Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 11!!! Uploads due Saturday, October 4th!

With XBL going offline all day on Monday, everything is pushed back.

Week 11

Colorado vs Iowa State
#4 Arkansas @ #13 South Carolina
#5 Oklahoma State @ #25 Texas Tech
NC State @ Duke
Virgina @ Wake Forest
North Carolina @ Georgia Tech
Texas A&M vs #2 Oklahoma
Pitt vs Louisville
Kentuky vs #8 Georgia
Rutgers vs Syracuse

#21 Mississippi State & #24 USF have byes

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Heisman Watch

Darrell Scott (CU)
Beanie Wells (OSU)
Matt Stafford (UGA)
Michael Smith (Arkansas)
Zac Robinson (Oklahoma State)

Three user guys in the Heisman hunt. Right now I like Logan and CMP's shots with both teams undefeated.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Okay, with the bye week, I went in and did just my recruiting. Some good news in Starkville:

Current Soft Commits:
Ervin Heard, 4* RB we've been after all year (20'th @ HB)
Mike Gatewood, 3* WR (40'th @ WR)
Brigham Taylor, 3* JUCO WR (96'th @ WR)
Alan Kaplan, 3* DE (57'th @ DE)

Current Hard Commits:
John McPhearson, 4* ATH (13'th @ ATH)
Andrew Greco, 3* DE (37'th @ DE)

Much needed bye week following the upset.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Solid looking class.

I have quite a few targets listing me #1, but I need to produce to get them commited, so this is a crucial game vs Iowa State, beyond the fact I still basically control my own destiny in the North (I do need a KSU loss, but they play Mizzou this week) just because I need to get some of these guys.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Heisman Watch

Darrell Scott (CU)
Beanie Wells (OSU)
Matt Stafford (UGA)
Michael Smith (Arkansas)
Zac Robinson (Oklahoma State)

Three user guys in the Heisman hunt. Right now I like Logan and CMP's shots with both teams undefeated.

Impressive job getting Scott to the top of the list.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #6
cmp
Pro Rookie

Tough game for Arkansas at South Carolina but we pull out a 34-27 win.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Impressive job getting Scott to the top of the list.

Honestly, he is all I have. I hate that I use him so much because he's destined for injury but my OL is not good so I end up having to dump the ball off to my RB or TE.

He is just absurd in open field so it works well.

Still, from what I see in this game it almost always go to a top teams kid, but who knows.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:26 PM   #8
Ironhead
College Prospect

Big upset as the 12th Man was out in full force in College Station. Texas A&M defeats #2 ranked Oklahoma by a score of 34-21. Logan can consider it an early present as it really gives him a leg up to win the conference and move up in the rankings.

Things were pretty close throughout but our defense really got fired up by some big plays in the 2nd half. With the crowd behind us almost every one of our defenders on the field was "hot". Two 4th quarter interceptions sealed the deal.

Senior quarterback Stephen McGee was the model of efficiency and finished the game 17 of 21 for 179 yards and no turnovers. He also added a pair of scores on the ground on 9 carries for 39 yards.

Mike Goodson was even better and finished with 170 yards and 1 touchdown on 22 carries. The biggest chunk of those yards came on a picture perfect option run that went for 80 yards in the 3rd quarter.

Leading the charge on defense was Anthony Lewis, our junior inside linebacker. He finished with 6 tackles (4 for loss), 2 sacks and 1 forced fumble. Even before the week Lewis was getting some attention from the National Media for his play this year. This week can only bolster his chances to pick up some hardware. It does worry me that if he is up for an award he could look to bolt for the NFL early. That happened to me in my Colorado State dynasty. The current backup is not ready to man the position yet and we got no where with the inside linebacker position in recruiting this year.

Speaking of recruiting we continue to have fabulous results. We picked up hard commits this week from two more 4 star recruits. This brings our total commitments for the year up to 8, which is 3 more than the next highest team (Oklahoma).

Our first commitment is tight end Manuel Huston (6'3" 234) out of Arizona. Huston is our lone commitment so far outside of our pipeline states of Texas and Louisiana. Huston was rated as the #1 tight end in the nation and his excellent athleticism and soft hands should land him a starting job from day 1.

Our other commitment this week is from massive offensive tackle David Harris (6'3" 334 lbs). Harris is a junior college transfer and based on his skill set has a good shot to step into the void filled by our graduating starter at right tackle.

Despite the excellent run we've had in recruiting so far things should slow down considerably from here on out. I only have 11 prospects remaining on my board and don't plan on adding anyone else. I feel I have done a good job picking "low competition" guys to round out my board as I only face competition on 3 of my 11 remaining guys.

For those struggling in recruiting here are a couple of helpful tips:
* Never "find pitch" on traits where you are ranked Excellent or Elite. Nothing bad can ever come from hard pitching a trait where you are rated either Excellent or Elite. Even if it is a low priority for the recruit it should still provide a bump to recruiting efforts.

* Don't be afraid to abandon prospects. Miracle catchups in recruiting typically just don't happen. Besides, unless you are targeting an elite prospect there could be a similarly rated prospect available that provides far less competition. With the amount of time saved by recruiting less sought after players you have more time to pump into the recruiting efforts on your 4 or 5 top guys.

* Keep a very close eye on the week's your top targets are taking their visits to opposing schools. If the recruit is getting closer to committing (3/4 of the interest bar full) a successful visit could create a hard commit. This is especially so during rivalry games. This can give you an excellent idea when it is time to make a big push.

* Don't forget to sway the interest level on traits! Getting that one extra "High" or "Very High" interest level in one of your key areas can make a huge difference in pulling in a recruit.

Last edited by Ironhead : 09-28-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:55 PM   #9
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Big upset as the 12th Man was out in full force in College Station. Texas A&M defeats #2 ranked Oklahoma by a score of 34-21. Logan can consider it an early present as it really gives him a leg up to win the conference and move up in the rankings.

Arkansas thanks you for knocking them off. Maybe we'll jump to #3.

On the recruiting trail we now have a 4 star SS and OLB to go along with our 3 star DE. Have big leads on a lot of 4 star players and a few soft commits.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So your fearless leader is an idiot. At like 1:45 AM last night I signed on XBL and started the game vs ISU. Then at the coin toss I realized this probably is dumb because the server is going offline so I had to quit.

Damn XBL and damn me for totally forgetting.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Sigh.

We beat Iowa State 45-37 in a game that was far too close, thanks to a 4 TD performance from Cody Hawkins but we lose Darrell Scott for a week. Chances are he'll be questionable for Oklahoma State, at least I hope, but if he isn't I'll have to burn a redshirt.

What sucks is Scott was hurt early in the 2nd quarter, with 13 carries for 139 yards and 2 TD.

With our season in the balance next week, it'd be nice to have him but we must trudge on.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wow. I just noticed Pitt put up 90 on Louisville. Good luck Big East.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #13
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Sigh.

We beat Iowa State 45-37 in a game that was far too close, thanks to a 4 TD performance from Cody Hawkins but we lose Darrell Scott for a week. Chances are he'll be questionable for Oklahoma State, at least I hope, but if he isn't I'll have to burn a redshirt.

What sucks is Scott was hurt early in the 2nd quarter, with 13 carries for 139 yards and 2 TD.

With our season in the balance next week, it'd be nice to have him but we must trudge on.

For the sake of competition, I hope Scott is as close to full strength as possible. Been looking forward to this game since we started up.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #14
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Rutgers beat my ass....

I don't know what it was but my guys could not tackle, In fact there were several times they went through the RB I swear...but then again, I couldn't stop the pass.

I switched up the QB when I was down by 20 and actually started to come back, but by then, it was too late.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
For the sake of competition, I hope Scott is as close to full strength as possible. Been looking forward to this game since we started up.

Agreed.

My backups are okay, but Scott is on another planet, and he's only an 85 right now. Can't wait to see him next season.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #16
Radii
Head Coach

NC State has its first hard commit, from the #1 guard in the country, 5* Robert Parker!

We're still working to finalize commitments from 4* SS Carl Butler, and 4* DT James Jackson. Additionally, we received another soft commit this week from 4* DE Michael Marcellus, the #20 DE in the nation.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #17
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
NC State has its first hard commit, from the #1 guard in the country, 5* Robert Parker!

We're still working to finalize commitments from 4* SS Carl Butler, and 4* DT James Jackson. Additionally, we received another soft commit this week from 4* DE Michael Marcellus, the #20 DE in the nation.

Congrats, I waited until you posted before responding about him. I spent a lot of time trying to convince him to go to UNC, but in the end he didn't care about academics so he was a better fit for you.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #18
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats Radii! That is an awesome catch.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #19
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
in the end he didn't care about academics so he was a better fit for you.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #20
wade moore
lolzcat

I fear what is happening to my recruiting right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I fear what is happening to my recruiting right now.

When servers are up I'll look to see if you have any commits. The CPU is solid with recruiting though. They'll fix your areas of need though sometimes it isn't always with the most desirable guys.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #22
Logan
Head Coach

Don't worry, I'm recruiting on my own, have the #5 team in the country and I still don't have as much as a soft commit.

I did spank #25 Texas Tech though, 56-24 I believe. Graham Harrell missed the game with an injury, and Tyler Potts, starting in his place, surely wishes he didn't. I picked him off 7 times, including 4 times within the first 4 minutes of the game (the quickness due to one being returned for a TD, plus an INT and a fumble by my boys). Terrance Anderson picked off 3 passes, ran 2 back for a TD, and also recovered a fumble for a TD.

Now I head into a bye week at 10-0 before colliding with 9-1 Oklahoma (thanks Ironhead). Despite him beating OU for me, I believe I still need to beat them to get to the Big XII Championship game correct? We'd both have one conference loss (unless they lose to TTU) and they'd obviously have the H2H lead. Good time to be in the North division with I believe 6-3 Kansas State leading the pack.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Don't worry, I'm recruiting on my own, have the #5 team in the country and I still don't have as much as a soft commit.

I did spank #25 Texas Tech though, 56-24 I believe. Graham Harrell missed the game with an injury, and Tyler Potts, starting in his place, surely wishes he didn't. I picked him off 7 times, including 4 times within the first 4 minutes of the game (the quickness due to one being returned for a TD, plus an INT and a fumble by my boys). Terrance Anderson picked off 3 passes, ran 2 back for a TD, and also recovered a fumble for a TD.

Now I head into a bye week at 10-0 before colliding with 9-1 Oklahoma (thanks Ironhead). Despite him beating OU for me, I believe I still need to beat them to get to the Big XII Championship game correct? We'd both have one conference loss (unless they lose to TTU) and they'd obviously have the H2H lead. Good time to be in the North division with I believe 6-3 Kansas State leading the pack.

You son of a bitch
Old 10-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We're movin' at a good clip this week.

Once Gram plays his game, we're all set to move on.