Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Who will be the President on November 4, 2024?
Joe Biden 24 47.06%
Kamala Harris 11 21.57%
Donald Trump 11 21.57%
Mike Pence 1 1.96%
The Rock / Trout / Other 4 7.84%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2020, 08:41 AM   #1
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

November 4, 2024 - Who's the President?

Thought this would be interesting to throw out there. Basically, who do you think will be serving as President on the eve of the 2024 Election?

If you think Biden wins, do you believe he has the capacity for the full first term or does Kamala take over at some point?

If you think Trump wins, do you think he manages to make it through a second term unscathed or do you believe his actions will eventually catch up with him, leading to his ouster and Pence taking over?

Or do you believe there is some other alternative option? Perhaps the election outcome is enough to tailspin America into a Civil War for a few years until the country is re-united again under some sort of provisional government led by, let's say, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:54 AM   #2
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

The correct answer is Putin
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:55 AM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have to say Biden. May be naive of me but I still believe there is enough good in this county to remove Trump. If not we honestly get what we deserve. All the other stuff about his age , dementia, etc...is just white noise. Of course something could happen to him, but if I am picking in a death pool I am taking Trump over Biden.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:08 AM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
All the other stuff about his age , dementia, etc...is just white noise.

It certainly is.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:56 AM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Of course something could happen to him, but if I am picking in a death pool I am taking Trump over Biden.

With Trump's diet and lack of exercise, it's not hard to imagine him dropping dead at any moment. He's a heart attack or stroke waiting to happen.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
With Trump's diet and lack of exercise, it's not hard to imagine him dropping dead at any moment. He's a heart attack or stroke waiting to happen.

I try not to don the tinfoil hat needlessly, but doesn't it seem likely he's already had a relatively minor stroke? The rushed-and-hushed trip to Walter Reed, the obvious bullshit denial about it, the Administration's absolute refusal to admit any sort of weakness, and then the accelerated problems with walking, gripping, and balance since then... I mean, the simplest explanation here is that he had a completely understandable episode and more or less recovered from it.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:12 AM   #7
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think we all know the answer to this is "Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:25 AM   #8
Jas_lov
College Starter

I'll go with Harris. Biden wins the election, restores order for 3 years and then resigns to let Kamala run an an incumbent.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:27 AM   #9
molson
General Manager

I've read that Biden is ahead of where Clinton was at this point, but do we know where he stands historically 2 months out v. Obama either time, Bush either time, etc? Sometimes I think his lead looks huge and we're just so burned by 2016 to really even notice.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:31 AM   #10
JPhillips
General Manager

I've read his lead as a challenger to an incumbent is the largest since polling began.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:36 AM   #11
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I try not to don the tinfoil hat needlessly, but doesn't it seem likely he's already had a relatively minor stroke? The rushed-and-hushed trip to Walter Reed, the obvious bullshit denial about it, the Administration's absolute refusal to admit any sort of weakness, and then the accelerated problems with walking, gripping, and balance since then... I mean, the simplest explanation here is that he had a completely understandable episode and more or less recovered from it.

#TrumpStroke is trending on Twitter today. Some Trump insiders are saying that he had series of mini strokes the day he went to Walter Reed.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:49 AM   #12
molson
General Manager

"You think me, your favorite president, was treated at Walter Reed for mini-strokes? In Room 214? With the white ceiling? That's ridiculous"
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:57 AM   #13
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Typical Trump fashion he is saying it was Biden who had the strokes. lol.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 11:23 AM   #14
Butter
Coordinator

Him saying that is pretty much confirmation, isn't it? It's his most obvious MO.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:38 AM   #15
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I have to say Biden. May be naive of me but I still believe there is enough good in this county to remove Trump. If not we honestly get what we deserve. All the other stuff about his age , dementia, etc...is just white noise. Of course something could happen to him, but if I am picking in a death pool I am taking Trump over Biden.

Biden would be a few weeks shy of 82-years-old by the time the next election rolls around.

Age related cognitive decline is a real thing. I'm not sure why neither Trump nor Biden supporters are willing to admit that. And verbal ability is usually the last thing to go, so a person may be able to present as still having their full capacity while other aspects of their brain are in decline.

Of course, every individual is different.

But think of it this way. Your team is hiring a new head coach (or GM) and signing him to a four year deal. The guy will be 82-years-old (or even 78) by the end of that deal. Do you think he's the right fit and will still be going strong at the end of that deal? Or do you think he's too old for the job?

Let's use Bill Polian as an example. For some reason, your favourite NFL team has an opening at GM. Bill Polian would seemingly have the best resume among anyone, being a 6-time NFL Executive of the Year and Super Bowl winner. Is Polian your first choice and do you expect him to last the full four years?

No coach is even close in age to either guy. The only GM that comes close in the NFL in age to either Trump or Biden is Jerry Jones (and Mike Brown if we include guys that are older than both). I think fan bases of both of those teams would say that the best days of those two are behind them (if one can even say that Mike Brown had "best days").

Dick Lebeau is arguably one of the greatest defensive minds in history and extreme aberration. Even he couldn't make it past 80. As brilliant as Belichick is, should we not anticipate some drop off in his abilities in 12, 13, or 14 years?

In my opinion, both Trump and Biden are too old. It's so weird that supporters on either side are not willing to admit that, so long as it's "their guy." Yet they claim that the opposition leader is showing signs of mental decline.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:47 AM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

I would love to have 2 younger (much younger) candidates. But we don't. Out of the two, Trump seems more at risk to me. He's obese and has a terrible diet, and combines that with no exercise outside of golf. And he has been in a ultra-high pressure job for 3.75 years.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:55 AM   #17
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

And he appears to get little to no sleep based solely on the timing of his published tweets.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:03 PM   #18
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
In my opinion, both Trump and Biden are too old. It's so weird that supporters on either side are not willing to admit that, so long as it's "their guy." Yet they claim that the opposition leader is showing signs of mental decline.

Admit what? That they're "too old"? That's not a fact, that's an opinion. So you want me to admit to an opinion? K
Old 09-01-2020, 12:38 PM   #19
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Except a lot of us have said all along that we'd like younger candidates. I voted for one in the primary. And it was a lot of the talk in the Democratic primary.

But these are the two that are left. And, no, a 63yo Jo Jorgensen or 67yo Howie Hawkins or Kanye West or anyone else are not viable candidates.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-01-2020 at 12:39 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:38 PM   #20
Radii
Head Coach

Regardless of perceived health, I'm not going to bet on anyone who can stay coherent enough to actually get elected (even by current Trump standards) dying in the next 4 years with the protection and medical care available to a sitting president. So this poll is the same as "who do i think wins the election" to me.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 01:18 PM   #21
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Admit what? That they're "too old"? That's not a fact, that's an opinion. So you want me to admit to an opinion? K

Admit that they are on the cognitive decline (and nearing the years where people often see steep declines at that). Sure, every individual is different and we don't have tests on Biden or Trump over the past fifteen to twenty years to conclusively "prove" it. But research on aging suggests that statistically, they likely are.

Average scores on several cognitive tests administered to a large number of people. Long-term declarative memory and working memory decline throughout life, and more so in advanced age. In contrast, knowledge of vocabulary is maintained. (Reproduced, with permission, from Park et al. 1996.)

Old 09-01-2020, 01:55 PM   #22
Edward64
Head Coach

Oh great. Thanks for predicting my future.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 01:56 PM   #23
Edward64
Head Coach

I picked Joe and chuckled at the Kamala option.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:23 PM   #24
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I think it will be the Rock. Don't you smell what he is cooking?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:28 PM   #25
tarcone
Coordinator

Since Trump wins in 2020, I dont think any of those are an option. I imagine it will be some other old white dude.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

Last edited by tarcone : 09-01-2020 at 04:37 PM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:17 PM   #26
JPhillips
General Manager

Pretty much every Biden supporter in this thread has said they wish they had a younger candidate, but they don't and the Biden is senile line is horseshit. Who are these people that won't admit Biden is older than they'd prefer?
Old 09-01-2020, 04:32 PM   #27
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I wish Biden was younger. Heck, I wish I was younger.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #28
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Since Trump wins in 2020, I dont think any of those are an option. I imagine it will be some other old white dude.

Trump would, in that case, still be President until Jan 20, 2025, unless you're saying you think Trump just nopes out immediately after the next election.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #29
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I wish I was younger.

yeah fuck all these guys, what about this
Old 09-01-2020, 07:47 PM   #30
CarterNMA
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
I'll go with Harris. Biden wins the election, restores order for 3 years and then resigns to let Kamala run an an incumbent.

Ditto
CarterNMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:44 AM   #31
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Sure, every individual is different and we don't have tests on Biden or Trump over the past fifteen to twenty years to conclusively "prove" it. But research on aging suggests that statistically, they likely are.

So, you admit that you're wrong!

See, this "admission" stuff is BS.

If the admission is that "people in their late 70's and 80's are generally more cognitively diminished than a younger person", then congrats on your stunning revelation. If the admission is that these 2 guys are "too old" to be president, then you're really ignoring what these statistics say and just projecting your own frustration, aren't you?
Old 09-02-2020, 10:26 AM   #32
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I think it will be the Rock. Don't you smell what he is cooking?

If he promises to drop the national debt to Rock Bottom then he has my vote.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:35 AM   #33
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I picked Trump. I think people are getting exposed to weaponized propaganda on social media.

Trump wins by less than 50k votes in key swing states Ohio, Minnesota, Arizona and Florida.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:43 AM   #34
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
If he promises to drop the national debt to Rock Bottom then he has my vote.

That would definitely raise the peoples eyebrow
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:36 AM   #35
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I would love to have 2 younger (much younger) candidates. But we don't. Out of the two, Trump seems more at risk to me. He's obese and has a terrible diet, and combines that with no exercise outside of golf. And he has been in a ultra-high pressure job for 3.75 years.

Every President ages visibly when in the job. I assume it's the stress. Trump doesn't seem to, probably because Tweeting and watching TV isn't actually doing a job. I'll go with Harris based on that, because Biden will actually *do* something aside from golf, Tweet and eat, and the stress will probably kill him before November 2024
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #36
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Biden. It's been a long time since a President died in the office, and they just don't resign of their own accord. Democrats aren't going to force out a guy who beat Trump and their party chose, and he'd have to screw up in nigh-unfathomable ways to reach a point where the GOP could force him out. He'll still be there unless he's dead, which would be the worst result.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-02-2020 at 11:43 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:47 PM   #37
Danny
Head Coach

It definitely seems likely both trump and biden will have some cognitive decline in their 4 years. I think of the two one is much less likely to do damage as that happens.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote