Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 8!!! Uploads due Friday, Sept 19th!!

I had to advance two hours early so I apolgoize to KWhit, but I might be going out for the night and we need to keep pace. As of today we're moving to 5 days between sims because generally we're all done in five anyway.

Schedule this week

Colorado vs Kansas State
Rutgers vs UConn
#6 Arkansas @ Kentucky
#19 Mississippi State @ Tennessee
Virginia vs North Carolina
NC State @ #25 Florida State
#10 Oklahoma State vs Baylor
Pitt @ Navy
Texas A&M @ #14 Texas Tech
USF vs Syracuse

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

Top 10, I'll take it.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
cmp
Pro Rookie

Grammaticus, when would you like to play our game?
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
Ironhead
College Prospect

Awesome week for A&M. Start off with a soft verbal from the #1 center in the nation, a 3 star JUCO student. More important though is I received a soft verbal from a 5 star athlete who is one of the most explosive offensive weapons in this year's recruiting field.

Then with the power of the 12th Man behind us we defeat rival and 14th ranked Texas Tech by a score of 38-28. We had several key recruits in attendance so it will be interesting to see how things turn out next week.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #5
Mike1409
High School Varsity

wade when do you want to play? I am available most eves this week.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:55 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
wade when do you want to play? I am available most eves this week.

Wade had the RROD so I am not sure he will be playing this week. You may wanna PM him but I don't think he has gotten a box to ship it out in yet.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:55 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wow. Lost to KSU, gave up 55 points and their QB had 470 yards in the air. I give up trying to play pass D with this team, it's a joke.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:20 AM   #8
Radii
Head Coach

SOOOOOOOOO frustrating. I threw two early INT's and missed on a 4th and one at midfield, giving FSU great field position the entire first half. They score the first 21 points of the game. On the last play of the first half I have a wide open receiver in the end zone, the throw ends up short and the receiver comes out of the end zone and catches it at the 1 foot line instead of for a TD, time runs out, and its 21-0 at the half.

I dominate the second half with my defense, FSU barely gets any first downs, and I put together two good TD drives. Unfortunately, I can't find a 3rd TD to tie it, I had 3 chances in the 4th quarter to tie it up and just couldn't get a drive going.

NC State was the better team, but early mistakes put us in a hole we couldn't get out of.

Florida State 21
NC State 14
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:53 AM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Wade had the RROD so I am not sure he will be playing this week. You may wanna PM him but I don't think he has gotten a box to ship it out in yet.

Yup. I've put in the request for a box, but I don't have it yet.

*sigh*

I'm SO hoping that I had CPU assist turned on for recruiting. I believe I did, but I'm not sure.

I'd recommend that EVERYONE do this. If you use up all of your hours it doesn't matter.

So yeah, I don't anticipate me having a new xbox for a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #10
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

UGH! I won 41-38 in a triple OT stunner at Tennessee (although they are 1-6 now). I dominated the game (which is why the "UGH!" above) with the exception of three plays: a 101 yard kick return to end the first half, a 96 yard pick 6, and a five broken tackle 79 yard run. We went into OT 28-28 and that's where a ton of scoring occured.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #11
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Yup. I've put in the request for a box, but I don't have it yet.

*sigh*

I'm SO hoping that I had CPU assist turned on for recruiting. I believe I did, but I'm not sure.

I'd recommend that EVERYONE do this. If you use up all of your hours it doesn't matter.

So yeah, I don't anticipate me having a new xbox for a couple of weeks.

Sorry to hear that, was looking forward to our game.

Do I need to do anything special to play this game? It asks if I want to invite theopponent to play?
Old 09-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #12
cmp
Pro Rookie

Grammaticus, I'm available to play all night so just let me know.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, was looking forward to our game.

Do I need to do anything special to play this game? It asks if I want to invite theopponent to play?

I'll have to set Wade to autopilot. It didn't let me last week for some reason. I'll do it tonight.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:51 AM   #14
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
Grammaticus, I'm available to play all night so just let me know.

Sorry I missed you yesterday. Looking forward to our game tonight. I should get a sound beating, #6 ouch.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:38 AM   #15
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I'll have to set Wade to autopilot. It didn't let me last week for some reason. I'll do it tonight.

I noticed that function was gone in RFL last week as well. I wonder if EA took it out?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I noticed that function was gone in RFL last week as well. I wonder if EA took it out?

It was there this time. I know Wade had a bye last week so it could just be if a team has a bye and CPU assist on, it can be done automatically.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #17
Logan
Head Coach

Forgot the score, but I beat up on Baylor pretty good. Dez Bryant couldn't be covered, in the secondary or in the return game.

What does worry me is my lack of success recruiting. I knew it would be harder against real opponents, but I'm just not making progress and getting guys to commit. When this all started, the #1 OLB in the country (5-star) had me #1 on his list and I remained #1 the whole way...until he committed to Oklahoma.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 AM   #18
cmp
Pro Rookie

Solid win for Arkansas over Gramm's team Kentucky 38-28. Michael Smith had a good day running the ball 25 times for 157 yards and TD's. One of the TD's was a 65 yard run. Ryan Mallet went 19-20 with 194 yards and a TD.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:35 AM   #19
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Forgot the score, but I beat up on Baylor pretty good. Dez Bryant couldn't be covered, in the secondary or in the return game.

What does worry me is my lack of success recruiting. I knew it would be harder against real opponents, but I'm just not making progress and getting guys to commit. When this all started, the #1 OLB in the country (5-star) had me #1 on his list and I remained #1 the whole way...until he committed to Oklahoma.

Sucks about the OLB. I would be willing to wager that the recruit just took his visit to Oklahoma during Week 7, which was the Texas/Oklahoma rivalry game. You are much more likely to see sudden "come from behind" hard commits like this when recruits are visiting during rivalry games.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:47 AM   #20
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm worried about something similar happening with the #1 guy on my board. He's been seriously a barely perceptible sliver away from being full interest (meaning commit) for three weeks now and I haven't been able to give him that final push. I'm hoping this week did it but I've hoped that the last couple!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

KWhit has dropped the league, so I have a PM out to bignej, who is pretty much God at this game, to replace him.

Sorry Big East.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #22
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'll spank bignej 3 ways from sunday.

I'll also beat him pretty badly in NCAA 09.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #23
bignej
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
I'll spank bignej 3 ways from sunday.

I'll also beat him pretty badly in NCAA 09.

You talk trash in every thread......I like it!
Old 09-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just waiting on Mike to play his game it looks like then we can advance
Old 09-19-2008, 12:08 AM   #25
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I will play this in the evening tonight.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I will play this in the evening tonight.

Sounds good!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #27
Logan
Head Coach

So did tonight at 1am mean Thursday night or Friday night?

Signed,

Anxious to beat up on Texas after work
Old 09-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
So did tonight at 1am mean Thursday night or Friday night?

Signed,

Anxious to beat up on Texas after work

11:59 EST. Tho I might be gone and not able to advance until 2 or 3 AM otherwise.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:36 AM   #29
Logan
Head Coach

That's fine, I meant if Mike would be playing his game late last night which would allow you to advance a bit early.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #30
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Sorry I meant Friday, I am going to do this now. I was planning on playing last night but went to the Rays game instead!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 PM   #31
Mike1409
High School Varsity

The game in Charlottesville has just gone final.

With 3 recruits looking on UVA had a furious comeback thwarted and UNC prevails 34-30.

UNC led early 10-0 completely stopping the Cav's rushing on two 3 and outs. They couldn't be stopped in the second however, with a long FG drive and a TD to tie with 1:30 left UNC was able to get a FG as time expired to take the lead at the half 13-10.

A long scoring drive seemed to be enough as UNC took a 20-10 lead into the final period. UVA then scored a TD early but missed the XP. A penalty on the kickoff return and an INT put the cavs in soring position and they took the lead23-20 with 5 minutes remaining.

UNC answered quickly and scored on a WR screen pass for 57 yds to retake the lead with 3min left. In prevent mode that almost prevented the win UVA scored with around a min remaining.

Needing a FG for OT the heels return the kick to the 45. a quick slant on a blitz put the ball on about the 30 with 35 secs left. I had 2 timeouts left and called an WR option hoping to catch man cov or a blitz. The call worked perfectly and the QB could have ran for the score but was pitched to the faster WR who capped the scoring with 5 seconds left. A final play was caught short and tackled to end the game.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:36 PM   #32
Logan
Head Coach

Wow, crazy game. Congrats.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:21 AM   #33
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
The game in Charlottesville has just gone final.

With 3 recruits looking on UVA had a furious comeback thwarted and UNC prevails 34-30.

UNC led early 10-0 completely stopping the Cav's rushing on two 3 and outs. They couldn't be stopped in the second however, with a long FG drive and a TD to tie with 1:30 left UNC was able to get a FG as time expired to take the lead at the half 13-10.

A long scoring drive seemed to be enough as UNC took a 20-10 lead into the final period. UVA then scored a TD early but missed the XP. A penalty on the kickoff return and an INT put the cavs in soring position and they took the lead23-20 with 5 minutes remaining.

UNC answered quickly and scored on a WR screen pass for 57 yds to retake the lead with 3min left. In prevent mode that almost prevented the win UVA scored with around a min remaining.

Needing a FG for OT the heels return the kick to the 45. a quick slant on a blitz put the ball on about the 30 with 35 secs left. I had 2 timeouts left and called an WR option hoping to catch man cov or a blitz. The call worked perfectly and the QB could have ran for the score but was pitched to the faster WR who capped the scoring with 5 seconds left. A final play was caught short and tackled to end the game.

*sigh*.. hurts seeing my team lose a conference game why i sit by watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote