Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Black Friday 2010 Deals

Thought I'd start up a thread. Amazon just put their Black Friday deals up. I picked up five 32" TV's for my business at $250 each. Nice way to take care of that for cheap. Looks like Target has their deals up as well.

Black Friday Deals at Amazon.com

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
PilotMan
Head Coach

Black Friday Ads for Black Friday 2010 and Black Friday Deals!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

The Best Buy deals just aren't very good this year at all. Nothing I'd consider even staying up late to purchase from home. The cheap computers are pretty weak offerings.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
miked
College Starter

Don't see much of anything I want on Amazon.

Looking for a Netbook for my wife, Best Buy will have a decent Compaq for $150 on BF, but not sure what time I can get down there on Friday. I usually hate BF, but there are some good deals this year because sales have been shitty. If I can get a decent Netbook running Windows7 for under $200, I'm game.

Also will be looking for a Blu-Ray player that does Wi-Fi so I can stream from Netflix. The only thing I keep reading is that you have to buy a separate adapter for most of them that can run another $50-100 or so. If I can walk away with deals on those, I'll be happy.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
miked
College Starter

Compaq netbook

I'm not sure how great it is, but my wife travels for a living and wants to Skype in to see the little one, do some work (her work has some software that doesn't run on an iPhone/iPad) and surf the net.

Hmm..that's not the one being advertised as that has XP and the sale one has Win7. But the 3-cell battery now has me getting second thoughts.

Last edited by miked : 11-24-2010 at 12:15 PM.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah - if I could get a decent netbook for sub-$200 for work that'd be sweet
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #7
molson
General Manager

I've looking around for some kind of PS3 bundle but finding nothing. Walmart's regular bundle deal seems to be the best one.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #8
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I bought a sharp blu ray player, but getting connected to netflix by bridging routers is beyond the scope of my knowledge. Before I spend more money on a network wireless bridge, I'm just going to buy an Apple TV for that room.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #9
Easy Mac

Most modern routers should be able to act as a wireless bridge/access point fairly easily. What model is it?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #10
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm not at home atm, but I'll check when i get home in a few days.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

FYI, people were spotting sitting at Best Buy before 7pm today. 30+ hours before Black Friday. Should I mention I live in MI, there is a high for tomorrow of 36 and tomorrow night it's suppose to get to 22. I felt like going out there on my lunch break to give them all straight jackets. You know, for the warmth.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #12
MJ4H
Coordinator

We've had tents in front of our best buy all week.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #13
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
FYI, people were spotting sitting at Best Buy before 7pm today. 30+ hours before Black Friday. Should I mention I live in MI, there is a high for tomorrow of 36 and tomorrow night it's suppose to get to 22. I felt like going out there on my lunch break to give them all straight jackets. You know, for the warmth.

Where in MI do you live? We're headed up to Grand Rapids tomorrow morning.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
Izulde
Head Coach

Just from the brief skimming, Black Friday deals look very blah this year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #15
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Just from the brief skimming, Black Friday deals look very blah this year.

My wife did some research, and discovered that while the prices of clothing drop considerably for the Christmas season, toy prices go up quite a bit. What a racket...
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post

What baffles me about that is that I thought that when I looked at the Best Buys black Friday ads they weren't anything to be crazy about.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:43 AM   #17
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Best Buy Black Friday sales are online now with no shipping.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:55 AM   #18
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

lol, so who's going to bring a smartphone to the poeple waiting in line at BB and show them how it's done?
Old 11-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #19
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Where in MI do you live? We're headed up to Grand Rapids tomorrow morning.

Okemos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
What baffles me about that is that I thought that when I looked at the Best Buys black Friday ads they weren't anything to be crazy about.

Since I work next to them, we talked about that at work.

Quote:

And I was thinking this would happen like so many companies did last year so it's really head scratching for these people to be there. I swear they need psychological help.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #20
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

The one package deal(TV/Wii) from Best Buy doesn't look to be online, but everything else seems to be there.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:00 AM   #21
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think over the past couple years, it shifted from massive loss leaders to selling things at or near cost/getting spec'd stuff made by manufacturers to offset credits.

Hence why we don't see awesome deals anymore.

Last edited by stevew : 11-25-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #22
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:

Yup - I just bought two of these from home with free delivery

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...&skuId=9790851
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #23
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Not a Black Friday ad (actually on sale now), but here's the best I could find via deals.woot.com

Quote:
Overstock.com has the Nook 3G + WiFi for $99 today, and you can take another 15% off with a coupon code. You'll need to buy the cheapest item you can find to get the total over $100 so the coupon will activate. I picked one up for $86.20 with free shipping this morning. That's only $6.21 more than yesterday's WiFi-only model on eBay, so still a really good deal.

Go to Overstock.com and search for 13188373 (the Nook) and 12972665 (for a $1.21 screen protector to kick the order over $100). Go to checkout, and enter coupon code 149418 (don't forget to check the Apply box next to the coupon box). It should now show your total at $86.20 out the door, unless you have sales tax issues.

My daughter will be very happy this Christmas.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #24
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Looks like a great deal may be coming in a few hours on Buy.com. 42" 1080p TV for $298.

The best Black Friday 2010 HDTV deal yet: $298 Panasonic 42-inch 1080p plasma at Buy.com | ZDNet
Old 11-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #26
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Any idea when the buy.com deals start?

I've been browsing a few of the BF forums around the web. General feeling is that they'll be released around 5:00 AM EST, but those appear to be mostly just educated guesses at this point.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #27
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Don't forget about the woot.com deal either. Last year their Black Friday deal was a pretty nice Blu-ray player for $50 (which was really cheap for last year).
Old 11-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #28
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I live like right next to the mall...if I happen to be up in a few hours maybe I'll go see what all the fuss is about...but yeah...nothing really tickled my fancy
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #29
thesloppy
Pro Starter

This highly rated 47" LG TV will supposedly drop to $599 w/free shipping, at Newegg on Friday.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 11-25-2010 at 10:54 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:21 AM   #30
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Looks like a great deal may be coming in a few hours on Buy.com. 42" 1080p TV for $298.

The best Black Friday 2010 HDTV deal yet: $298 Panasonic 42-inch 1080p plasma at Buy.com | ZDNet

Just picked up the TV for $298, no tax, free shipping. And I didn't have to wait in any lines. Not too bad.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:25 AM   #31
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
Just picked up the TV for $298, no tax, free shipping. And I didn't have to wait in any lines. Not too bad.

Where,the price has not shown up as 298 for me yet, have been refreshing every top of teh hour several times but still the old price.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:37 AM   #32
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Where,the price has not shown up as 298 for me yet, have been refreshing every top of teh hour several times but still the old price.

Only way to see the price was add it to your cart. It was only online from about 3:07 to 3:10 before it sold out.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:29 AM   #34
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post

Good for you. Glad someone picked one up. I couldn't stay awake. Had a sick kid all day that took it out of me.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #35
miked
College Starter

Still waiting for a deal on a Netbook, though I found out through work I can get an HP mini for about $260 shipped, it's fairly nice.

Was going to buy a Samsung Blu-Ray player that is internet ready, on sale from $250 to $140, but I rarely play DVDs, let alone Blu-Ray discs, but I would love to stream Netflix and Pandora. Now I see Best Buy has a Wii, with Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii remote for $170, which comes out to about 190 with tax and shipping. Since I can use that to connect to Netflix and the interwebs, I may finally pull the trigger.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #36
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Still waiting for a deal on a Netbook, though I found out through work I can get an HP mini for about $260 shipped, it's fairly nice.

Was going to buy a Samsung Blu-Ray player that is internet ready, on sale from $250 to $140, but I rarely play DVDs, let alone Blu-Ray discs, but I would love to stream Netflix and Pandora. Now I see Best Buy has a Wii, with Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii remote for $170, which comes out to about 190 with tax and shipping. Since I can use that to connect to Netflix and the interwebs, I may finally pull the trigger.

Radio Shack has the acer 10" netbook for 179 today...I bought one two weeks ago for 240 and I like it.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #37
Edward64
Head Coach

Just bought a AOC 24 inch monitor for < $115 from Staples. Lowest price I've seen on any 24 inch. See below thread.

AOC 24inch monitor at staples $111 after instant coupons - SlickDeals.net Forums

Its even lower if you use Staples coupons (which I didn't bother). Reviews were pretty good on Amazon.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #38
Landshark44
High School Varsity

i did it. 32' emerson tv, for $198 at walmart....

nightmare. laid on the floor of the store, form 11pm til they gave out tv at 5am. it was hysterical, people pulling down pillows and rugs from the shelf, and using them to sleep on. everybody was bitching about everything....

kept asking myself, "why would they give everything ot at 5am, instead of staggering things throughout the night? nothing at all hapens until 5am, and then they give everything out at once. laptops, tvs....

everybody in the store gets in line with all their shit....
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #39
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

lmao
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #40
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

42" TV just went on sale for $369 at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia...=1218166511573
Old 11-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #41
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark44 View Post
i did it. 32' emerson tv, for $198 at walmart....

nightmare. laid on the floor of the store, form 11pm til they gave out tv at 5am. it was hysterical, people pulling down pillows and rugs from the shelf, and using them to sleep on. everybody was bitching about everything....

kept asking myself, "why would they give everything ot at 5am, instead of staggering things throughout the night? nothing at all hapens until 5am, and then they give everything out at once. laptops, tvs....

everybody in the store gets in line with all their shit....

No offense, I just don't get it. That is 6 hrs worth of work basically, for quality you can find for 100 bucks more on the internet, if not less. Again, no offense to you, and you certainly aren't alone in camping/lining up way in advance for these "door busters," it just makes no sense to me dollar wise. (It also does make sense to me when these items are normally "casual" life items like bedroom sized TVs or netbooks. Not something that will necessarily play a big role in your productive or entertainment life.)
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #42
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
No offense, I just don't get it. That is 6 hrs worth of work basically, for quality you can find for 100 bucks more on the internet, if not less. Again, no offense to you, and you certainly aren't alone in camping/lining up way in advance for these "door busters," it just makes no sense to me dollar wise. (It also does make sense to me when these items are normally "casual" life items like bedroom sized TVs or netbooks. Not something that will necessarily play a big role in your productive or entertainment life.)

I've been out on a couple all-nighters for Black Friday. It's a lot of fun to go and do it with friends or family. I wouldn't do it if I didn't have some people to hang out with and pass the time.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #43
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I've been out on a couple all-nighters for Black Friday. It's a lot of fun to go and do it with friends or family. I wouldn't do it if I didn't have some people to hang out with and pass the time.

I just assume goof off in a more interesting place than Walmart though, unless the possible deal was a lot better than a generic 32 incher. So its not that I couldn't see the appeal, just seems that 90% of even the "great" deals aren't worth the 3-9 hours worth of sidewalk/Walmart atmosphere.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #44
RainMaker
General Manager

When I was driving home from my Thanksgiving dinner at around 11:30, I saw people lined up at Best Buy and Old Navy. It was 25 degrees here last night and windy. I don't get it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #45
Landshark44
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post

I don't get it either. I've never been before, and wasn't sure what to expect. Honestly, they said the TV would be available online (they lied), and I fully expected to buy one at some point on my iPhone Walmart App while I was waiting in line. My plan was to get in line, and at 12:01 purchase the TV, and say "so long suckers".....No luck, as I checked frequently between 12 and 5, with the price never moving off of $328....

I also had a $100 Walmart gift card, I got from work, so that bought the price down to a nice $98....

Again, though...

I couldn't imagine that the Walmart people would run such a half-assed event. My 10 year old could have planned it better. Would not do it again....
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #46
RainMaker
General Manager

Thought this was a good deal. Nike Store has 25% off coupon code you can stack with free shipping code. Cheap way to pick up some shoes or maybe some shorts to work out in.

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/...w-clearance#11
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #47
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, missed this thread being out but all I did for Black Friday was go on Amazon and get a couple of games, same as the past couple of years.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote