Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-08-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 7!!! Uploads due Sunday, September 14th!!

Week 7 slate

Colorado at Kansas
#23 Rutgers @ Cincinnati
#16 Arkansas @ #13 Auburn
Kentucky vs #14 South Carolina
#21 Mississippi State vs Vanderbilt
Virginia vs ECU
#18 Oklahoma State @ #4 Missouri
#24 Texas A&M vs Kansas State
North Carolina vs Notre Dame

NC State, Pitt and USF with bye weeks

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

A nice start for us as we get a four star pocket passing QB from California. Now we need an f'ing win.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

This is beyond a joke now. I feel like I am so close to the RROD. During the game with 4 minutes left the sound went out on me. I kept forging through and with 1:30 left, the disc is unreadable. This has happened 5 times now in online dynasty. I have a full replacement plan for my Xbox so if it goes I am covered but this is absurd.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
This is beyond a joke now. I feel like I am so close to the RROD. During the game with 4 minutes left the sound went out on me. I kept forging through and with 1:30 left, the disc is unreadable. This has happened 5 times now in online dynasty. I have a full replacement plan for my Xbox so if it goes I am covered but this is absurd.

I mean seems to be off and on. Had to restart that game like 4 times two game weeks ago, but only once last week.

Wish I had an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I mean seems to be off and on. Had to restart that game like 4 times two game weeks ago, but only once last week.

Wish I had an answer.

It's frustrating. I just notice it more online. My buddy and I have an online dynasty and every time he plays Maryland, it gets him a dirty disc error. That makes no sense.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We get off the snide with a 38-19 win over Kansas. Not much of a game as we ran the ball over 40 times and just controlled the entire time.

Looking over my season stats so far, true frosh RB Darrell Scott is far and away my best player. I didn't even realize how absurd his stats were until just now, but for the year:

136 carries for 757 yards with 15 TD
33 catches for 424 yards with 2 TD

I do not trust my QB with many deep throws, so I dink and dunk and just work on moving the chains. Hopefully with a better QB I'll start to be able to do more to make me less one dimensional, because as my losses to FSU and Texas showed, if you take away the run, it can be a long day.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm dying to get home and see if I landed a recruit this week. There is one player I'm eyeing and am really, really close on so I'm hoping we closed the deal.

Otherwise, just happy to get to play. I probably won't get my game in until tomorrow or Wednesday, my apologies.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm dying to get home and see if I landed a recruit this week. There is one player I'm eyeing and am really, really close on so I'm hoping we closed the deal.

Otherwise, just happy to get to play. I probably won't get my game in until tomorrow or Wednesday, my apologies.

No rush.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #9
cmp
Pro Rookie

We went from unranked to #16 after our win over Florida and headed on the road to play #13 Auburn. It wasn't close, we put plenty of points on the board and won 63-24.

Another big game from Mallet as he threw for 406 yards and 3 TDs. Brandon Barnett got the start in place of the injured Michael Smith at running back and ran for 94 yards and 2 touchdowns on 18 carries. London Crawford had 14 catches for 155 yards and Rod Coleman had 13 receptions for 151 yards.

Next up is our first real challenge with Kentucky.

Last edited by cmp : 09-08-2008 at 06:41 PM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #10
Ironhead
College Prospect

Ugh ugh ugh. Texas A&M gets some bad luck at the end and loses to Kansas State. K-State won 27-24 thanks to two 4th quarter scores off fluke turnovers. Jorvorskie Lane, who is one of the most reliable backs in the NCAA at holding onto the football, coughed the ball up in our redzone. Then on our next drive Goodson juggled a pass in the flat which then flew backwards and landed right in the hands of a defensive back running the other way.

I just hope this doesn't hurt us too badly in recruiting. It is getting right down to the wire on the single most important member of our recruiting class. I swear I will be depressed if we don't land him as it could mean a complete reversal in our passing attack in 2009.

Last edited by Ironhead : 09-08-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #11
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Mississippi State pulled off a win against Vanderbilt, an apparent powerhouse. Christian Ducre' ran for 136 yards on 31 carries for me while breaking just 4 tackles. I hurt their starting quarterback and starting running back early but their back-ups shined. Their back-up runner broke 7 tackles on 16 carries for 108 yards. Their back-up QB went 16-18, the only two incompletes were user picks. Rough game and had a TON of prospects visiting. We'll see how this effects their interest.

I did almost blow it out of frustration late. I got the ball to their 6 with thirty seconds to go and up by 5. I decided to try for the td and threw a pick with 15 seconds to go. We tackled them at their 20.

I am starting to notice that when I abandon the running game, I can take down the secondary fairly easy which makes me think I might be able to pull off a win at Tennessee.

We're currently 5-1 and probably just inside the top 20 now. Looking ahead, I've got:
@ Tennessee (tough)
Middle Tennessee (should be a gimme but I thought that about Vandy)
Kentucky (human game, tough and I'll probably lose)
@ Alabama (tough, but I think I can win)
Arkansas (I will lose the way he's playing)
Ole Miss (rivalry game, hopefully win)

I'll probably finish 3-3, leaving me at 8-4. I would like to pull off one more of those games, getting to 9-3 going into the bowls but that'll take a lot of luck.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 09-08-2008 at 08:54 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #12
Logan
Head Coach

Damn, out of town so won't be able to get to play until Friday. That's a long time to wait to take on the #4 team in the country.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #13
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Oh my god. I was up big at the half and blew it. They came back, going ahead by 1 with 1:00 left. I drove down the field and had to kick a FG. They iced me, and I missed it. SHIT
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I do not trust my QB with many deep throws, so I dink and dunk and just work on moving the chains. Hopefully with a better QB I'll start to be able to do more to make me less one dimensional, because as my losses to FSU and Texas showed, if you take away the run, it can be a long day.

Wow. Bad QB's in two leagues?! Darn the luck!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #15
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Big win for UNC 31-17 over ND. I had a RB with 100yds rushing and a WR with 100yds receiving also.

They must have called 10 screen passes and they worked every time!!

The sliders have made it very difficult to tackle the RB's and don't try to hit stick in the open field!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Ugh.

I went to play today and it froze so much I couldn't even get in to load the dynasty.

To test I went to play one of the little freebee games with my tray not even in, froze there too.

*sigh*

Looks like it is time to get this brick replaced.

I am going to try one mroe time tomorrow to at least go in and see if I have stuff set to have the CPU do recruiting stuff for me. I think I do already, but I want ot check. Of course my order is all wrong, but ohwell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #17
Logan
Head Coach

So I'm trying to report my game result, and it appears the servers aren't working. If I try back a little later will it eventually work or am I completely screwed?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #18
Kodos
Resident Alien

Usually, you can wait until the servers are back up.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #19
Logan
Head Coach

Well I've been trying since about 3:45, and still no luck:

I'm heading out for most of the night now, and I didn't want to leave the system running for another 8 hours, so I powered down and I'll try to repeat my VICTORY over #4 Mizzou tomorrow at some point. God damn it.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #20
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

doctored!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:23 PM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien

That sucks.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #22
Logan
Head Coach

It's okay...Chase Daniel is my bitch.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:40 AM   #23
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
It's okay...Chase Daniel is my bitch.

Like 3 interceptions, one returned for a TD.

Thankfully I pulled out another victory over #4 Missouri, this time 35-14, and honestly it wasn't even that close. Their TDs came on a kick return with 4 seconds left in the first half, in which I stupidly went for a big hit instead of the safe play, and a dump off to Jimmy Jackson where my poor attempts at tackling led to another long TD.

Zac Robinson was solid, 20-25 for 193 and a score, no INTs. Mizzou is really tough to run the ball against, as evidenced by Beau Johnson's 25 carries for 58 yards, but it seemed like I fought out the tough yards when I needed it. He was a monster as a receiver out of the backfield though, totaling 7 catches for 95 yards and a score (he only had about 20 yards receiving coming into the game).

MLB Orie Lemon made a push for defensive player of the week, with his 6 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack, and an INT returned for a score.

Hopefully this win gives us the recruiting momentum we need.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Waiting on KWhit for recruiting. He has until 11. After tonight we're moving to a 5 game schedule because I see no reason to wait 6 days when everyone gets their stuff done quicker then that for the most part.