Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #1
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

La Arkasia (a HT dynasty)

Hello everyone,

This is a dynasty thread about a Hattrick (HT) soccer team called the Arkansas Cobras. The title is a play on the famed Barcelona youth academy called La Masia.

I have had two different HT teams. The first was appropriately named Golden Eagles FC. It was operated during the heyday of FOFC members playing HT. I lost interest in the team eventually was taken over by a bot.

In 2009, I created the new team. I was living in Arkansas at the time. The club started out VI but worked itself all the way up to the III. We actually achieved back to back promotions. The highest we finished was 3rd of the III series. We made two runs in the cup to round 7.

When we dropped down to IV, I lost a bit of interest but still actively kept up with the team. We finished 3rd in season 67. I decided to invest heavily to get back to III. I bought a bunch of players, including a $10M player who was close to the USMNT. It failed miserably. The team wasn't really any better and I lost interest. We actually had 2 walk-overs, which is very unusual for me.

So I was faced with a choice. I could try to sink more money in the team (I still had about $20M in funds) or just give it up. I decided I didn't really enjoy the transfer market side of the game but did enjoy the training/team-building. This led me to a unique idea of having a team of all homegrowns (hence the name La Arkasia).

There is some strategic advantages to this. Homegrown players automatically have divine loyalty. They also get another bonus on top of that. But it is going to be a long time until we are competitive again.

I will introduce the team shortly. We still have some players who are on the squad that I have to keep around so we can field a team. We will be somewhat competitive until then.

GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #2
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Training - 8/2/18

We are training defending to start, but will rotate around to different skills. I chose defending to start because its the one area where I can get 5 players full-time training.

We had pops in 3/5 of the players that were trained:
Damian Calvo went from poor to weak
Luke Roberts went from wretched to poor
Geronimo Heredia went from inadequate to passable (and increased his stamina to inadequate)
Old 08-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #3
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Youth Pull - 8/2/18

I say youth pull, but that is more of an older term. I have 3 scouts that I can call and can accept or decline the player. All scouts are scouting Arkansas. The player has to be be in my youth squad for a year before I can call him up (and be 17)

I usually do the youth pulls on Tuesday. This week, we got this guy on our 3rd call to our scout:

Efraín Encinas
16 years and 2 days
Can be promoted in 110 days.

Keeper: unknown
Defending: unknown (max passable)
Playmaking: unknown
Winger: inadequate (max unknown)
Passing: unknown (max passable)
Scoring: unknown

He played wing back in his first game and got 5 starts. He will be able to be called up on his 17th birthday (we got lucky and he was 16.0). He is probably the best prospect in my youth academy right now, so I am excited about that.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:38 PM   #4
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Our first league match saw us go on the road and we didn't get totally crushed. We are still using a decent keeper, so that is helping. But we did lose 4-o against a team that finished 5th last year.

Luis Lebrija made his debut playing left wing back. He posted a 1 star. Luis is being trained long-term to hopefully be our backup keeper. Here are his current ratings:

Luis Lebrija
18 years and 59 days
TSI = 120, wage = 350 US$/week
In passable form, weak stamina.
Has wretched experience and weak leadership.
Has divine loyalty.

Keeper: 3/20 poor
Defending: 1/20 disastrous
Playmaking: 1/20 disastrous
Winger: 1/20 disastrous
Passing: 1/20 disastrous
Scoring: 1/20 disastrous
Set pieces: 2/20 wretched

It is pretty bad. I guess we can get his defending up some since we don't have enough players to train in defending right now. Hopefully we have a better candidate emerge by the time we do keeper training with the senior team.

Other notables:
Woodall - CD - 2 stars
Roberts - CD - 2 stars
Heredia - CD 2.5 - stars
Calvo - RWB - 2.5 stars

Here is the player who joined the youth academy this week:

Steve Swanson
16 years and 54 days
Can be promoted in 111 days.

Keeper: unknown
Defending:
6/? passable (max unknown)
Playmaking: unknown
Winger: unknown
Passing:
4/8-1/4 unknown (max weak)
Scoring: unknown
Set pieces: unknown

We wlll slide him straight into the defensive training we are doing in the youth academy at the moment.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 08-07-2018 at 07:40 PM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
PilotMan
Head Coach

Following.

It's been years since I played Hattrick, just kind of wondering what's in there now. I probably still won't play, but it should be fun to see where it's at now.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:07 PM   #6
Masked
College Starter

I'm also following. I've been back playing around with HT for the last year or so and have two teams Shadow Roos in the US and Complex Spikes in Oceania. I'm also far more interested in training rather than the transfer market but haven't fully committed to a homegrown team yet. Good luck.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote