Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How's everyone feeling?
1. A little deadlier than flu but not a big deal 1 2.94%
2. I'm concerned but still think people are overreacting 5 14.71%
3. Definitely worried, lots of deaths coming. But significantly less than (current predictions) 14 41.18%
4. Really, really worried. Lots of deaths at (current predictions) 13 38.24%
5. Close to freaking out. Probably much worse than (current predictions) 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2020, 08:31 AM   #1
Edward64
Head Coach

COVID-19 - 4/10 - Poll #10 - How's everyone feeling?

Continuation of the weekly "how are you feeling" poll.

For week of 4/3, there was a significant coalescing where #4 had the most change and became the majority opinion at 53%. Also for the first time, there were no votes for #1.

The majority of votes occurred before the start of this week Mon 4/6 which means it factored in the surgeon general's warning on painful week but did not factor in the now predictions of lower death tolls and some optimism of the curve flattening.

Notes:
  • I think the best way to answer this question is focus on the first part of the description as primary. The second sentence on mortality for 3-5 is secondary.
Progression from 3/13; 3/19; 3/26; 4/3
74 votes; 56 votes; 41 votes; 40 votes

1 & 2 = 41%; 23%; 19%; 15%
3 = 28%; 32%; 32%; 23%
4 = 24%; 36%; 34%; 53%
5 = 3%; 9%; 15%; 10%

4/3 Poll #9 - COVID-19 - 4/3 - Poll #9 - How's everyone feeling? - Front Office Football Central
3/26 Poll #8 - COVID-19 - 3/26 - Poll #8 - How's everyone feeling? - Front Office Football Central
3/19 Poll #5 - COVID-19 - 3/19 - Poll #5 - How's everyone feeling? - Front Office Football Central
3/13 Poll #1 - COVID-19 - 3/13 - Poll #1 - How's everyone feeling? - Front Office Football Central

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-10-2020 at 08:32 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:35 AM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have dropped down to a 3. People are dying at horrific rates, and that is terrible, but I think we may come out below projections.

I also think a lot of how I feel is a result of consuming almost no media, including Twitter. As soon as I get on that site, or turn on the news I physically feel different so I have all but stopped. We have fallen in to a routine, my kids are doing really well, and so far I have been able to get the things we need to not really alter our lifestyle. I think the combination of all those things has settled me down from where I was 2-3 weeks ago.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:35 AM   #3
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm personally feeling better so staying at #3. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it's still somewhat dim but better than last week when it was pitch black.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:43 AM   #4
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm staying the course at two. I'm not afraid of the virus as much as I am of the government at this point.

I'm suppose to have Easter dinner with my parents but I'll probably cancel. Not because of the virus, but more because I have to cross state lines and I'm afraid some cop will stop, arrest, and quarantine me.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:57 AM   #5
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I wavered between a 3 and a 4. 3 because I feel like the stay-at-home orders are working to keep it manageable, but 4 because I don't trust humanity to play the long game.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #6
Jas_lov
College Starter

4. Deaths won't be as many as I originally feared. Stay at home is working. But I can see Trump saying open everything up on May 1 and red state governors will go along. Those people will travel to big cities and infect others. We'll just end right back where we started without mass testing. I don't have any confidence in Trump to get the testing. And if we don't get mail in voting we may be stuck with that incompetent government for another 4 years. What happened in the Wisconsin primary was criminal.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #7
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I'm probably a 3, strictly because the numbers in Oregon have been pretty good and I've been able to shift my anxiety from worrying about myself getting sick to worrying about friends and family in other locations getting sick.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:39 AM   #8
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
4. Deaths won't be as many as I originally feared. Stay at home is working. But I can see Trump saying open everything up on May 1 and red state governors will go along. Those people will travel to big cities and infect others. We'll just end right back where we started without mass testing. I don't have any confidence in Trump to get the testing. And if we don't get mail in voting we may be stuck with that incompetent government for another 4 years. What happened in the Wisconsin primary was criminal.

Well considering Trump is about to t\let the USPS go belly up mail in voting aint happening.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:54 AM   #9
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Still slightly closer to 3 than 2. But that's based on the situation over here. I'd probably be at 4 or 5 had I lived in, like, New York, Madrid or in the Alps.
Still this.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:57 AM   #10
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Still this.

Ditto. There’s a huge gap between these options, but closer to 3. It’s the word worried that stops me being all in on 3

Last edited by AlexB : 04-10-2020 at 10:58 AM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:04 AM   #11
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
1 & 2 = 41%; 23%; 19%; 15%
Just a little bit of nitpicking: if you're giving option 1 and 2 separately in the poll, why accumulate them in the comparing overall numbers?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:30 AM   #12
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Still a 2.
Pretty solidly a 2.
Early I was a 2 but really like a 1.75...last week I was a 2 but tipping towards 2.5
Im pretty 2.0 right now.
Its bad. Needs to be respected. Lots of folks still way over reacting.
Wish there was a way to get real data. Will be very interesting to look back on a year from now and see the true impact.

Also think we have one more economic plummet coming before we start climbing out.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:36 AM   #13
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

3 still. It does look like we're going to get through the spring wave without truly horrifying numbers. I'm also with those who think the fall is likely to be worse because we'll have let our guard down. What we do in May-August to prepare for and/or ignore that likelihood will be key. Governors will be made or broken by this for sure.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:44 PM   #14
Edward64
Head Coach

I've got hopes Fall won't be "worse" because we should have some therapeutics by then and health systems won't be as stressed/maxed.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:58 PM   #15
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

therapeutics will definitely help, but I don't see why there would be less strain on the health system in a second wave.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I've got hopes Fall won't be "worse" because we should have some therapeutics by then and health systems won't be as stressed/maxed.

If we go right back to square one the health care system will be as stressed. Do you honestly think our administration will plan accordingly?
Old 04-10-2020, 08:01 PM   #17
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
therapeutics will definitely help, but I don't see why there would be less strain on the health system in a second wave.

I assume effective therapeutics means less people will have to go into hospital/ICU taking up bed space, ventilators and health professionals' time.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:04 PM   #18
Galaril
Pro Starter

Trump is president and will be the first to let his guard down and this will as an disease thru history come roaring back in October- November. Therapeutics what ever the hell those are I mean on3s that are proven to work won’t cure people. Are we going to fix the supply issue with evening coming from China or the Feds taking the states supplies at the ports for the Trump family and friends national stockpile? I doubt it. I am very concerned we will be in for a terrible late fall and winter in the US at least.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #19
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64
I assume effective therapeutics means less people will have to go into hospital/ICU taking up bed space, ventilators and health professionals' time.

That's possible, but it would have to be something a lot closer to a cure than a therapeutic to really make a significant difference there. I.e., enough of one to allow for normal activity to not swamp the medical system.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:33 AM   #20
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

FWIW, I’m still a 4 as I have been for a while. The human cost of this virus is still going to be extreme as well as the measures we have to take to try and control it. A doctor I was reading laid out the following options:

3 main options:

1. Lift restrictions. Cost = Lives, hospitals, economy.
2. Continue strict restrictions until vaccine. Cost = Economy, society, mental
3. #TestTraceIsolate Cost = Equipment, personpower, organisation

We’re nowhere near ready for 3., in both quantity and reliability of tests, which means we’re stuck with the poor options of 1 or 2 for a while still. I expect some places will open up too soon and incur further deaths as well.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote