Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2021, 03:57 PM   #2601
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Portman saying he is going to not run again because he doesn't like the gridlock he helped create. Now we'll be stuck with fricking Jordan or some asshole like that
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:19 PM   #2602
JPhillips
General Manager

This from the Oregon GOP goes along with the Texas GOP adopting a Q slogan, and the Arizona GOP censuring the current GOP Gov, a former GOP Senator, and Cindy McCain. The crazies are winning.

Last edited by JPhillips : 01-25-2021 at 04:39 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:32 PM   #2603
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
This from the Oregon GOP goes along with the Texas GOP adopting a Q slogan, and the Arizona GOP censuring the current GOP Gov, a former GOP Senator, and Cindy McCain. The crazies are winning.

Are they? Arizona Republicans have lost both Senators to the Democrats. Going the Q route seems like a way to get your ass kicked in any swing state.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:40 PM   #2604
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Are they? Arizona Republicans have lost both Senators to the Democrats. Going the Q route seems like a way to get your ass kicked in any swing state.

I meant winning within the GOP.

But in a two-party system, they'll be back in power soon. How insane the GOP becomes matters to all of us.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:05 PM   #2605
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Quote:
I meant winning within the GOP.

But in a two-party system, they'll be back in power soon. How insane the GOP becomes matters to all of us.

Arizona is very strange in the the two biggest counties Maricopa and Pima are very much the definition of purple. You get to the rural places, like where Gosar and Ward come from and it's like being in an entirely different world sometimes, s0 yeah, there are enough craziness in their areas that they will always have a voice and with clever districting they will always have 3-4 state seats in Maricopa and Pima. so yeah, they statewide not enough Arizonans embrace their BS, but they get just enough support in local politics to continue to fuel the insanity.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:08 PM   #2606
JPhillips
General Manager

lol

Last edited by JPhillips : 01-25-2021 at 07:09 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:21 PM   #2607
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Trump letting the GOP Senators know that he is still a Republican. He is not forming that new party, at least until after the trial.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:00 AM   #2608
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/26/busin...hnk/index.html

isn';t that cute, MyLumpypillow CEO Mikey got banned from, twitter now
Old 01-26-2021, 06:01 AM   #2609
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Arizona is very strange in the the two biggest counties Maricopa and Pima are very much the definition of purple. You get to the rural places, like where Gosar and Ward come from and it's like being in an entirely different world sometimes, s0 yeah, there are enough craziness in their areas that they will always have a voice and with clever districting they will always have 3-4 state seats in Maricopa and Pima. so yeah, they statewide not enough Arizonans embrace their BS, but they get just enough support in local politics to continue to fuel the insanity.

now the republ;ican dickheads in AZ went after fellow reps and censured them

just how stupid are they

I mean CINDY McCAIN???

aren't the mccains like republican deities?
Old 01-26-2021, 06:04 AM   #2610
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

just how stupid are they

I mean CINDY McCAIN???

Putting Kelli Ward in charge of your state party (and Allen West in Texas for that matter) leads to insanity.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:36 AM   #2611
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

just how stupid are they

I mean CINDY McCAIN???

Ward, Biggs, Gosar and Lesko are all Trumpers, which makes them an enemy of the McCains since their Daddy hated John.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:49 AM   #2612
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Putting Kelli Ward in charge of your state party (and Allen West in Texas for that matter) leads to insanity.

Leads to or is a symptom of?
Old 01-26-2021, 01:47 PM   #2613
GrantDawg

Quote:
Leads to or is a symptom of?
Yes.

Any Republican that doesn't completely toe the Trump line fully and completely are worst then Satan and Nancy Pelosi (who most Republicans believe are the same person).
Old 01-26-2021, 02:20 PM   #2614
GrantDawg

Absolutely no chance of conviction.

Old 01-26-2021, 02:23 PM   #2615
GrantDawg

Not a single surprise :
Old 01-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #2616
Jas_lov
College Starter

I figured they'd only get 5-10 R votes and nothing will happen. Trump will run again, destroy their party even more and they'll still bend over backwards to defend the guy. Let's just pray he doesn't win in 2024 now that he sees there are no consequences for leading a coup.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 02:33 PM   #2617
GrantDawg

It just pisses me off that this trial will just keep Trump in the media, take up the time in the Senate, and allow Trump to glory in another acquittal. Our system is just so broken.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-26-2021 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:46 PM   #2618
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It just pisses me off that this trial will just keep Trump in the media, take up the time in the Senate, and allow Trump to glory in another acquittal. Our system is just so broken.

Do they have to take it up now? They're already waiting until February with no real shot at a conviction. Can they wait longer and see if more information comes out and/or Trump does something crazy enough to sway more senators?

Last edited by rjolley : 01-26-2021 at 02:47 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #2619
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Do they have to take it up now? They're already waiting until February with no real shot at a conviction. Can they wait longer and see if more information comes out and/or Trump does something crazy enough to sway more senators?

No amount of FACTUAL information matters anymore when it comes to the GOP and Trump. It's been that way since 2015. It isn't going to change.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:08 PM   #2620
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
No amount of FACTUAL information matters anymore when it comes to the GOP and Trump. It's been that way since 2015. It isn't going to change.

Before that. 2008 was Birtherism and Death Panels. Trump just came along to take advantage of the fact he has a population of people that hate the other side so much you can literally tell them anything and they'll believe it.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:10 PM   #2621
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post

I agree, but I'm trying to be optimistic here...
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:17 PM   #2622
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
I figured they'd only get 5-10 R votes and nothing will happen. Trump will run again, destroy their party even more and they'll still bend over backwards to defend the guy. Let's just pray he doesn't win in 2024 now that he sees there are no consequences for leading a coup.

Yeah geez guess we should plan on Trump as prez in 2024 along with Rs controlling the senate and maybe House? Oh boy God only knows what that will get us? Emperor Trump and family? Secretary of State Liddell?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:37 PM   #2623
JPhillips
General Manager

It's just so weird that no one has the nuts to claim the mantle of MAGA leader for themselves. None of these idiots will be the President if the party stays married to Trump.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:13 PM   #2624
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Heather Cox RIchardson is saying the reason for them voting no is so they don't HAVE to impeach him because it will turn out bad either way.

I dunno. They're all just so gross.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:38 PM   #2625
RainMaker
General Manager

Has anyone been charged with felony murder yet? I haven't been paying attention too much to the arrests outside of a few highly publicized ones. Do they know who killed the cop? Do they know the people who were helping the lady through the window to her death?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:04 PM   #2626
GrantDawg

A large number of felonies have been charged such as assault on police officer and various weapons charges. They are going to be charging some of those who have already been arrested with conspiracy (20 years) soon. They have a grand jury going right now. They have the pictures of the guys that they suspect killed the police officer, but I haven't seen any identified yet.

Old 01-27-2021, 10:13 AM   #2627
BYU 14
Coordinator

Pretty sure being a snitch won't endear him to his racist minions

Exclusive: Proud Boys leader was ‘prolific’ informer for law enforcement

And I love the "I don't remember that excuse" One scumbag whose 15 minutes are expiring.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:21 AM   #2628
JPhillips
General Manager

It does make his easy arrest the night before the riot look quite a bit different.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #2629
GrantDawg

Quote:
It's just so weird that no one has the nuts to claim the mantle of MAGA leader for themselves. None of these idiots will be the President if the party stays married to Trump.
There is no possible way to claim the MAGA mantle and turn on Trump. The only way to get the mantle is for Trump to place it on them. The fact that they can't see that there is no way he will ever give it to someone not named "Trump" is what makes it stupid. I think they are hoping that someone/something else takes Trump out (most likely a legal conviction) and that will allow them to take control. That is their only shot.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:44 PM   #2630
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't know why it ever got this far, but glad to see this is finally seeing the light of day/ Probably not a chance in hell it happens, even though it should.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:56 AM   #2631
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't know if you noticed during the Insurrection that many of the MAGA chuds weren't carrying American flags, they were carrying Trump flags. They dont give a fuck about America, they only care about Trump.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:36 AM   #2632
JPhillips
General Manager

Right. I'm just surprised nobody has said, I'm the guy to continue Trump's work.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:52 AM   #2633
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

One of the things that makes prisoner's dilemma so interesting is that the players cannot communicate with each other. You have to try to balance the good of the group with your own personal success based on limited information. And so sometimes you end up with a result that is worse for everyone b/c the group lacked the ability to work together.

But here, these people can communicate all they want. Hawley, Cotton, Carlson, Cruz, Pence, Rubio, Halley, McConnell, McCarthy, etc. can all have days and days of secret meetings with each other to devise a plan to get rid of Trump and his spawn while keeping the MAGA energy in the party and preventing a GOP/MAGA split and making sure that none of them is seen as the Brutus holding the knife in Trump's back at the end.

Then, after that, they can all try and position themselves in the MAGA lane for the 2024 primary.

I don't see how it benefits any of them for Trump to stay around. He turns off moderates, and he doesn't care about the good of the party.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 01-28-2021 at 08:54 AM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:50 AM   #2634
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I think Marjorie Taylor Greene is making a strong push
Old 01-28-2021, 11:19 AM   #2635
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I think Marjorie Taylor Greene is making a strong push

She is on track for the 2024 GOP nomination.

She is kind of like the AOC on the right in that she provides a new, fresh, voice, saying things they desperately want to hear. Except in this case those things are promises to bring violence to their political enemies.

Last edited by molson : 01-28-2021 at 11:22 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:36 PM   #2636
Ksyrup

This seems like news.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-28-2021, 03:22 PM   #2637
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
She is on track for the 2024 GOP nomination.

She is kind of like the AOC on the right in that she provides a new, fresh, voice, saying things they desperately want to hear. Except in this case those things are promises to bring violence to their political enemies.

Her revelation that a Jew controlled laser started the California wild fires is bound to elevate her status in the GOP.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:16 PM   #2638
Ksyrup

We're cooked as a nation. Done.

Old 01-28-2021, 05:27 PM   #2639
GrantDawg

There is a reason that "Deliverance" was set in her district.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:06 PM   #2640
BYU 14
Coordinator

Gawd that bitch reminds me of my first wife LOL
Old 01-28-2021, 08:42 PM   #2641
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Her revelation that a Jew controlled laser started the California wild fires is bound to elevate her status in the GOP.

I'm really struggling to come to terms with this revelation after assuming it had been Antifa all this time. I guess Jewish Space Laser makes more sense though.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:10 PM   #2642
JPhillips
General Manager

Probably won't pass this cycle, but this is where the GOP is headed.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:43 PM   #2643
BYU 14
Coordinator

Geez-o, there is a group here that is so far out of touch with the population of Arizona it is ridiculous. The lie that keeps on giving.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:41 AM   #2644
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
There is a reason that "Deliverance" was set in her district.

I always thought Deliverance was in LA (just my bias I guess) so looked it up. Supposedly Rabun county in NE GA but Green represents NW GA.

Quote:
The river where most of the book's action takes place, the Cahulawassee, closely resembles the Chattooga River, which forms the border between Georgia and South Carolina in the former's northeasternmost corner in Rabun County.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:44 AM   #2645
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'd kind of prefer it if one of these MAGA state legislatures just passed a law saying that the state's electoral votes will go to the winner of the GOP Primary.

I think that the Constitution allows them to do it. And we'd skip a lot of steps to just be honest about it. All of this "it's really about protecting the integrity of the vote" theater just muddies the issue.

They think that the Democrat Party is an existential threat to America. OK. I don't agree with that. But that's what they think. Just own it. Own it and let the citizens of your state decide what to do about it. (Hint--not much b/c SCOTUS recently held that gerrymanders are totally fine).
Old 01-30-2021, 10:58 PM   #2646
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

LOL Trump's defense lawyers just quit.

Please say he's going to defend himself....

Old 01-31-2021, 06:35 AM   #2647
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Hate to burst your bubble but don't think he is worried much about Senate confirming the impeachment.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:45 AM   #2648
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Holy cow. This letter...

Old 01-31-2021, 07:42 AM   #2649
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Holy cow. This letter...

This will be fun to watch it play out.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:57 AM   #2650
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

The GOP senators are strongly signaling, “Sir if you do anything other than show up quoting Mein Kampf and throwing your feces around, we will be able to acquit you.”

And Trump is like, “I’ll take that under advisement, but I’m not sure it’s possible.”