Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-06-2018, 07:26 PM   #451
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, time to focus on the World Cup.

We have eight players in the World Cup

Guendouzi joins us Lots of big teams were sniffing his panties, but we were the only one to make an actual offer. So he is coming to Huddersfield. I list LC.

Mooy pushes back on my sale of Darlow:

Until I point out his poor form.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:23 PM   #452
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

ROMANIA

May 31 – Friendly vs Jamaica
June 3 – Friendly vs USA
June 10 – World Cup, Group A – CHILE
June 16 - World Cup, Group A – MEXICO
June 21 – World Cup, Group A – AUSTRALIA

Ready?

I still have not lost a friendly or match as Romania yet.

Romania’s Group draw for Division C this year after the World Cup concludes:

As a reminder, all 4 friendlies are designed to help us win our Group stage and are in the World Cup themselves, Colombia, Jamaica, USA and New Zealand.

ROMANIA FRIENDLY VS JAMAICA – I make no major changes to my squad. Jamaica play a 4-4-2. A 3-5-2 tends to be good against it. Jamaica are matching us well, and turning aside our attacks. One was great as Hagi set up Ivan but he missed goal. 0-0 at the half, as Jamaica have been matching us. Then in the 47th, we begin the scoring on a free kick by Hagi to Chirches, who slides the ball to Balasa for goal.

Nicely done! Can we keep the lead? Can we add to it? Petre with a card. I send in Cobarzon for Ivan. Man for Petre due to his card. Dima heads in. Then Gimenez. Matan and Marin follow. We win 1-0. MOM is Chirches. I would have preferred a bigger win, we finished with 19 shots and 10 on target, but the big news was Radu at GK getting a clean sheet off their 11 and 5. That’s good news for the youther who was forced into starting too soon.

We won Group D! (New Zealand, Colombia and Jamaica are all in Group D)

Old 08-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #453
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

ROMANIA FRIENDLY VS USA – I send in Dima to start at DC for Balasa who’s a little tired. I also start Man for Petre. We’ve been winning possession but that’s it, they have lots of shots, on target, etc. Just before half they gift us on OG. Half. Show me some desire to win this game! USA score in the 49th, and it’s tied. The Lupu feeds Andone for goal in the 57th. I send in Cabarzon, Balasa and Marin. Dima is carded and Tosca heads in for them. Dragus finds Lupu for goal in the 81st. We win 3-1, MOM is Lupu! Great job team!

We come out of our friendlies with a tie and three wins.

Lupu is 7-1 odds at winning best young player at the World Cup, btw.

Everyone says that Chile are the expected favorites, but we are ranked much higher, and without Alexis Sanchez, we are the better team, by far.

For example, you’ve seen Lupu, our best player, recently.

Here’s Dragus today. He’s our 2nd best player behind Lupu and he’s grown very well indeed. Here’s the best Chilean player:

While Rodriguez isn’t bad and if you don’t take him seriously, you’ll be in serious trouble, he just isn’t in the same ballpark as Lupu.

Let’s compare them! You can see how Lupu is the better player by far. They are tied technically, and then Lupu is better everywhere else. You get the idea I’m sure.

My younger players have grown into better talent over the last two years, while other teams haven’t been improving as radically as mine. Another example is Dima, who is getting better and is getting more starts and subs as a result:

Or Hagi two years later who’s now my 3rd best player. You get the idea.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:46 PM   #454
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are going to deep dive into the WC.

Mexico and Australia begin, as the host country always play first. They tie 1-1.

ROMANIA VS CHILE: GROUP A, WORLD CUP

I leave in Man and Dima at starting spots. Man is better quality and Dima had a good game last game and should be rotated in now. It’s raining here in Australia and we this is Chirches’s 100th game for Romania. They have a lot of pressure in the first ten minutes, but we turn it aside We have a lot of pressure in the next ten minutes. They turn it aside. Then a boring ten minutes follows. Then we push hard. Half

Could still be anyone’s game, frankly. GKs are the best ones playing right now.

Chirches gets a yellow early in the 2nd half. I pull Chirches for Balasa and Ivan for Cobarzon.

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Score off a corner. Chile is moving forward and changing to a 3-4-3. I send in Tosca at DMC for Draglecu. I want to get fresh legs in my defense. We hold and win 1-0. MOM is Andone. Clean sheet by GK Radu.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:03 PM   #455
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

(I accept a 15 mill offer for Loftus-Cheek.)

I talk down Schindler. Mounie has gained British citizenship.

Serbia, Albania, and Montenegro have joined the EU.

Australia defeat Chile 2-0.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:30 PM   #456
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

ROMANIA VS MEXICO: GROUP A, WORLD CUP

Ready?

Let’s get this thing started!

Much better weather today. Each of us have a good counter attack opportunity to score in the first 6 minutes.

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dragus drove the flank, crossed very nicely to Ivan, he was in traffic, so he slides the ball to his strike partner for a score. Nicely done!

One goal is nice. Two Is twice as nice, right?

How about thrice as nice?

Or…ummmm…. I don’t know the next word. FOUR TIME AS NOICE BABY!!!! Half. They get a nice working ball shot to sink in the 58th. I send in Marin at MC. They score in the 67th. Two minutes later?

Goal #5. Just in case you thought we might be letting them back into this match. I send in Petre for a tired Dragus and swap sides with Man.

Petre with a World Cup assist to Ivan, that’s his hattrick! I send in Balasa. Radu has played very well. Mexico have the same number of shots and shots on target as we do. 20 and 11 and 20 and 11 in the 83rd, and we are winning on the scoreboard massively. I’m hoping to get Andone a hattrick. We win 6-2. MOM is Ivan.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have qualified out of the Group Stage with a game left. Are we going to win it?

Old 08-06-2018, 10:53 PM   #457
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

ROMANIA VS AUSTRALIA: GROUP A, WORLD CUP

Today we have the hosts of the 2022 WC, Australia.

Hello Mooy!

It’s raining and in the low 50s for today’s game.

I’ll take Fast Scores for 200, Alex! I have not injured anyone, but they make a sub in the 13th minute. Odd. We have some pressure in the next few minutes, but nothing comes. Australia have a counter stopped. We stop a big push by them as they do us. Screciu with a card in the 30s. We have been in control of this game, we just need another shot or two to sink and show it. I don’t want to go into the half down a score and then they make changes and move past us.

Apparently Ivan had the same idea! Half, 2-0 us. Don’t get complacent. I send in Balasa for my carded player. So far, as expected, the 2nd half has been Australia. I have multiple players out there that despite my retain possession, slow tempo, short passing are just passing the ball over others and giving up possession. I sub out Man who is the biggest offender, for Petre. They get a card, pull the guy, and have made their last sub. I pull a tired Lupu for Marin.

And we get another score to help put Australia to bed. Nighty night Australia!

Here let me put some covers on ya. MOM is Andone. Another clean sheet by Radu.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:52 PM   #458
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mexico beat Chile, so they got out with us:

We have Croatia next in a battle of Eastern European powers.

I make an offer to have Cabazon some and join us in Huddersfield after Man City made an offer of 7.5 mill.

In big news a few big name national sides didn’t make it out of the Group Stages. Senegal won their group and Austria came in 2nd with 6 points having beaten Argentina and Saudi Arabia. Argentina just got three points against Saudi Arabia. In Group F, Uruguay was knocked out as USA and France got out. Group H was the Group of Death with Holland, Brazil, England and Egypt. Holland one, and England got out. Brazil and Argentina are both out, as is Uruguay, and that’s big news for South American soccer fans. Germany had two points going into the final match and needed a win against Japan to move past Italy or Ivory Coast at 4 points. If any team is reliable, it’s Germany, right? Nope, 2-2 tie and they are out as well.

First knock out round matches.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #459
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

ROMANIA VS CROATIA, KNOCKOUT ROUND #1

The Battle for Eastern European Supremacy Begins!!!

I make no changes. Why would I? We are on a high right now.

For the first 20 minutes, there is nothing dangerous on the pitch for either side, the game is mostly in the middle. Then they score in the 20th. A few minutes later…

Off a deep FK. Half after more pressure by Croatia. I’m a little disappointed. Get there and win this!!!

Thanks Ivan! I send in Balasa for Screliu. They are getting some cards. They are sending in their strong attackers that they had to bench this game at start due to tired legs. I pulled my tired folks early in the game last time to help keep the momentum of these XI going. And one is injured and I send in Cobarzan.

Instant Result:

I pull a tired Man for Petre. Hagi with a card.

BOOM! We hold and win 4-1. MOM is Lupu.

What about Andone’s injury? It’s a foot injury, and he’ll miss the next game.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:38 PM   #460
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Spain def Mexico 0-0 on pk

Portugal over Colombia 1-1 on PK

Denmark over Belgium 2-1

Austria over France 2-0.

Senegal over USA 4-4 on pks.

Ivory Coast 1-0 over Holland

Italy 2-1 over England

For the QF match, we have Portugal, Spain and Denmark face off, Senegal and Ivory Coast face off which means one African side is guaranteed to make the SF, and then Austria vs Italy.

We sign Cobarzan.

Again, nice to be fully supported by your board, cough Sepsi cough.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:26 PM   #461
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

ROMANIA VS PORTUGAL, WORLD CUP QUARTER FINALS

You might recognize Gomes at GK for Portugal. For today’s match, I begin with Raul starting for Andone. The big match for today is at GK as we all know that Gomes is better than Radu, as they are both on my Huddersfield Town squad. They foul us in the 9th minute in the box. Up steps Ivan and….

Goal! In the first 20 minutes, the game has been ours. We’ve had 60% possession, tons of shots, some on target that Gomes saved. We could easily be 2-0 right now. It’s finally there:

2-0 us. In the 25th, one of their players is gone with injury. It’s was a non contact ligament of some sort. As soon as he heads out:

Another goal.

And another. Remember, Dragus and Lupu are my best two players…

…So it’s only fair that Lupu return the favor. They get a card – half. Keep it up! We turn aside a big Portuguese push for goal. I send in Petre and Gimenez. Portugal have one more shot than us 17 to 18, by the 70th. Balasa for Dima

Here let me show you:

This is the 78 minute mark Same shots, just one fewer shot on target, etc. Is this a team that is getting out played 5-0 on the field? No, this is all Radu. He is playing up to Portugal. He has turned a nail-biter into a blow out. We win 5-0, MOM is Dragus, but I’d go Radu.

This was Radu's coming-out party, to my mind.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:08 PM   #462
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Did you know?

That our Ianas Hagi is son of, arguably, the greatest Romanian player of all time?

Gheorghe Hagi - Wikipedia

Other matches:

Denmark over Spain 2-0.

Italy def Austria 3-1.

Senegal over Ivory Coast 1-0.

Because of Romania’s history in the World Cup, they have made the finals before, after Hagi’s father defeated Argentina to make it, as one example.

That sets up the wrong match. I want Senegal! Denmark! Nope, we get Italy.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #463
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

ROMANIA VS ITALY, WORLD CUP QUARTER SEMI FINALS

Andone is back! I start Balasa for a tired Screciu. This is the first powerhouse we’ve played, only Portugal was the big team of quality. We won a group with Mexico, Australia and Chile. Then we beat Croatia and Portugal, who aren’t slouches, but they aren’t a heavy like Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina, etc. Now we have Italy. And it stands between us and the World Cup finals. Make it past here, and we have Denmark or Senegal to face.

FOR THE FANS!!!

Anytime we get the ball for a shot to move at goal, they are fast, disciplined, and strong and shut us down. Until the 12th minute:

Good job Ivan! Radu stops a couple of nasty shots. Pretty quiet though. Half, we are up 1-0. Don’t get complacent!

We score on a long FK in a few minutes.

And then some more pressure!

But then it happens….

They injure Radu, and I have to pull him. I send in my main backup, Pantillimon. They injure Ivan as well and Raul Cobarzan heads in. In the 69th, Italy scores. Dima out. Tired. In the 81st, they score again. 86th minute they score again

And now it’s tied! Even with an injured GK, Italy have come from three quickly. Can my offense grab another goal here? Just like they have so often? Lupu? It’s time to take this team on your shoulders and become the man of destiny. Become the Romanian Messi. Find that 4th goal. Get us to the Finals. SIX minutes of added time. Lupu, you have a shot! And there it is!

Just for Italy, not us…

We lose 3-4. MOM is Ivan.

Today the destiny is Italy’s, not ours.

This game is going to go down as one of the greatest comebacks in WC History, 3-0 with 65 minutes to go and your enemy GK goes down, you still expect to win.

Radu is out for a few days.

Denmark over Senegal 5-3.

We have a third place match with Senegal and Denmark are fighting Italy for the Cup.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #464
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

ROMANIA VS SENEGAL, WORLD CUP THIRD PLACE MATCH

We make few changes. We don’t need one at GK, I start a tired Radu. Screciu is back for Dima. Petre is on the wing for an exhausted Man. That’s it. This not a match I’ll slow roll barring something epic, I’ll just give you highlights as per usual. Congrats to Senegal for being the most successful African side ever. Super quiet match thus far. 30 minutes roll off. In the 35th minute I have one shot, and they have 9. Senegal is the only team thus far that can stop my Romanian Attack. My first real pressures ends with a Hagi shot turned aside. Half. Show me something else!!! I am trying to find a way to get my pressure to continue. They grab a card. Then they score in the 57th. I injure their ST and he leaves the game. Dima is carded and I send in Balasa. In the 73rd, Petre launches a cross into the box and they foul And one. Here comes Ivan with the PK. Good. I send in Tosca. Now Tiru. They get a card. Then another, both for ongoing fouls. 5 minutes of added time and… End of game. Extra time. In the 96th minute, Andone to Lupu for goal. Another card for Senegal. In the 104th, they hit us back. Half time in extra time. Why can’t I make a 4th sub? In World Cup games you are able to make a 4th sub in ET if you go that long. That happened multiple times in the 2018 one? That’s annoying.

We have 51% possession, 16 shots, 7 on target 13 fouls to their 49, 16, 7, and 9.

Hagi gets a card late.

PKs!

Senegal goes first and… They sink it.

Ivan steps up and sinks it easily.

They sink theirs.

Here comes And one. He and the GK go in the same direction and the same spot, but he powers it past their keeper any way. 2-2.

This is something you would expect would favor Senegal, given our GK situation.

They step forward and…knock it in.

Our 3rd kicker is Hagi, and he is also untroubled by their GK. 3-3.

Senegal step up and sink their goal. Here comes my guy – Petre. Can he do the same?

He’s my Petre! Of course he can!

5th GK

Their 5th PK is lethally hit, but its stopped hard by Radu. Senegal have missed the PK.

Time for Dragus to show the world. He sinks it, we win the shootout 5-4, and we are the 3rd place team!

Great job!

Ready for the Final?

Let’s do it!

Italy wins 2-1 over Denmark:

Old 08-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #465
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

GET READY FOR SOME AWARDS!!!

The era of the Romanian Messi has begun.

Great job Ivan!

DUH!!!

Now, I didn’t see this coming! By the by!

Good job!

Old 08-07-2018, 09:33 PM   #466
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I believe it’s time to call it. This is a natural end to my “Rise of Romania” concept. My national side has grown into a football juggernaut.

Now I do feel like the Huddersfield year was a little too easy. I’ve never done a tactic that heavy in possession before, nor am I the biggest fan of the generic 4-2-3-1, but it worked hard for me. In one year I have wonderkids in 9 (ten with Raul) spots on my stating XI. I mentioned this earlier, but the EPL felt a little too easy. I took a mid-table team to big form and a 3rd place finish in a year. But, again, I feel we are in a good place moving forward.

So I am going to do something a little different as my coda. I have downloaded Genie Scout. Let’s see my Huddersfield squad in official cheater.

As a reminder, a player with a current or potential rating of 200 is perfect. Messi was 196. The best players in the world are in the 180s and 190s. Only a handful make it there. 2 current players are in the 190s - Neymar and Mpappe. 9 are in the 180s currently. A player with that potential may not ever reach it, and thus, many players , such as a Freddy Adu, are not getting there.

Huddersfield current squad:

Now this is very cheater-y, but here you go. You can see their Current and Potential ratings to the far right on this list. What is cool is you can see their potential. You can see how Lupu us my best player, how Viveros grew this year with some starts and how he will get to mega-star status if that continues, the same with D’Amico, Junior, etc You can see how Gomes is already a star, how my new addition of Guendouzi fits in and more. My best potential people include Lupu, Viveros, Biasoli, Osario and Villalba. Check out how much more room Raul Cobarzan has to grow! You can also see the lower levels of the players I inherited – Berghuis, Mooy, Schindler, Mounie, etc all in comparison

How about Sepsi?

Here is Sepsi one year later. Remember that they sold players like Lupu, Senol, Viveros, Christiano, Osario, Eckhardt, Cabazon, etc. Then they bought some folks as well. Boka, Ivan and Maio. You can also see the strong Dumitru there, a youther I should cap soon for Romania as well as others. You can see the potential of Boka and Maio here, both of whom have a lot more to grow if grown right. See also the value of players here like the future of Romanian Farcas at 169.

Romania? Sure!

Great Romanian players by potential? See Coman at Bremen, Voinea, etc.

By current ability:

I guess I was wrong called Dragus the 2nd best Romanian player and Hagi the 3rd best.

Now, just to compare who are the best potential players under, say, 22 in the world right now?

Everyone with a 175 potential or higher:

Names in there you might recognize? Eckhardt, Lupu, D’Amico, Villalba, Viveros, Biasoli at 4 and Christiano at 6.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-08-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:33 PM   #467
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for reading muh dynasty! I hope you enjoyed it!!!

Old 08-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #468
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

What a ride and a neat way to end it. See how they stacked up ratings wise using Genie. Looking forward to your next Dynasty.
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #469
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
What a ride and a neat way to end it. See how they stacked up ratings wise using Genie. Looking forward to your next Dynasty.

Thanks!