Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #2601
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Must be the light version, she only used 1/2 stick of butter.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #2602
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Her in counter deep fryer just slays me. I was thinking of picking her in the Dead Pool before it dies.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #2603
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I look forward to every episode of Equals three. Ray William Johnson is generally quite funny.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #2604
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I'm at Costco today. Not terribly busy. I have one item in my cart, a bottle of vitamin supplements. I walk a ways to check something out, and when I return, my cart is seemingly gone. Odd.

So, I look around a bit, and it's really gone. Then after a minute I see a guy not far away with about three or four things in his cart, including... the exact same supplements bottle, in the exact same location in his cart as where mine were.

So... in that situation... is there any way that you say something? I kept feeling like I was dropped into an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I mean... it's basically certain in my mind that this guy just poached my cart, right? But what possible upside is there by creating an incident? And the downside...heh, yeah. (I'm even leaving out a plot element there) So, I did the right thing and stayed away... but it pissed me off that I felt I had to.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #2605
PineTar
High School JV

Are the Miller Lite ads so bad that they are actually effective? When it comes to mass produced bland beers, is there any other point to a commercial other than just getting the brand name stuck in the consumer's head?

I just have to think that these commercials are so mind-numbingly dumb by design.
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #2606
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I look forward to every episode of Equals three. Ray William Johnson is generally quite funny.

I've been watching it for awhile as well. Good YouTube series.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #2607
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The De Soto high school football program gave me a mini helmet signed by the seniors. They thanked me briefly during the banquet as well. I don't do much for the school in my opinion but it was nice to have a little recognition from them. Really appreciated.

One of the players, by the way, is a son of Jose Oquendo. I was able to meet Jose at the end of one of our games this past year. Pretty cool as well.

Last edited by Poli : 01-11-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #2608
JediKooter
Coordinator

Had the strangest dream last night...For some reason, I was at a carnival or fair and was watching cow boxing. Not cows boxing each other, but, volunteers from the audience would box with a cow. The person in my dream that was boxing the cow was an older, grandpa looking guy and the cow had an accomplice that was a midget that had a tattoo on his back that said "Locomotive".

I was not drunk last night, nor have I been sick.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #2609
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Had the strangest dream last night...For some reason, I was at a carnival or fair and was watching cow boxing. Not cows boxing each other, but, volunteers from the audience would box with a cow. The person in my dream that was boxing the cow was an older, grandpa looking guy and the cow had an accomplice that was a midget that had a tattoo on his back that said "Locomotive".

Our definitions of "sick" might vary then
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #2610
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Our definitions of "sick" might vary then

Haha! I was using the word in the "have a cold" sense.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #2611
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Sounds like a license to print money.

Let me know when I can invest.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #2612
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Sounds like something I'd see in Happy Gilmore's 'Happy Place'
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 01-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #2613
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Sounds like a license to print money.

Let me know when I can invest.

If I can find some way to market this, I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Sounds like something I'd see in Happy Gilmore's 'Happy Place'

It's been a while since I've seen that movie, was something similar to that in the movie?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #2614
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's been a while since I've seen that movie, was something similar to that in the movie?

I think there was a midget riding a fake horse around. No fighting cows.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #2615
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I've been watching it for awhile as well. Good YouTube series.

tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #2616
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

My job has just gone completely stupid.

I get issues all the time that are labeled low, medium or high priority depending on the impact. Most of the time it is discovered there is a code flaw that needs to be corrected.. I've been told today that if I get a issue that isn't a high, I'm not allowed to fix it. Even if I just need to add "IF A=B" to fix the issue, I have been told to leave it broken, log it and move on. 85% of my job deals with low/medium issues so.. ya.. I'll have crap to do.

My boss told me to pick up a hobby or trade stocks during the day.

My head hurts.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #2617
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
My job has just gone completely stupid.

I get issues all the time that are labeled low, medium or high priority depending on the impact. Most of the time it is discovered there is a code flaw that needs to be corrected.. I've been told today that if I get a issue that isn't a high, I'm not allowed to fix it. Even if I just need to add "IF A=B" to fix the issue, I have been told to leave it broken, log it and move on. 85% of my job deals with low/medium issues so.. ya.. I'll have crap to do.

My boss told me to pick up a hobby or trade stocks during the day.

My head hurts.
Time to polish up that resume...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #2618
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Time to polish up that resume...

Really? As long as you are getting paid for the 40 hours you are supposed to get paid for I would suggest just be happy with it. Sounds good to me. Brush up on FOFC.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #2619
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

LUDA
Old 01-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #2620
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Really? As long as you are getting paid for the 40 hours you are supposed to get paid for I would suggest just be happy with it. Sounds good to me. Brush up on FOFC.

Seems to me if your boss is telling you to pick up a hobby or start trading stocks, then you my friend just became expendable...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #2621
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I cannot see boxing a cow ending well for the person. Their heads are a lot harder than your fist.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #2622
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

well it depends on how long the cow is in the box for...
Old 01-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #2623
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I cannot see boxing a cow ending well for the person. Their heads are a lot harder than your fist.

Work the body
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #2624
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Seems to me if your boss is telling you to pick up a hobby or start trading stocks, then you my friend just became expendable...

I'd be worried about that too but the reason for this change wasn't really explained. Are two departments at the company going toe to toe over some policy/procedure bullshit and Mustang is being told to only work on critical problems as a result, or is this some permanent change because a piece of software is being sunsetted and only critical things are being fixed... or one of a hundred other reasons...

I'm as lazy as anyone here, I guarantee it. But if I have no work to do and that's not a temporary state, I'm going to get real worried.

Last edited by Radii : 01-11-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #2625
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I think there was a midget riding a fake horse around. No fighting cows.

Found it on youtube. There's a midget in a cowboy outfit riding a tricycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs

Funny you should say that, because in my dream I was thinking, "If this dude gets head butted, he's going down".

Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #2626
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I'd be worried about that too but the reason for this change wasn't really explained. Are two departments at the company going toe to toe over some policy/procedure bullshit and Mustang is being told to only work on critical problems as a result, or is this some permanent change because a piece of software is being sunsetted and only critical things are being fixed... or one of a hundred other reasons...

It is procedure bullshit mainly and not a fear of being phased out. Management wants to give customers the impression that we are only ever working on high priority items.

They want me to work on the highs, which there are plenty of however.. at this time, my highs are being held up by the business side not knowing what they want to do or providing me timely test scenarios to fix the items. In the past, when that happened, I grabbed medium/lows that were easy to fix. (that is where the 'take up a hobby' comment came in.. manager knew that we were struggling for resources)

My biggest frustration is not being allow to fix items that are low/medium that I could expend a little bit more time and fix them. I still have to research them.. just not fix them. So.. I find the cause.. put it to the side, tell the customer we know the cause and 6-12 months later the customer complains, it gets escalated and then I have to go back and remember what I did 12 months ago.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #2627
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Has it been considered that Mustang may be working for idiots?

Given the evidence at hand, that now seems more likely than him being riffed or being caught up in some weird situation.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #2628
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Has it been considered that Mustang may be working for idiots?

It has by me.

On the bright side if I am being phased out I can expend my energy searching for bigfoot.

Last edited by Mustang : 01-11-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #2629
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

You know what I hate...when you are expecting a really great moment, and it BLOWS.

My son, 4, is taking part in the Penguins/Crosby/Reebok sponsored 'Learn to Play' program this year. It is the first year he's eligible, open to 4-7 year olds who have no prior experience in organized hockey.

Crosby/Reebok supply: skates, jersey, stick, elbow pads, shoulder pads, shin pads, pants, and helmet.

You are responsible for signing up for sessions at one of the local rinks. The one we chose is 10 sessions/$120. Not a bad trade-off for probably $500 in free equipment.

So tonight, we go pick up everything. All packaged together, from the orders made in November.

Get home, open the box. Not one single item matches what we ordered. I should have guessed this, as I was told they didn't have a box with his name on it (although he was on the list, as I had to sign for it), but they matched up the contents of the box vs. the copy I had of our order.

No returns to the store for pickup (they don't supply the equipment, merely the go-between). I called to make sure there was not a box that matched what we were expecting, no dice.

So, now I get to make another request, online, to exchange the items that do not fit. The helmet, jersey and stick are useable. Everything else at least 2 sizes too big.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #2630
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Jonathan Gambino, 28, of Patrick Henry Drive, was arrested Friday for allegedly breaking into a Ferguson Court home on July 11 and stealing $88,000 in jewelry, electronics and other items, police said.

But at the police station on Friday, Gambino was also hit with a charge of lewdness after he performed a "lewd sexual act" on himself which police did not describe.
Hmmm... I wonder what that could have been...
Old 01-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #2631
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Did he perform the lewd sexual act at the police station?!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #2632
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Did he perform the lewd sexual act at the police station?!

Also from article:
A man arrested on robbery charges got himself into more trouble at police headquarters after he performed a "lewd sexual act" on himself, police said.

All signs point to YES

Last edited by tyketime : 01-12-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #2633
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

"Hey - I was just passing the time while you completed your paperwork!"
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #2634
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Don't want to shift away from my previous topic, but this looks interesting. I don't buy many comics, but I like this idea:

Take a trip to alternate realities with 'The Infinite Vacation' - USATODAY.com
Old 01-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #2635
spleen1015
Coordinator

RT @JimIrsay I got nuthin 2 do with a prego Kate Hudson!!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #2636
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Hmmm... I wonder what that could have been...

My guess? The popo told him to go F himself, and he did!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #2637
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

My ignore list is clear now.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #2638
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I have never been able to finish writing my name in the snow, no matter how much I had to go.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #2639
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

speaking of, I just went to take a leak and some dude's in one of the stalls checking his voice mail on the crapper. really? no better time for that?
Old 01-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #2640
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
speaking of, I just went to take a leak and some dude's in one of the stalls checking his voice mail on the crapper. really? no better time for that?

That is much better than the dumbasses that talk on their phone in there. One of the most annoying things major pet peeve of mine.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #2641
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

The other day some guy was chatting on the phone while on the shitter in the stall next to me.

I kept thinking of the commercial where the guy drops the phone in the urinal.. really?
Old 01-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #2642
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The other day some guy was chatting on the phone while on the shitter in the stall next to me.

I kept thinking of the commercial where the guy drops the phone in the urinal.. really?

Yeah, this is all I can think of when that happens, too. A lot of people at my work seem to think that the toilet is the best place to take calls.

Of course, I at one point called my brother and asked what he was up to, and he responded that he was taking a dump....really, if that is true, I'd much rather not know.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #2643
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

In all fairness, you did ask.

Too bad you weren't using Facetime.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #2644
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

In my industry, this has been getting a lot of attention. Still wicked cool. BBC News - 'Zombie-sat' rises like a phoenix

/tk
Old 01-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #2645
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I have never been able to finish writing my name in the snow, no matter how much I had to go.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
That is much better than the dumbasses that talk on their phone in there. One of the most annoying things major pet peeve of mine.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Yeah, this is all I can think of when that happens, too. A lot of people at my work seem to think that the toilet is the best place to take calls.

Of course, I at one point called my brother and asked what he was up to, and he responded that he was taking a dump....really, if that is true, I'd much rather not know.

/tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
In all fairness, you did ask.

Too bad you weren't using Facetime.

These aren't really random...there is a thread for this!!

Stalls - Front Office Football Central
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #2646
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Weird tangent...

I'm looking at online grad schools...Virginia Tech and NJIT have my hopes up.

I'm in a jazz kick right now...purchased more Miles, Thelonious, and Ahmad Jamal who I don't think gets enough credit.

Wife is going up to the Finger Lakes region, so I'm doing more cleaning out the house, and possibly some paint work.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #2647
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Didn't merit its own thread, but I wanted to share this story and thought a fair few people would see it if I put it here.
Md. father uses robocall to get revenge on school officials

Long and short, a local school district robo-called households with students in the public school system on Wednesday morning at 4:30 to let them know there would be a 2-hour delay. One parent thought this was absolutely ridiculous (especially since it had already been sent to parents over email and over the school system website by 11p the night before), so he used an online service to robocall members of the school board the next morning at 4:30.

I think it's great. I'm with the parent, at 4:30 a.m., if my phone rings, I'm in "oh shit" mode. I would have been livid if this had come to my house. I'm already pissed off at Obama for texting me at random hours of the night to let me know his VP choice and to let me know his vision for the new year (which reminds me, I need to get OFF that distribution). When Obama announced Biden, I had been especially pissed off because we had just launched a satellite, and the text came at 2 in the morning eastern time or something. Having just launched, I was definitely queued for middle of the night calls in case something awful happened. Plus, I'd already seen on CNN before going to bed that everybody was saying it was going to be Biden. Alas. The robocalling parent definitely is OK in my book.

/tk
Old 01-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #2648
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Why didn't I discover going to an actual butcher shop to get steaks before? I had always been wasting my time at the grocery store buying what now seem to be mediocre cuts of beef. I bought two filet mignons from the butcher in Los Gatos that were cut to order, and they came out as good as any restaurant steak I've had.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #2649
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Why didn't I discover going to an actual butcher shop to get steaks before? I had always been wasting my time at the grocery store buying what now seem to be mediocre cuts of beef. I bought two filet mignons from the butcher in Los Gatos that were cut to order, and they came out as good as any restaurant steak I've had.
i heard they poop on the steaks at the grocery store so these steaks taste better because you're not eating the poop
that's just what i heard man
Old 01-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #2650
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Wonder which one gets voted "Most Likely To..."?

Quote:
As Memphis City Schools leaders discuss the best way to deal with the crisis at Frayser High School, one young student is dealing with parenthood.

The Action News 5 Investigators recently discovered 90 girls who attend Frayser High School are now pregnant or have already had a baby this school year.