Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #451
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Our government is acting out their own version of Chernobyl right now with this “everything is fine” routine.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:56 PM   #452
bob
College Starter

With Fulton schools closed for at least tomorrow, can't wait to see what other Atlanta metro area schools do. For better or worse, people in Atlanta do love a good panic.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:58 PM   #453
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I feel like this is the Trump administration dealing with the virus:

Old 03-09-2020, 02:05 PM   #454
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post

So I take it (most) everyone thinks this has gone beyond Jade Helm?

We are good on supplies but wife suggested getting some more fresh produce and laundry stuff.

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-09-2020 at 02:06 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:07 PM   #455
molson
General Manager

Lots of people sick in my office, it's kind of amusing to see the efforts being made to convince others its not the coronavirus. The routine emails letting us know who's out of the office (which usually just say someone is out sick) are specifically saying stuff like, "sick with influenza A" or "bronchitis", or, just "feeling a little sick but will be back tomorrow"! It's like there's a social stigma to the possibility that anyone has this particular thing. I imagine that will keep a lot of the people getting this underground and un-reported, even if we were testing more people.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:15 PM   #456
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post

Apparently that guy is still alive.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:16 PM   #457
Edward64
Head Coach

I can imagine the regular flu is muddying the waters quite a bit. It would be great if there was a definite and obvious "marker or differentiator" (like a scarlet C on the forehead).

The somewhat bright side is this is a dress rehearsal for the next one so gives us time to figure it out and prepare better. Trump stuff notwithstanding, I'm not sure if the US is at a C, D or F right now. I would consider a B- if there wasn't such a miss on the testing kits with a month+ warning from China.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #458
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

CNN reporting the head of NY/NJ Port Authority has tested positive, but Pence says it is safe to travel.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #459
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Apparently that guy is still alive.

Had to look him up.

Quote:
Al-Sahhaf is known for his daily press briefings in Baghdad during the 2003 invasion of Iraq. His colorful appearances caused him to be nicknamed "Baghdad Bob"[4] (in the style of previous propagandists with geographical aliases—some of them alliterative, such as "Hanoi Hannah" and "Seoul City Sue") by commentators in the United States. He was nicknamed "Comical Ali" (a wordplay allusion to "Chemical Ali" the nickname of former Iraqi Defence Minister Ali Hassan al-Majid) by commentators in the United Kingdom; commentators in Italy similarly nicknamed him "Aĺ il Comico".
Quote:
On 25 June 2003, the British newspaper The Daily Mirror reported that al-Sahhaf had been captured by coalition troops at a roadblock in Baghdad.[10] The report was not confirmed by military authorities and was denied by al-Sahhaf's family through Abu Dhabi TV. The next day al-Sahhaf himself recorded an interview for the Dubai-based news channel, al-Arabiya.[11] He was reportedly paid as much as $200,000 for the television interview, during which he appeared very withdrawn in contrast with the bombastic persona he projected during the war. Many of his answers consisted of a simple "yes" or "no". He refused to speculate on the causes of the downfall of the Iraqi government and answered only "history will tell" when asked if video clips purporting to prove that Saddam Hussein was alive were genuine, amid speculation at that time that Hussein had been killed during the war.

His fame quickly evaporated as the war continued into the insurgency phase; from the middle of 2003 onward, he faded from the public spotlight, and was no longer a figure in the war. Al-Sahhaf said that he had surrendered to US forces, had been interrogated by them and released.[12][13] He was not charged for his role in Saddam Hussein's government.[citation needed]

In March 2008, it was reported by the British press that Ali was living in the United Arab Emirates.[14]
Old 03-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #460
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Lots of people sick in my office, it's kind of amusing to see the efforts being made to convince others its not the coronavirus. The routine emails letting us know who's out of the office (which usually just say someone is out sick) are specifically saying stuff like, "sick with influenza A" or "bronchitis", or, just "feeling a little sick but will be back tomorrow"! It's like there's a social stigma to the possibility that anyone has this particular thing. I imagine that will keep a lot of the people getting this underground and un-reported, even if we were testing more people.

The thing is that without testing, we have no clue how many people have it. Could be 1000, could be 15,000. I don't know if the testing is being limited to make the numbers seem low or not. But I feel like a lot of the panic is over the fact we have no clue what is going on.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #461
JPhillips
General Manager

Rep. Doug Collins now also in self quarantine.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:46 PM   #462
RainMaker
General Manager

You hate to see it

Old 03-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #463
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
You hate to see it

'

Look like within "airborne" distance too.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:06 PM   #464
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You hate to see it

Can you give it to someone if your tongue is up their ass?
Old 03-09-2020, 03:20 PM   #465
JPhillips
General Manager

Add Matt Gaetz to the list.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #466
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

it finally hit ohio
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #467
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Add Matt Gaetz to the list.

And was on Air Force One today with Trump before going into self-quarantine. Meanwhile Trump is worried journalists will purposedly try to give the Virus to him on Air Force One.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:58 PM   #468
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Italy just announced a nationwide lockdown, not just the northern regions.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #469
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Can you give it to someone if your tongue is up their ass?

wow this joke better than the one i was going to tell
Old 03-09-2020, 04:10 PM   #470
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
it finally hit ohio

It's 2 hours away from me. The infected are probably already walking among ourselves.

Old 03-09-2020, 04:13 PM   #471
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
It's 2 hours away from me. The infected are probably already walking among ourselves.

well duh... tell me that trump doesn't look like this
Old 03-09-2020, 04:13 PM   #472
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
And was on Air Force One today with Trump before going into self-quarantine. Meanwhile Trump is worried journalists will purposedly try to give the Virus to him on Air Force One.

Science taking out Cheetos would be the ultimate power move by Mother Nature.

Old 03-09-2020, 04:19 PM   #473
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
We are good on supplies but wife suggested getting some more fresh produce and laundry stuff.

Just came back from the local Walmart, it wasn't that busy. I'm in suburbia about 20 miles north of Atlanta. Still lots of food but some shelves were noticeably more bare vs normally fully stocked.

I did pass by a couple close-to-empty isles where I got laundry detergent and Bounce. I assume those were toilet paper, lysol and stuff.

I wonder if the supply lines for food is getting stretched a little thin with the hoarding, prepping etc. that is going on. I'm not sure if the hoarding has already happened, in-progress or just in the early stages ... my guess is just in the early stages. If that's right, interesting to check out grocery stores in 2-4 weeks to see if we can keep the supply lines going.

That's something our CIC should be doing and saying to reassure us ... talk to food manufacturers, transportation companies, pharma's and figure out how to keep plenty of food, hand sanitizers, antibiotics, asthma medicine and like etc. flowing. It may really not be as bad as MSM is saying but to deny that it is serious is stupid.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:22 PM   #474
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Aliens! In my top-5. Bill Paxton RIP.

Let us know if any of them turn into zombies. Early warning is key.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:26 PM   #475
Thomkal
Head Coach

Stalled Intelligence Report Warns of Pandemic Dangers | Time
Old 03-09-2020, 04:28 PM   #476
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

I think its because news of the quarantine leaked and a bunch of folks up north were trying to get south.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:33 PM   #477
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

According to my FB feed today, it's because they are all sheep who watch too much tv. There's no real free thinkers out there anymore I guess. I

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #478
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
According to my FB feed today, it's because they are all sheep who watch too much tv. There's no real free thinkers out there anymore I guess. I

If you believe other people who think others are sheep....are you a free thinker who sees through the BS or a sheep who follows a different shepherd?

Last edited by rjolley : 03-09-2020 at 04:58 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:58 PM   #479
JPhillips
General Manager

Ireland canceled all St Patrick’s Day events.

Philly parade defiantly not canceled.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #480
JPhillips
General Manager

Gohmert exposes at CPAC but refuses to self quarantine.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:07 PM   #481
tarcone
Coordinator

And it grows in our area. Another infected. Testing 4 more in the county just to the North of us.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:12 PM   #482
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
If you believe other people who think others are sheep....are you a free thinker who sees through the BS or a sheep who follows a different shepherd?

I meant that in the context that supposedly the media are in control of global decision by bunches of countries for the way that they are handling it. It seems like 'these' people are only addressing the US numbers, US media, and think that what we have here is only a US thing, ergo...a media influenced panic. Meaning that they are willing to hold this point of view, while discrediting the independent changes that countries worldwide are making in response to it. It's a much more 'ignorant' standard of knowledge that they hold themselves to, to feel like they have a handle on everything in this way.

Like Steam?

Old 03-09-2020, 05:46 PM   #483
JPhillips
General Manager

Boston cancels the St. Patrick's Day parade.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:37 PM   #484
RainMaker
General Manager

I figured the alcohol at that parade would cancel out the virus.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:40 PM   #485
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
I figured the alcohol at that parade would cancel out the virus.

Im thinking you have a point. I believe alcohol kills many viruses.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:07 PM   #486
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Im thinking you have a point. I believe alcohol kills many viruses.

This is why I try to replace my blood with alcohol daily.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:26 PM   #487
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

That's something our CIC should be doing and saying to reassure us ... talk to food manufacturers, transportation companies, pharma's and figure out how to keep plenty of food, hand sanitizers, antibiotics, asthma medicine and like etc. flowing. It may really not be as bad as MSM is saying but to deny that it is serious is stupid.

There is only so much that can be done. It is in the best interest of these companies to keep the supplies flowing, but there are so many logistics involved it just may not be possible.

My wife is senior VP of sales for Duracell, sales through the roof right now, but if they can't get product from the factories none of it matters.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:30 PM   #488
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is why I try to replace my blood with alcohol daily.

I'm trying to be doubly prepared by piping hot weed smoke into my lungs regularly.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:54 PM   #489
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Just came back from the local Walmart, it wasn't that busy. I'm in suburbia about 20 miles north of Atlanta. Still lots of food but some shelves were noticeably more bare vs normally fully stocked.

I did pass by a couple close-to-empty isles where I got laundry detergent and Bounce. I assume those were toilet paper, lysol and stuff.

I wonder if the supply lines for food is getting stretched a little thin with the hoarding, prepping etc. that is going on. I'm not sure if the hoarding has already happened, in-progress or just in the early stages ... my guess is just in the early stages. If that's right, interesting to check out grocery stores in 2-4 weeks to see if we can keep the supply lines going.

Cleaning supplies, toilet paper, and water are in short supply here and have been for 2-3 weeks now. The toilet paper aisles, specifically, are nearly empty in every store I've been in. Hand Sanitizer is impossible to find.

My neighbor is a manager at the Safeway next to us and told my wife they received their first box of Hand Sanitizer in over 2 weeks this weekend. Not a very large box so only a few bottles. A guy showed up and tried to buy the entire box, was told there was a limit of 5 per customer so he had each of his 5 kids pay for 5 bottles of hand sanitizer. The 25 bottles he bought ended up being most of the box they received. Apparently this resulted in a lot of pissed off customers, screaming, cursing, and overall a fairly big incident as far as a local Safeway goes.

When I hear of people freaking out and buying up the hand sanitizer and cleaning products like this I wonder if they're intelligent enough to realize that if others can't buy cleaning products as well then all they're doing is holding off the inevitable.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:05 PM   #490
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

This motherfucker is causing a lot of damage.

Great comparison, Trump! Comparing a full year of flu facts, vs an illness that literally just entered the country in the last week or two. Given that it's not being treated seriously in the US, we are about to enter the exponential growth phase.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:05 PM   #491
Thomkal
Head Coach

In-coming White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows is under self-quarantine.

This may be my favorite CPAC ever.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:06 PM   #492
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Denver's parade is still a go, largest west of the Mississippi. Going to be incredibly bummed if they do cancel.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #493
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
In-coming White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows is under self-quarantine.

This may be my favorite CPAC ever.

The Press Conference tonight was a lot of work and worry over a hoax.

I so badly want someone to ask him why he's going to all this effort for a hoax.

Like Steam?

Old 03-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #494
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah me too PM
Old 03-09-2020, 09:07 PM   #495
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

NJ just declared a state of emergency
Old 03-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #496
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Pearl Jam cancelling the first leg of their tour
Old 03-09-2020, 10:02 PM   #497
JPhillips
General Manager

Looks like the US has done @8500 tests in total.

SK is doing @10000 tests a day.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:18 PM   #498
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Looks like the US has done @8500 tests in total.

SK is doing @10000 tests a day.

SK has 7478 confirmed cases with 53 deaths. That's 0.7%.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:02 PM   #499
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Santa Clara County just imposed a ban on all gatherings of over 1,000 people; this is going to affect 3 home games for the San Jose Sharks and one for the Earthquakes.

Further info: airports, malls, and schools are exempt from the ban.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 03-10-2020 at 01:48 AM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:58 AM   #500
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Talked to a friend last night who lives in Seattle. They own a bar in Belltown. Said the whole city is like a ghost town. Lots of restaurants considering closing until this passes.