Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2022, 02:14 PM   #401
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Seems like a good point to update you on, well, gold holdings. Everyone is now back to full health.

Gold:
124 Sir Gareth
98 Syntax
95 Zilmora
82 Faris
79 Astrid
63 Tsavani
63 Lyric
62 Mori'an
55 Professor
51 Wolfrik
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 02:20 PM   #402
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Thursday, June 2

The locals living in this forest have a posted job board where they ask for help or assistance in various matters. I'm to take some jobs to earn some coin.

I don't really think anyone needs it, but we'll go ahead with it.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:32 AM   #403
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Locked Out of My Stump

"I've been locked out of my tree stump for days," says an old feline woman. "I've been staying with my sister until someone could open it for me. I lost my key and haven't been able to get anyone to open the lock. I don't want anyone to break the door down. My late husband carved that door himself and I'd rather die than see it destroyed." D20+Dex+Locksmith

Those able to pick the lock were Tsavani, Syntax, Mori'an, Faris, and Astrid. They were given 5 gold as a reward.

Lamplighters Needed

The lamps in the Arboretum are lit by magical means. Fire is outlawed. I'm tasked with going around light the dead lamps with magic. D20+WIS+Arcane Adept

Sir Gareth, Mori'an, Faris, Wolfrik, and Zilmora realize there are more lamps out than they anticipated. It's taken them several hours and can no longer channel the energy required to light the lamps. They're given 3g each.

Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, Lyric, and Astrid take the same time to light the lamps but are able to get them all and 6 gold as a result.

Bird Trainers Wanted

Communication amongst the people in the tree is done primarily by birds. A rookery needs someone to help calm and train the latest flock of birds to be used. D20+CHA+Animal Tamer

In theory, this was the hardest job for them to accomplish, but many had animal tamer boosts.

All but Syntax and Astrid accomplished this. They got 5g for their service. Syntax and Astrid were given 2g for their time.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:39 AM   #404
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Friday, June 3

As I'm leaving the city of Arboretum, I'm stopped by two lion guards of the tree city. They do not recognize me. With heightened security due to the recent demon attack, they're pressing me for information on my purpose in the city and why I am here.

I can either
A) Convince them of my mission and intentions. D20+CHA+Persuasive.
or
B) Intimidate them into leaving me alone. D20+STR+Intimidating.
or
C) I don't have time for this. Just attack.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 11:22 AM   #405
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
My initial plan was to split this up, but after starting to go down the path with Sir Gareth I realized it's likely they could be doing 1, 2, or all 3 options. I then decided everyone would start with trying to politely convince them and progressively get hostile.

Sir Gareth, Tsavani, Mori'an, Lyric (had to put on the charm for this), Wolfrik, and Astrid all successfully convinced the guards.

"Good luck on your journey and may the tree spirits guide you."

When that didn't work, Professor, Syntax, Faris, and Zilmora all tried to intimidate the lion guards...which did not go well.

The only other option at this point was to attack them. Each lose 1 virtue point as a result. Syntax was the only one of the four not to kill the guards...they got away.

There was a pickpocket opportunity for the guards...Syntax missed out on that.

Mori'an and Lyric took 1g off of them as they passed through. Astrid got 4g and lost a virtue point as well.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 11:26 AM   #406
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
June 5/6, The Weekend

To the Gate Shard

My locater indicates the gate shard is in the middle of the forest somewhere close to Crater Lake, the only source of water that might be in this world. Time to set off in search of it.

Take the northern route or the southern route. "North" appears to be through the forest. "South" appears to be a little more clear. D20+WIS+Survivalist, Mount

Last time the first five did the first option...I'm positive of that. Today, we'll split them up 1 by 1.

Going "North"
Sir Gareth
Tsavani
Mori'an
Faris
Zilmora

Going "South"
The Professor
Syntax
Lyric
Wolfrik
Astrid
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.

Last edited by Poli : 06-13-2022 at 11:34 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #407
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Northern route
I stick closer to the body of water in this world. It proves useful in supplying fishing and water resources, but it's also home to many foreign creatures as well. They don't take kindly to strangers in their land.

Tsavani was the only one unable to really live off the land while they traveled. She lost two rations. Everyone else lost 1. Mori'an did not have a ration and lost 1HP instead.

Southern route
This, by the way, proved to be the tougher of the two.
I travel along the mountain range. It aids me in my journey since it's often visible through the tree line, but there are no animals or water in this area.

Syntax takes the worst of it. It loses 3HP since it didn't have rations.

Everyone else lost 2 rations. Lyric only had one, so he lost 1HP and his ration instead.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:38 PM   #408
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Monday, June 6

I've been cautious of all the plant life of the forest since I'm not familiar with the flora of this world. However, I stepped on a vine and a large plant springs into motion to grab me. The vines pull me in closer to it's sinister mouth full of thorny teeth.

3 rounds, with dexterity. Fail the dexterity roll, and it's simply take damage.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:45 PM   #409
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Everyone loses at least one round today. Sir Gareth, Tsavani, Syntax, Wolfrik, and Zilmora managed to kill it...the others just managed to escape.

No true winner today, as everyone had a variety of 1 to 2 points lost in HP and 1g or 2g gained in winning the round. Astrid wore it today, though. She won just one round and lost 4HP.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:48 PM   #410
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Tuesday, June 7

I come to the place where my sensor indicates a shard of the gate should be. I find a large tree with a grotesque hole guarded by 2 Naga. These snake like people are armed and defending the access to the tree. They're not known for negotiating with others.

I can

A) Sneak around them. D20+DEX+Stealthy.
or
B) Scare the creatures to get them to flee. D20+STR+Intimidating
or
C) Surprise them with an attack.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:53 PM   #411
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The only ones with clear cut advantages here are Astrid and Tsavani to sneak and Wolfrik and Sir Gareth to intimidate. The others will surprise attack.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 08:30 AM   #412
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Astrid (26) successfully sneaks around them to avoid a confrontation. Tsavani (8) failed to do so. She'll have to fight them.

Sir Gareth (15) and Wolfrik's (21) threatening presence was enough to scare them off. No need to fight for either of them.

Syntax, Mori'an, Faris, and Zilmora all launched successful sneak attacks and gained +2 to their attack rolls. The rest had to just battle as normal, including Tsavani.

Of those battling the Naga, The Professor, Tsavani, Mori'an, and Zilmora killed both guards. Syntax, Lyric, and Faris lost 1HP each. They killed one but the other got away.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 08:35 AM   #413
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Wednesday, June 8

I stand below the giant tree. Looking up, I see a large crater high above several branches. Perhaps the gate shard fell there and burned a hole into the tree. If I can climb up there, maybe I can pluck the shard from the crater.

I'm to climb the branches of the tree. D20+STR+Athlete.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 08:58 AM   #414
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
This turned out to be little interesting as I went to roll.

There are several branches to climb to get to the large crater in the tree. I need to get 5 successful "rolls" to climb the tree...and the number of 'successful' rolls cannot be less than zero.

Roll too low, lose a 'success' (as you fall down the tree) and 1HP.

Some rolls won't allow you a 'success' while others grant you 1 'success.'

Roll high enough and you gain 2 successes as you leap with grace and skill and grab a branch much higher than what was aimed for.

With strength and athlete modifiers, most of our crew had no problem. The minimum turns possibly is 3. The Professor, Lyric, and Faris all managed to do that. Sir Gareth, Tsavani, Syntax, and Astrid were right behind them with 4 tries. Wolfrik, despite his strength and athletic ability, had a tougher time climbing the tree. He got it done, though, in five tries.

Not so good awards to Mori'an and Zilmora. Neither are athletes and had just a 1 modifier for strength. They both lost 1HP as Mori'an got it done in 6 tires. Zilmora finally getting it done in 8.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:34 AM   #415
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Thursday, June 9

With a better view of the crater, I see splintered wood and tree bark from the initial impact when the gate shard fell and collided with the tree. Around the impact zone, there are blackened stains that look like scorch marks. Veins of the wood appear corrupted with a toxic looking substance. The crater is deep and has formed a tunnel in the large tree.

I'm to climb through the tunnel and avoid the taint. D20+DEX.

I then need to endure the corrupted substance. D20+CON.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:25 PM   #416
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Climbing through I found that the tunnel was narrow, making it difficult to almost impossible to get by without getting some of the tainted substance on me.

Lyric and Syntax were the only ones to avoid it completely. Everyone else suffered a 2 or 4 point penalty on the next roll from getting the substance on them.

The taint gets on my skin. It itches and burns. I breathe in the fumes and I get to the point of vomiting. My head spins and I start to get claustrophobic inside the tunnel.


It was "possible" to avoid damage here...but none of our 10 were able to manage it. Lyric suffered 2 points of damage but avoided it with his ability. Syntax was close, only losing 1HP. Astrid lost 2.

Losing 3 were Sir Gareth and Mori'an.

Losing 4HP were The Professor, Tsavani, Wolfrik, and Zilmora.

Faris wore it today, losing 5HP.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 03:01 PM   #417
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Friday, June 10

The pitch dark passageway begins to open up until I can finally stand. I come to a small room where I see several Naga sitting in worship around the glowing gate shard. They have not noticed me yet.

My options are the same as the last time I encountered the Naga, so I'll go with the same group again.

A) Sneak around them. D20+DEX+Stealthy.
or
B) Scare the creatures to get them to flee. D20+STR+Intimidating
or
C) Surprise them with an attack.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.

Last edited by Poli : 06-16-2022 at 03:28 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 03:27 PM   #418
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Sneaking around them works for Tsavani (16) but not Astrid (10). Astrid gets caught and must battle two of the Naga as the rest roll out. Tsavani gains +2 to damage for tomorrow's combat.

Scaring the creatures works again for both Sir Gareth (26) and Wolfrik (21). They each gain +2 defense tomorrow.

The surprise attack works for all but Faris. Everyone but Faris gains +2 to these attacks...Faris and Astrid will go in without the bonus.

The Professor, Mori'an, Lyric, and Zilmora dispatch both Naga that were left waiting to fight. Syntax, Faris, and Astrid all got one but the other got away. The three of them lost 1HP in the battle.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 03:35 PM   #419
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
June 11/12, The Weekend

As I begin the ritual to take the gate shard, I hear a screeching from the tunnel. The noise grows louder as a large Naga Queen emerges from it. She's bigger than the others. She coils up...hissing and looking over at me. With rage and hatred, she lunges toward me.

I have to fight the Naga Queen. Three rounds of combat.

I then have to take the gate shard. D20+WIS+Danger Sense.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 04:27 PM   #420
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Wiping the floor with the Naga Queen were The Professor and Zilmora. Zilmora's fireball is just insane. The Queen didn't stand a chance. They're both given 3g.

Tsavani (-1HP, 2g), Syntax (-2HP, 1g), Faris (-1HP, 2g), and Wolfrik (-1HP, 2g) all managed to kill the Queen as well.

Sir Gareth (-1HP, 2g), Mori'an (-2HP, 1g), Lyric (-2HP, 1g), and Astrid (-2HP, 2g) all were hit in the final round allowing the Queen to escape.



That sense of dread comes over each of them as they approach the shard. In the end, Sir Gareth, Tsavani, and Lyric are cursed. Sir Gareth and Tsavani used abilities to clear it. Lyric used a Holy Water.

Ain't nobody got time to be cursed.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 04:31 PM   #421
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Monday, June 13

Once I remove the gate shard from the tree and store it in the World Watcher's Staff, the taint from the tree begins to retreat and fade away. After I make it back outside, limbs from the tree move toward me like magic and present three treasure items to me. The forest is thanking me for my help in removing the corruption from the world.

I can take one item.

Helm of Nature. +1WIS, DEF
Thorn Bracers. +1WIS, ATK
Belt of the Forest. +1WIS, HP
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 04:45 PM   #422
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
A little heavy on Helms and Bracers here. I got a clarification that bracers are separate from gloves...so one could have both on at the same time. A number of them have a Belt of some sort...so only a couple were taken.

Helm: Professor, Mori'an, Zilmora, Astrid
Bracer: Sir Gareth, Syntax, Lyric, Wolfrik
Belt: Tsavani, Faris
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:38 PM   #423
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Tuesday, June 14

I don't make it far from the tree when I feel a rumbling from the ground below. Trees and branches begin to sway. A demon appears from a nearby bush...snorting and snarling.

3 rounds of combat with wisdom rolls...wisdom presumably to take the it out with the world watcher staff.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:28 AM   #424
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The only one to banish the demon on the first round was Zilmora, who used a spell point to boost her wisdom...not playing around. She lost a spell point, but gained a +1 for a future die roll and 3g.

Mori'an, Faris, and Astrid all banished the demon in the second round. Faris and Astrid lost 1HP in the first round. They got the same reward as Z.

Third round banishings went to The Professor and Tsavani. The Professor did lose 1HP but Tsavani did not.

The others killed the demon...gaining 3g. The interesting part here was there was no reward for just stunning it in the early rounds. The reward only came with the kill. Lyric and Wolfrik each lost 1HP.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:39 AM   #425
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Wednesday, June 15

To the Forest Temple

With the shard in my possession, I can now head to the gate. I hope it will be easy to spot since it might be the only large structure in the forest. I head north...but east or west?

According the the map, the only real reason to go northeast or northwest is the large lake.

We'll change it up this time. We'll go by alphabetical order...first five go east.

Travel roll: D20+WIS+Survivalist+Mount
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.

Last edited by Poli : 06-22-2022 at 10:17 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:33 AM   #426
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Traveling East were Sir Gareth, Mori'an, Lyric, Faris, and Astrid. This turned out to be the tougher of the two routes. This route was a bad choice because there are a ton of insects that are mating and feasting on this side of the lake.

All but Lyric were able to find a plant that the insects avoided. They pick a number of them and cover their clothing. The insects are kept at bay and they travel quickly as a result.

Lyric was tired of the insects and drove further away from the lake as a result. It cost him time and in the end, 2HP.

Sir Gareth, Faris, and Astrid consumed 1 ration. Mori'an was without a ration and lost 1HP.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:39 AM   #427
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Travelling west was The Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, Wolfrik, and Zilmora. While better in theory, the west marshy side of this lake proves tough to trudge through.

Syntax gets stuck and loses 2HP in the process. The others stick to tree roots to try and avoid the delay. It works for the most part. Professor, Tsavani, and Wolfrik all lose 1HP while Zilmora loses a ration.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:30 PM   #428
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Thursday, June 16

My sensor indicates I'm getting closer to the Terralon Gate in the forest just as two centaur guards run up to me from a place hidden in the bushes.

"Heed our warning. This place was built by the mighty Yarus, God of Life and Growth. It holds great secrets that are not meant for you. You should not tread here."

I can

Try to convince them of my mission and intent. D20+CHA+Persuasive.
or
Intimidate them into leaving me alone. D20+STR+Intimidating
or
the "Ain't nobody got time for that" option. Let's fight.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:32 PM   #429
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Given these circumstances, the last time I had this option, I was allowed to try one or the other before the fight. That said, everyone's going to try and charm, then bully, then fight if necessary.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 02:23 PM   #430
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
They all put on the charm. It works for everyone but Tsavani (6), Syntax (0), and Astrid (6). Syntax was also working with a negative modifier given his -5 Virtue.

"Good luck on your journey and Yanus guide you."

Astrid was able to back the centaurs down after getting in their face, but that didn't work for Tsavani (1) or Syntax (11). Tsavani had a negative modifier for being too good (9 virtue). Syntax had a positive modifier, although it didn't help.

"We'll let Yarus and the traps within the temple deal with you."

Both Tsavani and Syntax killed the centaur guards. They both lost a virtue point in the process.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.

Last edited by Poli : 06-22-2022 at 02:28 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 02:31 PM   #431
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The thieves not named Syntax, since he killed the centaurs, had a pickpocket attempt on the centaurs. Lyric and Mori'an came away with 2 gold. Astrid with 1g.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 02:34 PM   #432
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Friday, June 17

I arrive at the Forest Temple. It's well hidden amongst the trees and shrouded by overgrowth. I walk up the stairs leading to the entrance when I suddenly feel my foot sink down until I hear a click. A pressure plate has been activated.

I hear a rumble as the stone door begins to close. Between me and the door, spikes begin shooting up out of the ground.

I need to dodge the spikes. D20+DEX+Danger Sense.

I then need to race to the entrance before the door closes. D20+DEX+Athlete.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:13 PM   #433
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Sir Gareth and Lyric were as nimble as a cow. They were hit numerous times and lost 3HP. Mori'an, Wolfrik, and Zilmora managed to do better, but still lost 1HP.

Leaping, twirling, rolling, and dodging with all the right moves were The Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, Faris, and Astrid.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:16 PM   #434
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Sir Gareth, Tsavani, Syntax, Wolfrik, and Astrid all make it to the door quickly and walk underneath with plenty of time before it closes behind them. The last of the light disappears and they're left in the darkness.

Mori'an, Lyric, Faris, and Zilmora all make it before the door closes...but they have to drop to the ground quickly and slide under...losing 2HP in the process. Lyric negates this with an ability.

The Professor catches the door as it closes down on him. He's got to roll with his strength included to see if he can keep it up long enough for him to make it through...and he does, barely. He loses 2HP.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:30 PM   #435
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The weekend, June 18 and 19

Forest Temple

With the overgrowth present and traps obviously active, the centaur guards must have done a good job of keeping intruders out. I need to navigate this temple.

It appears to be set in a pyramid setting...where I'm at the bottom level. There are four levels.

There are two places to explore on the bottom level...and a staircase labeled 3 on each floor.

The second and third floors have just one room. The final floor I assume will be what I visit tomorrow.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:53 PM   #436
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Leaving the entry door that closed behind me, I fumble my way down a dark corridor and into a small antechamber. There's an unlit torch here. Once I light it, the small room fills with light. The flame magically cascades down the hallways and lights other torches in place.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:56 PM   #437
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
I find myself in a room with a large offering table situated on a platform. The top of the table looks to be full of dirt. It appears worshipers of Yarus once came here to pay their respects, though it's unclear what they offered to Yarus here. D20+INT+Student.

For most of the crew, the only thing they knew about Yarus was what the centaurs told them. For Syntax, Mori'an, Wolfrik, and Zilmora, they all knew that Yarus empowered potential and energy into the ground. Worshipers used to leave dirt as a symbol of the womb and place of birth...anything placed in the dirt is sacred.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.

Last edited by Poli : 06-24-2022 at 02:57 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:59 PM   #438
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Each time I go further up into the temple, I enter this stairwell. It's filled with green gas. I fight to get through it and not breathe it in. D20+CON+Danger Sense.

Professor, Lyric, Faris, Zilmora, and Astrid make it through without damage.

Sir Gareth and Syntax suffered 1 damage.

Tsavani, Mori'an, and Wolfrik all suffered 2 damage.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:02 PM   #439
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
This floor of the temple holds a shrine dedicated to Yarus. It's a large wooden statue that's becoming one with, or emerging from, a tree. It's difficult to tell. It's placed in the center of a circle of dirt. I can choose to pay respects. D20+WIS+Arcane Adept.

I had them all pay their respects...and most got something out of it. the stairwell gas no longer affects Sir Gareth, Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, Wolfrik, or Zilmora.

Mori'an, Lyric, and Astrid all suffered 1 HP of damage, though, moving through the stairwell up to the next floor.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:05 PM   #440
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
This level contains a large garden of unusual plants and beautiful flowers. One of the flowers appears to be made of solid gold. As I lean in for a closer look, one of the plants attacks me.

Literally everyone kills the flower...which I believe is a first for me in battle.

Mori'an gained 1HP from killing it. Everyone snags the gold flower, worth 10g.

On their way out and up the staircase, Astrid suffers 1HP of damage and Lyric suffers 2.

HPs below 50%, Mori'an (6HP), Lyric (5HP), and Astrid (6HP) all popped a potion to recover 5-6HP.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:08 PM   #441
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Monday, June 20

I step out onto a stone ledge overlooking the growth of the forest. Nothing but trees in sight. A booming voice speaks a riddle that is carried across the peaceful quiet of the land.

A home in darkness where I can be found
Lying in wait without a sound
When a drink doth quench my thirst
Into the light I shall burst

What am I?


I am to guess the answer to the riddle.

Then I can either:
Sprint to the gate. D20+DEX+Athlete.
Sneak to the gate. D20+DEX+Stealthy.
or prepare for battle.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:25 PM   #442
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
I actually failed this one.

Spoiler


Lyric, Faris, Wolfrik, and Zilmora all chose to sprint to the gate quickly. Wolfrik and Zilmora tripped along the way. Lyric and Faris gain +2 to defense for tomorrow.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:26 PM   #443
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Choosing to sneak past were Tsavani and Astrid. Both get there quickly and quietly. +2 defense for both.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:27 PM   #444
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Choosing to stroll up with weapons drawn were Sir Gareth, Professor, Syntax, and Mori'an. It only works for Sir Gareth, who gains +2 defense.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:28 PM   #445
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
We'll be paused for another few days while I take the family to Chicago for the weekend.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:37 PM   #446
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Tuesday, June 21

I approach the gate and hear a cracking and snapping of wood. I look around and see one of the trees is alive and reaching out to stop me from entering the gate.

4 rounds of combat.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 03:58 PM   #447
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Sweeping through the combat was The Professor, Tsavani, and Zilmora. No damage taken. 8g as a reward. Sir Gareth did as well, but he took two spell points to boost attack and damage to make it happen.

Lyric, Faris, Wolfrik, and Astrid all took 1 point of damage but ultimately defeated the Guardian tree. 6g for their efforts. Wolf used both of his prayers for favor in this battle.

The key word is defeated...not killed. This cost Mori'an 2 points of damage instead, since he couldn't use Leach Life to restore 1HP.

Lastly, Syntax. I have so much fun with it in combat. Kind of get the depressed robot vibe from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I don't spend gold to boost his attack or damage now. I just maintain a 50% ratio of HP to max HP. As a result, it didn't defeat the Guardian...it just eventually got around it and dashed to the forest gate. It lost 1g overall in the process.

Faris, with her point of damage, takes a potion and gets the minimum benefit of 2HP.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.

Last edited by Poli : 06-29-2022 at 04:07 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:06 PM   #448
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Wednesday, June 22

I travel through the portal to find myself landing with a splash into a body of water. I struggle to grab a hold of my equipment before it sinks (and my horse...I don't think the horse/mule part was thought through here). I quickly search for land and find it. It's a small island up ahead.

1) Grab my equipment before it sinks. D20+DEX. This doesn't sound promising.

2) Swim to the island in the distance. D20+CON+Athlete
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.

Last edited by Poli : 06-29-2022 at 04:17 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:19 PM   #449
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Fortunately, the option here is to lose gold or equipment. Those losing on the first roll will all choose to lose gold.

That would be Sir Gareth, Tsavani, Mori'an, Lyric, and Astrid. Syntax missed this by 1. That didn't compute well and it spent the 1g to save 9g.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:23 PM   #450
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
A few turned out to be excellent swimmers after gathering their gear. Sir Gareth, Professor, Zilmora, and Astrid all are doing well, but the island doesn't appear any closer. They're getting tired and started to question if they're going to make it.

Struggling behind them is Tsavani, Mori'an, and Lyric. They each lost 2HP while trying to reach the island. They haven't made it either and also are feeling the strain. Lyric took a HP potion as a result and gained 7HP back.

Far behind and starting to drown are Syntax, Faris, and Wolfrik. Each lost 4HP. Syntax spent the gold, of course. Faris and Wolfrik spent potions to gain back 6HP and 3HP, respectively.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.