready to pounce on them the second they are done with their attack.

If a wrestler submitted a conditional order, that order is also included here, but is denoted with a double asterisk (**), and will only happen should they be unable to perform a Finishing move.

All actions listed in alphabetical order again, by category.

FINISHING MOVES

Autumn (The Warlord) FIN Suicane75 (Jake the Snake Roberts)
britrock88 (Rick The Model Martel) FIN Chubby (Rowdy Roddy Piper)
Lathum (Jimmy Superfly Snuka) FIN Chubby (Rowdy Roddy Piper)
murrayyyyy (The American Dream Dusty Rhodes) FIN Suicane75 (Jake The Snake Roberts)

AGGRESSIVE ATTACK

**Autumn (the Warlord) ATT Julio Riddols (The Ultimate Warrior)
**Lathum (Jimmy Superfly Snuka) ATT ntndeacon (Mr. Perfect)
path12 (Ted The Million Dollar Man DiBiase) ATT murrayyyyy (The American Dream Dusty Rhodes)

CAUTIOUS ATTACK

**britrock88 (Rick the Model Martel) ATT bulletsponge (The Barbarian)
Julio Riddols (The Ultimate Warrior) ATT JAG (The Honky Tonk Man)
**murrayyyyy (The American Dream Dusty Rhodes) ATT path12 (Ted The Million Dollar Man DiBiase)
ntndeacon (Mr. Perfect) ATT DaddyTorgo (Randy Macho Man Savage)

CAUTIOUS DEFENSE

bulletsponge (The Barbarian)
JAG (The Honky Tonk Man)

AGGRESSIVE DEFENSE

Chubby (Rowdy Roddy Piper)--FINISHABLE
DaddyTorgo (Macho Man)
Suicane75 (Jake The Snake Roberts)--FINISHABLE

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #870
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Digging through the thread, looking for something. Something that strikes me: both Chubby and Suicane are really floating by. Neither of them has posted anything, or even really made a vote, that was not related to the wrestling portion. They're both voting based on who's attacking them, making posts related to that, and not engaging at all the Werewolf side. Strikes me as a dangerous thing to let happen.

They're both almost dead now too, right? I figure we'll find out about them soon enough post fight results.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #871
path12
Coordinator

Dola, especially given the post just before that one. Two finishing moves on both I'd imagine will put at least one of them out.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #872
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I think the assumption is that I'm the BG so the wolves are trying to get me out via the rumble.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #873
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, I thought I'd have to fight off hordes to get a chance to finish one of these guys. You guys know you get extra stats if you finish them, right?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #874
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Wow, I thought I'd have to fight off hordes to get a chance to finish one of these guys. You guys know you get extra stats if you finish them, right?

I didn't look at the finishing part until just now otherwise I would have as well. Was too focused looking at votes and forgot.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #875
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I think the assumption is that I'm the BG so the wolves are trying to get me out via the rumble.

At what point do you think they got that impression? I think you've been attacked by bullet, NTN and saldana, bullet on D2 and the others on D3.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #876
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
At what point do you think they got that impression? I think you've been attacked by bullet, NTN and saldana, bullet on D2 and the others on D3.

At the point people have been boo-hooing about me being "quiet"
Old 02-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #877
Autumn
Head Coach

This is a bit out there, but I'm going with my gut. My thought going into this fight today was that the wolves might not duke it out for the finishing blow, but instead leave that up to the village, and take a shot at someone in the meantime, knowing their defense are probably down, and figuring this will draw less negative attention. Path meets that, and I am going to throw this out there. I feel like most of the wolves must be out of the limelight so far.

VOTE PATH12
Old 02-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #878
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I did not realize that, no.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #879
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
At the point people have been boo-hooing about me being "quiet"

Which is when? I mean specifically, is there some reason you think they guessed this? Because it makes a difference whether you think it's bullet who was behind it, or if it's NTN. I don't remember poeple making comments about that, was it D2 or D3?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #880
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Not really any comments I can think, if I had to guess day 2? I am pretty firm in my lynch vote for what its worth
Old 02-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #881
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

One other thing I find interesting is both suicane and DT vote me because I went after them, yet neither attack me in the ring. Seems they are trying to get me off their tails while not making it look obvious.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #882
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This is a bit out there, but I'm going with my gut. My thought going into this fight today was that the wolves might not duke it out for the finishing blow, but instead leave that up to the village, and take a shot at someone in the meantime, knowing their defense are probably down, and figuring this will draw less negative attention. Path meets that, and I am going to throw this out there. I feel like most of the wolves must be out of the limelight so far.

VOTE PATH12

Regarding your bolded statement, I have started thinking that way too and was thinking about a vote on Julio. I think as a wolf it would make great sense to be weird and out there, or just role-playing hard, because it makes it look like you're a villager and gives you cover for attacking people / making out there votes. He's also had mostly early votes if I recall correctly.

Just my gut though and not sure how much traction it would get. I don't really have much thoughts analysis-wise, I've tried looking at the votes but haven't really seen anything stad out where I say certain people are coordinating things.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #883
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Regarding your bolded statement, I have started thinking that way too and was thinking about a vote on Julio. I think as a wolf it would make great sense to be weird and out there, or just role-playing hard, because it makes it look like you're a villager and gives you cover for attacking people / making out there votes. He's also had mostly early votes if I recall correctly.

Just my gut though and not sure how much traction it would get. I don't really have much thoughts analysis-wise, I've tried looking at the votes but haven't really seen anything stad out where I say certain people are coordinating things.

Yeah, I was just looking through votes and I know one of Julio's had me sitting straight up like, "Oh actually that could have been protecting someone." But then his D1 was just like a shot in left field. I can't make heads or tails of it. It's like the claphamsa strategy.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #884
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

crap just catching up. missed the fight action, and i really wanted to finish off chubby. i hope you pull through chubby... because i want to finish you myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #885
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

VOTE PATH12

Or I got tired of getting attacked by the same guy even after I went defensive twice in order to get the point across and decided that I would try and get the message across another way.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #886
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im really confused right now. brit is still on my radar
Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #887
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

VOTE PATH12

or just trying to lead the conversation...
Old 02-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #888
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im going to wait until late to vote today.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #889
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

I think at least part of that is that folks assume that they are getting out of the rink this evening anyway. I know my vote wont be on either of them.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #890
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I only after realized that those were the two on the brink. But my point was just about their posts. It makes me more encouraged we might catch something in one of those two.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #891
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
or just trying to lead the conversation...

Or have a conversation ... about the WW game.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #892
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
VOTE LATHUM

This random push for me with no basis in anything is really getting irritating. All the same, I know Lathum and I have butted heads before when we're both villagers, so that MIGHT be the case here.

i gotta agree with DT here. Lathum just started today pushing for DT, and for no real reason other than his gut. seriously weve gotten a bunch of villagers lynched so far because of our gut, and now he wants us to eye DT for no particular reason hoping to lead a lynch mob onto him.

btw quick question, did Saladana clear anyone with scans other than Autumn? did he mention any because he had several days to scan
Old 02-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #893
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Or have a conversation ... about the WW game.

you do realize that the 2 are connected, no?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #894
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
i gotta agree with DT here. Lathum just started today pushing for DT, and for no real reason other than his gut. seriously weve gotten a bunch of villagers lynched so far because of our gut, and now he wants us to eye DT for no particular reason hoping to lead a lynch mob onto him.

btw quick question, did Saladana clear anyone with scans other than Autumn? did he mention any because he had several days to scan

Not true. I mentioned a few days ago I didn't like his D1 vote and felt wolves were burying their votes early and not moving them. I mentioned it again today. Are you purposely distorting the facts?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #895
Autumn
Head Coach

Clearly, since that's what the post you quoted was about.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #896
Autumn
Head Coach

That was in reply to Chubby.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #897
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That was in reply to Chubby.

You seem to be implying that by only talking about the wrestling side i'm somehow ignoring the werewolf. That's a foolish assumption to make.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #898
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

The more Lathum argues against the two piddly little votes on him today and tries to pin suicane and I together the more convinced I am that my vote isn't going anywhere.

I know he's going out for the night and maybe just trying to have his say before he goes, but at this point I'm about 95% sure that my vote isn't going to move off of him - he's just arguing way too hard.

FWIW I didn't attack anyone in the ring today because I was AFK all day until after deadline (or like 3 minutes before deadline when I got settled in on the train), and had put in a placeholder aggressive defense vote last night before I went to bed.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #899
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, my point was that until just now the only posts you'd made in the game directly referred to the wrestling, or defended your votes in terms of wrestling actions. Until just the last hour you never explained why that was connected to the WW game, nor did you comment on anything in the WW game that was not directly about wrestling. So if it's a foolish assumption I've made, you've allowed it by not explaining yourself until this evening. I mean the game happens here in thread, not just in our heads.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #900
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not true. I mentioned a few days ago I didn't like his D1 vote and felt wolves were burying their votes early and not moving them. I mentioned it again today. Are you purposely distorting the facts?

Really?? My D1 vote??

D1 votes are an absolute crapshoot 99.99% of the time and you know it. This is about as transparent and meaningless an argument against someone as you can make.