Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #601
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't believe we are going to find a wolf by poring over daytime actions. My feeling is that the wolves are only wolves at night - during the day, they will blend in. Its what happens at NIGHT that could give us clues.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #602
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll take another tack at the same problem, Cronin. I do believe we'll find a wolf through daytime actions, but we don't understand what triggers the change to that team so it is like we are trying to read a foreign language at this point.

At some later point in the game, maybe we'll have figured out what is involved in determining your "wolf fate". But to do that, we'll need good daytime information. So I want the info, and I want to try and process it, but I agree with your notion that right now we are unlikely to find a wolf through daytime actions.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #603
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, with the lack of a Night 1 kill, coupled with no disclosures of bodyguard blocks or anything along those lines, I'm at least considering the idea that no one has gone wolf quite yet.

The premise of the game, as I understand it, is that we get to determine our own fate through our decisions. I think it is very possible that no one has put together a sequence of actions at this point that pull them to the wolf team.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #604
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I can think of roles either way that Taz's acting would suggest, so I can't really draw conclusions from that alone. I have to fall back on his voting record, which is not strong.

This seems so weird to me, who has a strong voting record at this point? Isn't everybody's voting record basically the same?

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #605
KWhit
Coordinator

I don't see a whole lot yet that makes me suspicious of anyone. So I'm just going to vote for someone who hasn't been active in the game. I know she has real life stuff going on that is keeping her from posting, but I feel like I'm voting pretty blindly at this point, so I might as well vote for someone who's not being active.

Vote oliegirl.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #606
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I guess I'm in the same boat as KWhit, in that I'm voting pretty blindly. Does anyone have a vote count? I probably have to vote in the next hour or so, and don't want to make it a throwaway.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #607
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I don't believe we are going to find a wolf by poring over daytime actions. My feeling is that the wolves are only wolves at night - during the day, they will blend in. Its what happens at NIGHT that could give us clues.

how would this work out?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #608
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, with the lack of a Night 1 kill, coupled with no disclosures of bodyguard blocks or anything along those lines, I'm at least considering the idea that no one has gone wolf quite yet.

The premise of the game, as I understand it, is that we get to determine our own fate through our decisions. I think it is very possible that no one has put together a sequence of actions at this point that pull them to the wolf team.

I think this is plausible.

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #609
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

do we need to send in PMs as to where we are going? or is this just a boat day. maybe I shoudl just reread

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #610
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
how would this work out?

I'll use myself as an example. Day 1 I was at a party, along with Lathum and Swaggs. I was given options based on this choice, which led to a certain result at night. What I am saying is that, if Lathum or Swaggs are a wolf, I may have discovered this at night (or I may have received a clue about somebody else not at the party, or something else may have happened). My point is simply that knowing what somebody did during the DAY is of zero value at this point.

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #611
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
do we need to send in PMs as to where we are going?

Yes.

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #612
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I like him again today.

Vote Sonic Youth

Sorry your in Austrailia amigo, but it happens.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #613
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'll use myself as an example. Day 1 I was at a party, along with Lathum and Swaggs. I was given options based on this choice, which led to a certain result at night. What I am saying is that, if Lathum or Swaggs are a wolf, I may have discovered this at night (or I may have received a clue about somebody else not at the party, or something else may have happened). My point is simply that knowing what somebody did during the DAY is of zero value at this point.

Agreed, especially as I believe it would be a bit too obvious for us to backtrack if an entire group at the beach or the ruins or wherever became wolves. It has to come down to those choices. Which is why I'm currently willing to give those that have discussed their choices some the benefit of the doubt over people that have not.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #614
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
The captain welcomes all back to the ship and informs you all that you should look to performing the same duty as the previous day and inform him of any suspcious types that may be aboard this ship. You should do so by voting in this thread. Also, your stay in Cozumel has ended, and it is time to journey to your next location of George Town, Grand Caymans. If anyone has enough of a compelling arguement for the captain to kick someone off of the boat, he will do so once you reach your location.

In addition, you should start thinking about what activities that you would like to undertake once you reach the next location. You have the following choices on a pamphlet given to you:

Grand Cayman is one of a group of three magnificent tropical islands Christopher Columbus called "Las Tortugas" (the turtles) for the sea creatures he found in the ocean water. The designation did not endure, however, for on later maps the islands were labeled the Caimanau, the Carib Indian word for "crocodile." The name "Caimanas" refers inaccurately to the iguanas native to the islands, which were perhaps at one point mistaken for crocodiles. Among other attractions, visitors to the island will enjoy learning about the turtles, visiting the town of Hell, exploring Seven-Mile Beach and enjoying the undersea world.

- Snorkle with stingrays at Stingray City Sandbar
- Stop at the Conch Shell House, constructed entirely of the trumpet shells of the mollusk
- Visit the Tutle Farm, an interactive sea-turtle nursery where green and hawksbill turtles are bred and raised.
- Paddle along Grand Cayman's world-renowned Seven-Mile Beach on a kayaking adventure
- Experience a bird's-eye perspective of Grand Cayman on an exciting flightseeing tour.
- Explore a historic shipwreck while snorkeling the beautiful Cayman waters.
- Go shopping in George Town and see why Grand Cayman is humorously referred to as "Brand Cayman" by those savvy shoppers who know the island's reputation for fabulous prices on designer merchandise.

Event turn 1 has ended, and you are now in Voting phase of Turn 2. The deadline for this phase is 3pm EST tommorrow. Today you have a vote to make in thread as well as a PM to send to me for your next excursion.

Also, I have had a few pms asking about revealing information provided in PMs. If you are going to die or be incapacitated, you will be told so in your PM. If you receive information, then you are not dead and can reveal it when you feel appropriate. However some PM information could likely seem odd if revealed before the actual turn is ended, depending on what else occurs.

quoted for claphamsa's benefit

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #615
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

hmmm, interesting!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #616
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks croonin, I had just found it

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #617
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Moreso, was he not able to communicate because he was not back? It /seems/ innoculous, but it seems suspcious as well...and it still doesn't clear claphamsa.

Mr Qwik, I think it's absolutely a fair point to wonder about my not being able to get back on board the ship night 1 -- I actually expected more of this reaction than I've received.

I just want to clear up though that the reason I was not able to communicate was because I was not on the ship at that time. I believe that makes it rather hard to hear me.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #618
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
My opinion is that path got stranded because of either something he (a villager at the time) chose, or something that some other player (also a villager) chose. Either way, its not nefarious. This is just a guess, though, and it could be that something else happened.

I had no choices to make, I just was told that I fell asleep and when I woke up it was night. I ran to the boat, but it was already locked down, so I found a park bench to spend the night on. Nothing else happened that I'm aware of except that I apparently smelled pretty funky in the AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #619
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Sorry, got distracted with work.

This is where I have everybody for Turn 1 (2nd excursion):

Raiders Army-beach—post 413
The Jackal-snorkeling, saw clap and pass—post 414
Pass-snorkeling, backs up Jackal—post 416
jeheinz72-ruins—post 418
path-came back to boat—post 419
mccollins-swimming with dolphins—post 423
Barkeep-beach—post 426
PurdueBrad-beach—post 430
Sonic Youth-shopping, did not see Anxiety—post 434
claphamsa-confirms Jackal, but says beach—post 444
Lathum-stayed on boat—post 445
nfg22—shopped, found out that Taz had to rhyme—post 459
hoopsguy-shopped, looked at pottery—post 484
Swaggs-Fiesta Boat Party
Anxiety-Shopping (fortune teller), clap is okay—posts 415 and 527
claphamsa-diving for gold—post 528
oliegirl-shopping, incomplete item—post 539
Qwikshot-marine park—post 564
KWhit—safari, saw ntndeacon and CR—post 571

A few things here:

1. clap confirms Jackal’s story, but says they were at the beach (post 444). Jackal says they went snorkeling and weren’t at the beach (post 463). clap says that “Ive never been snorking off a boat before I assumed it was the beach and missed the boat part. opps.” (post 465)

2. Here are the people who haven't said where they were (unless I missed somthing):

St.Cronin
ntndeacon
Chief Rum
TazFTW

CR and ntn were seen by KWhit.

3. Sonic Youth went shopping, but didn't elaborate.

I'm sorry that SY is in Australia, and I hate to do this, but at this point he's the best option IMHO.

UNVOTE HOOPS
VOTE SONIC YOUTH

I also confirmed that I saw taz as well

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #620
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

This is an interesting point I hadn't considered. Possible.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #621
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

BTW, what did happen with you? Did you take the drugs?
Old 04-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #622
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm a little disappointed to have multiple votes at this point. Since there are two points people are using to justify votes I'll try to rebut each of them.

1.) Didn't choose option for "Fortune Teller" when presented the opportunity.
If there are questions about the fortune teller, which occurred on Night 0, then are the people positioning it assuming that I was a Wolf at this point? Obviously we all started as villagers, so are people assuming that I was somehow moved to the Wolf Team before getting to submit my action order? That the selection of "Shopping" somehow made me get converted? This seems like a really, really weak argument from where I sit.

You don't have to like my reasoning for not going Fortune Teller, but it seems like quite a leap to assume that I'm a wolf because of it.

2.) Cast vote creating a tie on Day 1.
As far as the vote goes, I spelled out my reasons for not liking a vote on Clap when I voted for Sonic Youth. Were they good reasons? Hmm, probably as good as any on Day 1. But now that Clap has been shown as a villager by Anxiety I at least feel better about my instincts on which way to go on that vote. I'm much more satisfied being involved with creating a tie than casting a deciding vote on a villager.

Again, if I was a wolf while casting this vote why would I want to avoid having villager thrown off the boat? I had already suggested earlier that I was unlikely to vote. Yet I did end up voting, in a manner that saved a "villager" from being lynched. What incentive would a wolf have to do this and generate attention as a result?

Everyone has to make choices on who to vote for each day. I understand getting votes from time to time. But I don't really understand either of the two arguments that are being used to suggest I'm the best candidate for today.

I agree that #1 is a poor reason to vote for you. However., I've been seeing some traditional wolf play out of you and jeheinz.

It's an accepted tactic to play with votes late, and then say "It's too obvious, I wouldn;t do it if I were a wolf." It's an accepted tactic to defend a villager early, and then when they turn up good, say, "I was right all along, see!" It an accepted tactic to vote late, with a vote that's good for the village, by a minute or two, to recruit good feelings towards you without doing anything.

So it tings my wolfdar.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #623
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I get that path. I knew I was sticking my neck out there, but it didn't sit right (the tie) with me.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #624
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, unless I missed you posting it, in addition to the fortune teller, what other options did you have?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #625
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Again, this tings my wolfdar. So let's no vote for anybody! That's exactly the sort of post I'd toss up there while a wolf.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #626
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
BTW, what did happen with you? Did you take the drugs?

I did not take the drugs, nor did I have more than 1 drink. I hung out with some hotties, then hit the hay. Nothing of interest at all to report.

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #627
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think another late move on the Australian in BACK TO BACK DAYS is poor form. I also think there is enough on hoops to warrant further inquiry. I know some people are moving off him, but for me, that's where my vote is going today. Do I have a slam dunk case? Of course not, I just have a couple of ways he's looked suspicious. But on Day Two, I'll take that.

vote hoopsguy

Old 04-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #628
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Hi guys! I'm finally caught up...stupid people calling and actually expecting me to do work during ww time...sheesh!

NFG, if your incomplete item is like mine, it's very obvious what the missing piece is. Would you be willing to pass it to me to see if we can work together to make it complete? It might help establish a COT between us, I don't see a situation where a wolf would be given this item...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #629
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

I believe the premise is that nothing is random, which is slightly different than how I think you've been thinking about the game.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #630
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I said I was with Lathum, who said that was correct. Why is this a mystery?

Day 2 I didn't leave the boat, didn't get a pm in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Raiders, I believe that Chief said he went back on the safari again but it was closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I also confirmed that I saw taz as well

I said I may have missed some stuff. I went quickly over the past day or so and then I was interrupted with work.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #631
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
This is an interesting point I hadn't considered. Possible.

OOC: I think there is a time limit victory as well...I mean this trip only goes so long. So I'm wondering if the wolves already know each other...any non vote to me is a delaying tactic to either a)allow for the wolves to find each other b) allow the wolves to work unobstructed on their goals c) have a larger group to keep finger pointing at maximum. I don't think in this instance the main goal for the wolves would be to kill everyone non-wolf, more so that they probably need to find something perhaps at each port...I would say non-votes would be bad and viewed with suspicion...that said, I won't revert yet to voting for path though it seems no one is concerned by this issue...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #632
The Jackal
Coordinator

Methinks Sonic's story up to this point has been a little sketchy. Donno if that's gonna mean he's a wolf, but I feel like most people under the gun right now are innocent.

Vote Sonic Youth
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #633
mccollins
College Prospect

hoops, I've looked back but I still can't find it - did you mention where you went for your Day 2 excursion?
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #634
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I did not take the drugs, nor did I have more than 1 drink. I hung out with some hotties, then hit the hay. Nothing of interest at all to report.

why would you pay a substancial amount of money for them then not take them?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #635
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote PAth

I dunno, without much to go on I can see a mechanic where he was converted last night. I mean c'mon, a guy asleep on a bench in a foreign country is a pretty juicy target.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #636
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
At this point I'm leaning toward placing my vote on one of the following people...Path, Sonic Youth, Hoopsguy.

Path's story that nothing happened seems a little vague. What was he doing that made him fall asleep? Did he eat/drink/take anything prior to falling asleep? I feel he's not giving ALL the information on that one.

I'm in the same place as yesterday as far as SY goes. I think he was witholding information from us with no real reason to do so.

Hoops is a great player, I've seen him a great wolf as well as a great villager. It's too early in the game to have a good read on which he is right now, but his vote yesterday is a bit wolfy, I'm just not sure if it's wolfy enough to vote him off at this point and risk losing a really valuable villager.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #637
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I also did not buy the drugs, despite hinting at it.

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #638
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
OOC: I think there is a time limit victory as well...I mean this trip only goes so long. So I'm wondering if the wolves already know each other...any non vote to me is a delaying tactic to either a)allow for the wolves to find each other b) allow the wolves to work unobstructed on their goals c) have a larger group to keep finger pointing at maximum. I don't think in this instance the main goal for the wolves would be to kill everyone non-wolf, more so that they probably need to find something perhaps at each port...I would say non-votes would be bad and viewed with suspicion...that said, I won't revert yet to voting for path though it seems no one is concerned by this issue...

I was already a tad suspicious about the timing of ntndeacon and jeheinz72's votes right around the deadline, but if this theory is true it would make me even more suspicious.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #639
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

OOC: Furthermore, if the wolves have to find something I would look at the schedule two days in Mexico, 1 day grand bahamas, 2 days jamaica, 1 day haiti...why two days...the wolves perhaps had to branch out to find something on day one (perhaps staying the evening off board - sorry path) to find something and return to the ship, maybe a clue, the one nighters are to go and find whatever may have been clue driven...

Again this is all speculation...but mexico had fewer choices than grand cayman, easier to spread out and look...grand cayman seems to have a variety of options, if jamaica is smaller in option, then it's probably a search to find something for the wolves...

Again I speculate...again it's why I'm suspicious of path
Old 04-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #640
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
any non vote to me is a delaying tactic to either a)allow for the wolves to find each other b) allow the wolves to work unobstructed on their goals c) have a larger group to keep finger pointing at maximum.

Either one of us is confused about the rules, or I don't understand your point. Its my understanding that "no lynch", either as an actual vote or as a non-vote, does not actually carry any weight in terms of results. The reason we had a no lynch was because the vote was TIED, not because people voted no-lynch. I think if everybody didn't vote, and you voted for me, that I would get lynched.

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #641
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I would agree with Cronin. He is one of the people I saw and I am assuming we got the same choices. I'm no junkie but I like to drink alot

Quote:
I've been known to experiment.

Quote:

Quote:
I also did not buy the drugs, despite hinting at it.

seems like Cronin is backtracking here.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #642
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Path's story that nothing happened seems a little vague. What was he doing that made him fall asleep? Did he eat/drink/take anything prior to falling asleep? I feel he's not giving ALL the information on that one.

I didn't eat/drink/take anything. I had no options. I went to the beach to relax in the sun and fell asleep. I understand thinking I'm not giving all my info, but really, that's all I got.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #643
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Either one of us is confused about the rules, or I don't understand your point. Its my understanding that "no lynch", either as an actual vote or as a non-vote, does not actually carry any weight in terms of results. The reason we had a no lynch was because the vote was TIED, not because people voted no-lynch. I think if everybody didn't vote, and you voted for me, that I would get lynched.

OOC: There was a question and argument concerning non voting...the run at the end to tie was another issue. Regardless, anything that delays determining wolves from passengers to me is a bad thing, I believe the wolves have objectives to a: find something within a specific timeframe b: kill a specific set of passengers c: both before the trip ends...the questions to ask:

what happens when the cruise ends?
why hasn't anyone died yet?
why weren't there more people that stayed overnight?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 04-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #644
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

ooc:

the number of options is the same...so I apologize, Grand Caymen just seemed to have more options when I read.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #645
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
seems like Cronin is backtracking here.

I purposely hinted at doing something I wasn't planning on doing, on the off chance that either you or Swaggs was a wolf, and the options had some meaning that I couldn't decipher.

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #646
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VOTE PURDUEBRAD

Just going off a hunch. It seems like people have been following his votes, then he's unvoted. Just a little weird to me.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #647
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I purposely hinted at doing something I wasn't planning on doing, on the off chance that either you or Swaggs was a wolf, and the options had some meaning that I couldn't decipher.

Or the drugs made you a wolf and now you want to disassociate yourself from them

Old 04-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #648
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Or the drugs made you a wolf and now you want to disassociate yourself from them

*shrug*

Vote for me if you find it suspicious.

knives out
Old 04-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #649
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
VOTE PURDUEBRAD

Just going off a hunch. It seems like people have been following his votes, then he's unvoted. Just a little weird to me.

I've got to say, I don't know the common practice around here, but I don't like the vote - unvote - vote - unvote - vote way of landing on a target that PurdueBrad has followed yesterday and today.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #650
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
hoops, I've looked back but I still can't find it - did you mention where you went for your Day 2 excursion?

Day 1 - shopping, selected the Pottery option
Day 2 - didn't submit an order, on account of being dumb (can quote the post if you need it) about game structure