Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2007, 08:05 PM   #651
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
What I don't understand then is why is it important to lynch him, since the blade runners reportedly can kill.

Exactly. What good comes from lynching AE if we won't find out if he's human or not? And who would benefit from that loss of information?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #652
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I hope CR hurries up. I'm very curious which direction he's going to go in.

I wish I could say my reasoning was more substantive than it is. But no one really established clearly to me that they are a wolf. I am getting distinct impressions of many people today, but not yet on where it places them on the wolf-villager scale. I think we have had a lot of telling posts, but there hasn't been enough information revealed to nail anyone down on them.

When I can't vote for a wolf, I vote for least likely to help human. And usually bulletsponge flies through our games without contributing much. And on top of that, he even said he was a wolf.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #653
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I already stated what I felt odd.. I think you are one of the smarter players in WW, so I would assume you would know just as I would the results of my action of moving my vote off of Bullet to someone else. You have seemed stronger today in your support of AE than you have in your condemnation of Bullet, so that suprised me. Your response was that you thought you caught me in something that you ended up just misreading.

I'm not sure where else this conversation has to go. I still found that odd for the reason I stated.
Ok so is there any more for us to talk about? We both felt AE was good and it seems like a plurality of our fellow players agreed.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #654
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Deckard can kill.

I'm not so sure about Holden.

Doesn't sound like Holden can. Also says nothing about the blade runners being able to communicate.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #655
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Deckard can kill.

I'm not so sure about Holden.

I get the impression that Holden can kill as well, but he's not a sure thing like Deckard.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #656
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Day 2 Vote Count

bulletsponge 6 - Barkeep49, Telle, st.cronin, AlanT, Jonathan Ezarik, Chief Rum
ardent enthusiast 5 - KWhit, LoneStarGirl, Swaggs, bulletsponge, path12
KWhit 2 - twothree, ardent enthusiast
Alan T 1 - Lathum
RendeR 1 - ntndeacon

Did not vote: RendeR

Results post coming up.

Last edited by tanglewood : 07-18-2007 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Chief Rum was pasted onto the wrong row by accident, doh!
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #657
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I wish I could say my reasoning was more substantive than it is. But no one really established clearly to me that they are a wolf. I am getting distinct impressions of many people today, but not yet on where it places them on the wolf-villager scale. I think we have had a lot of telling posts, but there hasn't been enough information revealed to nail anyone down on them.

When I can't vote for a wolf, I vote for least likely to help human. And usually bulletsponge flies through our games without contributing much. And on top of that, he even said he was a wolf.

This was exactly my thinking in voting for bullet.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #658
Swaggs
Coordinator

That looks not right, tangle.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #659
Swaggs
Coordinator

Chief Rum voted for Bulletsponge, not AE.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #660
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
Day 2 Vote Count

ardent enthusiast 6 - KWhit, LoneStarGirl, Swaggs, bulletsponge, path12, Chief Rum
bulletsponge 5 - Barkeep49, Telle, st.cronin, AlanT, Jonathan Ezarik
KWhit 2 - twothree, ardent enthusiast
Alan T 1 - Lathum
RendeR 1 - ntndeacon

Did not vote: RendeR

Results post coming up.

Chief voted for Bullet, not ardent. THat might make a difference
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #661
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am fairly shocked that so many folks are voting against bulletsponge rather than AE or me.

Actually, it's the presence of both of you that keeps me from lynching either of you without something more definitive. I would rather not get into a guessing game with a 50-50 chance, and would instead hope it becomes more obvious as we go along. Neither you nor AE will remain out of my suspicions, though, either, without something new coming to light.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #662
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Another day of debat passes, yet this time the result is more clear. It is bulletsponge who must be exiled to Mars to toil for the rest of his life. As you bid him adieu, you hope the same fate will not befell yourself.

Night 2 actions deadline is 10am EST

Last edited by tanglewood : 07-18-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #663
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tangle, can you clarify if some game mechanic made Ardent the lynch choice, or was it just a mistake on your part?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #664
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Well, it's a good thing this game is no-reveal on lynch.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #665
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Tangle, can you clarify if some game mechanic made Ardent the lynch choice, or was it just a mistake on your part?

Merely a burecratic error. You try and keep a correct vote tally reading through 7 pages of posts at two in the morning....
Old 07-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #666
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
Merely a burecratic error. You try and keep a correct vote tally reading through 7 pages of posts at two in the morning....

Fair enough just making sure!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #667
Swaggs
Coordinator

Anyone else notice this post and think that maybe DT was either Tyrell or Sebastian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
fyi that's 3 games in a row i'm dead D1.

Although in this case I think it might have been a good thing. Don't want to say anymore since I'm just a ghost. Good luck villagers!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #668
st.cronin
General Manager

Assumption:

Either Swaggs or AE is a potential convert.

The problem for the wolves, is, how does this mechanic work, and how do they guess? If Swaggs or AE ends up dead tomorrow, the village can guess that the other is the potential convert, and lynch him.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #669
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Anyone else notice this post and think that maybe DT was either Tyrell or Sebastian?

I assume he is.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #670
st.cronin
General Manager

dola, or rather WAS.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 08:19 PM   #671
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Assumption:

Either Swaggs or AE is a potential convert.

The problem for the wolves, is, how does this mechanic work, and how do they guess? If Swaggs or AE ends up dead tomorrow, the village can guess that the other is the potential convert, and lynch him.

I'm not sure a conversion makes sense in this game, otherwise I would agree with you. I guess I can't see how you can be a human and then become an android, although I guess it can't be discounted.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #672
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I assumed people who didn't vote got punished? Guess that isn't the case?

And does nothing happen to somebody who copies and pastes their pm from the game host and changes a few words around?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #673
Swaggs
Coordinator

I find it pretty suspicious that Barkeep and Chief Rum didn't vote for AE or me.

These two guys are pretty systematic usually. I think it makes pretty decent sense that either AE or I are a replicant of the other, so it seems like we had a shot at nailing a replicant either today or tomorrow, but they both went for bulletsponge.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:23 PM   #674
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I brought this up earlier when Lathum and Barkeep didn't agree with me on that possibility.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:25 PM   #675
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I brought this up earlier when Lathum and Barkeep didn't agree with me on that possibility.

This is a strange game for me.

It seems like there are a lot of folks that are writing off probabilities and holding out for certainties, and I'm not sure we are going to get many certainties in this game.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:26 PM   #676
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I find it pretty suspicious that Barkeep and Chief Rum didn't vote for AE or me.

These two guys are pretty systematic usually. I think it makes pretty decent sense that either AE or I are a replicant of the other, so it seems like we had a shot at nailing a replicant either today or tomorrow, but they both went for bulletsponge.
Swaggs: I simply felt bullet was more likely, though I did start to waver at the end. If we both live through the night then I've likely got a vote ready for you tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #677
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think I was more trying to ignore something I felt shouldn't be in the game (the dead introducing new information) more than anything.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #678
st.cronin
General Manager

I am planning on voting RendeR tomorrow. Unless somebody comes forward and tells me that bulletsponge was a human.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #679
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I think it's very possible that DT was either Tyrell or Sebastian, at least according to his parting words. Of course, he could have been a replicant just trying to throw us for a loop.

So, if DT was Tyrell/Sebastian, what does this do to that victory path for the replicants? Is it voided now and they have to go for the 1:1 to win?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #680
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs: I simply felt bullet was more likely, though I did start to waver at the end. If we both live through the night then I've likely got a vote ready for you tomorrow.

That's fine, although a day late.

I suspect I'll have a better defense after tonight, though.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:33 PM   #681
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I think I was more trying to ignore something I felt shouldn't be in the game (the dead introducing new information) more than anything.

Agreed.

There have been some slip ups this game (w/ DT's post mortem post and AE's PM), but once they are out there, they are out there and cannot be ignored.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #682
st.cronin
General Manager

Here's my guess: Either AE or Swaggs is a potential convert. I'm planning to leave them alone for now. If a blade runner wants to kill them, or if the bad guys want to go after them, so be it.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #683
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I respect that. Both DT and Ardent's case, its information that shouldnt likely even be in the game. Unfortunatly once the bell has been rung, you can't unring it. Hard to pretend something never was said. Im hoping in both cases it doesn't impact the game a ton.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 PM   #684
st.cronin
General Manager

We already knew, pretty much, that ardent and Swaggs had the same pm. What the details of it were I don't think are really important.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 PM   #685
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think your idea on DT's possible identity is one to consider, although I'm not sure what good it does at this point.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #686
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Wait, if Swaggs is a replicant with AE's memory, doesn't that make AE either Tyrell or Sebastian? And wouldn't Swaggs (and the rest of the replicants) know that? Why would Swaggs work to have AE exiled if he's needed for victory?

I don't follow this statement. Wouldn't the game be pretty easy for the replicants if they knew Tyrell and Sebastians identities.

Also if you even remotly think AE is one of them why would you point that out and put a target on his back?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #687
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola- I just got home and read through the thread. I know barkeep put his two cents in but the way Ardent is acting reminds me of the survivor game. I realize Ardent plays with alot of emotion but exchanges like that drove alot of players away from the game to the point of us having a long drought because we couldn't get sign ups.

I would hate to see Swaggs quit because of this and I would hate Telle, twothree and other newer players or those who haven't played in a while to not return.

This is directed at everyone. If you guys like playing keep the name calling and immaturities out of it otherwise don't play because it can ruin it for everyone else and if we drive enough people away were screwed.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:26 PM   #688
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't follow this statement. Wouldn't the game be pretty easy for the replicants if they knew Tyrell and Sebastians identities.

Also if you even remotly think AE is one of them why would you point that out and put a target on his back?

How am I putting a target on his back? The same guy that almost got lynched today? Besides, if the replicants know he's Tyrell/Sebastian, how am I hurting him?

Basically, I'm just trying to figure the AE/Swaggs thing out. If one of them is a replicant, doesn't it make sense that the other works for Tyrell Corp.? I'm sure the replicants don't know who Tyrell and Sebastian are (or else this game will be over quick), but perhaps AE tipped his hand (or caused Swaggs to tip his?) by coming out and talking about his dream right off the bat.

Now if neither is a replicant, what the hell does the shared dream mean?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #689
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
How am I putting a target on his back? The same guy that almost got lynched today? Besides, if the replicants know he's Tyrell/Sebastian, how am I hurting him?

Basically, I'm just trying to figure the AE/Swaggs thing out. If one of them is a replicant, doesn't it make sense that the other works for Tyrell Corp.? I'm sure the replicants don't know who Tyrell and Sebastian are (or else this game will be over quick), but perhaps AE tipped his hand (or caused Swaggs to tip his?) by coming out and talking about his dream right off the bat.

Now if neither is a replicant, what the hell does the shared dream mean?

Here's the problem with this theory: Let's say ardent is Tyrell/Sebastian, and Swaggs is a replicant. Ardent comes out with his dream first. Why would Swaggs say anything, knowing it might get ardent lynched?

Or, vice versa. Swaggs is Tyrell/Sebastian, ardent is a replicant. Again, why would Swaggs say anything, knowing it would call attention to himself?

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 09:37 PM   #690
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Here's the problem with this theory: Let's say ardent is Tyrell/Sebastian, and Swaggs is a replicant. Ardent comes out with his dream first. Why would Swaggs say anything, knowing it might get ardent lynched?

That's where lack of knowledge of how the Tyrell/Sebastian victory condition works gets me. Do the replicants need both Tyrell and Sebastian, or what?

Quote:
Or, vice versa. Swaggs is Tyrell/Sebastian, ardent is a replicant. Again, why would Swaggs say anything, knowing it would call attention to himself?

Suppose Swaggs is Tyrell or Sebastian. He's a human so he wants the humans to win, right? If he knows that AE is a replicant, why not sacrifice yourself in exchange for a replicant, especially if you are a key to a victory condition? That way you hurt the replicants twice.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 PM   #691
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

You don't think by suggesting AE could be Tyrell/ Sebastion that doesn't put a target on his back?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 PM   #692
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
That's where lack of knowledge of how the Tyrell/Sebastian victory condition works gets me. Do the replicants need both Tyrell and Sebastian, or what?

Suppose Swaggs is Tyrell or Sebastian. He's a human so he wants the humans to win, right? If he knows that AE is a replicant, why not sacrifice yourself in exchange for a replicant, especially if you are a key to a victory condition? That way you hurt the replicants twice.

If that's the case, he should just tell us. We'll lynch him, then ae the next day.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #693
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
You don't think by suggesting AE could be Tyrell/ Sebastion that doesn't put a target on his back?

No I don't. I think he already has a pretty large target on him. Besides, I'm not saying he is Tyrell/Sebastian, just that if Swaggs is a replicant with similar memories/dreams to AE, it stands to reason that AE is linked to Tyrell Corp. But that's only if Swaggs is a replicant.

Of course, if my theory is correct then the replicants already know all this, so it's not like I'm giving them anything new. And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I doubt the replicants will start going after AE because I'm barking up the wrong tree.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #694
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If that's the case, he should just tell us. We'll lynch him, then ae the next day.

I would rather one of them die tonight, so we at least get some kind of information.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:06 PM   #695
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I would rather one of them die tonight, so we at least get some kind of information.

Well, I still think the most likely explanation is that one of them is a possible convert.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #696
RendeR
Coordinator

My sincere apologies tangle, between kids this afternoon and tennis this evening I missed my vote tonight. I should have put one in earlier and let it ride. My vote would not have mattered as I would NOT have voted for AE at this time, I just don't have enough faith that he is a replicant yet.

And a side note: *I* wrote an entire post about the possibility that DT was one of the big whigs, but it seems no-one noticed.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:00 PM   #697
twothree
College Prospect

I am back from work. Time to read the posts from today.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:09 PM   #698
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You mean I LIVED? Will wonders never cease.

As for the PM, I think I read there are questions of me quoting it. I definitely changed words, so it wasn't a direct quote.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #699
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I think tanglewood definitely would have hit me up for it if I had.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:11 PM   #700
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nevermind, it looks like tangle considered it that way. I don't see what the big deal is, I've done that in the past.

Anyhow, I got a chuckle on my way to the games...I passed tanglewood road.