Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-21-2020, 10:03 PM   #901
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Steam will launch the winter sale in the morning.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:31 PM   #902
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Sony has pulled Cyberpunk from their digital store TFN and is starting the process for refunding customers who bought through them.

Is it that bad?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 11:12 PM   #903
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Is it that bad?

It is on the ps4/xb1. Completely different game on PC and the new consoles.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:00 AM   #904
sabotai
General Manager

On PC, I am thoroughly enjoying Cyberpunk. I have been encountered a ton of bugs, but they've all been minor. No CTDs or anything game breaking.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:15 AM   #905
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just noticed that HOI4 is rated for "Age 7+"

I'll tell you one thing, I wanna meet that 8 y/o mfer.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:55 PM   #906
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'm just annoyed that CDPR hasn't decided to deal with the PR by temporarily dropping the price on the game for consoles .

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2020, 07:50 AM   #907
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

KFC launches game console that keeps your chicken warm

I really don't know what to say about this one. First we had the KFC dating sim and now this.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:11 AM   #908
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah another look at it here-I really wonder if this thing will work without any "chicken malfunctions"

KFConsole Is KFC's Finger-Licking Good NUC-Powered Gaming PC With A Tasty Chicken Chamber | HotHardware
Old 12-23-2020, 01:14 PM   #909
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
[IMG]First we had the KFC dating sim and now this.

You mean you missed the KFC Lifetime Channel movie!?

Last edited by sabotai : 12-23-2020 at 01:14 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:58 AM   #910
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I don't think Will or I played NHL 20, so NHL 21 is my first exposure to the new pbp announcer in-game.

James Cybulski is quite likely THE most painful announcer I've ever heard do a major league sport. He's not minor league, he's not parody, he's nails on a chalkboard while strangling a cat.

Christalmighty, I feel sorry for anyone living in Vancouver (where he's apparently a morning radio host).

edit: I think I may have it figured out. He's like hearing Will Ferrell do an over the top intentionally bad hockey announcer in an SNL skit. Joe Piscopo would have been a better choice.

edit2: Were the announcers from the Backyard Sports series not available?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-30-2020 at 04:05 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:25 PM   #911
RainMaker
General Manager

Does anyone know what the status of PS5s are? Will they be getting more in stock soon or is this a long ass wait? Kind of got the itch to buy one as my OG PS4 is struggling.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:29 PM   #912
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Retailers have been releasing stock by drips and drabs (Walmart especially has anti bot stuff on their page which apparently works well). So basically you have to kind of keep tabs.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:35 PM   #913
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Does anyone know what the status of PS5s are? Will they be getting more in stock soon or is this a long ass wait? Kind of got the itch to buy one as my OG PS4 is struggling.

Rumor is stock won't begin to catch up until April/May. From Phil Spencer's comments on the Xbox supply issues it sounds like the issue is getting supply from AMD, which is supplying for both PS5 and XSX/S along with having their own lines of GPUs and CPUs released within thr last couple of months.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #914
Atocep
Coordinator

I'll say that while Hard Drive speeds on the new consoles is impressive and on par with PC, storage space is going to be a major issue for these consoles. 667gb of space on the PS5 isn't close to enough when you consider the fact that PS4 games require additional space to run properly and we really haven't started to see true PS5 games released yet (and those will require more space).
Old 01-05-2021, 04:20 PM   #915
RainMaker
General Manager

Is it a proprietary hard drive or can I slide in any old SSD? I agree that 667gb of space is woefully inadequate. Especially for anyone who has a data cap.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 04:32 PM   #916
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
On PC, I am thoroughly enjoying Cyberpunk. I have been encountered a ton of bugs, but they've all been minor. No CTDs or anything game breaking.

Me too, I beat the game. Now I'll wait for dlc and the like.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 04:35 PM   #917
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Is it a proprietary hard drive or can I slide in any old SSD? I agree that 667gb of space is woefully inadequate. Especially for anyone who has a data cap.

The drive in the PS5 is proprietary. You can use an external to run PS4 games only and Sony hasn't released any info on when an external that works with PS5 games is coming or how much it's going to cost.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #918
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Though the expandable SSD in the PS5 will not be proprietary. However you will have to open up the PS5 (a little bit) to install it. PS5 still haven't flipped the firmware on the drive bay though. They are requiring a certain speed on the SSD and there are very few right now that match that speed.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:49 AM   #919
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

The internal is proprietary, as others have mentioned. Your best bet is gonna be an external drive for PS4 games and save that space for PS5 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Though the expandable SSD in the PS5 will not be proprietary. However you will have to open up the PS5 (a little bit) to install it. PS5 still haven't flipped the firmware on the drive bay though. They are requiring a certain speed on the SSD and there are very few right now that match that speed.

It's not so much that there are very few, as that the gen 4 SSDs out there are expensive. PS5 and Series X might be the catalysts for bringing gen 4 prices down in a few years, but right now? Not so much.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:39 AM   #920
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

@RainMaker Best Buy online is on drop #2 today right now FYI. I got one during the first drop an hour ago.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 01-07-2021 at 11:40 AM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:58 PM   #921
21C
College Prospect

Little Nightmares is a free game from Bandai Namco.
LITTLE NIGHTMARES [PC Download] | Bandai Namco Ent. - Official Store
Old 01-18-2021, 10:41 PM   #922
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

For what it's worth, Cyberpunk 2077 is $30 on consoles and $40 on PC today on Amazon and Best Buy. I bought the PS4 version and will hold on to it until the PS5 update comes out. I doubt it'll be cheaper any time soon.

Old 01-18-2021, 10:49 PM   #923
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I'd argue they don't deserve anyone else's money at this point. What an absolute clusterfuck. Runs like shit on ps4 and the ps5 update probably won't be out until next holiday season.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:28 AM   #924
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I'd argue they don't deserve anyone else's money at this point.

You'd be correct.

After FU76 I didn't think it'd be possible for anyone to "Hold my beer" Todd Howard but CDPR took a helluva crack at it.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:15 AM   #925
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Eh, they got $30 rather than $60 from me (I was waiting on a piece drop due to the controversy). I have heard plenty of folks on the PS5 reddit saying they had very little issues with the game. And seeing the journey of Witcher 3, they'll at least continue to patch it. So it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:55 AM   #926
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Eh, they got $30 rather than $60 from me (I was waiting on a piece drop due to the controversy). I have heard plenty of folks on the PS5 reddit saying they had very little issues with the game. And seeing the journey of Witcher 3, they'll at least continue to patch it. So it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I ran into 1 non game breaking bug on PS5 and nothing I can remember on PC. I sat it aside once they announced the two major updates in January/February before I start it back up again.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:10 AM   #927
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I'm not going to hate on anyone as I jumped on what will be my last pre-order ever in 2019. I had been looking forward to the game for years like many people. But I am definitely not playing the ps4 version on a ps5. I already waited 4-5 years for the game and I can wait one more.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:35 PM   #928
Edward64
Head Coach

Decided to check up on Star Citizen progress.

Didn't we develop some new math and successfully send astronauts to the moon in a shorter time period than Star Citizen development?

What a joke.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:15 PM   #929
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Decided to check up on Star Citizen progress.

Didn't we develop some new math and successfully send astronauts to the moon in a shorter time period than Star Citizen development?

What a joke.

We may actually have interstellar travel before it comes out.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:03 PM   #930
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The whole Star Citizen saga is truly fascinating. I only really kinda understand the surface of it, and I'm not sure I really want to know more, but it seems like there has to be a Netflix series worth of stories in there. Who are these people who have sunk tens of thousands of dollars into ships that don't exist in a game that will never leave development?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:20 PM   #931
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Change this thread to 2021!

Just ordered Immortals Fenyx Rising and Hitman 3 for XSX. Hitman 3 is $49.99 at Target.

I've read and watched videos for both games, really excited to play IFR and I've always enjoyed the Hitman series.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:54 AM   #932
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

First patch apparently tackles PS4 Pro, but not the base model. lol me.

Xbox doesn't have any such demarcations with the patch, which what the actual fuck
Old 01-23-2021, 05:56 AM   #933
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Change this thread to 2021!

Done
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:22 PM   #934
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That does remind me, however ... my HOI 4 has been largely stable with GeForce Now.

I wish the sensitivity for idle disconnection was a little more forgiving, I can't stop long enough to fix a sandwich or take a bathroom break with any sidetrack without being shut down but otherwise it's been pretty incident-free across about 20 hours of gameplay.

I still haven't really stress tested my connection during daytime hours with it yet but off-peak at least has been solid.

Just an update since I'm a little bit on the front end with GeForce Now I guess.

I'm up to 98 hours on HOI4, maybe 3-4 hours into Surviving Mars.

Well worth the founder's price for GeForce Now afaic, though the connection quality largely limits me to playing late nights/overnights. I don't believe that's a GeForce issue, I believe that's a my-fucking-Charter-Internet-Should-Be-Sold-At-DollarTree issue.

Arguably the single most gamechanger (no pun intended) piece of video gaming advice I've ever gotten from FOFC.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-23-2021 at 03:36 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #935
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Just an update since I'm a little bit on the front end with GeForce Now I guess.

I'm up to 98 hours on HOI4, maybe 3-4 hours into Surviving Mars.

Well worth the founder's price for GeForce Now afaic, though the connection quality largely limits me to playing late nights/overnights. I don't believe that's a GeForce issue, I believe that's a my-fucking-Charter-Internet-Should-Be-Sold-At-DollarTree issue.

Arguably the single most gamechanger (no pun intended) piece of video gaming advice I've ever gotten from FOFC.

You're welcome Glad its working so well for you Jon.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:00 PM   #936
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Played some Immortals Fenyx Rising today and it's a fun game. Huge world, combat is fun, it's gorgeous and the puzzles have been fun.

There is a performance mode for 60fps and quality mode for 4k, 30fps, I can't really tell much difference so I'm keeping it on performance mode since it's super smooth and you're having to fight many enemies at once.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:21 PM   #937
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Got my 1,000th elimination in Fortnite (Solos) tonight.

Not much by a lot of player's standards I know but if you'd told me that'd ever happen when I was suffering through my first 200-300 games I'd have laughed at you. Laughed hard.

It's nice now and again to actually do something -- gaming or otherwise -- and know I really did improve at it.

Quote:
Wins 11
Top 10 299
Top 25 516
Eliminations 1,000
Matches Played 905
Old 02-01-2021, 01:18 PM   #938
Atocep
Coordinator

The Show is officially coming to Xbox this year.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:54 PM   #939
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The Show is officially coming to Xbox this year.

The game that's the only reason my kid bought a PS4 last year
Old 02-01-2021, 02:07 PM   #940
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
The game that's the only reason my kid bought a PS4 last year

It's unlikely to be exactly equivalent to the PS4 version, even if for no other reason than familiarity with console architecture.

Future versions may have parity, but 21 is one I'd expect the Xbox version to be somewhat inferior (but still better than what Xbox users have had since, like...MVP 2005 on OG Xbox).
Old 02-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #941
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
It's unlikely to be exactly equivalent to the PS4 version, even if for no other reason than familiarity with console architecture.

Future versions may have parity, but 21 is one I'd expect the Xbox version to be somewhat inferior (but still better than what Xbox users have had since, like...MVP 2005 on OG Xbox).

On the bright side (financially), I suspect this news means I don't have to worry about him wanting to be a two-console guy in the new gen
Old 02-01-2021, 08:15 PM   #942
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Getting through the PlayStation Plus collection and I finally ran into my first disappointment. Surprisingly it was Last of Us Remastered. I had to force my way through it. I don't really like stealth games to begin with (though I loved the stealth missions in Ghost of Tsushima) and the zombie story just seemed so cliched. And I heard so much about it.

It was such a slog (for a 15 hour game!) that I changed my next game to Ratchet & Clank, which is fantastic action game.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:44 AM   #943
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Finally got my ps5 unboxed this last weekend. The new dualsense controller absolutely blows my mind away. I have been having a blast playing the built-in game, Astro's Playroom, which takes full advantage of the controllers capabilities. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun playing a game. I really hope game devs get creative with the new controller.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:20 AM   #944
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Finally got my ps5 unboxed this last weekend. The new dualsense controller absolutely blows my mind away. I have been having a blast playing the built-in game, Astro's Playroom, which takes full advantage of the controllers capabilities. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun playing a game. I really hope game devs get creative with the new controller.

Wonder what goodies will be in this years version of The Show that incorporate the controller. Too bad they can't emulate the shock of hitting a pitch off the handle on a cold night
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:44 AM   #945
Atocep
Coordinator

I finished Fallen Order last night. Overall I'd say it's just a notch below the KOTOR games, although they're completely different genres. As a souls-like the level design is top notch, the combat is oustanding, and the story ties together some main pieces missing between episodes 3 and 4 and stands on its own without the use of too many cameos.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:01 PM   #946
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Does anyone have any experience hooking a Nintendo Switch up to a computer monitor? My son wants a monitor for his room so he can be a cool gamer dude like he sees on YouTube, but he has no computer. He just wants to be able to hook his switch up with a docking station and an hdmi cable. That should work, right?
Old 02-11-2021, 12:14 PM   #947
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It works on a TV using a HDMI cable and a dock so I'm not sure why a monitor would be any different. If you're not getting output, there's a setting in the Switch menu that's something like the output selection for a monitor or TV, only it's on the Switch itself. Might need to fiddle with that to get close to the desired resolution.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:19 PM   #948
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

@Atocep nice, I just installed the game on my ps5 as I heard it got a minor newgen update
Old 02-11-2021, 01:17 PM   #949
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
@Atocep nice, I just installed the game on my ps5 as I heard it got a minor newgen update

Yeah its a much better experience on the PS5 now. It plays at an upscaled 4k at 30fps or a lower resolution at 60fps. I went with the 4k option and it actually stays at steady 30fps which wasn't the case on the ps4 pro.

Great game if you like the Souls games.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:32 PM   #950
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
It works on a TV using a HDMI cable and a dock so I'm not sure why a monitor would be any different. If you're not getting output, there's a setting in the Switch menu that's something like the output selection for a monitor or TV, only it's on the Switch itself. Might need to fiddle with that to get close to the desired resolution.
Cool, thanks.