Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 15!!! Files due Thursday, October 16th!!

This is the last week to recruit until the off season. People with games have until the 16th, but I want recruiting done by Wednesday. Only two games this week, so when those games are played, we move on, so everyone has to get their recruiting done asap.

Week 15

#16 USF @ #19 West Virginia
Pitt @ UConn

If USF wins, they're Big East Champs, if not, I am not sure what happens with tie breakers.

Bowl Projections

Champs Sport Bowl: Purdue vs NC State
Texas Bowl: Houston vs Colorado
Meineke Car Care Bowl: North Carolina vs Louisville
Liberty Bowl: Kentucky vs Southern Miss
Humanitarian Bowl: Virginia vs Nebraska
Armed Forces Bowl: Texas A&M vs BYU
Outback Bowl: Mississippi State vs Michigan
Gator Bowl: Pitt vs Florida State

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State vs Wisconsin
Orange Bowl: Miami vs USF

BCS National Championship: Arkansas vs Ohio State

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Also, if you just want me to sim ahead with the computer doing your recruiting, post it here.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

This could be dangerous for me. I figure I'll be able to get my conf championship game in as soon as its available after Thursday, but after that, I'm out of town for work from the 20th to the 24th and I'm also moving when I get back so it could take a couple days to get an internet connection. It would suck to not play my bowl game, but those are the breaks.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
This could be dangerous for me. I figure I'll be able to get my conf championship game in as soon as its available after Thursday, but after that, I'm out of town for work from the 20th to the 24th and I'm also moving when I get back so it could take a couple days to get an internet connection. It would suck to not play my bowl game, but those are the breaks.

Like I said if you need time, you need time. It's all good. We'll cross that bridge when it comes.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas lands 3 more recruits this week. Two 4 star players, a defensive end and a cornerback and a 3 star tackle. Moves us up to the 8th best class and we still have a good amount of 4 stars and a 5 star that we have big leads on.

Last edited by cmp : 10-13-2008 at 04:53 PM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

There is a 5 star OT I am third on, hopefully I can seal it in the off season but it looks bleak. It'd be a steal though if I can.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

LOVE HEARING HOW EVERYONE'S RECRUITING IS WOOPIN' MY ASS.

*sigh*

Sorry to sound so angry - I just know this is going to be a huge problem soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
LOVE HEARING HOW EVERYONE'S RECRUITING IS WOOPIN' MY ASS.

*sigh*

Sorry to sound so angry - I just know this is going to be a huge problem soon.

I only have two commits, both are four stars, but one is a JUCO. It's looking round outside of a few top guys. I know Logan, with an undefeated team is struggling too. It has a lot to do with luck in my opinion.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I only have two commits, both are four stars, but one is a JUCO. It's looking round outside of a few top guys. I know Logan, with an undefeated team is struggling too. It has a lot to do with luck in my opinion.

Yeah, I know... and if I was playing well I'd probably feel better too...

ahwell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #10
bignej
High School JV

Pitt destroys UConn to end the season 9-3 and bowl bound. I wish I could have joined the league earlier and maybe it could have changed the outcome on some of the early games. We are currently sitting at #4 in recruiting rankings with 11 commits. We have done a good job closing so far. That will surely not last since we have not recruited any 5* prospects and a have a limited number of 4* recruits uncommitted on our board.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #11
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Recruiting is done here. We picked up two more recruits and our goal of staying in the top 20 ranking-wise and recruiting-wise is going to be tough.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #12
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Finished recruiting got 2 more commits!!!

a 4* SS and a 3* T with great blocking skills.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #13
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignej View Post
Pitt destroys UConn to end the season 9-3 and bowl bound. I wish I could have joined the league earlier and maybe it could have changed the outcome on some of the early games. We are currently sitting at #4 in recruiting rankings with 11 commits. We have done a good job closing so far. That will surely not last since we have not recruited any 5* prospects and a have a limited number of 4* recruits uncommitted on our board.

Let me just say you have been a pain in the recruiting department since coming on board and I mean that as a compliment. Great job coming on board and going after talent. We definitely have our eyes on the same guys but it looks like you will come out on top on almost all of them.

No new commits this week. I expect commitments from at least 2 more four star recruits and a couple of 3 star guys. Not much sense for A&M to go after a large recruiting class as I don't have many graduating players. If I try to go after too many more guys I'll have to cut them anyway to get down to the roster limit of 70.

Last edited by Ironhead : 10-13-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:38 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

A good start to the week I see, as we're only waiting on four files. Karl is the main one, as he has a game (and an important one at that) to play, and then three people have recruiting to do.

Hopefully we can knock this out tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #15
Logan
Head Coach

I'll definitely get to my recruiting tonight.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ooof, USF loses a tough one 24-21. Interesting to see what happens with the Big East now.