Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
RainMaker
General Manager

If you think you're having a bad day, at least you aren't Jeffrey Toobin

Pretty tough to come back from this one.

New Yorker Suspends Jeffrey Toobin for Masturbating on Zoom Call

RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:34 PM   #2
spleen1015
Coordinator

Old 10-19-2020, 08:34 PM   #3
spleen1015
Coordinator

Dola,

I'm sure I'll be making/hearing lots of Toobin jokes on calls the next few days.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:40 PM   #4
JediKooter
Coordinator

I wonder how many times the author of the story had check, double check and then triple check every time they typed 'election'.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:52 PM   #5
PilotMan
Head Coach

I don't even think "I'm sorry, I thought the camera and mic were off" excuse actually works here. Because the actual questions then becomes, how involved were you in this discussion? And is your schedule so busy that you needed THIS time to yourself? And this seems like a rather unprofessional effort. And were you trying to win a bet? Which then leads to, I wonder how many kids in class have done this (jerked off in class with their camera and mic off)? Or how many teachers? (I really hope it's zero.)

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:18 PM   #6
Edward64
Head Coach

What an idiot.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:49 PM   #7
miami_fan
Coordinator

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizwomen....html?page=all

Quote:
The Fishbowl survey asked users, "Do you wear pants while on video conference calls?"

Here’s what they discovered:

1 out of 10 people (9.6%) wear only underwear below the belt during video conference calls. The gender breakdown probably won't surprise you — men answered that they video conference in their underwear at more than three times a higher rate than women at 14.27% vs 4.72%
Only 3% of professionals wear professional attire in video meetings
75.20% answered with pajamas, sweats, shorts, or leggings
12.50% answered with jeans
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:51 PM   #8
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

There's a pretty big difference between, say, shorts or jeans and underwear

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-19-2020 at 09:51 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:57 PM   #9
molson
General Manager

I bought his great book The Nine at a library book sale years ago and finally read it a couple of weeks ago. I didn't notice at the time, but it's autographed on the cover page. Do you think maybe its worth more now?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:03 PM   #10
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It will never be worth more than it is now. I would sell it, just don’t let anyone jerk you around on the price.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:11 PM   #11
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I don't even think "I'm sorry, I thought the camera and mic were off" excuse actually works here. Because the actual questions then becomes, how involved were you in this discussion? And is your schedule so busy that you needed THIS time to yourself? And this seems like a rather unprofessional effort. And were you trying to win a bet? Which then leads to, I wonder how many kids in class have done this (jerked off in class with their camera and mic off)? Or how many teachers? (I really hope it's zero.)

Sounds like he was in a big meeting and then they broke into smaller groups. He wasn't in any of the smaller groups so he decided to use that downtime to crank one out. Didn't realize he was still in the room when the other people came back.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:25 PM   #12
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:

Honestly, since this whole COVID-19/work from home thing, the sheer volume of 30/60 mins calls I find myself in with next to nil to contribute belies belief. Like, what used to be someone coming over and talking to one person for 5 mins in the office now is a 30 minute scheduled call that flies off into random unproductive tangents quickly. I will clarify that I do not however decide to do that... much more likely to throw CKIII on in the background.
Old 10-20-2020, 01:23 AM   #13
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Sounds like he was in a big meeting and then they broke into smaller groups. He wasn't in any of the smaller groups so he decided to use that downtime to crank one out. Didn't realize he was still in the room when the other people came back.

I guess that's better than there being a particular identifiable target of his...uh, passion...on the zoom with him.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:52 AM   #14
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My cousin Walter jerked off in public once.
True story.

He was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane started spinning around, going out of control, so he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, *Snap* the hydraulics kick back in.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:01 AM   #15
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It also sounds like he was broadcasting to someone else. They said it looked like he was on another video call, and he then switch the angle to show his penis before dropping out. He might have meant to have the video on for one call and not the other.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:05 AM   #16
GrantDawg

Quote:
...Which then leads to, I wonder how many kids in class have done this (jerked off in class with their camera and mic off)? Or how many teachers? (I really hope it's zero.)
I think we can know this has happened at least with students. The worst thing I have heard so far was this: Girl’s teacher saw 7-year-old being sexually assaulted during e-learning session, Chicago police say - Chicago Tribune
Old 10-20-2020, 06:52 AM   #17
Bee
Pro Starter

Don't worry guys, I'm sure Toobin has this well in hand.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:08 AM   #18
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Honestly, since this whole COVID-19/work from home thing, the sheer volume of 30/60 mins calls I find myself in with next to nil to contribute belies belief. Like, what used to be someone coming over and talking to one person for 5 mins in the office now is a 30 minute scheduled call that flies off into random unproductive tangents quickly. I will clarify that I do not however decide to do that... much more likely to throw CKIII on in the background.

Amen to this. I am now having principal conferences go virtual where the entire day is a Zoom meeting. 8 hours with a one hour break for lunch. Much of it you are just listening with breakout sessions to various discuss topics. I'm shocked at how many people leave their cameras on during the lectures. They would be appalled if they would see what they do during a 90 min lecture. I always make sure my camera is off and I am muted until the breakout session starts. Still, what would possess someone to even try this in front of a computer during any meeting? Is there a thrill in that?
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:20 AM   #19
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
My cousin Walter jerked off in public once.
True story.

He was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane started spinning around, going out of control, so he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, *Snap* the hydraulics kick back in.

Since no one else is going to do it....

Well, did he cum, or what?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:12 AM   #20
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Amen to this. I am now having principal conferences go virtual where the entire day is a Zoom meeting. 8 hours with a one hour break for lunch. Much of it you are just listening with breakout sessions to various discuss topics. I'm shocked at how many people leave their cameras on during the lectures. They would be appalled if they would see what they do during a 90 min lecture. I always make sure my camera is off and I am muted until the breakout session starts. Still, what would possess someone to even try this in front of a computer during any meeting? Is there a thrill in that?

Just speculating here, but I'm guessing he thought he was muted with camera off, right? But there's never a way to be 100% sure - like 99% sure, but never 100% sure. So, uh, just don't do it, man.

I'm guessing Toobin is going to quickly become a new euphemism for, um, pleasuring one's self during a conference call. And, you know, as far as names go- that's a pretty good one. "Toobin" sounds like something you could be doing while on a Zoom meeting.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-20-2020 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:30 AM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien

Who's Toobin' Who?
Old 10-20-2020, 10:05 AM   #22
JPhillips
General Manager

I think, would you do this at the office, is a pretty good standard for at home work.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:12 AM   #23
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I think, would you do this at the office, is a pretty good standard for at home work.

Well actually

There are surveys out that say about a third of people admit to masturbating at work. I doubt they do it in the meeting rooms so I guess if you are stating what part of the office in your standard, you are correct.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 10-20-2020, 12:01 PM   #24
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Since no one else is going to do it....

Well, did he cum, or what?

Jesus Christ, man. There's just some things you don't talk about in public.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #25
Critch
lolzcat

The only zoom video call I've ever had was bingo night with my mother and sister. Thankfully I didnt give in to temptation and have a quick Toobin that night.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #26
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Jesus Christ, man. There's just some things you don't talk about in public.

He should probably save those kind of questions for a Zoom call or something.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:34 PM   #27
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
The only zoom video call I've ever had was bingo night with my mother and sister. Thankfully I didnt give in to temptation and have a quick Toobin that night.

You were tempted to Toobin by bingo night with your mother and sister?
Old 10-20-2020, 03:20 PM   #28
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Well actually

There are surveys out that say about a third of people admit to masturbating at work. I doubt they do it in the meeting rooms so I guess if you are stating what part of the office in your standard, you are correct.

Wait... What?!?

SI

Old 10-20-2020, 04:17 PM   #29
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jeffrey Toobin playing the courts.

Oh c'mon, Toobin was just getting in character!
Old 10-20-2020, 10:01 PM   #30
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Wait... What?!?

SI
This one is addresses our current working from home situation. Maybe they are also in their Zoom meetings

35 Percent of Men and 17 Percent of Women Masturbate While ‘Working From Home’

Quote:
From the survey respondents, 35 percent of men and 17 percent of women admitted that they’d been masturbating during work hours—and only a quarter of those felt guilty about it. Younger respondents were typically more likely to have done so, with most of the wankers (31.3 percent) sitting in the 18 to 24 age bracket. About a quarter of those who admitted to masturbating while “working” were aged 35 to 44; the age brackets of 45 to 54 and 55 to 64 accounted for about 21 percent of the wankers each; while 8.3 percent were aged 65 to 74.

This one is a bit older and is more geared to the office.

Glamour's 2012 Guy Survey: 1,000 Men Fess Up To the Shocking, Sexual and Occasional Sweet Things They Do | Glamour

Quote:
OK, let's get right to the good stuff. Where, of these places, have you masturbated? (Select all that apply.)

At work: 31%

While visiting my parents' house: 31%

At a party: 10%

While driving: 24%

None of the above: 48% (to which we say thank you, cubicle mate, for not going there!)

YMMV
Old 10-20-2020, 11:01 PM   #31
Drake
assmaster

I've had sex at work, but can't say I ever thought about just jerking it.

(Before anyone gets all excited, the sex wasn't in my "professional" life. We're talking back in high school and college in the stock room. Teenagers are gonna teenager.)
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:19 AM   #32
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

24% "while driving"? Maybe that helps explain some bad drivers

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-21-2020 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:07 AM   #33
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:12 AM   #34
Kodos
Resident Alien

Maybe Pilotman can let us know how often pilots take care of things.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:13 AM   #35
miami_fan
Coordinator

This is not masturbation related. I want to show how comfortable people are working from home.

Dresscode survey: 1 in 3 admit working-from-home naked

Quote:
"We did find that 29 percent of workers work naked when working from home. Did that surprise me? That’s probably one of the words I would associate with my response to that. No, it didn’t surprise me. I think what surprised me is that people were so honest about the fact that they were working naked while working from home. I imagine that people weren’t working the full day naked. My guess is that there were some experiences where perhaps they had to and they answered the question with that in mind," said DuDell.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:28 AM   #36
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I am clearly doing this whole "work from home" thing wrong. Sure, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt most days, but I log in, get work done, occasionally check the internet (like at work, really), and generally work as if I were, you know, at work. We're homeschooling a kindergartner so that cuts about another hour and a half out of my day. But I'm not walking around naked or pleasuring myself during meetings so I guess I'm not living my fullest life.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-21-2020 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:30 AM   #37
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

A better question might be, has Pilotman ever not ejaculated during lift off?
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:34 AM   #38
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
I am clearly doing this whole "work from home" thing wrong. Sure, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt most days, but I log in, get work done, occasionally check the internet (like at work, really), and generally work as if I were, you know, at work. We're homeschooling a kindergartner so that cuts about another hour and a half out of my day. But I'm not walking around naked or pleasuring myself during meetings so I guess I'm not living my fullest life.

SI

No kidding. I've been working from home for almost 10 years (I have an hour commute so I've been allowed to work 3-4 days a week from home), and I generally get more done at home than at work. In fact, if anything, I'm more attentive at home to things like email and calls because if you call someone at home and they don't answer, it's a lot easier for people to think that person isn't actually working than if that happens in the office. So I'm pretty aware of that.

I generally have the basement to myself, so I guess I have a pretty good employee/bachelor pad set-up. That said, I can't ever recall being naked outside of my bathroom/bedroom, for any reason.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-21-2020 at 08:35 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:37 AM   #39
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Underlying all this is this idea that Toobin is some kind of irreplaceable talent for CNN. Which is just wrong.

I think that every major on-air political and sports commentator could go away and be replaced by the next in line, and after a week we'd be fine with it.

"Do you miss SVP?" "Yeah, but the new guy's pretty good; he's growing on me."

"Do you miss the original Fox and Friends hosts?" "I did at first, but I really like the new people now."
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #40
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
if you call someone at home and they don't answer, it's a lot easier for people to think that person isn't actually working than if that happens in the office

100% this. I mean, there are days when I have fewer pressing work tasks than others, but I'm pretty much always at my table in the basement where I have things set up unless I am grabbing coffee, food, or in the bathroom.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:41 AM   #41
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
No kidding. I've been working from home for almost 10 years (I have an hour commute so I've been allowed to work 3-4 days a week from home), and I generally get more done at home than at work. In fact, if anything, I'm more attentive at home to things like email and calls because if you call someone at home and they don't answer, it's a lot easier for people to think that person isn't actually working than if that happens in the office. So I'm pretty aware of that.

I generally have the basement to myself, so I guess I have a pretty good employee/bachelor pad set-up. That said, I can't ever recall being naked outside of my bathroom/bedroom, for any reason.

My seems to have this amazing timing to always call when I'm in the bathroom. It's uncanny.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-21-2020 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:31 AM   #42
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

I'll never lend a hand.

Like Steam?

Old 10-21-2020, 11:33 AM   #43
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
My seems to have this amazing timing to always call when I'm in the bathroom. It's uncanny.

SI

Which leads me to the guys who are on speaker phone, pissing in the urinal, at the airport, with a line of guys behind them and every stall filled. I'm like, are you fucking serious? You really needed to be on that call right now?

Like Steam?

Old 10-21-2020, 11:35 AM   #44
PilotMan
Head Coach

I may be guilty of some part of this whole conversation but I will also say I was 17/18 at the time and had the store to myself.

Like Steam?

Old 10-21-2020, 02:16 PM   #45
GrantDawg

Quote:
From every movie I have ever seen, it is with the flight attendant. Which begs the question, why do movies seem to portray flight attendants and pilots as sluts?
Old 10-21-2020, 02:36 PM   #46
spleen1015
Coordinator

Probably because they are?
Old 10-21-2020, 02:39 PM   #47
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Probably because they are?
Come on! Pilotman is not a slut......that we know of
Old 10-21-2020, 03:16 PM   #48
PilotMan
Head Coach

Pilot, flight attendant, manager, waitress, yes, it happens a lot (my wife was the hostess, I was the manager pre airline). It happens a lot in aviation, because how often are you on downtime, with access to alcohol and a paid hotel room?

It's opportunity more than anything. Oh, and douchebags who cheat.

Like Steam?

Old 10-21-2020, 04:59 PM   #49
Silver Owl
High School JV

Soooooo ... Whats the problem again?
Silver Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:31 PM   #50
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Owl View Post
Soooooo ... Whats the problem again?

Nothing as long as the Mrs is on board with whatever you're up to or you're down with whatever she's doing.

Like Steam?