Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-15-2021, 08:14 PM   #1
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

DDS: College Basketball 21

FirstAccess is out, video below with some of the changes/improvements. WS is pumping games out.

https://youtu.be/BcA7NlQsyLo?t=28

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

I haven't picked it up yet, but I will shortly. Right now, they're the only man in the arena in college sports sims and I'm happy to support them. They improve incrementally with each release.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:37 PM   #3
bhlloy
Coordinator

Man, Windows only. This would have been the perfect distraction for the next couple weeks but I'm a Mac laptop guy. Sort it out Gary
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:19 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
I haven't picked it up yet, but I will shortly. Right now, they're the only man in the arena in college sports sims and I'm happy to support them. They improve incrementally with each release.

Me too... take my money. I haven't picked it up yet but I will.. just getting deeper into the College football game.

I hope more people support Gary and WS and I'll do whatever I can to promote his games.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:45 PM   #5
korme
Go Reds

Eager to hear reviews.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:23 PM   #6
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Has a lot of potential. Getting back into text games after a long hiatus so the recruiting offseason has been a tough way to get started. I've been watching some Wolverine streams and the in season stuff looks great. Can't wait to make it there.

Gary definitely listens to the community and has made some changes to First Access which were good enough that I restarted my dynasty. Admitted I was only a few months in but it felt like a lot.

GM Games has a Discord chat which seems to be the most active place to discuss the game.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:40 PM   #7
tarcone
Coordinator

Can you edit players? I hate to lose and play these games to max out stats. Yeah, I know, its lame, but thats how I am.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:21 PM   #8
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Can you edit players? I hate to lose and play these games to max out stats. Yeah, I know, its lame, but thats how I am.

If you go into the equivalent of commissioner mode, yes.

You can even use the same rating system as the NBA players and make a team full of players as good as professional LeBron but playing college ball.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:55 AM   #9
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Has a lot of potential. Getting back into text games after a long hiatus so the recruiting offseason has been a tough way to get started. I've been watching some Wolverine streams and the in season stuff looks great. Can't wait to make it there.

Gary definitely listens to the community and has made some changes to First Access which were good enough that I restarted my dynasty. Admitted I was only a few months in but it felt like a lot.

GM Games has a Discord chat which seems to be the most active place to discuss the game.

I know it's the whole point of the game, but I would typically have the AI recruit for the first season so that I can get to the games and get to know my team . Then I focus on recruiting the next season. Kind of like a coach being hired on day 1 of the season, what you get is what you get, and then your job is to change it after that.

I agree that it is tough to get into a new game when you don't know your players, strength or weaknesses and have to spend all this time recruiting.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:44 AM   #10
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I know it's the whole point of the game, but I would typically have the AI recruit for the first season so that I can get to the games and get to know my team . Then I focus on recruiting the next season. Kind of like a coach being hired on day 1 of the season, what you get is what you get, and then your job is to change it after that.

I agree that it is tough to get into a new game when you don't know your players, strength or weaknesses and have to spend all this time recruiting.

In hindsight this may have been better but my recruiting class turned out amazing so I'm glad I managed the whole process. I also feel like my mistakes will help me recruiting in year 2.