Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #2551
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I don't care how close the next person is. I make sure that when I approach a door, I pee on the handle/doorknob and sneeze on the door itself.

Don't pee while sneezing, your head will jerk downwards, your hand upwards and you might hit your face.

Just sayin.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:53 AM   #2552
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
The speed at which my head turns upward and my jaw drops when I see the girl from the Verizon Adrian Pederson commercial is going to get me into serious, serious trouble one of these days.

My wife has the same reaction when a commercial featuring Jessica Gomes is on the air. Should I be worried?

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #2553
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think I'm done with Chinese food.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #2554
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dola-

We need some non white, non mexicans to move into our area. Especially if they can cook.

Last edited by stevew : 01-05-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #2555
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
dola-

We need some non white, non mexicans to move into our area. Especially if they can cook.

That is one thing I'm jealous of major cities for, the diversity of restaurants.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #2556
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLee View Post
My wife has the same reaction when a commercial featuring Jessica Gomes is on the air. Should I be worried?

More like encouraged.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #2557
JediKooter
Coordinator

So my aunt committed suicide and died on New Years eve. I don't really know what to say other than, why in the hell was a gun in the house to begin with? She wasn't always the most stable person and never really sober (alcohol and drugs) and the guy that she lived with HAD to have known that. My other aunt, her twin, died 27/28 years ago of an accidental overdose, so as crappy as it is, I am not surprised.

She was always very nice to me and treated me good and I'll never forget that. Just wish she could have overcome whatever demons she thought were chasing her.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #2558
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
So my aunt committed suicide and died on New Years eve. I don't really know what to say other than, why in the hell was a gun in the house to begin with? She wasn't always the most stable person and never really sober (alcohol and drugs) and the guy that she lived with HAD to have known that. My other aunt, her twin, died 27/28 years ago of an accidental overdose, so as crappy as it is, I am not surprised.

She was always very nice to me and treated me good and I'll never forget that. Just wish she could have overcome whatever demons she thought were chasing her.

Always sad to hear things like this. One can only hope that she is in a better place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #2559
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Always sad to hear things like this. One can only hope that she is in a better place.

It is sad indeed. I hope so too.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #2560
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I'm having surgery tomorrow. I had to see my doctor yesterday because 2 days after scheduling the surgery, I ended up falling in my shower and having my back in more pain. So I had to get another MRI, and then follow up with him before the surgery to ensure that nothing had changed (only "change" was that I made the disc herniation bigger/worse).

I scheduled this surgery in November. In my appointment yesterday, he casually mentioned that there could be an up to 20% chance of spinal fluid leak with this surgery. Um. WHY ON EARTH DIDN'T HE TELL ME THIS A MONTH AND A HALF AGO?!?!

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #2561
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I'm having surgery tomorrow. I had to see my doctor yesterday because 2 days after scheduling the surgery, I ended up falling in my shower and having my back in more pain. So I had to get another MRI, and then follow up with him before the surgery to ensure that nothing had changed (only "change" was that I made the disc herniation bigger/worse).

I scheduled this surgery in November. In my appointment yesterday, he casually mentioned that there could be an up to 20% chance of spinal fluid leak with this surgery. Um. WHY ON EARTH DIDN'T HE TELL ME THIS A MONTH AND A HALF AGO?!?!

/tk

Cause you would have freaked out about it for a month and a half. This way, you only have, what, like 16 more hours or freaking out probably. He saved you a load of stress.

My sister has had multiple surgeries, although I don't know if she beats your record. She tore a tendon + nerve damage in her ankle when she was 15. She's now 26. She's had a tens unit (spelling?) inserted into her back and removed that was supposed to "treat" the nerves, plus a handful of surgeries on the ankle itself. I know when removing the tens unit, there was some issue with spinal fluid, but I can't honestly remember what the deal was...I'll try and find out.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #2562
JediKooter
Coordinator

I guess twice in less than a year was more than what my luck bucket can handle. I survived a round of layoffs today. I'm happy I'm still working, but, feel bad for the people that got let go.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #2563
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

What the fuck did I get myself into, you stupid fucking man...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #2564
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Cause you would have freaked out about it for a month and a half. This way, you only have, what, like 16 more hours or freaking out probably. He saved you a load of stress.

Maybe, maybe not. I wasn't "supposed" to see him...if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have ended up seeing him between when I originally scheduled it (in mid-November) and tomorrow (surgery day).

Just seems weird that since it's a risk he didn't mention it originally. Oh well.

/tk
Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #2565
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
My sister has had multiple surgeries, although I don't know if she beats your record. She tore a tendon + nerve damage in her ankle when she was 15. She's now 26. She's had a tens unit (spelling?) inserted into her back and removed that was supposed to "treat" the nerves, plus a handful of surgeries on the ankle itself. I know when removing the tens unit, there was some issue with spinal fluid, but I can't honestly remember what the deal was...I'll try and find out.

Dola,
Interesting. When I talked to the pain management doctor last year, he said that at 31, I wasn't a good candidate for spinal stimulation to make my pain go away; he said I'm too young. I don't know if that's what your sister had, but very interesting.

To treat my ankle nerve issues, they removed a portion of the nerve in my ankle and now I'm on medicine to treat peripheral nerve pain (I get ghost pains).

/tk
Old 01-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #2566
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Dola,
Interesting. When I talked to the pain management doctor last year, he said that at 31, I wasn't a good candidate for spinal stimulation to make my pain go away; he said I'm too young. I don't know if that's what your sister had, but very interesting.

To treat my ankle nerve issues, they removed a portion of the nerve in my ankle and now I'm on medicine to treat peripheral nerve pain (I get ghost pains).

/tk

Among the surgeries she did have nerves burned to deaden them.

She did this originally by sitting on a railing at an amusement park, lost her balance and catch herself, wrapped her lower leg around the bar.

My kids talk about her 'gray ankle' all the time. She can't stand having anything touch it, so never wears socks, and regularly wears flip flops in the winter.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #2567
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Just saw Sundrop in the store for the first time ever up here.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #2568
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Bought SimCity 4 for the 6000th time since it was released in 2003. Except this time I bought it on Steam, so hopefully it's the last time and maybe someone will release a city sim that's as good. CitiesXL just didn't measure up and I wasn't willing to buy this year's version after buying last year's disappointment.

No game has had more long lasting replay value (mind you, thanks to Simtropolis) than SC4 over the years.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #2569
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So I come home from work last night and my 6 year old daughter - the one who calls me 'bro' and 'dude' as I mentioned before - is playing NCAA 09, and the first thing she says to me is, "I just kicked off and the other team returned it for a TD. I need blocking like that."

Awesome.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:08 AM   #2570
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

2 hot dog buns = 1 makeshift hamburger bun

TAKE THAT BACHELOR FROG!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #2571
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
2 hot dog buns = 1 makeshift hamburger bun

I've done the opposite several times lately, where 1 burger bun = 2 hot dog buns. Apparently they're ambibundrous
Old 01-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #2572
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I like cake.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #2573
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I like big butts and I cannot lie...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #2574
molson
General Manager

Trying to cancel premium channels with DirecTV is such a pain in the ass. I need a new strategy next time.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #2575
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just ate breakfast and I am still hungry.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #2576
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I think I need to step away from the board this morning. I'm finding it really hard to bite my tongue. (or fingers I guess in this case)
Old 01-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #2577
JediKooter
Coordinator

What time is Hammer Time?

Old 01-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #2578
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
What time is Hammer Time?

And is Hammer Time affected by daylight savings time?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #2579
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
And is Hammer Time affected by daylight savings time?

Crap, I didn't even think about that. This throws a whole new kink into it.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #2580
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Trying to cancel premium channels with DirecTV is such a pain in the ass. I need a new strategy next time.

I see this from time to time and yet I have never had problem #1 with Dtv. Every time I've asked to change something or wanted to start/stop services for some reason its been a quick 5 minute phone call.

What problems did you get?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #2581
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I see this from time to time and yet I have never had problem #1 with Dtv. Every time I've asked to change something or wanted to start/stop services for some reason its been a quick 5 minute phone call.

What problems did you get?

I would consider 5 minutes a pain in the ass when I just want to cancel something. I cancelled the sports pack (end of the college football season), and they wanted to know what sports I watched (I said "none"), what my favorite teams were (I said I didn't have any), whether I wanted to keep it for less money, then there was a somewhat brief recap of the channels I was losing out on. It didn't even take a full 5 minutes - maybe I'm just whining. I just dread that phone call. Next time I'll try to enjoy it and screw with them more.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #2582
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I would consider 5 minutes a pain in the ass when I just want to cancel something. I cancelled the sports pack (end of the college football season), and they wanted to know what sports I watched (I said "none"), what my favorite teams were (I said I didn't have any), whether I wanted to keep it for less money, then there was a somewhat brief recap of the channels I was losing out on. It didn't even take a full 5 minutes - maybe I'm just whining. I just dread that phone call. Next time I'll try to enjoy it and screw with them more.

Thanks for reminding me to cancel my sports package. Now that the NFL regular season is done, I have no use for it. I only get it for the Red Zone Channel.

Edit: Just cancelled it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 01-06-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #2583
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

For molson:

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #2584
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

?

I thought for Directv you just log online to your account, click a box and you are done. I know I do that for Uverse and I never have to talk to anyone.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #2585
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
?

I thought for Directv you just log online to your account, click a box and you are done. I know I do that for Uverse and I never have to talk to anyone.

To add things, it's incredible easy. To remove things, I have to call in and get the hard sell (maybe I've been flagged or something for changing stuff too often and others don't have to do that). I think next time, I'm just going to try to get into as long a conversation as possible. If they start asking me about my favorite sports I'll start talk with the 1984 USFL season and work my way from there.

And Chief Rum, that cheese looks delicious.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #2586
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Thanks for reminding me to cancel my sports package. Now that the NFL regular season is done, I have no use for it. I only get it for the Red Zone Channel.

Edit: Just cancelled it.

Damn, you did it in 2 minutes flat. Beat that, RendeR!!!

Quote:
Old 01-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #2587
Poli
FOFC Survivor

On my way home this afternoon I saw something just completely awesome.

As I was passing a red s10 pickup on I-55 I couldn't help but notice the household goods in the bed of the truck. The obviously used mattresses, the boxes, the worn out living room chair nestled up along the tailgate.

The old black man sitting in the worn out living room chair.

The what? I had to look twice. As if on cue, the old man moved a bit. Holy cow, he's real! It's 34 degrees outside, lightly sprinkling and this old man is sitting in the back on this chair...and it's not even against the cab of the truck...it's against the tailgate!

As I pass the truck I look into the cab. Two big white women in the front.

I only wish I could have stopped somehow and taken pictures or a video.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #2588
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, I hate the way DTV does that. Such BS. You can do practically anything on their website, as long as it involves giving them money (adding channels, switching packages, paying your bill, etc.). Want to downsize? Sorry can't do that.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #2589
RendeR
Coordinator

Guess I was just so used to the 45 minute wait times and calls to Crime Warner and "You chartered your TV for life" cable companies.

I find Dtv to be so amazingly refreshing and easy to deal with. its well worth the added expense.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #2590
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The red band trailer for that new Portman/Kutcher movie is funny.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #2591
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The red band trailer for that new Portman/Kutcher movie is funny.

Agreed. Makes me really want to see Natilie Portman naked.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #2592
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ludacris probably has a bunch of really good lines.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #2593
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Very randomly just found myself in a Facebook thread with former NFL/Georgia Tech lineman John Davis.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #2594
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Every time I watch an episode of "House Hunters International" I want to move somewhere overseas and cool.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #2595
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just back from Kroger to top off the pantry a little bit before the impending Snowpocalypse & am kind of impressed that along with the usual stuff, they were also nearly out of bird seed. Speaks kind of well for the shoppers there IMO.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #2596
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alright...

When I go back out on the road on the 26th, I will have been off for 5 weeks.

I am now a single guy, going through a divorce, have my kids on the weekend and a lady I met that wants to be my sugar mama..

I like some quiet time and free time...I have yet to have it except for the one night / day I didn't want it (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day).

I have had my kids, my sister visit and the lady friend at my place since...I need silence.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-08-2011 at 06:24 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #2597
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Agreed- tomorrow is Golden Scribe admin day. You need some peace

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #2598
bhlloy
Coordinator

How can NBC have a new show with a superhero in a black mask, a black cape who seems to jump off a lot of buildings and not be in copyright violation of Batman? Worse, why do all the critics seem to be excited about it?
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #2599
molson
General Manager

I'm so tired of superheroes.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #2600
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Go to foodnetwork.com and search for "English Peas." Paula Deen's recipe is one of the first results (if not the first). The recipe is:
Ingredients
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
2 cans (14 1/2-ounces) English peas, drained
Directions
Melt the butter in small pot and add the peas. Cook over medium heat until peas are warm.
(English Peas Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network)

The comments on this recipe got FARKed.
Some of my favorites:
"I substituted bacon for the peas, and omitted the butter. Delicious recipe, would make again"

"Paula comes through with another winner. Who would've thought of adding pot to peas and butter. I've always loved Paula's double chocolate, pot laced brownies, but this takes it to a new level. I do wish Paula would have been more specific about the amount of pot to add to the recipe, but I guess she leaves it to a person's individual taste. Thank you Paula. Lovin you, gal. Keep innovatin'."

"I didn't read the recipe carefully. I forgot to add the peas and used 2 sticks of butter, instead of 1/2. Refusing to panic, I served my guests a small cup of the melted butter, to which I added a few chopped green onions, prior to the main meal (assorted Healthy Choice dinners. I told my guests it was "Paula's Special Soup". It got rave reviews. Now I have to send everyone the recipe. Thanks, Paula. Highly recommend"

"Top recepie although we had to modify it some.
We did not have a small pot so we just opened the cans and warmed them over a medium fire. Once they were warm we drained them and added the butter. We left them over the fire until the butter melted.
It was a meal all by itself.
We still have some butter left so tomorrow we are going to see if this recepie will also work with mixed vegetables."

"I approached this recipe a little differently. I added 2 sticks of butter and only one can of peas. It was the most delicious pea soup I ever ate. Extra butter, is there anything it can't do? Oh, gotta go, the EMT crew is here..."

"I substituted the Black Eyed Peas instead of peas. They drowned in the butter and now we never have to hear their music again. Paula you are a genius. Any change you have a recipe for Boiled Bieber?"

/tk