Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 14!!!! Files due Monday, October 13th!!!

Week 14

Colorado @ Nebraska
#3 Oklahoma State vs #8 Oklahoma
#23 Texas A&M @ Texas
North Carolina @ Duke
Syracuse @ Cincinnati
Kentucky @ Tennessee
#24 Mississippi State @ Ole Miss
Pitt @ #10 West Virginia
Virginia @ #17 Virginia Tech
NC State vs #11 Miami
#2 Arkansas vs #12 LSU

#20 USF has a bye

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We cement our bowl game status with a 31-27 win in Lincoln, carried by 340 yards passing from Cody Hawkins, and 4 total TD.

Darrell Scott reinjured his ribs but we managed to hang out for the win. We should now sit fourth in Big 12 based on tiebreakers with A&M and Nebraska.

We still have a small shot at playing for the Big 12 title but it'd take a huge upset from Kansas defeating Missouri to allow us that honor.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

I'm going to get my game in tonight. A win and I'm in the Big XII championship, a loss and I'm pretty sure Oklahoma will get the tiebreaker.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas gets a 59-30 win over LSU. Michael Smith came up huge with 315 yards on the ground.

We finish the regular season 12-0 and now head to the SEC Championship game.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

NC State gets two more recruit committments this week:

4* OLB Justin Abrams - #17 OLB

3* TE Mario Barnes - #15 TE

This gives us 6 4* recruits and 1 5* recruit. That'll be it for us as far as high profile recruits go. Everything left on our board is 3* talent. Its a good start though towards building NC State up towards being a more competitive school.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

I'm still happy with the fact that I got this crappy NCSU team to a bowl, but with tough losses to Clemson, Florida State, and now Miami, its easy to look back and wonder what might have been, with a couple bounces going my way we could have easily been 9-3.

In this one we held #11 Miami to 3 field goals in the first half, but were only able to put up two of them ourselves. 9-6 Miami at the half.

About halfway through the 3rd quarter we put together a TD drive that gives us the lead, 13-9. Miami, unfortunately, comes right back down and takes it back with a TD of their own. They miss the XP and only lead 15-13. The play... or call, I guess, of the game comes with about 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter. We hit the Miami QB, he coughs up the ball, and DE Willie Young scoops it up and goes 41 yards for a TD that would have given us a 20-15 lead. Unfortunately, the play is reviewed, and reversed, no TD for us. Miami is forced to punt, but we throw an INT on our next drive that gets returned to the NCSU 10. Miami scores another TD to go up two scores and while we kept it close and did threaten them, the momentum shift of the final mintue of the 3rd quarter drastically changed the game and we weren't going to win this one.

Miami 29, NC State 20.

With a solid recruiting season, and a bowl game, its been a good season, but I wish I could have pulled off one of these upsets over ranked opponents. We'll be much improved next year, though I do expect it to take a few seasons before I can challenge Clemson or FSU for the ACC Atlantic Title. We're currently projected to play Michigan in the Champs Sports Bowl
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #7
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

The Egg Bowl is in the books and it was everything that a rivalry game should be.

Mississippi State opened up with a 97 yard kickoff return for a touchdown. But then things changed. Dry weather but 7 fumbles (4 were overturned, leaving just 3 fumbles that stood, all by me) and 5 interceptions made it quite a brutal game. We found ourselves quickly down 28-7 but then our defense began to stop them and our offense quit handing them the ball.

Down 31-28 we scored a touchdown with just under 1:30 to play. Ole Miss stormed back, making their way to the 13 yard line with 0:14 seconds. We picked off their pass at the 0 to clinch the game.

We finish 9-3 entering bowl season.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

And on we go.

Oklahoma State knocks off rival Oklahoma in The Bedlam Game, 45-28, to complete a perfect regular season. We now await our opponent in the Big XII Championship game, and hopefully some more recruiting success as we were battling OU for some guys.

Zac Robinson was awesome again, going 22-28 for 293 yards, 2 TDs, and no picks. Our running game was fairly non-existent, but we were once again able to grind out yards when necessary.

The turning point of the game came when we had a 4 point lead, when safety Quinton Moore stepped in front of a OU pass and returned it 82 yards for a TD on a beautiful runback. He added 11 tackles to earn my personal player of the game. We added another INT TD on the last play of the game to lengthen the lead and hopefully impress the BCS computers (should we win the next game, of course).

Last edited by Logan : 10-09-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I think we'll get some BCS drama if Arkansas and OSU win their conference championship games. Arkansas will have to beat another top 10 team it looks like, while OSU will have to beat Mizzou or Colorado, which will hurt them.

Ohio State is undefeated with no conference title game but at #1 I can't see them falling two spots.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #10
Logan
Head Coach

I expect to be on the outside looking in.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Here is a look at the current blow projections:

Meineke Car Care Bowl: North Carolina vs Pitt
Liberty Bowl: Kentucky vs Southern Miss
Humanitarian Bowl: Virginia vs Colorado
Armed Forces Bowl: Texas A&M vs BYU
Chick-fil-A Bowl: Mississippi State vs Florida State

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State vs West Virginia
Orange Bowl: Miami vs USF
BCS National Championship: Arkansas vs Ohio State

From what we know now this week so far, WVU will not be in Fiesta Bowl as an At Large, but can still play in a BCS game. It'll come down to the USF vs WVU game next week, with the winner getting into the BCS and the loser looking at another bowl game.

Colorado will probably be in the Emerald Bowl, as we are now 4th in the Big 12, though it's all up in the air assuming if Kansas can upset Mizzou.

Arkansas controls it's own destiny at this point: Beat UF for the SEC Title and they're in, as Florida is currently #4 in the BCS, while Oklahoma State will have to play Mizzou, who is sitting at 14, or Colorado who is unranked.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Awards Finalists

Maxwell:

1. Beanie Wells (Ohio State)
2. Darrell Scott (Colorado)
3. Chase Holbrook (New Mexico State)

Bednarik

1. Terrance Anderson (Oklahoma State)
2. Jamar Love (Arkansas)
3. Gerald McRath (Southern Miss)

O'Brien

1. Tim Tebow (Florida)
2. Chase Holbrook (New Mexico State)
3. Chase Clement (Rice)

Doak Walker

1. Beanie Wells (Ohio State)
2. Darrell Scott (Colorado)
3. Aaron Brown (TCU)

Best WR

1. Rod Coleman (Arkansas)
2. Michael Crabtree (Texas Tech)
3. Julio Iglesias (Oklahoma)

Best TE

1. Anthony McCoy (USC)
2. Travis Beckum (Wisconsin)
3. Jermaine Gresham (Oklahoma)

Best OL

1. Jesse Miller (Michigan State)
2. Alex Boone (Ohio State)
3. Brandon Braxton (Oklahoma)

Rimington

1. Jim Cordle (Ohio State)
2. Tim McAvoy (Michigan)
3. Brad Thorson (Wisconsin)

Lombardi

1. Lamarr Houston (Texas)
2. Malcolm Sheppard (Arkansas)
3. Brandon Graham (Mihigan)

Best LB

1. Gerald McRath (Southern Miss)
2. Anthony Lews (Texas A&M)
3. Travis Lewis (Oklahoma)

Thorpe

1. Terrance Anderson (Oklahoma State)
2. Jamar Love (Arkansas)
3. Rashaad Johnson (Arkansas)

Groza

1. Louie Sakoda (Utah)
2. Aaron Pttrey (Ohio State)
3. David Buehler (USC)

Best Punter

1. Zoltan Mesko (Michigan)
2. Dan Titchener (Nebraska)
3. Ben Armer (Western Michigan)

Best Returner

1. Lance Smith (Wisconsin)
2. Trindin Holliday (LSU)
3. RJ Sumrall (Iowa State)
Old 10-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Also, so everyone knows, week 15 is it as far as recruiting and such, and since there are only 2 human games for week 15 the plan is make anyone recruiting to be done in 3 days.

From there on out, the conference title week and bowl game weeks will be 3 days unless you need more time, and the off season will be 2 most likely since there is a lot less to do.

If anyone has a problem with that let me know.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

UPS was supposed to deliver my XBOX today.

Of course, someone has to be there to sign for it. meh. So, I may not actually get it today - but I'm hoping I can set it so I pick it up at the local UPS Store or something. If you'd be willing to wait so that I can make sure I can at least see how big of a disaster my recruiting is, it would be appreciate it.

I'm going to be very, VERY discouraged when I see that I'm so far behind the other ACC human teams. Radii has an absurd class that I wasn't even CLOSE to competing with even when I didn't miss out on so many weeks of playing/recruiting.

I still wonder if there is some "trick" to recruiting that I'm missing. This adventure is going to be frustrating if ther eare a few guys that know these tricks and the rest of us just suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #15
Logan
Head Coach

For what it's worth, I kicked ass in recruiting in offline dynasties (with good and bad teams), and I'm just not getting the results here. I think some of it has to do with who I'm going up against (Oklahoma, Texas primarily), but I'm following exactly what I used to, and nothing.

I think this is just bad luck at this point, compared to "tricks."
Old 10-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
UPS was supposed to deliver my XBOX today.

Of course, someone has to be there to sign for it. meh. So, I may not actually get it today - but I'm hoping I can set it so I pick it up at the local UPS Store or something. If you'd be willing to wait so that I can make sure I can at least see how big of a disaster my recruiting is, it would be appreciate it.

I'm going to be very, VERY discouraged when I see that I'm so far behind the other ACC human teams. Radii has an absurd class that I wasn't even CLOSE to competing with even when I didn't miss out on so many weeks of playing/recruiting.

I still wonder if there is some "trick" to recruiting that I'm missing. This adventure is going to be frustrating if ther eare a few guys that know these tricks and the rest of us just suck.

You'll be fine Wade. I'll be gone this weekend anyway so if you need until Monday it's fine.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #17
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Arkansas controls it's own destiny at this point: Beat UF for the SEC Title and they're in, as Florida is currently #4 in the BCS, while Oklahoma State will have to play Mizzou, who is sitting at 14, or Colorado who is unranked.

We knocked off Florida 49-3 the first time around. I have a feeling they'll be a little tougher this time.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #18
Ironhead
College Prospect

A&M closes out the regular season with a 9-3 record by hanging on for a 24-17 win on Texas' home turf. The win should make Texas bowl ineligible as they will finish 5-7. Anthony Lewis had another great game and has a real shot to win the linebacker of the year award.

Nothing new on the recruiting front for us. Looking forward to finishing up a solid year in bowl appearance then hoping we can fly through the offseason.

Best of luck to everyone who will be playing in a title game this year.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:31 AM   #19
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
You'll be fine Wade. I'll be gone this weekend anyway so if you need until Monday it's fine.

Looks like I will since UPS sucks.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #20
MacroGuru
Coordinator

What a game! a 54 - 58 3OT Thriller with Syracuse pulling it out in the end!

I game in this game completely expecting to get my ass handed to me, they were ranked 80's across the board and I was in my 70's and it started out that way. We went into the half down 20 - 3, and I was writing this game off.

We got it kick started in the third with a 93 yard interception for a TD. We then answered right back with 2 rushing TDs from our HB both around 10 yards out.

We battled back and forth and scored the game tying touchdown with 1:50 left in the game, just enough time for them to march down and end it.

With 26 seconds left they line up for the field goal and we call time out to ice the kicker. Its a 34 yard field goal and he misses it to the right! Leaving us 21 seconds to march down into field goal range.

We move the ball, with 15 seconds left we are just on the inside corner of a 53 yard field goal and we are out of time outs, I have an out route called to get us a better chance at winning it, we bring it up to the line, and I am set to go on 2 and the damn right guard jumps and we are now pushed out of FG range with 7 seconds left.

I try the hail mary and fail miserable.

We duke it out with TDs in the first 2 OT's, then in the final, my defense locks down and forces him into the FG, I try to ice their kicker again but it doesn't work.

So we are now in the process of a FG ties and the score takes it. We go into a run gaining 2 yards, hurry up offense and audibles into a pass. The FB is in the slot uncovered, I give him the hot route for a streak and hit him and he gets a first down.

We come back out with another run, this time gaining a yard. We go right back into hurry up offense and audible to another pass and we are rushed into our throw and it is incomplete. 3rd and 9 and I call a play action power O to the right. Fake the hand off, the FB hits the flat and they step up on him leaving our TE open in the zone and I hit him, he rumbles down to the 1 almost getting in for the TD.

Well here we are at the 1 and I call the bastard play, the QB sneak...TD! Game Over! The Orange Crush wins! And we have our future QB in Dantley for a while.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #21
wade moore
lolzcat

I've got my XBOX, but I'm getting over food poisoning (UGH!). SHould be ok to do my stuff later today.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #22
wade moore
lolzcat

wow - im fucked.

I see what everyone else has.

I have a 2 star commit.

That's it.

I do have a 4 star soft commit. That's all of the commits I have.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #23
wade moore
lolzcat

wow. I had forgotten about the slider tweaks.

The number of broken tackles this tiny ass piece of shit RB from VT is getting is UNREAL.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #24
wade moore
lolzcat

I don't know if I can deal with this.

Really disheartening dealing with it after seeing what happened to my recruiting.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #25
wade moore
lolzcat

Then the same thing on a kick return.

:eyeroll:

Quote:
Old 10-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #26
wade moore
lolzcat

5 broken tackles on the kick return. yippee.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #27
wade moore
lolzcat

6 more broken tackles on a td.

i hate this game.

and this team is going to suck hardcore next year.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #28
wade moore
lolzcat

5'9" 199 lbs, 22 Broken Tackles.

Gotcha.

Anyway, you can sim ahead if i was all you were waiting on.

Quote: