Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #1601
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

My favorite was the tweet by the woman who was like that's why I wear Converse!! And then it was pointed out to her that Nike owns Converse .
Old 09-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #1602
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Seriously. I mean, who combines their two last names to make a new one??

It's not standard practice, but it has been picking up steam in recent decades.

Y'know Clay Dreslough, of Baseball Mogul fame? His last name is such an example.

Antonio Villaraigosa, former mayor of Los Angeles? He and his (I believe, ex-) wife did that as well. Villar and Raigosa were the originals, IIRC.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:31 PM   #1603
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Do you honestly think Nike didn't conduct massive amounts of market research before rolling this out?

The mouth breathers screaming about this are about as far from their target audience as you can get. Those people shop at pay less and Walmart and will make zero difference in the bottom line.

I don't doubt that they did. But these type of angered audiences are probably not as predictable as some would think.

Sure the Poors weren't buying Nikes anyways but the coaches, athletic directors, and generally non-overly political middle class might steer their teams/kids into different brands.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:11 PM   #1604
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I don't doubt that they did. But these type of angered audiences are probably not as predictable as some would think.

Sure the Poors weren't buying Nikes anyways but the coaches, athletic directors, and generally non-overly political middle class might steer their teams/kids into different brands.

I highly doubt that. I think the market research for this was probably about as predictable as you can get, and based off my Facebook and twitter feeds I would be right.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #1605
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
It's not standard practice, but it has been picking up steam in recent decades.

Y'know Clay Dreslough, of Baseball Mogul fame? His last name is such an example.

Antonio Villaraigosa, former mayor of Los Angeles? He and his (I believe, ex-) wife did that as well. Villar and Raigosa were the originals, IIRC.

This wasn't intended to be a serious question, but a light-hearted jab.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:11 PM   #1606
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
My favorite was the tweet by the woman who was like that's why I wear Converse!! And then it was pointed out to her that Nike owns Converse .

Not to mention...

https://www.nflshop.com/jerseys/d-2337111224+z-906686-2704878006?ab={wt-static_graphic}{pt-homepage}{al-B2}{ct-Jerseys}
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:24 AM   #1607
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Nike down almost 4B in market cap

Last edited by stevew : 09-05-2018 at 12:24 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #1608
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Nike down almost 4B in market cap

Nike down 2.5%

Adidas down 2.4%
Puma down 1.8%
Asics down 1.5%
Foot Locker down 2%
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:46 PM   #1609
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
This wasn't intended to be a serious question, but a light-hearted jab.

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #1610
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Do you honestly think Nike didn't conduct massive amounts of market research before rolling this out?

The mouth breathers screaming about this are about as far from their target audience as you can get. Those people shop at pay less and Walmart and will make zero difference in the bottom line.

Well there's no sense wearing them fancy shoes when we just gonna be pickin up the trash you so kindly leave on the theater floor so we got something to do while collectin our minimum wage.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:56 PM   #1611
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

A good friend of mine from law school - who was always a bargain-hunter - posted this just a few minutes ago:

Today was my 30th visit to Olive Garden in 19 days. My Pasta Pass cost me $100, but so far, got me ($14.79/visit x 30 visits =) $443.70 in pasta. Pass expires 11/18. Hope to visit another 30 times by then.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #1612
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
A good friend of mine from law school - who was always a bargain-hunter - posted this just a few minutes ago:

Today was my 30th visit to Olive Garden in 19 days. My Pasta Pass cost me $100, but so far, got me ($14.79/visit x 30 visits =) $443.70 in pasta. Pass expires 11/18. Hope to visit another 30 times by then.

I hope, at least, that this guy is a good tipper. 'Cause otherwise he probably shouldn't be eating there that much.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:20 PM   #1613
Ksyrup

Ha! I said the same thing. If you don't tip well, you'll be getting a few extra ingredients in your pasta.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #1614
tarcone
Coordinator

I would like to see how his health has changed over that time period.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #1615
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

$443.70 in pasta and diabetes.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:54 PM   #1616
tarcone
Coordinator

This is long, but I think worth the read, if you can get through it.
We recently had $95000 embezzled from our HOA by one of the trustees. He drained the account. Someone got on FB and posted a joking post about raising funds to pay off bills that went unpaid.

A woman in our subdivision responded. This is one of many of her gems.

" My kids have a big coffee pot we can always sell coffee and Donuts with the eggs. I'm looking at a nice chicken coop at Orscheln's been looking at it all summer waiting to be discounted- to go down in price or maybe I can just have my husband and son build me one. My friend in town bought one for $250 and then built a built in yard within the coop so the chickens all stay within the coop. Very good to have fresh food INSTEAD OF eating all this fake food and paYINHigh bucks for organic food in stores. I planted a whole bunch of fruit trees out IN my woodeD area and every single plant around my house is edible. Also make sure for natural disasters such as the grid going down not having electricity for five or six weeks due to aN iCE storM more possible toORNADO, it's always good to have at least 6 months of food on hand and water. water is very important cuz IT would be hard to come by. With the APPNTMNT of Kevin CAVANAUGH TO THE COURT I know it's off the beaten path ... HOWEVER Trump's been COMMUNICATING to certain groups of people that there might be some rioting in major cities and he may have to take down the grid depending on how bad it gets so he's been wanting certain groups of people to be prepared and tell others. I work for Josh Hawley campaign and I worked on Trump's campaign and have access to this information and he say make sure folks have food water , food for at least 6 months and water for 6 months. So the last couple months I've been going through my basement stuff and making sure I have enough of everything including like cleaning products toothbrushes toothpaste deodorant pretty much everything that I use every day in medicine. I'm a 15-year homeopath and keep enough medicine in hand..."

She continues

"I have enough medicine in my basement and I have medicine for Ebola the plague certain flu viruses the CDC is concocting. All remedies for what we vaccinate for, . The CDC doctors up the flu in the vaccines every year . We homeopaths will get ahead of time a vial of the flu virus and the Homeopathsare able to figure the doctored up virus and make a remedy from it. So that way we're all on top of the flu season. anyway all the stuff is good for when you have a natural disaster that's what I tell my husband so I won't get yeledl at due to my basemnt being full of camping equipment LOL. And it's good to have extra stuff for neighbors and anyone who comes to your door demanding some stuff. So now you know I'm a prepper...which is illegal and some government document I think it's within the health insurance program because Nancy Pelosi said "lets just pass the bill and will read it later ."I think it's on there we're not allowed to Garden or hoard things period in government pass some kind of executive order that they can take over your food and water personally periods good thing we have a nicer president this time around"

Old 10-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #1617
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

sounds stable
Old 10-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #1618
Ksyrup

The treasurer or anyone with signatory authority on an organization bank account ought to be bonded.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:21 PM   #1619
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
The treasurer or anyone with signatory authority on an organization bank account ought to be bonded.

We had a company that handled the money and was supposed to protect us. They were cutting this guy checks. Without any other person knowing. The guy faked the financial sheets he shared with the rest of the board and subdivision.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:08 PM   #1620
cuervo72
Head Coach

Pasta is still about a buck a pound (or less) at the store, right?

Last edited by cuervo72 : 10-13-2018 at 09:08 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #1621
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
We had a company that handled the money and was supposed to protect us. They were cutting this guy checks. Without any other person knowing. The guy faked the financial sheets he shared with the rest of the board and subdivision.

How was the board signing off on the money he was supposedly spending on HOA expenses? We've got a management company, but I don't see how any board member could submit expenses to get reimbursed without the other board members needing to approve it. Sounds like a breakdown across the board, from the board itself to and especially the management company. They have to be liable for making sure that the money that is spent is approved, since they hold the money.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:39 PM   #1622
JPhillips
General Manager

Repurposing a 9/11 image to martyr Trump.