Old 04-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #451
dbd1963
High School JV

I went with soldier.
dbd1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #452
Danny
Head Coach

Reposted Updated list. If I have your class wrong or it is not listed, please let me know. Ones at the bottom are either a player I couldnt find (Scoobs) or one that hasn't been active at all.

Updated

FrogMan - Ole Dirty Froggie - 24 Adventurer
Danny - DanKD - 15 Adventurer
JonInMiddleGA - Luke Warmwater - 10 Worker
chinaski - Van Zandt - 10 Worker
Crim - CrimBronco - 10 Soldier
dbd1963 - Feadhel - 10 Soldier
BrianD - Nunzio - 10
ntndeacon - ntndeacon - 9
aleykat - raiderconvert - 9
hawk4669 - Hawk4669 - 9
DeToxRox - DeToxRox - 9
mrkilla22 - mrkilla22 - 8
Axxon - Axxon - 8
law90026 - DaLaw - 8
Calis - Gertbeef - 8
Danny's Wife - Huckleberry McGrain - 7 Soldier
CU_Tiger - Warm Hand Luke - 7
Ajaxab - Doc Pepper - 7
Yellow5 - Weemus McToots - 6
BYU_14 - Kidbrit - 6
Neon_Chaos - NeonChaos - 6
Mustang - kerg01 - 6
cartman - Sheriff Cartman - 5
3ric - Clint Mc3ric - 4
damnMikeBrown - Damn Brown - 4
Scoob0202 - Scoobs0z202 - 3
lordscarlet - Seamus Mahoney - 2
Schmidty - JasonSchmidt - 1

Last edited by Danny : 04-15-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #453
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Oh, about the "maybe the town invited Crim in so he'd be an easy mark for our friendly neighborhood newbie-killer dueler guy":

Found this in the Atlantis town forum:

So it seems like they're harmless enough. Ecko72jc, though, he shall have a reckoning.

I've not looked at the resident list of Atlantis, but you probably were the lowest ranked player in there and an easy prey for him...

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #454
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

It's not trendy to use an S anymore.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #455
dbd1963
High School JV

I deposited $200 in the town fund. Should I leave the town now so someone else can come in and give to the town?
dbd1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #456
Danny
Head Coach

I gained XP fast, but I've managed to end up with little money. Tomorrow I'll go sell a few things and deposit some in the treasury
Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #457
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbd1963 View Post
I deposited $200 in the town fund. Should I leave the town now so someone else can come in and give to the town?

probably, yeah, if you don't want us to boot you out when we need a spot.

When I say we, I mean chinaski and me, as I just made him a Town's Counselor. This allows him to send out invites, as I can't access the game during the day.

I'd really like to send out invites to everyone, and simply have the first 4 poepl sign in, but you can only send as many invites as free places left in your town. This means once you've donated, it's probably better to bow out.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #458
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I gained XP fast, but I've managed to end up with little money. Tomorrow I'll go sell a few things and deposit some in the treasury

yeah, it's always the big dilemma. But sometimes you find a job that'll give you a bit of both.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #459
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

scoobz0202 is now a 4.

Kicking ass and taking names. 50 bucks cash, and about 90 bucks in inventory. Slow and steady.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #460
Axxon
Pro Starter

Just another update. I'm level 8 and near the area. I am moving slowly but I still have 2 attribute points and 18 skill points to spend. I'm now pretty much questless though if I don't gain a level or spend these. I kinda wanted to know what we really need before I spec myself. Anyway, that's this gunslingers tale.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #461
Danny
Head Coach

Character guide - Forum The West
Old 04-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #462
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Should hit level 9 shortly, will be an Adventurer of some sort.

Not much cash on hand but will deposit off when I reach one of the towns (eventually).
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #463
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
yeah, it's always the big dilemma. But sometimes you find a job that'll give you a bit of both.

FM

I have $123 bucks and some items to sell. I don't know if that's good or bad for level 8.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #464
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
I have $123 bucks and some items to sell. I don't know if that's good or bad for level 8.

neither good nor bad, on par for the course.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #465
Danny
Head Coach

How is $150 for level 15
Old 04-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #466
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Instead of going back the past ten pages anybody want to answer this quickly:

I plan on being a trapper as I have put all my points in trapping. I wouldn't mind checking out soldier. Can I create a second character in the same world we are in right now from this same computer? If I recall I just have to make sure I don't duel the same people right?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #467
Axxon
Pro Starter

I think it might be time FrogMan to get an idea of what the town needs so people can work their way there. I mean, if we have enough builders we don't need a lot of folks working that way. I have a slew of points to spend but I like several paths. Ultimately I'd like to contribute to the town and be something we don't have yet. Maybe we should get a help wanted list. No one is forced into these paths but it'd let us know where we stand.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #468
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
How is $150 for level 15

not enough, go grab money! NOW!

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #469
Danny
Head Coach

Huckleberry is on his way to Troutville and will be there in 90 minutes. He's hardly level 8 with no quest he can do though. I need to become a member of the town, so that I can start dueling for XP and money as my build is towards doing that .
Old 04-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #470
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Instead of going back the past ten pages anybody want to answer this quickly:

I plan on being a trapper as I have put all my points in trapping. I wouldn't mind checking out soldier. Can I create a second character in the same world we are in right now from this same computer? If I recall I just have to make sure I don't duel the same people right?

yeah, multiple accounts are not really allowed, but they do allow multiple players on an IP address. No duel with one another, and also no duel attacking the same person within a 24 hour period...

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #471
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Huckleberry is on his way to Troutville and will be there in 90 minutes. He's hardly level 8 with no quest he can do though. I need to become a member of the town, so that I can start dueling for XP and money as my build is towards doing that .

you won't be able to duel until we get the mortician built, sorry.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #472
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I think it might be time FrogMan to get an idea of what the town needs so people can work their way there. I mean, if we have enough builders we don't need a lot of folks working that way. I have a slew of points to spend but I like several paths. Ultimately I'd like to contribute to the town and be something we don't have yet. Maybe we should get a help wanted list. No one is forced into these paths but it'd let us know where we stand.

Agreed. Right now, I know of chinaski who's a builder and I asked for this previously in the thread: please builder/worker type, post your construction job total labor points in here. That is construction*3+repairing+leadership.

Right now, we have the following builders:
FrogMan: 147
Van Zandt(chinaski): 143

We'll need more, as my dude is not a worker, but an adventurer greatly boosted with nice clothing and I'll eventually go back to being a money graber for the town(s).

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #473
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Technically, I believe you can end up dueling once you're a town resident but only as a defender (or victim) until the mortician is built.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #474
Axxon
Pro Starter

BTW, what I have done, str and cha 2, rest one. One horseback riding and swimming, one aim, one cha, tac and training. others are default and some have inventory of course.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #475
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Technically, I believe you can end up dueling once you're a town resident but only as a defender (or victim) until the mortician is built.

yeah, but he's looking to make money. The chance he'll get dueled by sitting in town is not very high. He'll have to go out and find town to duel. Which'll bring me to La Vie Boheme in my next post.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #476
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Agreed. Right now, I know of chinaski who's a builder and I asked for this previously in the thread: please builder/worker type, post your construction job total labor points in here. That is construction*3+repairing+leadership.

We'll need more, as my dude is not a worker, but an adventurer greatly boosted with nice clothing and I'll eventually go back to being a money graber for the town(s).

FM

Can we have dedicated worker defenders somehow? One complaint I've read is duellers coming out and hitting the same workers over and over. I'd like to see that stopped. I could see being one of the town lawmen or at least a posse member if that's viable. I did originally think of gunman though worker does sound fun too except for the always getting killed part.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #477
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Reposted Updated list. If I have your class wrong or it is not listed, please let me know.
JonInMiddleGA - Luke Warmwater - 10 Worker

I actually haven't selected a class yet. Remained greenhorn in order to get the travel speed bonus when heading down to our second site (there isn't really a hotel anywhere near the place currently incidentally). And I believe(d) it's 8 hours to open the town regardless of my class so I went ahead & started without declaring.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #478
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:

FM

14 but the potential to be 65 if I sunk everything into it right now. Of course, it'd throw quests off for a while. I haven't even figured how to spec for those. Did someone say we can respec later? If so, how does that work?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #479
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

okay, as I said this morning, I spent the night at La Vie Boheme and got an invite overnight.

I replied with this nice telegram:
Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks for the invitation to join your town but I'll have to say no. I have shown this great western world to a group of friends and they have all just started working their way to this part of the world so we'll be founding our town very soon.

In fact, the order was just given to break ground about 40 minutes south of your very nice town. We'll be your neighbors, peaceful neighbors I can assure you. Hope to talk again with you in the future. Who knows, maybe someday one of our shops will have an item on of your citizens might be in need of, who knows...

Take care, Froggie.

you gotta agree that was quite diplomatically well said, even if I do say so myself

Anyway, the invite sender, also the founder of that town replied with this:
Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to reply Froggie.

I'm sure a mutual trade agreement will be of benefit to both our towns in the the future.

Good luck with your new town and shout if you need anything for your builders. We have Clint's Poncho, Red and Fancy Bowties, Brown Bowler hats and the tailors will be at level 7 for the construction jackets in a day or twos time.

Regards,

Trog

Wow, there are items in there I've never even seen with my own eyes.

Anyway, I'll make sure to keep good relationships with them and would ask all duelers not to initiate any duel with members of that town. They have people that are way over you in levels anyway and if they wanted to attack us with their top 10 players (all level 24 and up), we'd be in way over our heads.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #480
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
okay, as I said this morning, I spent the night at La Vie Boheme and got an invite overnight.

I replied with this nice telegram:

you gotta agree that was quite diplomatically well said, even if I do say so myself

Anyway, the invite sender, also the founder of that town replied with this:

Wow, there are items in there I've never even seen with my own eyes.

Anyway, I'll make sure to keep good relationships with them and would ask all duelers not to initiate any duel with members of that town. They have people that are way over you in levels anyway and if they wanted to attack us with their top 10 players (all level 24 and up), we'd be in way over our heads.

FM

We'd be 6 feet under you mean.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #481
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:

FM

How did Van Zandt hit that level, with items? He's only level 10.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #482
Danny
Head Coach

On my way to challenge their whole town with my level 8 greenhorn now!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #483
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Can we have dedicated worker defenders somehow? One complaint I've read is duellers coming out and hitting the same workers over and over. I'd like to see that stopped. I could see being one of the town lawmen or at least a posse member if that's viable. I did originally think of gunman though worker does sound fun too except for the always getting killed part.

Not sure I see where you wanna go with this. A worker who can defend himself? We'll make sure to have duelers and soldiers to retaliate when our workers get hit. By then, we should have the morticians up in both town and we'll let the dogs loose to hit on people on our black list...

To me a defending worker would be a loss of valuable skills...

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #484
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
How did Van Zandt hit that level, with items? He's only level 10.

maybe items, and he's got a 5% bonus for being a worker. Keep that in mind guys.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #485
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not sure I see where you wanna go with this. A worker who can defend himself? We'll make sure to have duelers and soldiers to retaliate when our workers get hit. By then, we should have the morticians up in both town and we'll let the dogs loose to hit on people on our black list...

To me a defending worker would be a loss of valuable skills...

FM

No, no, I wanted to know if we'd have a dueler and soldier defense squad. If that's viable and not taken I'd like to be one of those guys. Town guard kinda thing. I see myself as a closet gun slinger but I don't want to be the Lone Ranger more of a Wyatt Earp since I have a deep attachment to the town I've heard rumors of but haven't seen yet.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #486
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That is construction*3+repairing+leadership.
[/b]

I'll add my stats here for now, just as part of compiling a list. I'm basically the third best option at the moment simply because I'm the third one on the list. I definitely hope I'll be bumped well down the ladder pretty quickly. Based on how I typically play games like this, I'm leaning toward Adventurer as a class since it looks like the closest thing to an all-arounder of the four.

Luke Warmwater (JimGA): 51
Old 04-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #487
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

guys, I'm proud to give you...

The home of the FOFC Empire

Let me know what you think. It's nothing real fancy, but I'm sure it'll prove very useful once we get a few levels of shop up and we have adventurers who are not always part of the towns and want to know what they could save their money for. Remember, outsiders of a town can only see the items of the shop's level minus 2. So if the tailor is level 3, what's shown to the non resident is the goods for level 1.

Danny, PM me an email addy and I'll set you as collaborator so you can update the census online.

Jon, same thing, so I can set you as collaborator to modify your town's information once its founding is over.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #488
Axxon
Pro Starter

I'll just say that I'll eventually choose whatever the town leader says we need. I'm enjoying the game more than I have a right to ( thanks for the heads up Frog Man ) and that won't change whatever I am so this one is for the town.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #489
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I'll just say that I'll eventually choose whatever the town leader says we need. I'm enjoying the game more than I have a right to ( thanks for the heads up Frog Man ) and that won't change whatever I am so this one is for the town.

and I'll tell ya to pick whatever you want, but simply have fun. Soldier could be your thing, but not necessarily putting all your skills into shooting. Simply enough that if some retaliation is needed, and some will at some point, you're there for us...

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #490
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'm pretty sure I'll duel only vs those weaker then me.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #491
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
guys, I'm proud to give you...

The home of the FOFC Empire

Let me know what you think. It's nothing real fancy, but I'm sure it'll prove very useful once we get a few levels of shop up and we have adventurers who are not always part of the towns and want to know what they could save their money for. Remember, outsiders of a town can only see the items of the shop's level minus 2. So if the tailor is level 3, what's shown to the non resident is the goods for level 1.

Danny, PM me an email addy and I'll set you as collaborator so you can update the census online.

Jon, same thing, so I can set you as collaborator to modify your town's information once its founding is over.

FM

Nice. Might want to throw that in the original post. I know I've been having trouble going back through this thread to find some little tidbit I remember reading...
Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #492
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
and I'll tell ya to pick whatever you want, but simply have fun. Soldier could be your thing, but not necessarily putting all your skills into shooting. Simply enough that if some retaliation is needed, and some will at some point, you're there for us...

FM

Ok, then if no one objects, I'll be Axxon, former member of the 10th Cavalry Regiment of the United States Army. That's right, a Buffalo Soldier who mustered out and realized he doesn't have a home to go back to. Axxon is looking to form a new home amongst the people he'd helped defend. Just as at home picking sugar as shooting a Smith and Wesson Axxon has been working his way across the wild west looking for that plot of land he can call home and the kinship that being part of a community can bring him. Axxon is fiercely loyal to those who are loyal to him which is why he still speaks fondly of the Soldiers but he's not naive enough to feel that everyone shares such good will.

Hope this works but I'm still not sure how to spec out. Horseback riding and shooting are going to be biggies since I will want mobility to cover both towns. After that, I guess I'd better get to thinking.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #493
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Great work FM!

For a person from Quebec I find you very tolerable
Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #494
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

PM sent
Old 04-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #495
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Nice. Might want to throw that in the original post. I know I've been having trouble going back through this thread to find some little tidbit I remember reading...

yup, meant to do it. It's now there and I have deleted the census from the first post.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #496
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Great work FM!

For a person from Quebec I find you very tolerable

you're a funny man.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #497
Axxon
Pro Starter

PS, are there any other games like this with this kind of time system? While a huge part of my liking this game is the setting, the gameplay style fits exactly with my attention span and I would be interested to see if there's others using this approach.

This is perfect, not too slow to lose interest but not too much that you burn out. I like watching my task timer count down in a separate window while I play around then jump in and do stuff and I don't feel like my days when I'm at work and can't log in are wasted because I can queue tasks.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #498
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
PS, are there any other games like this with this kind of time system? While a huge part of my liking this game is the setting, the gameplay style fits exactly with my attention span and I would be interested to see if there's others using this approach.

This is perfect, not too slow to lose interest but not too much that you burn out. I like watching my task timer count down in a separate window while I play around then jump in and do stuff and I don't feel like my days when I'm at work and can't log in are wasted because I can queue tasks.

Agreed 100%. I am having a blast with this because I know I don't have to be constantly doing stuff.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #499
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Agreed 100%. I am having a blast with this because I know I don't have to be constantly doing stuff.
Yep, and I thought I was lagging and I was right in the middle. That's so cool and one of the things I worry about when playing online games. Not this one.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #500
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

Don't remember finding one so much the same, but I did post three fighting type games in this thread:
Browser based RPG/character development fighting games - Front Office Football Central

I really enjoy Katsuro, the samurai one, of those three games.

Also, Tribal Wars is made by the same people who made The West. It's more of a medieval town building type thing. Played the English version a while ago with other FOFCers and just restarted in French. Your town will build resources that you can spend, and then it takes more and more time to build, so you can queue longer tasks and such...

FM