Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #151
Autumn
Head Coach

Throw a bucket of water at her head. It always works in the movies.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #152
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Yeah but then you've got to do laundry...the sheets will be all wet.

And probably covered in your blood too.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #153
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Jackasses who treat their truck bed like a trash can, then drive down the freeway at 80mph and are completely oblivious to the trail of trash they are leaving.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #154
Drake
assmaster

My wife is one of those women who announces early in the relationship that "you should never talk to me for the first hour after I wake up" and then spends the next decade proving how true that is.

Seriously, 99% of the time, I don't even get her up to help me get the kids off to school because all she does is scream at everybody until we're out the door, so it isn't like I look forward to waking her up anyway. She's never had an alarm clock she actually hears/can't sleep through...so most of our marriage has consisted of me sneaking out of the house in the AM and her sleeping until noon.

Some battles are worth fighting. Some battles are worth ignoring so you live longer.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #155
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
My wife is one of those women who announces early in the relationship that "you should never talk to me for the first hour after I wake up" and then spends the next decade proving how true that is.

Seriously, 99% of the time, I don't even get her up to help me get the kids off to school because all she does is scream at everybody until we're out the door, so it isn't like I look forward to waking her up anyway. She's never had an alarm clock she actually hears/can't sleep through...so most of our marriage has consisted of me sneaking out of the house in the AM and her sleeping until noon.

Some battles are worth fighting. Some battles are worth ignoring so you live longer.

Jesus, man. Do yourself a favor and get outta dodge as soon as the kids go off to college/work.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #156
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
...all she does is scream at everybody until we're out the door...so most of our marriage has consisted of me sneaking out of the house in the AM and her sleeping until noon.

RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #157
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I guess a little "morning delight" is out of the question then.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #158
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I don't think this is necessarily a pet peeve, but I get seriously annoyed when people like something in Facebook that shouldn't be liked. Several months ago there was an NPR article about some reporters getting kidnapped in North Korea... and people liked it. Today there's a CNN article about 8 people getting shot in Orlando, FL and people are liking it! WTF?! Are people that heartless or is this just a stupid Facebook fad?
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #159
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I don't think this is necessarily a pet peeve, but I get seriously annoyed when people like something in Facebook that shouldn't be liked. Several months ago there was an NPR article about some reporters getting kidnapped in North Korea... and people liked it. Today there's a CNN article about 8 people getting shot in Orlando, FL and people are liking it! WTF?! Are people that heartless or is this just a stupid Facebook fad?

I think it is just people saying that they like that the story was reported, not that they like the events that occurred. With that being said, it IS pretty stupid. Only click on "like" if it is a good story, not something about people dying. At least in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #160
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I can see that but it's still pretty idiotic. It's as silly as people who post, "first", "second", "third", etc. when something's being reported. When I see an article I like and wanna read the comments, more than half are these kinds of comments. It really gets on my nerves.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #161
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
It's as silly as people who post, "first", "second", "third", etc. when something's being reported.

Yeah it is rather absurd to waste a comment on something like "first" or "second". Maybe they are just narcisistic or something, I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #162
Autumn
Head Coach

162nd!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #163
RainMaker
General Manager

1) Long lines at a retail store. I know it's not the employee's fault, but it sucks that you have to wait 30 minutes to actually buy something from someone. This is mostly aimed at grocery stores. I mean splurge and open another register for $9/hour and make your customers happy.

2) When there is a long line at a convenient store and the person is determined to pay by exact change. 89 cents, no problem for them. Or the women who are in a long line and don't have their purse or wallets open when they get the total. Just an asshole thing to do.

3) Contractors who bail on projects. Have had this happen with two web designers in the last month. We are in a massive recession and I know these guys are hurting (they told me when we hired them). But for some reason they disappear in mid-project to do God knows what. Always come back weeks later when someone else has finished it with some lame excuse. I've had issues with getting contractors to do stuff on my roof too. It's like people don't want to work.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #164
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Can a person be a pet peeve?

For various reasons, there is a lady in the office that I want to take my keyboard and smash it across the back of her head.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #165
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Idiot drives annoy me to know end.

I had a lady behind me a few weeks ago. We were about about 500 feet from a lane closure on our right. She decides to whip around me into the lane that is closing, and attempt to pass me. I nearly ran into her as she whipped around me. That was the greatest Driving WTF I have ever witnessed. And for what gain?

Another of mine, is when you are driving with the flow of traffic, and some guy or gal is riding you ass. Its like WTF dude, if I could go any faster here I would.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #166
Malificent
High School JV

Construction dump trucks with the "Stay 300 feet back. Not responsible for debris." If a standard car is roughly 16 feet, they're saying "if you aren't approximately 19 car lengths behind us, we're not responsible for crap dropping off our truck." And I say, hell yes you are. Noone drives a full football field length behind another car.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #167
dacman
College Benchwarmer

People trying to set you up with their weird, bizzare friend -- the kind you would never go out with in a million years. "I don't know why no one will go out with her, she's really nice." No she's a kind of ugly major freakaziod that creeps people out! And you think so highly of me you want me to go out with THAT -- now I have to question our friendship, too. ARRGGH.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #168
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsDino View Post
People that don't merge early, zip by you in the lane that is obviously closed up ahead, and then expect to be allowed to merge at the very end. Extremely inefficient for traffic, and plain rude and greedy. (If people did not do that the probability of a jam in the first place will decrease because everyone would just glide through the chokepoint instead of hesistating due to the late merger).

Don't bitch at them for following the signs that say "USE BOTH LANES TILL MERGE POINT!". If some people weren't such jerks they would just let every other car in and traffic would move fine.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #169
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
My pet peeve is folks not using the word freakazoid enough, and when they do.... it ends up misspelled.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #170
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Here's one of mine - those commercials on TV for tax lawyers and the wonderful reductions in taxes owed to the government from their clients.

"I owed the IRS $1.2 million dollars and ended up paying $10,000. Thanks, Mr. Shyster!"

Oh great - so, you successfully bilked the government almost the full amount of your taxes owed. High-five to ya, my man! I'll just continue to pay my taxes and drive my 5 year old Honda while you jet off to Aspen for the weekend.

Now - I'm not going to talk about the reckless government spending, or the fact that the tax code is by all accounts screwed up - but I can't stand to hear people who are getting away with tax evasion.

Thank you!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #171
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog View Post
Idiot drives annoy me to know end.

I had a lady behind me a few weeks ago. We were about about 500 feet from a lane closure on our right. She decides to whip around me into the lane that is closing, and attempt to pass me. I nearly ran into her as she whipped around me. That was the greatest Driving WTF I have ever witnessed. And for what gain?

Another of mine, is when you are driving with the flow of traffic, and some guy or gal is riding you ass. Its like WTF dude, if I could go any faster here I would.
I love the guys in the city who bolt off a light like it's the Indy 500 only to be stuck at another red light within 200 feet (and sitting right next to my car again). Somehow thinking that going 55 MPH from one light to the next in the city is going to save him some time.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #172
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

My zipper. I never had to push the holder down to lock it and now I have to because my zipper got worn and goes down in three steps. The problem is I never had to touch my zipper when I whipped it out before and now I have to pull it down.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:50 PM   #173
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I love the guys in the city who bolt off a light like it's the Indy 500 only to be stuck at another red light within 200 feet (and sitting right next to my car again). Somehow thinking that going 55 MPH from one light to the next in the city is going to save him some time.

This. They probably wonder why they get shitty gas mileage and have to replace their brakes very often.

Still though, sitting in the passing lane and going the speed limit or less is probably my biggest driving peeve lately. I hate having to pas on the right cause someone doesn't understand how the road. I only go about 5-9 over.

And semi trucks. Fuck those things.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #174
RainMaker
General Manager

Another is this new trend of news/sports shows on TV letting me know what every shithead on Facebook or Twitter thinks. Our President is in Asia on a trip and I need to see what TwilightFan45324 thinks of it.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #175
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Twilight. Are you kidding me? The movie had the plot and budget of an after school special. Just horrible how popular this is.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #176
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Twilight. Are you kidding me? The movie had the plot and budget of an after school special. Just horrible how popular this is.

Couldn't agree with you more, just a horrible, horrible movie. The second one looks just as bad.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #177
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I just watched the movie today. That SNL "Firelight" spoof was so hilarious now that I finally saw the movie.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #178
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Well, it is geared for the 13-16 year old girl crowd. So throw it in the big garbage pile that consists of all the shitty boy bands and Hannah Montana crap, but, those girls are spending mom and dads money on it so, it keeps getting made. I weep for our future of entertainment...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #179
Blade6119
Coordinator

One of the girls im dating doesnt laugh, she just keeps saying "thats soo funny!"...I know it was on scrubs, and it pisses me off just as much as it did JD
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:23 AM   #180
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
One of the girls im dating doesnt laugh, she just keeps saying "thats soo funny!"...I know it was on scrubs, and it pisses me off just as much as it did JD

yuck
Old 11-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #181
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Another one of mine, is being blasted with christmas stuff before thanksgiving.

Its not so bad that they put that stuff out at walmart. But when people start turning their lights on, and I turn on the radio and hear it, then that starts to get under my skin.

I firmly believe that Christmas season does not start until black friday.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #182
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog View Post
Another one of mine, is being blasted with christmas stuff before thanksgiving.

Its not so bad that they put that stuff out at walmart. But when people start turning their lights on, and I turn on the radio and hear it, then that starts to get under my skin.

I firmly believe that Christmas season does not start until black friday.

+1000000
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #183
SportsDino
College Prospect

If I saw a sign that said 'use both signs before merge point' then I guess I would think differently. Have not seen such a sign at any of the points I'm thinking of though. I HAVE seen people drive on the margin of the road pretending it is another lane and then expect to be merged back into traffic ahead of everyone else, while talking on a cell phone.

I'll err on the side of calling dumb mergers assholes until proven innocent.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #184
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Chubby

In New York can you use food stamps to buy cold prepared Foods, slurpees, fountain drinks, etc? I used to work at a Sheetz in PA and it would slay me when people used EBT to buy frozen coffee drinks. Or 40 bucks worth of cold subs.

I stumbled into this thread... i think in New Jersey you cannot buy prepared food with food stamps (or whatever the electronic equivelant is this days). It may just be 'hot food' though. Also, IIRC, you cant buy carbonated beverages either.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #185
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

+ infinity

I work with women...actually girls would be more accurate, though they are in their 20's and 30's...who talk about this bullshit nonstop.

"It's so romantic...it's so sweet"

Really? Then I feel very sorry for their husbands.

Everytime I walk past their desks and they are on People reading about this crap...i throw up in my mouth a little.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #186
stevew
Hall Of Famer

AutoTone

Not thst it hasn't been played out for a long time. But now virtually every pop song features a robot voice these days.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #187
Izulde
Head Coach

Stephanie Meyer and Anne Rice are two people that inflame my desire to go on a homocidal rampage.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #188
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Kay jewelry commercials.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #189
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

People who try on clothes in a fitting room and leave them on the floor. If you're not gonna take them, have the decency to leave them hanging in the room for an employee to put them away.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #190
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

When you ask someone a yes or no question and they go on a long ass tangent about something that has nothing to do with the original question.

I went to pay rent and asked the leasing agent a simple yes or no question and the girl kept talking... and talking... and talking. I had to interrupt and ask if the answer was yes. I just don't have that kind of time.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 01-04-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

There should be a checkout lane at the supermarket for people under the age of 60 who not only have an ATM card but know how to use it efficiently.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #192
RainMaker
General Manager

People who turn every single conversation and topic into something political.

"The Bulls aren't playing too well lately"
"I'm sure the liberals are begging for them to get a bailout"

You can go to any news story on a major site and the comments ultimately turn into some Obama bashing or political complaint.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #193
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The supermarket in general. I went in the other day and shopped during the day for the first time in maybe a decade. I'm a midnight or later shopper. I'm getting cut off by old people. Or raced around by assholes. I about broke out some C-Bombs on a chick who almost nailed me with her cart. Twice, in two different aisles.

Then, I forgot how people randomly talk to you. Like it's suddenly acceptable to have a conversation with a stranger, just cause we are both looking at pork. Then people don't respect your personal space. I'm checking out, putting my stuff on the lane. This mouthbreather who smelled funny was basically 2 inches away from my body. I go to swipe my ATM, and he's like staring at the pin pad. I went into full on box out mode, like I was trying to grab a rebound.

Basically the only reason I went was cause they had some amazing meat specials, plus I had accrued 18% off in groceries cause I buy a lot of gasoline from Giant Eagle. So I got like "400 dollars" worth of food for like $250. It was worth it, i guess. As long as the guy didn't give me head lice.

Yeah, I'm aware of the fact that I'm an asshole.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #194
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

steve, you sound like someone who's lives in L.A.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #195
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

People that are so anti-social that they won't talk to me at the supermarket.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000

Last edited by lordscarlet : 01-15-2010 at 09:08 AM.
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #196
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Another is this new trend of news/sports shows on TV letting me know what every shithead on Facebook or Twitter thinks. Our President is in Asia on a trip and I need to see what TwilightFan45324 thinks of it.

+1

British comedy duo Mitchell and Webb did a very funny skit on this topic, talking about how world was going to end then asking people "so what do you think". Pretty funny.

I don't even care what "experts" think most of the time, why would I care what some random idiots thinks?
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #197
JPhillips
General Manager

The Ford commercial where they show a circular saw slice a piece of plywood with a curved cut.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #198
JS19
College Prospect

People buying $50 worth of lotto tickets when all I wanna do is drop a $20 on the counter for gas and be on my way. It's not so much the people, but there should be an entirely different store dedicated to lotto alone.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #199
rjolley
College Starter

Watching tv shows or movies and they advertise another show or movie in the lower part of the screen. You're telling me you can't wait until the commercial break to tell me about a show I could care less about? Everyone doesn't jump through commercials. (ok, most of us do, but work with me here)

And speaking of commercials, I can't stand the way they change the volume. Have it set to a nice level...get distracted by something...then BLAM!!! My eardrums are assaulted by a commercial about some tax lawyer.

Last edited by rjolley : 01-24-2010 at 08:41 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #200
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

People who don't know how to go around a corner in a crowded place. I have included a diagram. Notice I am sticking as far right as I can, hugging the wall, yet idiots always feel the need to fly around the same corner but on the left.