Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-31-2019, 07:02 PM   #751
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
SERIOUSLY! Stop Thanking me for my service on MEMORIAL DAY! Its RUDE!

btw, good to see you back man.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #752
thesloppy
Pro Starter

People who hold their phones flat like a plate and then talk into one end: are they morons?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:54 PM   #753
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
People who hold their phones flat like a plate and then talk into one end: are they morons?

No, we're not, we mostly do it because the person on the other end cannot hear well when I am using the speaker.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:36 AM   #754
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Folding fitted sheets
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #755
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I hate it when I call a business and they have poor phone etiquette. For example when they ask me if I can hold, but don't actually wait for me to answer. Of you call a business and start to explain your situation and they immediately cut you off and ask your name, birthdate, etc...I get that is the info you need to get the customer what they need, but let them finish what they are saying, don't just cut them off.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:10 AM   #756
21C
College Prospect

I love watching documentaries with old film footage - I'm currently watching America in Color (not that they are the only culprits). What annoys me to no end is watching all of the sped up film scenes which gives it that silent movie feel. I know that they have the technology to play the footage at 1.0 speed instead of the comical 1.5 or 2.0 speed. I end up playing some of the scenes on my DVR at 0.25 or 0.5 speed just to see it play out normally.
Old 07-15-2020, 02:10 AM   #757
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

From my experience, 1000% fucking morons. But I deal with a lot of shady people.

Last edited by stevew : 07-15-2020 at 02:11 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:42 AM   #758
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
I love watching documentaries with old film footage - I'm currently watching America in Color (not that they are the only culprits). What annoys me to no end is watching all of the sped up film scenes which gives it that silent movie feel. I know that they have the technology to play the footage at 1.0 speed instead of the comical 1.5 or 2.0 speed. I end up playing some of the scenes on my DVR at 0.25 or 0.5 speed just to see it play out normally.

If you haven't seen it, check out "They Shall Not Grow Old". Filmmaker Peter Jackson colorized and restored a bunch of WWI video (including correcting the frames-per-second). They went so far as to get forensic lip-readers to lip-read a particular bit of silent video, research the unit to determine the appropriate accent, and then hire a voice actor with that accent to dub the video. Pretty thorough. Amazon Prime, I think.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 04:21 PM   #759
21C
College Prospect

Noice. I will check it out.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:20 AM   #760
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:

Coincidentally I just ran across this youtube channel which is cool:

Old 07-16-2020, 04:15 AM   #761
21C
College Prospect

That channel is fantastic. Thank you. That is exactly the sort of thing that I was hoping to see with old film.

I know what I will be watching over the next few days.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:01 AM   #762
cuervo72
Head Coach

Posters who do not know "random thoughts" from "pet peeves."

(j/k, just figured I'd bump this )
Old 09-15-2020, 11:09 AM   #763
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

What's the point of Taco Bell "sealing" my bag when they give it to me in drive-thru?

The first thing I'm going to do is open the bag and make sure they got my order right!
Old 09-15-2020, 11:42 AM   #764
CraigSca
Pro Starter

People who can't figure out their mask should fit OVER their nose. I just want to punch people.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:45 AM   #765
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't think they can't figure it out. That's the "I'll minimally comply with your stupid mandate but I'm going to be as comfortable about it as I want and you ain't got the balls to call me out or get me thrown out of this store" mask position.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:28 PM   #766
cuervo72
Head Coach

Some of them. Others are just idiots.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:40 PM   #767
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
People who can't figure out their mask should fit OVER their nose. I just want to punch people.

Indeed.

Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:46 PM   #768
21C
College Prospect

Not excusing it but I think that a lot of them wear glasses are that getting fogged up.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:05 PM   #769
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not excusing it but I think that a lot of them wear glasses are that getting fogged up.

I wear glasses. Mine get fogged up. Suck it up.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:55 AM   #770
21C
College Prospect

Yeah, I wear reading glasses and wear a mask all day at work. Mine don't fog up if I pinch the band across my nose.

I know why they do it but I'm not excusing them.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:19 AM   #771
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
What's the point of Taco Bell "sealing" my bag when they give it to me in drive-thru?

You mean I'm not the only person headscratching about this?

What horrible thing do they fear will happen to it between the time they sealed it and the seconds it took to pass it through the window to me?
Old 09-17-2020, 06:03 AM   #772
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think they seal them so people who get them from meal delivery know they weren’t messed with.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:52 AM   #773
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think they seal them so people who get them from meal delivery know they weren’t messed with.

That would make sense just fine ... except when you're getting your own order from the drivethru, well, it just seems incredibly silly
Old 09-17-2020, 07:07 AM   #774
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I've never gotten home delivery from Taco Bell but I would think the driver would double-check the order before delivering it.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:10 AM   #775
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
That would make sense just fine ... except when you're getting your own order from the drivethru, well, it just seems incredibly silly

Sounds like they are going with the KISS principle.

Anything that goes out the door will be sealed.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #776
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I've never gotten home delivery from Taco Bell but I would think the driver would double-check the order before delivering it.

You would be extremely wrong.

My wife has fallen in love with doordash and I would say they operate less than 50% when it comes to not screwing the order up. Including a recent Chipolte one where we literally didn't get half the order.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #777
spleen1015
Coordinator

We had early success with DoorDash. Then we had a run of about 5 orders where the order was wrong or the driver was delivering multiple orders and ours arrived cold.

I get they need to deliver more than one order at a time, but when the driver waits at one place for more than 30 minutes before picking up my order, delivers the other one first, that doesn't work for me.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:07 PM   #778
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My favorite experiences doordashing would be when they'd send you to pick up Chipolte, Dairy Queen and something completely fucked like Five Guys on the same delivery. Great that Five Guys doesn't drop the fries before I break the plane of the door, but those peanut buster parfaits are getting mighty soft while I'm waiting for fresh fries that I won't deliver for another 30 minutes.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:14 PM   #779
JediKooter
Coordinator

Freaking youtube video bloggers that have ear bleedingly loud intro music at level 20 on the volumeometer, but, I have to crank it up to 80 just hear them talk. Balance your freaking audio!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 06:35 PM   #780
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

My new pet peeve is when I see articles such as "Internet reacts to NFL news" when I have no idea what the NFL news is. Just tell me what the news is for f*** sake.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 12-19-2021 at 06:36 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 07:41 PM   #781
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh, the nightly news (ABC is the worst at it) does it all the time; they tease something very vague going into MULTIPLE commercial breaks ("and we have news on Bruce Springsteen"). It's said very seriously and they don't let on what it is. Then in the final segment they spend about ten seconds revealing what they've teased ("the Boss has sold his LEGENDARY catalog for $500m!"). Time-wasting MFers.

(And the thing is, if you have the internet and any sense of awareness you've already heard whatever it is.)

Last edited by cuervo72 : 12-19-2021 at 07:42 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 08:01 PM   #782
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
My new pet peeve is when I see articles such as "Internet reacts to NFL news" when I have no idea what the NFL news is. Just tell me what the news is for f*** sake.

+10000 on this. It has gotten to an even more annoying level than it was before, which I didn't think was possible.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:08 AM   #783
PilotMan
Head Coach

I really hate putting hand lotion on, and then needing to pee and wash, not 2 minutes later.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 11:40 AM   #784
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Just because you bought yourself a huge ass truck doesn't mean you get to take up 3 parking spots, especially the ones right in front of the building.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:47 AM   #785
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I worked for years in insurance so I have met all kinds of people with all kinds of cars. I can say virtually 100% of people who drive trucks are colossal douchebags.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:36 PM   #786
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to driving in Texas

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 02:09 PM   #787
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I get unreasonably annoyed when the food delivery drivers call me directly, outside of company protocol, to let me know they're "out in front" of my apartment building. Feels like some passive-aggressive prompt to do the last part of their job for them....I'm like "Congratulations! I am still all the way up the stairs and behind the door you were contracted to deliver to"

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-03-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-03-2022, 04:08 PM   #788
BYU 14
Coordinator

From the unwritten gym etiquette rule book. It is really not a big deal, but it still annoys me when working out by the dumbbell racks, which always have a mirror behind them, when someone walks in front of you, instead of behind while you are doing a set.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 06:44 PM   #789
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I get unreasonably annoyed when the food delivery drivers call me directly, outside of company protocol, to let me know they're "out in front" of my apartment building. Feels like some passive-aggressive prompt to do the last part of their job for them....I'm like "Congratulations! I am still all the way up the stairs and behind the door you were contracted to deliver to"

Collectively, among the food delivery community, nobody is going upstairs anymore
Old 03-11-2022, 08:13 PM   #790
21C
College Prospect

I have been reasonably lucky in my condo where I have lived for the past 8 1/2 years but I hate when a smoker moves in and I get all of their smoke blowing into my place.

I love to have fresh air circulating even when the weather gets cooler so I hate that I have to close the doors (no windows - only two large sliding doors) most of the time since I now have a smoker and a vaper nearby.

I know that they have the right to smoke but I resent that they don't want to have the smoke inside their place but I get to have it in my place.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:26 PM   #791
rjolley
College Starter

People who eat potato chips loudly. Do I want to hear you crunch through a bag of Lays? No. Just close your mouth.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:01 PM   #792
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
People who eat potato chips loudly. Do I want to hear you crunch through a bag of Lays? No. Just close your mouth.

Are those Munchos? They sound like it!
Old 04-30-2022, 04:10 PM   #793
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Any youtube video filmed in a person's car (unless relevant to the content) is an instant dislike for me.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 04-30-2022 at 04:11 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 04:58 PM   #794
Critch
lolzcat

I'm over pixel graphic games.

It's 2020-something, make my games pretty.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 07:32 PM   #795
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
I'm over pixel graphic games.

It's 2020-something, make my games pretty.

You need to try Iron Oath, I am not generally a fan either, but it is so good!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 03:46 PM   #796
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

People who bring their dogs everywhere annoy the shit out of me. Your dog doesn't need to be in the grocery store or body shop. I assure you they will be happier at home.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:35 PM   #797
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
People who bring their dogs everywhere annoy the shit out of me. Your dog doesn't need to be in the grocery store or body shop. I assure you they will be happier at home.
I'm with you on this one.

And people who call their pets "fur babies" (unless that's just an Australian thing).
Old 05-01-2022, 07:39 PM   #798
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

No, it definitely not just an Australian thing. I love my Leeroy, and I do miss him when I am gone. But yeah, he doesn't need to be with me everywhere I go.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 02:21 AM   #799
21C
College Prospect

I just remembered the time that a woman at work was talking "her boys". She talking about what "her boys" would get up to and it confused me because I thought that she didn't have any kids. Somebody eventually told me that she was talking about her dogs.
Old 05-03-2022, 03:38 PM   #800
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Twitter etiquette, or apparent complete lack there of.

Primarily people that 'tweet' nothing else but quoting another person and at that take that other person's words out of context. Especially if they proclaim to be journalists. If you truly are a professional journalist, then you have the decency to work for an actual journalistic entity and they will report it, you don't blab on the world's biggest gossip website and in particular you don't take words of another person out of context.

The end results is usually a snowball effect of copycat followers, who simply quote those unprofessional gossip scoops. Sometimes it results in a musician pronounced dead, a sports personality prematurely acclaim to retire, or dead whishes.

Or is this a global "social media" thing? And should I generalize it?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote