Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2020, 05:23 PM   #1
Capital
High School Varsity

Anyone have an online mattress? I'm looking to buy one.

Our mattress is nearing the end and I'm considering buying from one of the numerous online mattress companies. However, after looking at many of the sites, it's hard to know what to believe. Basically, I can find something wrong from someone about every mattress.

At least at the moment, we've narrowed it down to Saatva Luxury Firm or a hybrid mattress from Purple or another hybrid company. We're not sure about going 100% memory foam yet.

I'm just curious of the experience anyone has had with the online mattress companies. It seems to be the way to go, but so many reviews may be bought these days. Thanks!

Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 05:32 PM   #2
Atocep
Coordinator

We currently have one on my son's bed that he's had for a couple of years and we just bought one 2 months ago. Both of ours are bed in a box since our desired firmness fit with their mattresses over Purple. We had no problems with either although we read a few reviews and watched videos on the mattress we bought.

If we were buying again it'd 100% be another online mattress. The quality is better than the Sealy it replaced and the prices are though to beat.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 05:40 PM   #3
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
Basically, I can find something wrong from someone about every mattress.

Ha! That was practically the same quote I came up with after mattress shopping myself into mattress paralysis for practically years. You can find someone telling you every single mattress is the best or the worst mattress ever made, if you look through any reviews for more than a couple of minutes.

I ended up ordering a 12" Zinus a few years ago and...it's a mattress, alright. It turned out to be unremarkable and unrevolutionary in every way, unlike whatever the marketing may have implied, but also nothing has ever gone wrong with it & it was much cheaper than buying a 12" memory foam mattress from anywhere nearby, so I can't complain.

Amazon.com: Zinus 12 Inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress / Cooling Gel Foam / Pressure Relieving / CertiPUR-US Certified / Bed-in-a-Box, Queen: Kitchen & Dining
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-30-2020 at 05:42 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 05:52 PM   #4
Butter
Coordinator

We had a great experience with Bear.

We're both side sleepers and overweight, so bought the Bear Hybrid based on online searches. You have 100 day trial before you can return it. I wanted to love it, but there was just too much pressure on my hip when I laid on my side, and my wife said it was "fine".

With 2 days left in the trial, we contacted Bear to tell them we wanted to return it. That process was extremely quick and easy, and got the refund within 2 days of them picking up the mattress, which is not the case in many other websites from what I understand.

We ended up going to a local furniture showroom which brags that you can try out 3 of the famous online brands, Purple, Nectar, and one other. I totally expected to like the Purple, and we did, but the regular old Nectar had the softness we were looking for. Been very happy with that so far, but it's definitely on the softer side.

Last edited by Butter : 08-30-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:28 PM   #5
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If you go Casper, you can get the one for Costco members only. The price difference is so much that it is more cost-effective to buy a Costco membership and then buy the mattress online from them.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:31 PM   #6
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

what do you think of casper mattress
i got the pillow but it lasts about a month before going bad
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #7
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I got one about a year and a half ago from these guys:

Sweet Zzz Official®

Been really happy with it.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:00 PM   #8
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

we got a Casper....the women loved it I hated it, so we sent it back, very seamless....ended up buying a tuft and needle mint, and we are both super happy!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:01 PM   #9
Capital
High School Varsity

Appreciate the conversation. 5 different mattresses in 6 posts. This has become a tough industry with a lot of choices. Didn't know some of the furniture showrooms would show the online companies - although this might not be the best time to try them.
Old 08-30-2020, 07:15 PM   #10
kingfc22
Head Coach

My son has a Tuft and Needle which we’ve had no issues with.
Old 08-30-2020, 07:43 PM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

What's tough is trying to figure out the best mattress for someone who moves around a lot at night and acts out a lot of their in-dream movements. There's no real set position, so most of the information out there is pretty useless. I just know whatever mattress this hotel room is not it - I haven't had a good sleep since I've been here.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:53 PM   #12
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
we got a Casper....the women loved it I hated it, so we sent it back, very seamless....ended up buying a tuft and needle mint, and we are both super happy!

how many women you got in your bed???
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 06:20 AM   #13
Edward64
Head Coach

This thread just reinforces my belief that Mattress Firm is for money laundering.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:51 AM   #14
PilotMan
Head Coach

Shouldn't be to hard to pick one up online.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:50 AM   #15
Capital
High School Varsity

LOL - probably should have rethought the thread title
Old 08-31-2020, 01:11 PM   #16
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

We got a Ghostbed adjustable in a deal through Costco just before Christmas. i like it, but I sleep sitting up, so not sure I'm a great point of reference.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 01:40 PM   #17
Atocep
Coordinator

I think the most important thing when buying a mattress is understanding what type of sleeper you are and buying a mattress that suits you. I'm a side sleeper and my wife is a side and back sleeper. The Sealy we had was a pillow top and incredibly soft. I'd end up on the edge of the bed where it had almost no support and I developed some hip pain while my wife would get back pain because it was too soft. Research told us we needed something more firm but still somewhat soft (something in the 4-5 range) and the bed in a box was what we came up with. Video reviews showed us that it had good edge support and stayed cool.

The first couple weeks had me doubting it because I work up with sore ribs or a sore shoulder most mornings but after talking to the chiropractor my wife sees he said it can take a couple of months for your body to adjust to a different mattress. We're just over 2 months now and I'm sleeping far better than I did with the Sealy and not waking up sore now.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 02:41 PM   #18
MacroGuru
Coordinator

This what we bought, absolutely love it.

Amazon.com: Zinus 12 Inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress / Cooling Gel Foam / Pressure Relieving / CertiPUR-US Certified / Bed-in-a-Box, Queen: Kitchen & Dining
Old 08-31-2020, 04:48 PM   #19
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Online mistress
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:49 PM   #20
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
how many women you got in your bed???
4 regularly...if you count cats!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:10 PM   #21
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I almost purchased a Casper online but we decided to go into a store to try various mattresses out.

The Tempurpedic was our favorite but I'm not paying $5400 for a mattress. Our #2 was the Sealy Sliver Chill plus and that one was $2400 so we went with it.

We like a softer mattress with being as cool as possible as our #1 feature. Really looking forward to 9/18 when it arrives. Our last mattress lasted 12 years but it was finally time to invest in a new one.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:56 PM   #22
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I'm guessing you purchased from Mattress Firm, MizzouRah? I work there and can help anyone out in the future if they'd like some help. We ship basically everywhere and we carry a lot of those online bed in boxes if you're interested or if you want to go into store you can do that too.

Just a heads up MizzouRah, that bed has been really tough to get in from the manufacturer for the last 3 months. It's an awesome bed but they are struggling with getting the raw materials. I have my fingers crossed that it shows up for you on time

Last edited by INDalltheway : 09-02-2020 at 08:57 PM.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:24 AM   #23
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
I'm guessing you purchased from Mattress Firm, MizzouRah? I work there and can help anyone out in the future if they'd like some help. We ship basically everywhere and we carry a lot of those online bed in boxes if you're interested or if you want to go into store you can do that too.

Just a heads up MizzouRah, that bed has been really tough to get in from the manufacturer for the last 3 months. It's an awesome bed but they are struggling with getting the raw materials. I have my fingers crossed that it shows up for you on time

We purchased from Ashley Furniture. Hopefully we do get that bed when it's supposed to arrive, I've been dreaming of that mattress.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #24
Capital
High School Varsity

Anyone know or have owned a Saatva mattress or Helix?
Old 09-03-2020, 09:28 AM   #25
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I know of Saatva - they approached us about a business opportunity. I know it's a high-end mattress but I don't have any first-hand experience.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #26
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We didn't get it online, but we have a Stearns & Foster. Love it. It's so tall my wife almost needs a step stool to get in and out.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:07 AM   #27
Capital
High School Varsity

Ended up buying Saatva Luxury Firm during the Labor Day sale - we'll get it between 2 and 3 weeks. Feel good about the purchase, we'll know for sure in a month.