Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Week 14 has started. Deadline is 10/19/08 at 10:00 PM

I'm about to head to bed, so I didn't write down the match-ups this week. However, there are no human vs human matchups this week, so hopefully we'll get done a bit before the deadline and advance early.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hoo boy. Texas. Texas A&M. if we win, we go to the B12 championship game. If I lose, things are an absolute clusterfuck. This is going to be fun
Old 10-15-2008, 12:05 AM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

BC hangs with Maryland for most of the game, but 2 missed field goals and getting zero points in three visits to the red zone did us in. #8 Maryland prevails, 20-7.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #4
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Wow. Huge week last week.

#1 Purdue beats Indiana to complete a perfect regular season at 12-0.
#2 Maryland gets thumped at home by Florida State for their first loss of the season.
#3 Kentucky sits around and in doing so has their best week of the season.
#4 West Virginia loses a rivalry game at Louisville for their first loss.
Pittsburgh jumps all the way to #5 giving them a very slim shot at the BCS title game should they win out.

So Purdue has clinched a spot in the title game.

My Kentucky squad is 11-0 with a rivalry road game at Tennessee. Regardless of the result, we will play in the SEC title game against either LSU or Auburn. LSU plays WVUFan's Arkansas squad this week. Arkansas needs the win to become bowl eligible. LSU needs to win to play for the SEC title. If LSU loses and Auburn wins, then Auburn will win the SEC West. If both teams have the same result this week then it will be LSU who wins the West.

I'm really excited that it's in my own hands. I'm also quite surprised. I didn't see Maryland AND WVU losing (once they got to 8-0). The only thing that's certain is that Purdue is playing in the title game. Hopefully for the 3rd straight year a "slow" Big Ten will be demolished by a far superior SEC school

Congrats to the other teams who have a legit shot at a BCS Bowl. I think both A&M and Okie State are in the top 11 of the BCS standings. Also Stanford & Washington still have a chance at winning the Pac 10. We'll see how the tiebreaker shakes out. Does anyone know how that conference will end if UW, Stanford, and USC are all tied?

It's great to be excited & thinking about something different tonight. In order to keep myself distracted, I may give in-depth analysis of all FBS teams later this week
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:13 AM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heheh.

WOW.

Someone call the folks at the Big 12 Championship game? Tell em the 12th man is a comin!

Thanks to 178 yards rushing lead by Goodison's 113 yard day, and a power 40 yard TD run by Lane, the Texas A&M Aggies defeated rival Texas AT Texas 26-7 to win the Big 12 South. They will play Missouri in the Big 12 Championship game with a guaranteed BCS spot for the winner.

The good thing for A&M in this game was that Colt McCoy was not quite ready to play (out for one more week). They actually scored the first TD, and their fans were LOUD (first time all season, I was getting squiggly lines when I viewed my play). But we went on a LONG 18 play drive, complete with THREE fourth down conversions (all of them were 4th and inches, 2 of which we ran for with Goodison, 1 we got the QB sneak with McGee) and tied it up, and then we started playing mind games with the backup Texas QB, daring them to throw against us.. And they just couldn't.

Lane made his big run:

to give us a 14-7 lead. They couldn't do anything with it, and we marched down, and kicked a 40 or so yard FG with seconds to play in the half to make it 17-7.

Second half was straight ball control. Goodison and Lane were sent out to chew up some clock, and they did. We scored a third TD to make it 24-7.

They were in catch-up mode, and with their backup QB in the game, (12-24, 3 INT), it just couldn't happen. We get a late game safety for the final margin of the victory.

Ahem: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: Actually, I should say that I am somewhat sorry that Raiders Army, who kicked my butt 30-10 earlier in the year, didn't have a chance to go win the title, considering the asskicking he laid on me earlier, he deserved it more then I did, and if I lost and he beat Oklahoma, he would've won the South according to my calculations. But right now I'm just celebrating

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-15-2008 at 02:16 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Really looking forward to getting home after work today to check in. Does USC have anymore games to play? How about you EF27?
Old 10-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
WVUFAN
College Starter

Arkansas held #15 LSU to no TD's on 7 trips to the red zone.

Unfortunately, they hit 7 Field goals, and we throw 4 picks during the game, one of which is returned for a TD, and we lose 31-10, making us bowl ineligible.

Looking forward to next year, though.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 10-15-2008 at 02:31 PM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #8
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky has defeated Tennessee 45-21. It was a very tough game for the UK coach who wasn't sure if he would be ready to coach this week. Thankfully he made it through the game. He was near tears after the game and he was just glad that this game was over. Kentucky is 12-0 and plays for the SEC championship next week, but the head coach has off-the-field issues to deal with. Hopefully he can work through them and come ready to coach next week.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #9
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

wtg kingsneb
Old 10-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #10
Galaxy
Coordinator

I'll get my game in today.

I'm seriously thinking of adapting a Texas Tech/Hawaii-type offensive system next year if we can continue to get the quality receivers on the recruiting trail.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just to let everyone know, Kodos has stepped down so he can concentrate on doing all of the bells and whistles for the RFL. I've already contacted some possible replacements.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Kang would have stuck it out.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 10-18-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #13
Kodos
Resident Alien

Kang is more man than I'll ever be.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:15 PM   #14
BigDPW
College Prospect

Sucks Kodos is out...

Crazy night tonight. Couldn't get the ALCS game to show up on TBS for some reason earlier so I started playing my final regular season game (NCSU v Miami) got into the 3rd qtr down 28-14 making a hell of a comeback had all kinds of momentum only to have my cable modem go out and need a reset.

Now the freaking ALCS is on and I can't decide whether to replay the game now or just wait until tomorrow.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ironhead will be taking over Boston College. I'm sure you'll all welcome him to the league. I'll get him added a bit later tonight.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

Tell him he's welcome to the #1 RB in the land. And nothing else...
Old 10-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #17
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Tell him he's welcome to the #1 RB in the land. And nothing else...

Damn...I'll say. Just spent about 2 hours trying to figure out what to do with recruiting. At least only about 10 to 15 players are graduating. I thought there was still a ton of untargeted talent left - I just don't know if there is enough time left to convince any of them to commit.

It will be key to get whatever I can right now talent wise as recruiting will be more difficult next year. BC should slip to 3 star prestige and might see some downgrades in other areas. Still a better situation than Wake Forest or Duke though.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #18
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hrm. Missed this with the Werewolf game going on. I'll get my game in today.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:05 AM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, for whatever reason, I couldn't get much done with BC. And I'm not great at recruiting thus far. We lost a lot of our top targets with the last sim round. At least with Indiana, I have a lot of guys who have me at the top of their list, even if they haven't committed just yet. Good luck cleaning up my mess at BC!

Last edited by Kodos : 10-19-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #20
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

*sigh* I'm beating Va Tech 24-13 in the beginning of the 4th, when it freezes and says "disc unreadable"

So I'm starting the game over now. If I get blown out, I'm going to cry.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #21
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sonova...

I'm done with my game. Tried to get it in before the NFL games today but disconnected. I replayed after the Raiders won in OT (yay!).

We lost 42-35. At the end of the 2nd half, my starting QB went down for the rest of the game, but we were ahead 21-7 and would get the ball back to start the 2nd half.

I tied it up with a minute to go 35-35, but they scored on their first play from scrimmage after I kicked off to them. I couldn't score and ultimately couldn't overcome 8 freakin' turnovers. The first one was BS since it was a pass that was batted but the computer called it a fumble.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ouch, very tough way to lose RA. I'll be advancing in a few minutes.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:50 AM   #23
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

btw...I won the second try against VPI 24-20.....I started off slow, and had to fight hard to even keep it close. I was down 20-17 early in the fourth, and managed to put together a winning TD drive. I feel lucky!