Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #401
MJ4H
Coordinator

I have eaten both a Big Mac and Pizza in the bath tub before.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #402
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
I have eaten both a Big Mac and Pizza in the bath tub before.

In one sitting?!?!
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #403
MJ4H
Coordinator

No.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #404
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I haven't taken a bath - with or without a Big Mac - since I was about 9 years old.

Fortunately for everyone I come in contact with, I shower daily.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #405
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I can't believe you went out of you way to buy Krispy Kreme donuts last night and did not consume them immediately! Krispy Kremes are meant to be eaten hot right off the line!

Most truthful thing stated in this thread.

The Peace Street location is going to be re-opening after the remodel on June 1st. Apparently the prize for the first in line will be a box of a dozen freebies a week for a year. Someone's either going to end up on Biggest Loser or will be unfireable from his/her job for a year.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #406
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
One of the few times I think it's OK to be a little selfish is for your wedding. Note, it's not acceptable to be selfish to the point of being a d-bag (or a bride "witch" or its male equivalent), but who doesn't want a perfect wedding day?

/tk

Well, after two failures I'm really just hoping for a last wedding day.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #407
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Most truthful thing stated in this thread.

The Peace Street location is going to be re-opening after the remodel on June 1st. Apparently the prize for the first in line will be a box of a dozen freebies a week for a year. Someone's either going to end up on Biggest Loser or will be unfireable from his/her job for a year.

awesome

There was a 24/7 krispy kreme about a mile walk from Georgia Tech's campus that we used to go to ... well probably too frequently, but there were always hot donuts right off the line at that location.

I don't remember my Raleigh geography *that* well but some googling shows that the Peace St location would be the closest one to the elementary and middle schools that I went to (hunter elem/ligon middle), I'm pretty sure that is the one mom would take me and my sister to on rare occasions on the way home from school when we were kids. Good stuff!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #408
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
awesome

There was a 24/7 krispy kreme about a mile walk from Georgia Tech's campus that we used to go to ... well probably too frequently, but there were always hot donuts right off the line at that location.

I don't remember my Raleigh geography *that* well but some googling shows that the Peace St location would be the closest one to the elementary and middle schools that I went to (hunter elem/ligon middle), I'm pretty sure that is the one mom would take me and my sister to on rare occasions on the way home from school when we were kids. Good stuff!

Most likely. The Peace Street one is the "historic" one and one of the ones that you could witness the whole production cycle going on in the back. Nothing quite so interesting as watching those doughnuts be conveyored under a glaze waterfall and then trundle around on other conveyors in order to cool off before being packaged (or better yet, brought to the registers and put into boxes right after you order them.

Even saw something where KK is giving out free doughnuts on June 4th as part of "National Doughnut Day". Free Krispy Kreme doughnut...aaraaaraaghhh
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #409
MacroGuru
Coordinator

No offense to the women at FOFC...but was there a flyer that was sent out to others to act like a crazy bitch day?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #410
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
One of the few times I think it's OK to be a little selfish is for your wedding. Note, it's not acceptable to be selfish to the point of being a d-bag (or a bride "witch" or its male equivalent), but who doesn't want a perfect wedding day?

/tk

Eh, I'm of the opinion that wanting over the "perfect" wedding day is meaningless. Or at least counterproductive.

I mean...either it puts unrealistic expectations on the rest of the marriage to live up to the day of its inception, or you run yourself so ragged worrying about it that you can't enjoy it for what it is.

Way I see it is, if the bride and groom both show up, the officiant gets their names right, and neither party breaks down in drunken "oh my God what have I done" recriminations at the reception, you're playing with house money at that point.

Besides, half the people at the wedding will probably have to go to other weddings in their lifetime, and if yours is THE perfect day, it devalues all those other couples' weddings. That's just heartless.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #411
JediKooter
Coordinator

The Grateful Dead really aren't that good. With the exception of maybe two songs that are merely "not bad", the rest of their music sucks.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #412
cuervo72
Head Coach

Watching old NewsRadio clips I'm remembering how much I dug Khandi Alexander on that show.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #413
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
The Grateful Dead really aren't that good. With the exception of maybe two songs that are merely "not bad", the rest of their music sucks.
Yes
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #414
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Gonna attempt to make pizza from scratch... dough and all.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #415
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I am sick and tired of seeing all the "news" about dead celebrities, especially people who haven't made a significant impact except being the butt of a joke in ages. Yes, I'm sure their families will miss them. But that is no reason for the actual news of the world to grind to a halt.

/annoyed with the media coverage of michael jackson and then gary coleman
/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #416
Ksyrup

Quote:
no reason for the actual news of the world to grind to a halt.

Dont worry - the oil is still gushing.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #417
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
No offense to the women at FOFC...but was there a flyer that was sent out to others to act like a crazy bitch day?
Actual conversation that took place two hours ago:

Girlfriend: Did you want to do something Sunday night? I don't have to work on Monday.

Me: There is that bbq on Sunday that I bought steaks for.

Girlfriend: So you don't want to hang out?

Me: No, I invited you to it last week and you said you'd think about it.

Girlfriend: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER PLANS YOU ASKED ME ABOUT OVER A WEEK AGO?

Me: I don't know.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #418
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I haven't taken a bath - with or without a Big Mac - since I was about 9 years old.

Fortunately for everyone I come in contact with, I shower daily.

Last bath I took was after wrecking on my bike at 47mph and sliding down the asphalt removing most of the skin from my left leg. It hurt too much to take a shower, and I still screamed in pain... should have gone to the hospital... really wish I did when the leg became infected a week later and hurt worse than when it first happened. Showers and screams went hand in hand for a week or so.
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #419
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Actual conversation that took place two hours ago:

Girlfriend: Did you want to do something Sunday night? I don't have to work on Monday.

Me: There is that bbq on Sunday that I bought steaks for.

Girlfriend: So you don't want to hang out?

Me: No, I invited you to it last week and you said you'd think about it.

Girlfriend: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER PLANS YOU ASKED ME ABOUT OVER A WEEK AGO?

Me: I don't know.

lol We're forgetful, what can I say

I forget things all the time so Ant and I have a joint calendar so if anything comes up, we check it and avoid these silly arguments. If it's not written down, I will forget.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #420
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Oh and you guys say bitch like it's a bad thing. Wear it with pride my fellow lady FOFCers.

Girl power
Old 05-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #421
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Gonna attempt to make pizza from scratch... dough and all.

did this the other day. Really helps if you have a kitchenaid mixer or something to knead for you.

And does this mean you're making cheese and tomato sauce as well?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #422
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
did this the other day. Really helps if you have a kitchenaid mixer or something to knead for you.

And does this mean you're making cheese and tomato sauce as well?

nah, we don't have one of those fancy mixers. if we had one it would probably just sit there because I don't usually cook from scratch. As far as the tomato sauce and cheese, no cows, goats or tomato vines @ our apt. so it's basically a couple of garlic cloves cooked over olive oil and a can of Italian tomatoes. Cheese is fresh mozzarella and goat cheese.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #423
MJ4H
Coordinator

GD MF POKER GD GD GD GD GD TILT OMFG DIE SRSLY
Old 05-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #424
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Sometimes I don't think things through. For example, tonight I heard That Summer by Garth Brooks. I've heard countless times before but I never really thought about it. When I heard:

And I have rarely held another
When I haven't seen her face

I thought he was talking about picking up that girl, he seemed really shallow to me. Then I thought he wouldn't say that since he cares about his reputation. Then I realized what he meant. I liked my version better. Carry on.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:07 AM   #425
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm watching another fantastic episode of Maury tonight. Paternity tests galore.

So to the FOFC community, I propose a question. What percent of fathers out there are really not the true father of the child and just don't know it?

I'm going to say 2%.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:13 AM   #426
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I love the double "not the father" swerves.

I think it's probably in that ballpark Rainmaker.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:17 AM   #427
RainMaker
General Manager

I love it too. They just had a great one. Guy is with girl and proposes before the announcement. The guy they don't want to be the Father is off to the side. The guy they don't want to be the Father is told he is not the Father and the happy couple jump for joy. Then Maury lays down the hard news that the other guy isn't either.

The one thing I'm amazed at is how you can't keep track. I mean how much of your time is dedicated to sex with different individuals to not know who the Father is after 3 or 4 guys. We aren't talking about a big window here.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #428
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, my wife was telling me about that one the other day.

I especially love it when they bring in like 4 guys to be tested. I think the chicks are saying that their vagina is like a trash can in front of walmart and everyone throws their garbage in it. And it's 2010, who the fuck is either so goddamn dumb to have unprotected sex with multiple individuals in a short window timeframe or too goddamn cheap to afford condoms.

And the state should be seizing this Maury money, lord knows 99% of the people on that show paid for none of their medical care associated with the pregnancy.

Another awesome thing, other than the double swerve.....the impossibly stupid reason(you're not the father). "My other 6 babies are girls, I only make girl babies."
Old 05-29-2010, 01:29 AM   #429
McSweeny
College Starter

i like shots of whiskey. i like my friends who buy me shots of whiskey. i like fofc.
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #430
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

my cousin went on Maury or one of those shows many years ago with his girlfriend. except he didn't. he didn't want to do the show but his girlfriend did so they had a mutual friend go in his place and pretend to be him.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #431
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny View Post
i like shots of whiskey. i like my friends who buy me shots of whiskey. i like fofc.

Is this some sort of transitive property?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #432
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I need to go to this game- it's about 3+ hours away in Wilmington Delaware, home of the Royals high-A affiliate Blue Rocks:

June 19th vs Winston-Salem Dash

Ticket promo: $10 ticket gets you in the door, gets you a box seat, free hot dog, free drink, and $8 gift card for the gift shop

Additional promo: Free hat night

The clincher: Cowboy Monkey Rodeo Night Encore Performance
And what's that you ask? It appears to be the encore performance of Cowboy Monkey Rodeo from the night before. It has a picture of a monkey in a cowboy hat on the back of a dog. I need to go see that!

SI

Old 05-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #433
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Everytime I kiss Ant on the cheek, he says, "Aaahhhh acid!!" Was funny the first couple of times but not so funny when the kids pick up on it. Now, everytime I kiss our daughter, she says, "Aaaah, my face is melting!" And our son, "Mommy, don't kiss me, if you kiss it hurts."

It was funny for a while, but when I'm depressed the way I am now, it hurts... a lot.

I'll probably regret posting this but right now, I really don't give a damn.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 05-29-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:48 PM   #434
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I need to be coaching little league baseball. Some of these kids have absolutely no clue. What are their dads doing at home? My old man would never have let me played if I looked as terrible as some of these kids do.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:09 AM   #435
MJ4H
Coordinator

I really hate Auburn.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:48 AM   #436
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I just turned 30 today! Woots!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #437
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Everytime I kiss Ant on the cheek, he says, "Aaahhhh acid!!" Was funny the first couple of times but not so funny when the kids pick up on it. Now, everytime I kiss our daughter, she says, "Aaaah, my face is melting!" And our son, "Mommy, don't kiss me, if you kiss it hurts."

It was funny for a while, but when I'm depressed the way I am now, it hurts... a lot.

I'd just be happy to get a kiss from a lady, acid burning or not.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #438
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I just turned 30 today! Woots!

Happy birthday, fancy pants

I just turned 30 a few months ago and family and friends were talking as if this was some sort of big deal. I just keep telling them that I hope I'm maybe 1/3rd done and that I still have a long way to go.

SI

Old 05-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #439
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I need to be coaching little league baseball. Some of these kids have absolutely no clue. What are their dads doing at home? My old man would never have let me played if I looked as terrible as some of these kids do.

A friend and I did little league coaching about 10 years ago when we were in college- 5-7 year olds. It was really fun and rewarding.

SI

Old 06-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #440
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I like strippers and they like (my wallet) me.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #441
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's annoying. Have you shared your feelings with him on this?

*PING ANTMEISTER*
Old 06-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #442
molson
General Manager

Attention FOFC ladies - Al Gore is on the market!
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #443
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post

I was really pleased when I went up to Montreal a couple weeks back and went into a strip club. Spent $100 that night, but discovered that yes, I am still attracted to actual real women and things still work.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #444
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I was really pleased when I went up to Montreal a couple weeks back and went into a strip club. Spent $100 that night, but discovered that yes, I am still attracted to actual real women and things still work.

No better place to get out of a slump than Montreal.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #445
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My daughter does something similar to me when I grew my goatee back. Every time I would kiss her good night on the cheek or have her give me a kiss on the cheek, she would yell "Yucky face". Her mother decided to start doing that too, and now it has just gotten old.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #446
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Ping: Babydolls
Old 06-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #447
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Industrial strip.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #448
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

I'm all over Tipper!
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #449
Ksyrup

If you get to do Tipper, you better have Animal (Fuck Like a Beast) playing in the background.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #450
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

I wish more people felt all "celebrity" news fell into this thread instead of dedicating whole threads to nonsense

SI