stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:32 PM   #203
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wow! Great ending!
Old 09-20-2020, 10:44 PM   #204
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So they burned that option goal line play previously on 1st down which got the Jakob Johnson tv. I'd have liked to have that play in the bag for a situation like this. But helluva defensive play for sure.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:59 PM   #205
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

They essentially ran the same play twice before and thought this was like Blake Bell at OU against the Big 12 and it would work every time, no matter what?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 11:27 PM   #206
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah. That and the fact that Bill is going to get Cam killed. I doubt he cares if he gets some W's on the board, but you had to figure having seen that look a bunch they were just going to crash down and every single Pat on that side of the line would have to win a battle to get the score... and they didn't particularly get close. Even if the FB hadn't gotten chopped down there were still lots of big linemen coming through on that play.

Why wouldn't you have an pass option rollout in your pocket for something like that? Just an unimaginative call all around.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 11:34 PM   #207
molson
General Manager

Fun game.

The hindsight is amusing, but if they did anything other than go with Cam there it would have been criticized too. Sometimes guys just make a play.

This was like running it with Lynch at the Super Bowl. Not guaranteed to work, but when they stop your most talented guy and best play, it is what it is and they deserve the W.

Last edited by molson : 09-21-2020 at 12:03 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:53 AM   #208
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Fun game.

The hindsight is amusing, but if they did anything other than go with Cam there it would have been criticized too. Sometimes guys just make a play.

This was like running it with Lynch at the Super Bowl. Not guaranteed to work, but when they stop your most talented guy and best play, it is what it is and they deserve the W.

I feel like the level of failure of the play is a big part of the criticism though - they weren't particularly close, there.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:14 AM   #209
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How do the Falcons of all teams fuck up an onside kick? Koo is an absolute master of the onside kick under modern rules. You'd expect that their guys are well versed in the rules and coverage. They got an onside kick in week 1.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:18 AM   #210
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Also I just love that the talk is that Tyrod Taylor will get the job back if he's healthy. Uhhh, that's not how any of this works, lol.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:32 AM   #211
Ksyrup

My problem with the call is it was basically same formation, shift, motion, etc. You can still run it with Cam but out of a different look. The fact that it worked so easily the 1st 2 times would have scared me out of it because you know they knew it was coming.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-21-2020, 08:00 AM   #212
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Patricia’s won just nine times in 34 tries. You know who had a better record in his first 34 games? Jim Schwartz, and Jim Schwartz was taking over an 0-16 team. Patricia took over for a team that had back-to-back 9 win seasons.

I hate Quinn and Patricia so much. They have driven this thing into the ground. They are that unique combination of incompetence and arrogance.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:40 AM   #213
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Patricia’s won just nine times in 34 tries. You know who had a better record in his first 34 games? Jim Schwartz, and Jim Schwartz was taking over an 0-16 team. Patricia took over for a team that had back-to-back 9 win seasons.

I hate Quinn and Patricia so much. They have driven this thing into the ground. They are that unique combination of incompetence and arrogance.

The way they are losing is also brutal.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:42 AM   #214
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
My problem with the call is it was basically same formation, shift, motion, etc. You can still run it with Cam but out of a different look. The fact that it worked so easily the 1st 2 times would have scared me out of it because you know they knew it was coming.

Lynn should already be fired, but if Taylor starts another game barring injury he should be fired during the first time out. I like Taylor but Herbert looked like he belonged and I watched him a ton in college and knew he was the real deal.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:44 AM   #215
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

What a second half by Dak.. I was shocked when I check my FF team after that game was over.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:48 AM   #216
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

Patricia and Gregg Williams will each go to their graves convinced that they are top-5 all time NFL coaches who just had bad luck.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:51 AM   #217
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 09-21-2020, 09:05 AM   #218
Ksyrup

Someone on my Twitter timeline asked the question, who is the most successful Belichick protege? My question back was, who is the most successful Belichick protege from when Belichick was successful because that rules out the easiest answer (Saban). Is it Bill O'Brien?! How many of these other guys have been complete disasters?
Old 09-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #219
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I haven’t had much time to watch too many games on Sunday. I do wake up around 5 am each morning with my daughter. I have tried to watch “Game Day Final” on the NFL Network to catch some highlights. It’s to worst highlight show I’ve ever seen. It’s unwatchable. I know Prime Time is on ESPN+, which I don’t have, but is there any good Sunday night highlight show?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:17 AM   #220
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

2 nuggets from Sunday

The Lions are the first team to lose 4 straight games whiling having a double digit lead in each game.

Coming into Sunday teams putting up 39 points with zero turnovers like the Falcons did were 440-0.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:14 PM   #221
Ksyrup

Add Courtland Sutton to the list of torn ACLs from yesterday.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:32 PM   #222
tarcone
Coordinator

No training camp or preseason games and pop, pop, pop is heard all over the league.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:32 PM   #223
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:

Seconded. It also hurts that he was basically brought in to make the best of the only decent quarterback we've had in the last 50 years and instead he has absolutely wasted Stafford's peak years and literally broke his back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Patricia and Gregg Williams will each go to their graves convinced that they are top-5 all time NFL coaches who just had bad luck.

After the week one loss someone asked Patricia if he still thought he had 'it' and he was like "I called one of the biggest defensive plays in a super bowl ever, I think I'll be alright!". He's gotta think back to an entirely different team, that he wasn't in charge of, three years ago, in order to come up with evidence of a single good play call, and he's cocky about it.

As far as I know dude is still literally the only head coach consistently late for team and press meetings, so at least he's got that going for him.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 09-21-2020 at 05:33 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:51 PM   #224
stevew
Hall Of Famer

3 coaches fined 100k each and the teams fined 250k for mask infractions. Carroll, Fangio, Shanahan.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:13 PM   #225
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I know play action at the goal line isn't undefeated but it seems to work nearly every time.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:14 PM   #226
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That INT at the end of the half seems to have swung the momentum
Old 09-21-2020, 10:00 PM   #227
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Payton and Gruden are both going to be 100K lighter after this game for no masks.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:02 AM   #228
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
3 coaches fined 100k each and the teams fined 250k for mask infractions. Carroll, Fangio, Shanahan.

Although, after watching Gruden last night, isn't it obvious that his mask does zero good in such a situation? He's walking up to players, putting an arm around them, in their face, talking in their ear ... isn't it obvious that those flimsy, gapped, cloth rags they're wearing would do jack squat to protect that player? If Chucky got the COVID, that player got the COVID, mask or no.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:10 AM   #229
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'm a huge proponent of masks.

And I think that the NFL mask thing is kind of silly theater.

If you are in the team's bubble and being tested every few days, then you shouldn't need a mask.

If you are outside the team's bubble, then you shouldn't be interacting with the team.

The "we kind of wear masks, but we kind of don't wear masks" thing they have going on just confuses the issue, IMO.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:11 AM   #230
Ksyrup

As a Broncos fan, I'm fast-forwarding to like 2024. Chiefs are great, SD found a good young QB it appears, and the Raiders are even good. Between the Broncos, Lions and Seminoles, I think I'm going to switch from watching football to cornhole.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:24 AM   #231
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Justin Herbert coming in at the last minute and looking like an NFL QB shows that we still don't know anything about evaluating college QBs.

All I read about him during the draft is that he was likely a bust and--at best--he was really raw and not ready to start.

But he has the equivalent of 1/3 of an offseason and two weeks of practice, all with backup-level reps. And he looks good.

None of this makes any sense, which is just how the NFL likes it. Best reality show on TV and all that.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:41 AM   #232
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Well that solves that mystery

Ouch
Old 09-23-2020, 10:42 AM   #233
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Also, goes without saying, but football players are tough as fuck.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:44 AM   #234
miami_fan
Coordinator

Is that why the HC said Taylor will get his job back when he is healthy? This takes losing your job to injury to a different level.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #235
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Justin Herbert coming in at the last minute and looking like an NFL QB shows that we still don't know anything about evaluating college QBs.

All I read about him during the draft is that he was likely a bust and--at best--he was really raw and not ready to start.

But he has the equivalent of 1/3 of an offseason and two weeks of practice, all with backup-level reps. And he looks good.

None of this makes any sense, which is just how the NFL likes it. Best reality show on TV and all that.

Herbert intrigued me. Watching Oregon games the ceiling was obviously there, but the consistency wasn't. He also played in 4 different offenses while there, which is going to have an impact. He was guy that with the right coaching you could see succeeding.

Overall, though, I 100% agree that we don't know shit about quarterbacks. The list of guys succeeding while going against what we thought we knew just keeps growing.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:17 AM   #236
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Is that why the HC said Taylor will get his job back when he is healthy? This takes losing your job to injury to a different level.

Well, he likely can also sue the fuck out of them.
Old 09-24-2020, 06:37 PM   #237
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I hope there’s 700 yards passing tonight. #Minchew #Fitzpatrick
Old 09-24-2020, 07:41 PM   #238
QuikSand
lolzcat

Mrs Q has been mumble singing the Stones’ “Miss You” but with the words Gardner Minshew... and I think she’s onto something.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:14 PM   #239
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, that's pretty good.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:43 PM   #240
thesloppy
Pro Starter

And the phone rings. It's just a friend of mine, saying "What's the matter man? We got some defensive ends that are just dyyyyyyyying to meetchoo"
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:45 PM   #241
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Mrs Q has been mumble singing the Stones’ “Miss You” but with the words Gardner Minshew... and I think she’s onto something.

This is excellent on many levels.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:06 PM   #242
QuikSand
lolzcat

It’s been like a livin hell
No one good since Mark Brunell
Gardner Minshew
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:21 PM   #243
tarcone
Coordinator

BS disqualification. Grow some skin, ref

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:30 PM   #244
bhlloy
Coordinator

The refereeing tonight has been befitting the Florida Sadness Bowl on a Thursday night. Absolutely awful.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:53 PM   #245
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Joe Burrow just got crushed.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:26 PM   #246
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

One of these years I'd love a season where the Bears QB isn't (rightfully) shit on by announcers all game.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #247
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I dislike the rule where if the refs call the play wrong, and then on review get it right, but the right result means the ball stayed in play, you have to have a 10 second runoff (or timeout).

I get the logic behind it. But it seems unfair to the offense to get the play wrong and then effectively penalize them by not giving them the chance to clock it within 10 seconds.

Should be a 5 second runoff, IMO.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:48 PM   #248
bhlloy
Coordinator

When Jared Goff is trash, he really is absolute trash. Like it feels like on at least 1/3rd of his starts, you'd be better off just throwing a dart at a list of backup QBs and going with whoever it lands on.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #249
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
When Jared Goff is trash, he really is absolute trash. Like it feels like on at least 1/3rd of his starts, you'd be better off just throwing a dart at a list of backup QBs and going with whoever it lands on.

aka The UGA QB Picker Method lol
Old 09-27-2020, 02:02 PM   #250
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We got ourselves a Foles sighting.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote