Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-06-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Week 6 has started! Deadline is Weds 9/10/08 at 10PM*

We've advanced to week 6 as of last night. As per the vote, we'll cut the deadline down (the vast majority voted for quicker deadlines.) We'll go with the compromise position and most popular decision of going to 5 days. This will allow at least a small part of a weekend to be in every week.

As long as my power isn't knocked out by Ike somehow getting here early or the electric company screwing up the grid, we'll advance by Weds. night. Of course, if we are done sooner, we'll advance sooner.

Results so far -

Oregon State (bhlloy) 34 @ Utah 7
#6 Texas 23 @ Colorado (kcchief19) 30
Kentucky (Kingsnebwsu) 51 @ Alabama 17
Stanford (Katsumura) 49 @ Notre Dame 42
#25 Washington (Eaglesfan27) 31 @ Arizona 24
#11 Florida 34 @ Arkansas (cartman) 17
#14 Texas A&M 10 @ #22 Oklahoma State (Raiders Army) 30
Maryland @ Virginia (Karlifornia)
Boston College 14 (Kodos) @ NC State (Big DPW) 24

Last edited by Kodos : 09-10-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
Raiders Army
Coordinator

w00t!

Now Sir Foz...you're mine! I'm open tonight. Tomorrow during the NFL games and especially Monday night are bad for me.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
bhlloy
Coordinator

Oregon State finally gets a win - a convincing 34-7 deal over Utah in SLC.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
w00t!

Now Sir Foz...you're mine! I'm open tonight. Tomorrow during the NFL games and especially Monday night are bad for me.

I'm ready.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Missed you last night. When is good for you?
Old 09-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Washington had its toughest game yet as we debuted our spread attack which produced a huge game in the air by Locker but an ineffective running game. We barely got by Arizona 31-24. We stopped them on the 2 yard line with time expiring to preserve the win last night.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky wins what turned out to be a snoozer over Alabama, 51-17. Alabama was up 3-0 after the first quarter. Kentucky shook off the rust and scored 3 straight TD's in the 2nd quarter, and coasted the rest of the game. Kentucky's running attack looked very solid and Alabama's D really shut down the passing attack, holding Kentucky to under 50% completions.

Next game is vs #16 South Carolina. This game has me quite nervous but we'll see how it shakes out. The recruiting also has me nervous. Anytime I see a yellow-highlighted team on the list below me, I wonder if one week I'll look and see that my guy has committed to another school. Damn multiplayer leagues I guess I just need to get at least 15 guys and I'll be okay. Hopefully my long-term strategy pays off and I get better guys each year.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Missed you last night. When is good for you?

Anytime tonight. Ping me via email or what have you
Old 09-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #9
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm on
Old 09-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

and I was off. Friend coerced me into seeing Death Race. Good summer action flick.

Ugh.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #11
Raiders Army
Coordinator

We got our game in today. OSU beat Texas A&M 30-10 in a hard fought defensive battle. I think the score would've been much closer had A&M's QB not been knocked out for two quarters. It was a great game. I didn't save any replays, but maybe Foz did.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I still want to review the game film. If I didn't know better, half the state of Oklahoma was rushing the QB

Coulda been worse.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #13
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Well...I'm back! I got back very late last night, woke up this morning and played a practice game in my offline dynasty. Thinking this would be enough, I jumped back into the NOFL and fired up my Nationaly Televised rivalry game against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

In the first quarter I think it was a combination of my freshman QB being rattled by the crazy South Bend crowd, and rust...but I threw 3 picks back to back to back. Before I knew it I had given up a couple big plays and I was down 21-3. I needed to take a minute to breathe, just relax, and play my game.

In the second, third, and fourth quarters...that's exactly what I did. Balancing passing with Andrew Luck, and rushing with Anthony Kimble, (not to mention a couple of big interceptions by Wopamo Osaisai) I tore up the Irish for the rest of the game. At the beginning of the 4th quarter I was up 42-28 ,and though they would eventually score two more touchdowns before the end of the game, it would be far too late. The final score was 49-42, giving the Stanford Cardinal some great national exposure.

Players of the game
Andrew Luck - 22/33 329 2 TD's passing 1 TD rushing
Wopamo Osaisai - 2 INT, 1 TD

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 09-08-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #14
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Dola -

Did something happen to Karlifornia that I don't know about? Possibly a RROD? He hasn't been on Xbox Live in 9 days now.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't he the one that reported his 360 was stolen?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #16
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I still want to review the game film. If I didn't know better, half the state of Oklahoma was rushing the QB

Coulda been worse.

IMHO, this state is pretty small so that's what, 5 people rushing you? I drank the beer now, BTW. Hopefully I'll fall asleep during the Vikes/Packers game so I wake up for the Raiders beating the Donkeys.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #17
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Yes karlifornia had his 360 stolen at a partee.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #18
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Oh yeah, I remember that now. Definetely shitty, and he lives like 15 minutes from me too.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

When are you available, BigDPW?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #20
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Oh yeah, I remember that now. Definetely shitty, and he lives like 15 minutes from me too.

So you could be considered a suspect?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #21
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Actually I hear that Dean Houston was one of the friends that Karl's neighbor brought over. I wouldn't put anything past the man who isn't below slapping children just for fun.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

I bet ol' Dean quit after deciding that stealing was "just too difficult" against Karl's AI.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #23
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

My 360 RROD'ed me today. I reseated the cables in back, and rebooted it and it was fine. My last unit (which was a launch unit actually) did the same thing and lasted another week or so before it crapped out permanently. I prefer to take it into Best Buy where I usually get their warranties, and they will give me one of the new 360's (with HDMI and a larger Hard drive) when I finally swap it out. I don't expect to have any more than 24 hours or so of down time when it does eventually fry, but just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case it happens during one of my NOFL games.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

Do you have an Intercooler on it? I kept getting rings, and then I removed it, and the problems went away. I think it caused a loose connection for the power cord in my case.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #25
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
My 360 RROD'ed me today. I reseated the cables in back, and rebooted it and it was fine. My last unit (which was a launch unit actually) did the same thing and lasted another week or so before it crapped out permanently. I prefer to take it into Best Buy where I usually get their warranties, and they will give me one of the new 360's (with HDMI and a larger Hard drive) when I finally swap it out. I don't expect to have any more than 24 hours or so of down time when it does eventually fry, but just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case it happens during one of my NOFL games.

Man that sucks.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #26
Kodos
Resident Alien

After a slow start by both teams, BigDPW's offense kept chugging away against our defense and dominated the time of possession. We were able to close to within 17-14 in the 4th, but they pulled out to 24-14 on a 22 yard Evans touchdown reception and cruised from there.

GG, BigDPW. Your visiting recruits will be impressed!
Old 09-10-2008, 06:39 AM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cool. I figured you guys were playing last night when you were both on. All we are waiting on is Karlifornia. Haven't heard any updates from him since his 360 was stolen. Either way, we'll advance this evening.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #28
Kodos
Resident Alien

A field goal that doinked off the upright and a real boneheaded pick thrown deep in our territory really didn't help our cause last night, but mostly, our defense just couldn't stop them. They kept us off-balance all night.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #29
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Do you have an Intercooler on it? I kept getting rings, and then I removed it, and the problems went away. I think it caused a loose connection for the power cord in my case.

No, I've never used any of the coolers on the market. I'm thinking of just going into the Best Buy tomorrow or the day after and getting and trading it in for a new one anyway. I just have to get a memory cartridge so I don't loose my solo dynasty. Hopefuly I can sweet talk them into giving me the elite version with the massive hard drive

Does anyone here have a 1080p TV and use the HDMI port on their 360? Is there any quality difference between the component cables and the HDMI for the 360?
Old 09-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #30
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

If you're swapping systems at Best Buy then you can just keep your hard drive & cords and just swap out the system itself. I've done that twice.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #31
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I thought about it, and I almost did that the first time I swapped out systems. Then I thought about how often I see hard drives die just in general, and I decided to go the route of memory cartridge/data transfer. I just buy the memory thing, make the transfer, then return the cartridge 2 days later for a full refund.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #32
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

dola-update

On my way home I picked up a memory cartridge just in case my 360 didn't have much time left. I walked in the door, put down all of my things, and fired up the system to...you got it, the RROD. I turned it off, reseated everything and tried again and it turned on fine. So I'm in the middle of xfering all of my stuff onto the cartridge now. While at Best Buy I found out some fun facts...

- Since I paid $400 originally and I got the replacement plan, I get to use all $400 towards the new Elite System if I like, or get the Pro system for $300 and get $100 in store credit.

- If you have a replacement plan for a console and a next gen system comes out, you can trade in your old system for price you paid for it towards the next gen system. So if in the next 2 years they come out w/ a new Xbox, I get $400 in credit towards that system.

- They don't check to see if systems are dead. I asked if it was ok that I haven't been getting the RROD every single time, and aparently they just take your word for it. Come to think of it the first system I had exchanged they didn't check either. Hmmm....
Old 09-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #33
BigDPW
College Prospect

Yeah GG Kodos... I had a great time playing the other night. I have not had alot of time to play lately and it was nice to finally play a human again. I prefer playing against people because I think I can usually surprise people and I think the AI sometimes seems to know what I am doing in advance alot and calls the best defense most of the time (except for the occasional play-action bite).

The INT in your own end killed you as did the FG miss.

I will play again anytime we both have the chance out of league I really enjoyed it.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:16 AM   #34
Kodos
Resident Alien

I had fun too, despite the loss. That interception was just a horrible decision. I'll look for you on Xbox Live when I log in.