Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Week 10 has started: Deadline is 9/28/08 at 10:00 PM

Week 10 has started and we have some big games:

KingNeb's #8 Kentucky (8-0) faces Galaxy's 1-6 Mississippi State Squad

Kcchief's 3-5 Colorado team travels to play SirFozzies' #17 Texas A&M Squad (7-1)

My Washington team faces the #1 team in the nation at their place, 7-0 USC.

Kodo's Boston College plays #6 Clemson (6-1)

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

My favorite two teams right now are Kentucky and Washington. Go Huskies!

Galaxy, when do you want to play? My availability is...

Tuesday we could play anytime before midnight EST.
Wednesday we could play between 2 PM-5 PM EST, or later in the evening (probably after 10 PM EST).
Thursday we could play but it would have to be after 8 PM EST.
Friday we could play but it would have to be after 9 PM EST.
Saturday is pretty rough, but I could play after 9 PM EST if you really wanted to.
Sunday is wide open, so I think anytime would work.
--------
I'm on Live a lot, so drop me a line on there or on FOFC.
--------
From Sir Fozzie's post...

On Monday, 9/29/2008 from 12:01 AM PST for up to 24 hours, Xbox Live will be offline for maintenance. As a result, Xbox LIVE and the ‘My Xbox’ section of Xbox.com will be unavailable, and the Xbox forums will be in read only mode (you won’t be able to post.) The remainder of Xbox.com will be available with limited interruptions.

This service maintenance is in preparation for the new Xbox experience which will be available later this fall.

Commishes, build that in to your time frame for the next series of games.
-----------

That's a big bummer, since I'll be off of work a lot on Monday. Hopefully we can all get our games in by Saturday so we can advance it Sunday at a decent time. We'll see though. Hopefully this doesn't ruin things too much.

EF27, as a heads up, sometimes "maintenance" can take more than the posted time. I remember times where XBox Live was supposed to be out for 6 hours and it lasted several days. We'll just have to play it by ear I guess
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Foz, when are you available? I'm on vacation starting Thursday which is good and bad. Good is that I'll be free quite a bit but bad that I might be ducking out of town for a few days. Let me know a time that works for you and I'll try to schedule around it.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Foz, when are you available? I'm on vacation starting Thursday which is good and bad. Good is that I'll be free quite a bit but bad that I might be ducking out of town for a few days. Let me know a time that works for you and I'll try to schedule around it.

Work 6 PM-2AM Mon-Fri, off all "day" on weekends.. (remember, I wake up at 3 or 4 PM EDT). Other then that, I'm free.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

Ugh. Clemson. Why'd it have to be Clemson?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll definitely take into account down time of Xbox live as we plan for next week's deadline.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #7
Galaxy
Coordinator

How late can you go?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Late meaning early in the morning? Usually in bed by 7-8 AM...
Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 PM   #9
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Hey Galaxy. I could probably start a game as late as 11 or 11:30 PM EST. Any later than that and I would be half-asleep toward the end of the game. I'll logon here tomorrow afternoon as long as I can escape work on time. I'll see where we're at then. Should be here around 1:30 or 2:00 PM EST tomorrow. Let me know
Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 PM   #10
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Late meaning early in the morning? Usually in bed by 7-8 AM...

I meant kingsb. It's confusing having to play two human players in two different leagues in the same week.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:43 PM   #11
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Hey Galaxy. I could probably start a game as late as 11 or 11:30 PM EST. Any later than that and I would be half-asleep toward the end of the game. I'll logon here tomorrow afternoon as long as I can escape work on time. I'll see where we're at then. Should be here around 1:30 or 2:00 PM EST tomorrow. Let me know

That sounds good. I could start at 10:30ish, if that works.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:58 PM   #12
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Blasted at home by Miami, 37-14. Everything in the first half was just a disaster. I need a new game plan, as well.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:32 PM   #13
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

10:30 PM EST on Wednesday? Sounds good to me. I'm doing a social event but I'll make sure I'm back by then (and probably a little before). I will check back on here tomorrow though

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 09-23-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #14
WVUFAN
College Starter

Arkansas finally picked up their first recruit, the #3 rated QB in the nation, Jamal Easley from El Campo, TX.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #15
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
10:30 PM EST on Wednesday? Sounds good to me. I'm doing a social event but I'll make sure I'm back by then (and probably a little before). I will check back on here tomorrow though

Yeap. If you need to push it back a half hour or so, that's fine. Just let me know.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #16
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Hmmm ... weekend's looking like the best bet, eh? Hopefully I'll know for sure if I'm heading out of town this weekend tomorrow. Tonight's poker night so I'll be up late ... if I'm still awake early Thursday morning I'll pop on and see if you're around. We'll figure it out!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #17
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I beat Iowa State 45-7. I see that the 4* FS I was looking at made a soft commitment to Texas A&M. Also, I'm going to have to win out to meet Foz in the B12 championship game. I'm looking forward to it!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:47 PM   #18
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

My Kentucky squad beat Galaxy's Mississippi State Bulldogs 55-13 tonight. It was a very tight & competitive first half, with Kentucky being up only 10-0. We kicked off to start the 2nd half and their returner fumbled it. We completed a pass to our Heisman contender at WR who took it to the house, making it 17-0. On the next drive, the Bulldog QB threw a pick-six and the floodgates opened from there. The highlight for the Bulldogs was the kickoff return for a TD.

Our running game was too much for their defense and their QB had 7 INT's, which was absolutely killer.

Good game Galaxy...hope you didn't think I was running up the score or anything. BTW, does anyone know of a way to do "mass subs" online? I couldn't find it when I paused the game to look for it in the 4th quarter. I can do it offline no problem, but I couldn't find it for the online game.

The road in the SEC is always brutal, as next week we host #8 Georgia. This will most likely determine who will represent the SEC East in the SEC title game. Kentucky has a 1 game lead but obviously Georgia will hold the tie-breaker if they win this game. I'm really glad I get a home game for this one. That road game at Florida was insane.

And the best news of all is that I get my starting QB back for the Georgia game! He's the best player I have and we really missed his abilities the last 4 games. Hopefully we can stay injury-free at the skill positions for the rest of the year.

BTW, big congrats to Arkansas on landing the 4-star QB. He will be an improvement over their current options. Any former Wolverine is doomed to fail at QB
Old 09-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #19
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
My Kentucky squad beat Galaxy's Mississippi State Bulldogs 55-13 tonight. It was a very tight & competitive first half, with Kentucky being up only 10-0. We kicked off to start the 2nd half and their returner fumbled it. We completed a pass to our Heisman contender at WR who took it to the house, making it 17-0. On the next drive, the Bulldog QB threw a pick-six and the floodgates opened from there. The highlight for the Bulldogs was the kickoff return for a TD.

Our running game was too much for their defense and their QB had 7 INT's, which was absolutely killer.

Good game Galaxy...hope you didn't think I was running up the score or anything. BTW, does anyone know of a way to do "mass subs" online? I couldn't find it when I paused the game to look for it in the 4th quarter. I can do it offline no problem, but I couldn't find it for the online game.

The road in the SEC is always brutal, as next week we host #8 Georgia. This will most likely determine who will represent the SEC East in the SEC title game. Kentucky has a 1 game lead but obviously Georgia will hold the tie-breaker if they win this game. I'm really glad I get a home game for this one. That road game at Florida was insane.

And the best news of all is that I get my starting QB back for the Georgia game! He's the best player I have and we really missed his abilities the last 4 games. Hopefully we can stay injury-free at the skill positions for the rest of the year.

BTW, big congrats to Arkansas on landing the 4-star QB. He will be an improvement over their current options. Any former Wolverine is doomed to fail at QB

No, I didn't think you we're running up the score. When your defense can't even keep up and stop a 5-year old, it's bound to happen. I'm just use to playing with Notre Dame; who have receivers that can break off the routes quickly and catch, quarterbacks who can make those tight passes and put air on the ball, a defense that can make plays, and an offensive line that can open holes for the running back. I just don't have any speed. I had to go it for those 4th and 1/2 possessions around your 40. My kicker just sucks. I mean, I don't even trust him to kick a 20-yard attempt.

I switched QB's mid-way through the third, trying to get some sort of spark. Didn't work. I know some of the passes I forced (out of frustration, probably), but your just players (that LB Johnson is quick). I was pretty pleased coming out of the half, only down 10-0. Then it all went to shit. As soon as you got the fumble recovery on that kickoff, I knew it was going to get ugly. I got my work cut out for me in getting this program turned around. Playing in the brutal SEC isn't going to help either.

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-25-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #20
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I spanked Washington State yesterday by a score of 59-20. They scored a couple late garbage touchdowns to make the score look...well...it still looks bad. Anthony Kimble averaged over 10 yards per carry on 16 carries, and had a couple TD's to top it off. It wasn't really much of a game, I played with one hand tied behind my back the entire second half after going into halftime with a 42-7 lead. I'm really looking forward to that game against USC in two weeks. Next up however is the Oregon ducks, who have their fair share of offensive weapons.

We got out first hard Commit this week, as a sleeper WR we have been recruiting since the begginning with great speed finally signed.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 09-25-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #21
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ping kcchief, you have a PM with my hours.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

Well, predictably, Clemson took it to us good. After keeping it close in the first quarter, the flood gates opened, the mistakes started piling up, and we were crushed 47-14 in front of the home crowd. Not good.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:18 PM   #23
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Texas A&M moves to 8-1 with a good 34-13 victory over kcchief's Colorado Buffaloes.. Things just didn't go right for him.. how bad was it? After he scored a TD in the late third quarter, fearing an onside kick (I was up 18), I had my guys in onside kick formation. He kicked it deep, had it initally land just a yard or two outside the hashes.. and the angle combined with a HORRIBLE bounce took it out of bounds to give me the ball at the 40.

Good game, I have a feeling you were about ready to strangle my QB for fitting the ball in the tiniest windows by the end of the game..
Old 09-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Things did not go well for Locker or the Huskies as we started off with an errant option toss that led to USC jumping to a 7-0 lead at the beginning of the game. However, we fault back throughout the rest of the game and took a 28-24 lead in the 3rd quarter after an amazing pick 6 in which our corner dodged a tackle from Turner and broke one from Johnson.

After they made a FG, a pick ended our next drive and set USC up with a short field and they took a 33-28 lead (missing a 2 point conversion.)

With 4:53 to go, we put the ball back in Locker's hand as they had been shutting down our run game. With 3:20 to go and an inability to stop their defense we went for it on 4th and 4 on their 34. That decision had already backfired for me once in another league, and it backfired again as Kearse dropped a pass right in his hands for his 2nd dropped pass of the drive.

I thought we were done, but with 2:45 to go, our MLB intercepted a pass across the middle and returned it to their 34. Unfortunately, they stopped us again and we turned it over on downs. Their defense has bottled up Locker's running far better than any team we've faced yet.

USC wins the game 33-28.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-27-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #25
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Yeah, you're passing was dead on. I had some stops early in the first half and coming out of halftime I decided I would put pressure on your QB ... and you promptly hit your wide open TE for a long TD.

Yeah, the kickoff out of bounds left with me my hands up in the air. I saw you in the onside formation and tried to kickoff as quickly as I could and try an pooch it on the weak side away from your return man. That bounce was horrible.

Can you not challenge in online games? I had a fumble in the second half I wanted to challenge but the option wasn't available. I forgot to go back to the replay after the game for a closer look.

I went in to halftime all ticked off over the time out/field goal. All I wanted to do was keep you from getting out of bounds to kick the field goal and thought with 6 seconds left there was no way you could get the kick off. Then I see that when you call your play the clock stops and after I pick my defense all of a sudden we're lined up for the field goal with plenty of time. I called the timeout hoping for the "freeze" but I don't think that works the way it is supposed to.

You played a great game. Even with a couple of bad breaks I didn't have any answers. Good luck -- keep it going!
Old 09-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #26
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Think the booth handles all challenges in online games (I was trying to mass sub near the end, and I couldn't do that either)

One of the glitches with NCAA, is that it takes less time to call plays quickly in the play picker rather then no huddling
Old 09-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #27
WVUFAN
College Starter

I played the entire game vs Tulsa, only to get a "Cannot Connect Error". I didn't see the fix on the thread, so I rebooted and played again, and this time almost lost. I won on a pick 6 with less than a minute to go.

My defense is HORRIBLE. Tulsa threw all over me.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll be advancing in about 20 minutes between NFL Games.