Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #5101
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I was thinking about just bringing up the worst kept secret in the world: She's having an affair with the sales manager.

Nice! That should do it too.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #5102
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I went to look at a car today. I like it & it's the right price, but it turned out to have a rebuilt title. Called a mechanic my mom trusts. He said you couldn't give him a rebuilt title for free. Yet another dammit, dammit.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #5103
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Meant to post this when I got in this morning:

Is ESPN radio trying to run off listeners? Late last week, either Thursday or Friday, they had SKIP F'N BAYLESS sitting along side Greenie, and this morning I get in the car and it's no less than STEPHEN A. SMITH!!! yammering about shit he doesn't know. I mean really...is it going to be Bayless and Smith tomorrow? Because that's about the only way it could get worse.

Is there ANYONE who likes Stephen A Smith?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #5104
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post

Stephen A. Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #5105
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I like Stephen A. and Skip. But I probably couldn't deal with either in the morning.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #5106
spleen1015
Coordinator

I didn't think Stephen A. Smith was all that bad when he had the morning show on FSR. The guy Dan that was his sidekick made the show unbearable. Deb Carson was pretty good.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #5107
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

My monitor only produces an annoying hum when I'm on FOFC. Strange.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #5108
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Meant to post this when I got in this morning:

Is ESPN radio trying to run off listeners? Late last week, either Thursday or Friday, they had SKIP F'N BAYLESS sitting along side Greenie, and this morning I get in the car and it's no less than STEPHEN A. SMITH!!! yammering about shit he doesn't know. I mean really...is it going to be Bayless and Smith tomorrow? Because that's about the only way it could get worse.

I've never listened to Mike and Mike before but listened for a few minutes while flipping through stations on my way to work. They had an Ask Golic segment whereo Golic basically answered every question with, "maybe."
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #5109
Ksyrup

I definitely don't listen to them for substance. They have their shtick of Greenie being the slight, non-athletic metrosexual and Golic being the overweight dufus oaf, and that's slightly amusing. I like when they have their insiders on to talk news and notes. And I'm only in the car for about 20 minutes, so I basically get 1.5 segments, tops. But 1.5 seconds is too much of Bayless or STEPHEN A. SMITH!!!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #5110
RainMaker
General Manager

It makes me sick how some people will treat retail employees. Today as I was in line I went off on a lady.

This is a nice, local deli. The people there are really nice, know the regulars names/orders, and I've never seen or heard a bad thing about the place. So today I'm in line and some lady is a total bitch to a young girl working the register. It was over something stupid like charging for extra meat or cheese. We're talking like 25 or 50 cents. And mind you, this is in a relatively upper class area.

So the lady is just irate over this and almost screaming at the poor girl behind the counter. Then as she's walking away says "this is why you have to work a register at a deli". The young girl was really rattled by the whole thing.

After I get my order she's out talking on her cell phone. I said "maybe if you didn't act like such a fat fucking cunt all the time, your life wouldn't be as miserable as it is" and walked away. Usually not the kind of person to say that kind of stuff, but this really pissed me off. She looked aghast and didn't say anything.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #5111
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It makes me sick how some people will treat retail employees. Today as I was in line I went off on a lady.

This is a nice, local deli. The people there are really nice, know the regulars names/orders, and I've never seen or heard a bad thing about the place. So today I'm in line and some lady is a total bitch to a young girl working the register. It was over something stupid like charging for extra meat or cheese. We're talking like 25 or 50 cents. And mind you, this is in a relatively upper class area.

So the lady is just irate over this and almost screaming at the poor girl behind the counter. Then as she's walking away says "this is why you have to work a regYister at a deli". The young girl was really rattled by the whole thing.

After I get my order she's out talking on her cell phone. I said "maybe if you didn't act like such a fat fucking cunt all the time, your life wouldn't be as miserable as it is" and walked away. Usually not the kind of person to say that kind of stuff, but this really
pissed me off. She looked aghast and didn't say anything.

Well done.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #5112
stevew
Hall Of Famer

big props
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #5113
JediKooter
Coordinator

Pumpy would have punched her in the dick.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 08-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #5114
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

golf clap for RainMaker. that was beautiful
Old 08-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #5115
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Well...in the span of a week I went from having a very reliable Toyota Camry, to having a rod bearing break, to selling it on Craigslist for $750. Sure, it was falling apart and had a multitude of little issues, but it was a good car for me for a decade. Kind of bummed tonight.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #5116
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Pumpy would have punched her in the dick.
Yeah, that's really the only way to settle some business.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #5117
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

So the lady is just irate over this and almost screaming at the poor girl behind the counter. Then as she's walking away says "this is why you have to work a register at a deli". The young girl was really rattled by the whole thing.

After I get my order she's out talking on her cell phone. I said "maybe if you didn't act like such a fat fucking cunt all the time, your life wouldn't be as miserable as it is" and walked away. Usually not the kind of person to say that kind of stuff, but this really pissed me off. She looked aghast and didn't say anything.

10 minutes later she was still on the phone (with an attitude) saying "What I should have said to him was this: _____"
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #5118
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
golf clap for RainMaker. that was beautiful

Indeed.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:52 AM   #5119
Suicane75
Coordinator

No matter how many times I have done it or regardless of the fact that I know It's coming, I still recoil in fright every time I pop open a can of biscuits.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 08-10-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #5120
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No matter how many times I have done it or regardless of the fact that I know It's coming, I still recoil in fright every time I pop open a can of biscuits.

Me, too, tho I haven't made them in years so I suspect the next time will have me extra jumpy

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #5121
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

precisely what this thread is all about
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #5122
Ksyrup

My wife is the same way. Very strange, but funny to watch.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #5123
spleen1015
Coordinator

Greenie going on and on and on and on and on about MJD this morning is too fucking much.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #5124
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Greenie going on and on and on and on and on about MJD this morning is too fucking much.

More than 5 minutes of him going on about pretty much anything is too fucking much.

Not sure when M&M jumped the shark but it's far enough back that they've not only cleared the shark but have finished the swim to shore, showered, changed, and are on their third Mai-Tai.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-10-2011 at 09:22 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #5125
Ksyrup

Like anything wildly popular and over-publicized, it gets to be too much after a while. I can handle 15 minutes a morning of them, though.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #5126
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Me too! And champagne, too.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #5127
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

That is funny I just had a can blow up on me today while I was opening it! It was neat!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #5128
TroyF
Coordinator

What the hell happened to Janeane Garofalo. I watched her on the Green Room the other night and she's simply lost her humor. She's so certain republicans are responsible for all of the evil in the world, she's just mean. I used to like her and I loved the fact she had some leading roles despite not fitting the Hollywood blond bimbo crap, but she's unwatchable for me now. Ruined a show I really like.

I was flying today and the TSA was doing random ID spot checks for a flight from Salt Lake City to Vegas. These are checks right before the flight takes off and people are boarding. So you fight through security and then they want to do these spot checks. . . and they choose a flight from Salt Lake to Vegas? I'm all for airport security and playing it safe, but for the love of God, do they think anything is happening on that flight? Seriously?

I get to go to Alaska and Northern NY in the next two weeks. (Mammoth Lakes, CA tonight) Back to back weekends of nature and the MLB hall of fame in Cooperstown. Life is good, even if I'd like a break from traveling for awhile.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #5129
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quick question for West Coast nature lovers: better to spend a day at Yosemite or at Tahoe?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #5130
Rizon
Pro Starter

Is Facebook down? I haven't been able to reach it all morning (from 2 diff locations).
Quote:
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #5131
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

No issues reaching it here.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #5132
Passacaglia
Coordinator

It's a little slow, but I'm able to access it using m.facebook.com
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #5133
Passacaglia
Coordinator

But using facebook.com does not work for me.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #5134
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Is Facebook down? I haven't been able to reach it all morning (from 2 diff locations).

No problems here either
Old 08-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #5135
Rizon
Pro Starter

Finally works for me. Weird.
Quote:
Old 08-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #5136
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Quick question for West Coast nature lovers: better to spend a day at Yosemite or at Tahoe?

Yosemite is probably still crowded with the summer vacation people, but, don't quote me on it and I've heard traffic can get pretty bad there. Tahoe, probably isn't as crowded, but, it's also smaller.

I guess it just depends on what you prefer. There's Tahoe, which is there because of the lake and then there's Yosemite, that has more things to see as far as natural 'wonders' style things.

The Best Time To Visit Yosemite National Park

Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #5137
spleen1015
Coordinator

Why is the Michael Jackson tribute concert happening in England?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #5138
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Me, too, tho I haven't made them in years so I suspect the next time will have me extra jumpy

SI

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
precisely what this thread is all about

Quote:
My wife is the same way. Very strange, but funny to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Me too! And champagne, too.

/tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
That is funny I just had a can blow up on me today while I was opening it! It was neat!

I always think of this when opening a can of these

http://www.snopes.com/crime/safety/biscuit.asp
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #5139
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I find Greenie and Golic slightly more tolerable now than say a year ago. Mainly because my commute went from 45+ minutes to about 15 minutes.

A lot like ESPNews, in that small of a time frame, it's acceptable. I'm getting news/scores and not a whole lot of opinion from people I don't believe know any more than I do.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #5140
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Apparently it wasn't just you (although this is more like widespread glitches than total connection fail)

Yes, Facebook Is On The Fritz Today
Old 08-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #5141
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

I will wait to see if the inverse is also true.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #5142
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Apparently it wasn't just you (although this is more like widespread glitches than total connection fail)

Yes, Facebook Is On The Fritz Today

Probably explains all the weird things I've been seeing. Though it was really cool yesterday to see nothing but pics (I couldn't find that setting you were telling me about, next to News Feed).
Quote:
Old 08-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #5143
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I always think of this when opening a can of these

http://www.snopes.com/crime/safety/biscuit.asp

MythBusters: Biscuit Bullet : Video : Discovery Channel
Old 08-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #5144
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Probably explains all the weird things I've been seeing. Though it was really cool yesterday to see nothing but pics (I couldn't find that setting you were telling me about, next to News Feed).

I prolly didn't describe it very well.

At the top of your wall, far left of the center frame is "News Feed" (just a text header, not a link to anything)

To the right of that, basically right justified from the right edge of the center frame should be two things: first a hotlink for "Top News" and then to the right of that, a pull-down menu that lets you select what appears on your wall from "Most Recent", "Games", "Status Updates", "Photos", "Links", "Pages", "Questions" or "All" (listing them all here since I have no idea which one you're seeing at the moment)
Old 08-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #5145
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I prolly didn't describe it very well.

At the top of your wall, far left of the center frame is "News Feed" (just a text header, not a link to anything)

To the right of that, basically right justified from the right edge of the center frame should be two things: first a hotlink for "Top News" and then to the right of that, a pull-down menu that lets you select what appears on your wall from "Most Recent", "Games", "Status Updates", "Photos", "Links", "Pages", "Questions" or "All" (listing them all here since I have no idea which one you're seeing at the moment)

I must be blind??? (names greyed out to protect the "innocent")
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (39.8 KB, 218 views)
Quote:
Old 08-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #5146
Rizon
Pro Starter

AH, I found it. I had to click on the Most Recent link, then the dropdown arrow appeared. Never even knew that was there, wow. Thanks.
Quote:
Old 08-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #5147
Rizon
Pro Starter

Holy crap this drop down menu has changed my life.
Quote:
Old 08-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #5148
JediKooter
Coordinator

Fun Canadian T-Shirts!! I wonder what the un-fun Canadian T-shirts are like?

Old 08-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #5149
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Fun Canadian T-Shirts!! I wonder what the un-fun Canadian T-shirts are like?

Probably t-shirts sold in Quebec.
Quote:
Old 08-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #5150
spleen1015
Coordinator

Shouldn't there be a preseason NFL thread?