Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2020, 01:48 PM   #801
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Subterranean chatter in the area is ... not complimentary. This might be the major one that leads to a forfeit, punishment, or even jeopardizes the season.

Or... the one that definitively proves "the show must go on" is more important than the individuals involved in the production.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:57 PM   #802
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, definitely true. I'd judge the NFL rapid response as a measure of how serious-seeming the rumor mill is in this case.

If it turns out the Ravens franchise (or any other) engaged in a cover-up and knowingly exposed other teams and coaches in order to maintain their roster, etc -- that's a dimension on beyond just football and the business.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:08 PM   #803
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Ouch Burrow.

ACL, MCL, and "other" structural issues, is the official word.

Oooooh. That sucks, and I don't even like the Bungles.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:10 PM   #804
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Well, definitely true. I'd judge the NFL rapid response as a measure of how serious-seeming the rumor mill is in this case.

If it turns out the Ravens franchise (or any other) engaged in a cover-up and knowingly exposed other teams and coaches in order to maintain their roster, etc -- that's a dimension on beyond just football and the business.

That sounds like a Belichick thing to do.

Maybe the Harbaugh brothers just need to go away.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:05 PM   #805
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Oooooh. That sucks, and I don't even like the Bungles.

Me too. I've gotten to the point that I HATE seeing anybody get hurt playing, no matter the team. I used to call for blood as a young kid, but now, I just want guys to be able to play and enjoy their careers.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #806
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Me too. I've gotten to the point that I HATE seeing anybody get hurt playing, no matter the team. I used to call for blood as a young kid, but now, I just want guys to be able to play and enjoy their careers.

I felt terrible for him and I have a 14-1 ticket on Herbert to be ROY.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:51 PM   #807
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sorry Bengals fans.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:18 PM   #808
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I love that NFL Apparel ad that has a bunch of young people vogueing and posing in hip looking hoodies and clothing and then in the middle of that there's just a shot of a regular fat, old white dude in a Browns jersey.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:36 PM   #809
Ksyrup

Did Goff just one-up Carr with a Curry audible?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-24-2020, 12:37 PM   #810
Ksyrup

STOP THE TESTING!

Old 11-24-2020, 12:38 PM   #811
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Former Syracuse Defensive Back Markus Paul Passes Away per Former Player
Old 11-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #812
miami_fan
Coordinator

It is going to be an old school Thanksgiving football schedule. The Steelers v Ravens game has been moved to Sunday. If I remember correctly, everyone switched to Ole Miss v Miss State after the Cowboys game.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:04 PM   #813
miami_fan
Coordinator

Baltimore Ravens-Pittsburgh Steelers moved to Sunday after positive tests
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-25-2020, 12:12 PM   #814
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
It is going to be an old school Thanksgiving football schedule. The Steelers v Ravens game has been moved to Sunday. If I remember correctly, everyone switched to Ole Miss v Miss State after the Cowboys game.

Sadly the only CFB game on Thursday night is New Mexico at Utah State, two 0-4 teams playing each other
Old 11-25-2020, 12:38 PM   #815
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Sadly the only CFB game on Thursday night is New Mexico at Utah State, two 0-4 teams playing each other

If America's football addiction were like an actual drug addiction, watching that game on Thanksgiving night is the equivalent of sifting through the cat litter to see if some loose grains of crystal meth fell into it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:47 AM   #816
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

No Golladay. No Swift. No Amendola. On behalf of the fans of this shitty franchise, I apologize for the football y’all will be forced to watch this afternoon.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:18 PM   #817
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Cowboys would have a better record if they started the game down 10 points and picked a fan off the streets to be the head coach.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:25 PM   #818
bhlloy
Coordinator

This WFT defense feels like it has a chance to be pretty good. Riverboat Ron is a solid coach and Gibson, McLaurin and the O-Line are solid. Really just a QB away from being a pretty good team, of course that’s the hardest thing to find.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:50 PM   #819
Ksyrup

Lamar Jackson tested positive.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:18 PM   #820
Ksyrup

Old 11-26-2020, 07:46 PM   #821
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Should be a forfeit for the Ravens
Old 11-26-2020, 07:47 PM   #822
bhlloy
Coordinator

For everyone's safety = our starting QB can't play and so we'll get absolutely killed in a key divisional matchup.

This one has to be a forfeit for the Steelers anyway, surely? Given that the Ravens basically admitted already that their staffer started the outbreak.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:10 PM   #823
Thomkal
Head Coach

WR Larry Fitzgerald and one other Cards WR test positive and won't play against NE on Sunday. Leaving them with 4 healthy receivers at the moment.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:12 AM   #824
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

As fuel for the "Show must go on" mantra, the 49ers were down multiple skill position players to positive COVID tests a few weeks back and they weren't allowed to move their Thursday game to Sunday.

Felt especially good when they turned out to be false positives.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:05 AM   #825
QuikSand
lolzcat

The NFL is seemingly very reluctant to exercise its power to impose a forfeit. But here it is, with a very high profile game. I’m a fan of the Ravens, but this looks like the test case thus far.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:40 PM   #826
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I think once they let the Titans off without a forfeit it now handcuffs them.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #827
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So much, to me, depends on what that staff member did. If he reported w/in 13 hours instead of 12 or something, then I'd be against a forfeit.

But if he actively tried to cover up or something, then it seems like a forfeit sends the right message.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:44 PM   #828
miami_fan
Coordinator

And now Tuesday Night Football.

Baltimore Ravens-Pittsburgh Steelers game moved to Tuesday; Ravens-Dallas Cowboys game moved to Dec. 7
Old 11-27-2020, 04:49 PM   #829
Ksyrup

I hope they play on Tuesday and I hope the system that's supposed to drop a couple of inches of snow on Kentucky is timed perfectly for PA on Tuesday evening.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:24 PM   #830
miami_fan
Coordinator

NFL closing team facilities Monday and Tuesday amid coronavirus spike, holiday guests
Old 11-27-2020, 09:41 PM   #831
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
The NFL is seemingly very reluctant to exercise its power to impose a forfeit. But here it is, with a very high profile game. I’m a fan of the Ravens, but this looks like the test case thus far.

Old 11-27-2020, 09:47 PM   #832
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

For a league that makes billions this seems like a terrible way for guys to hide symptoms.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:10 AM   #833
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

An incentive to screw players over, even

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:13 PM   #834
bronconick
College Starter

Quinntricia fired in Detroit.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:13 PM   #835
Kodos
Resident Alien

Patricia has been fired.
Old 11-28-2020, 02:23 PM   #836
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

A good day to be a Lions fan!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #837
thesloppy
Pro Starter

ding dong the witch is dead
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:19 PM   #838
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not sure it's that good a day. I mean it needed to happen, they deserved to go, but the Lions are the graveyard of many things including successful coaches. Fontes, Ross, Mariuicci, etc. -- they all won elsewhere, then came to Detroit and ... the rest is history.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:25 PM   #839
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Wonder what job Patrica gets next. By all accounts, he's a prickly guy, so I don't see him getting a job based on some other head coach liking him.

And I think he did such a bad job that I don't see him being a hot coordinator candidate.

I'm thinking that he ends up falling all the way from head coach down to position coach.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:13 PM   #840
Ksyrup

Broncos have no eligible QBs for Sunday. Ravens get their game postponed, Broncos forced to suit Elway up.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:25 PM   #841
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Wonder what job Patrica gets next. By all accounts, he's a prickly guy, so I don't see him getting a job based on some other head coach liking him.

And I think he did such a bad job that I don't see him being a hot coordinator candidate.

I'm thinking that he ends up falling all the way from head coach down to position coach.
Yeah, idk if New England would even want him back - not that he'd be terrible in the special assistant role or he burned bridges, but I'm.not sure he has the personality to do that while Belichick's son is kinda groomed for the job (maybe?)

Not sure he ever had a relationship with Crennel & he's interim anyways - maybe Flores would have him on staff next year for a season? Would it work if he was with like a Zac Taylor in Cincy?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:28 PM   #842
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Broncos have no eligible QBs for Sunday. Ravens get their game postponed, Broncos forced to suit Elway up.
Is this definitely happening? I was able to pick up Royce Freeman, debating starting him vs Damien Harris at RB. Think I'll still go with Harris, but in a weaker week that could be an interesting swing - we just saw ESPN had to remove Taysom Hill's TE eligibility, but this clearly wouldn't be a multiple week move for Freeman (and RB is much stronger than TE)
Old 11-28-2020, 06:47 PM   #843
Ksyrup

Former Wake Forest QB Kendall Hinton will be the starter, but Freeman, Jeudy, etc., will probably all take snaps. Depends on how creative they can get (or want to be).
Old 11-28-2020, 06:49 PM   #844
Ksyrup

In all seriousness, what decides play vs postone? Patriots lost Cam, game was postponed. Broncos have no QBs but are being forced to play. At this point, it might make more sense to gin up some more positive tests so they can claim Ravens status and get the game postponed.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:55 PM   #845
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
In all seriousness, what decides play vs postone? Patriots lost Cam, game was postponed. Broncos have no QBs but are being forced to play. At this point, it might make more sense to gin up some more positive tests so they can claim Ravens status and get the game postponed.
It seems like the team outside the playoff picture being set up to fail isn't an issue. Ravens/Steelers was a Marquee TV game, so different rules.

I also think despite aspersions by some calling the Ravens actions Belichickian that the NFL was pressured into postponing that Patriots game because Belichick shut down the facility instead of toeing the line. Belichick pushes football rule lines, he's not endangering players health.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 11-28-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:03 PM   #846
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I'm not sure it's that good a day. I mean it needed to happen, they deserved to go, but the Lions are the graveyard of many things including successful coaches. Fontes, Ross, Mariuicci, etc. -- they all won elsewhere, then came to Detroit and ... the rest is history.

Patricia got the job because Quinn likes him and NE , though. Of all the Belichick coordinator HC failures (of which there are many), Patricia left right after his Patriot defense got slaughtered by farking Nick Foles. The next season, New England held the Rams to three points. He'll be a position coach next year
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 07:05 PM   #847
bhlloy
Coordinator

The honest answer seems to be $$$ - the Broncos are pretty much out of the playoffs and they’ve already pushed one game from Sunday to Tuesday.

The cynic in me suggests nobody at NFL HQ is shedding any tears over having an extra Tuesday night prime time game or the fact that the Ravens will have one of the most marketable and exciting players back on the field the week after either.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:16 PM   #848
Ksyrup

The problem is, the Broncos are playing a playoff team. I would be pissed if I was fighting the Saints for a playoff spot and they didn't at least attempt to have them play a game against a team with an actual QB.

Taysom Hill vs Kendall Hinton. Ironically, Hinton has thrown a TD pass more recently than Hill (2017 vs 2016).
Old 11-29-2020, 03:32 PM   #849
Drake
assmaster

I'm legit torn between whether I want to watch the Denver/No QB potential trainwreck or the Chiefs/Bucs, which might actually be good football.

It's akin to that same impulse that makes you watch snowstorm games just for the wackiness of it.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:06 PM   #850
AlexB
Pro Starter

I hope you chose KC v TB...
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote