Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #151
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Posts #5-#7 were about the possibility that "the cowards on the left" might treat his remains with respect for his religious beliefs, with each post getting more graphic regarding the joy she was getting out of the idea that sharks and fishes were tearing his flesh off his body if he was dumped into the sea.

And here I was trying to be all nice & not bring up apocryphal tale of Pershing's pigs on Facebook
Old 05-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #152
cuervo72
Head Coach

My cousin posted about as many in praise of Obama (he'll typically spam at least a half-dozen anti-GOP links a day).

Contrast that with a friend from HS who hardly ever posts, thinks political posts on FB are generally a waste of time, but wrote a single, very well-worded post on it last night. Guess which carries a lot more weight?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #153
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I like seeing joint facebook accounts between spouses. I always wonder what the poor guy did to not have the greenlight to have his own facebook account.

My brother does this specifically to hide from psycho ex-girlfriends.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #154
MJ4H
Coordinator

Non-blood relative of mine this morning said something to the effect of "Obama is like a cherry, he's look good hanging from a tree."

Yikes.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #155
JeeberD
General Manager

"WISDOM is wise words spoken by wise people. It is also to have a WISE-DOME, so that you dont cross over into the Devil's uncivilized ways. 1 Luv!"

This is a dude I knew back in junior high, he was a NWA-listening thug with a 6 inch box and who spent more time in detention than in class...he scared the shit out of me whenever I had to guard him playing basketball. Now all he does is post weird motivational/God combo posts all day long. I have no idea why I haven't de-friended him yet...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #156
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

A blanket post for the "Status update aimed for a wider audience, but written to be as benign as possible."
Old 05-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #157
McSweeny
College Starter

Obama, I heard your "speech" ... you voted against the war that brought Bin Laden down .... you slammed President Bush for the war that brought him down ... now you sit back and claim "victory" under "your" direction .. give me a break! You don't have any idea what the men / women in this country have given .... get over YOURSELF!! ( cut and paste this to your status if you agree)
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #158
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny View Post
Obama, I heard your "speech" ... you voted against the war that brought Bin Laden down .... you slammed President Bush for the war that brought him down ... now you sit back and claim "victory" under "your" direction .. give me a break! You don't have any idea what the men / women in this country have given .... get over YOURSELF!! ( cut and paste this to your status if you agree)

Yep, seeing bunches of these. I'm not sure how they wanted Obama to act. I guess he could have invited Bush to make the announcement instead?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #159
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Non-blood relative of mine this morning said something to the effect of "Obama is like a cherry, he's look good hanging from a tree."

Yikes.

Instant unfriend+refuse to socialize with in my book. Relative or not.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-02-2011 at 08:35 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #160
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post

Yikes.

Is it possible he meant Osama?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #161
MJ4H
Coordinator

It is not possible. I wish.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #162
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

The counter to those posts (and one that doesn't belong in this thread) just showed up on my newsfeed 3 or 4 times from this afternoon:

"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."
~MLK

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-02-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #163
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
The counter to those posts (and one that doesn't belong in this thread) just showed up on my newsfeed 3 or 4 times from this afternoon:

"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."
~MLK

On Facebook, a viral MLK quote that isn't his | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #164
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

It's gone viral, have a couple of my friends here in the country use it as well.

Kinda gets on my nerves.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #165
Passacaglia
Coordinator

It's interesting that the real quote would have been more effective.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #166
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

No DT that quote totally belongs in this thread.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #167
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
It's interesting that the real quote would have been more effective.

Very interesting.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #168
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
ok getting sleepy time for a nap..but not before a prayer.

gear-diary-picard-facepalm-500x328.jpg

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #169
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
MADE TACOS

um...okay?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #170
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
um...okay?

Took Shit.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #171
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'll spare you a full quote of the rambling multipost, suffice to say that any idiot who insists that posting photoshopped images (the Obama game controller) is inappropriate "because they're still burying tornado victims" is, well, a fucking idiot.

Or, as I explained, is "probably too sensitive for the Internet and beyond a doubt too sensitive to be anywhere near me".
Old 05-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #172
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Penn Jillette explains the fake Martin Luther King Jr.: "I made a mistake" - Twitter - Salon.com

Quote:
Penn Jillette explains the fake Martin Luther King Jr.: "I made a mistake"
Updated: The magician responds to Salon about his inaccurate Osama tweet -- and the furor that resulted
BY DREW GRANT

MLK Jr.'s words, taken out of context by a magician.
Updates below.

Yesterday, around 3 p.m., a trend started emerging on Twitter. People began reciting a quote from Martin Luther King Jr. that seemed strangely apt for this occasion:

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy."

The first person to cite it on Twitter was the famous magician/Libertarian Penn Jillette, but the words quickly went viral, and the source got lost in the shuffle. The only problem? As Megan McArdle pointed out in the Atlantic, Martin Luther King never said that. Actually, the quote from MLK about enemies is:

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

How did this other quote get misattributed to King? As McArdle says in her piece, "It's a bit too a propos. What 'thousands' would King have been talking about? In which enemy's death was he supposed to be rejoicing?" She also wonders, "Why? What do you get out of saying something pithy, and getting no credit for it?"

Penn admits to being the originator of the quote on Twitter, though he claims it got messed up when he cut and pasted from a longer piece by King. I'm not sure if I believe him; I have a strong suspicion Penn just made it up in order to see how many people would blindly follow along and quote it as fact, without ever checking on the sources. [Jillette has since explained the quote further to Salon (see below), stating that it was an honest mistake.] After all, this is the guy who created the documentary "Penn and Teller: Bullshit!" and the subsequent Showtime series about how easy it was to dupe people.

Update: The source of the quote is a Facebook message by Jessica Dovey, where she goes on to quote Martin Luther King Jr. In this context, it's easy to see how a cut-and-paste job could have accidentally attributed the source to King. Congrats to Jessica, whose Facebook wall post is one of the more famous sayings on the Internet today. Salon has reached out to Penn Jillette for comment, but has yet to receive a response. (See update below.)

Update 2: On Tuesday afternoon, Penn replied to Salon by email, detailing how he made an "honest mistake," and conveying his dismay over the suggestion that he would purposefully fabricate a quote from Martin Luther King.

"I made a mistake," Penn wrote, "I read the quote, thought it was too perfect, checked part of it from the MLK book and then cut and pasted it. The part I checked was not the part that was wrong, and I posted it. A stupid, but honest mistake. When someone pointed out the mistake, I apologized as best I could in the limited number of characters. And then I apologized and explained a few more times."

Penn also stressed his sadness that the mistake on Twitter apparently led some people to think he was disrespecting Dr. King. "It hurts me to have people think I disrespected Martin Luther King," he wrote.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 05-03-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:04 AM   #173
bhlloy
Coordinator

Some guy I played soccer with 3 or 4 years ago has been having a running argument with his ex all evening and posting it on Facebook. Among the gems included are that she think he and their daughter are ugly (gee thanks Dad) that she called the police because of all his text messages, she left him because she was smarter than him and that his daughter is getting kicked out of school because the ex refuses to pay for it (gee thanks again Dad)

I don't know what's better, the blatently inappropriate updates containing grossly personal and inappropriate information that everyone remotely connected to this guy now knows, or the person that has posted some variation of HAHAHAHAHAHAHA or WTF to every single one of the updates.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #174
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was able to decipher through the typical cryptic messages people leave that a girl I am friends with and her boyfriend who she thought was the greates thing in the world apparently is not so great. This was how a friend of hers comforted her.

Quote:
Sorry, XXX, thats hard! Believe me, Gods been dealing w me for being unequally yoked and bein in sin w some1 to the point it was unbearable! Had to end it. Doesnt take the hurt away, but he doesnt look the other way, ever! He loves us to...o much. Of course the pain and lonliness v bad! But he will take care of u. Dont go to Egypt for a spouse, or be like Sampson and destroyed because of unbeliever, thats where I was! Dont know where bf stands on God, but never goes right if not saved. Stay away unless he gets saved and pray! Thats what I had to do, and trust me hurt like heck! But was getting worse and worse, and him more evil though promised to change. And he hurt me even more now. Keep praying and repent of what u have to! You're a great girl! God bless u all! Wait on God. Try to believe he will work it all out. xo
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #175
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I was able to decipher through the typical cryptic messages people leave that a girl I am friends with and her boyfriend who she thought was the greates thing in the world apparently is not so great. This was how a friend of hers comforted her.

Aye yi yi. Wow.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 05-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #176
Blackadar
Retired

I'd like to thank everyone in this thread for helping me to understand that it's preferable to stab myself in the face with an icepick than it is to go on Facebook.

Holy shit.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #177
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
I'd like to thank everyone in this thread for helping me to understand that it's preferable to stab myself in the face with an icepick than it is to go on Facebook.

Holy shit.

Haha! I can't speak for anyone else, but, it's only a couple of people that I'm friends with that actually post crap like that. I do have a cousin that hates Obama, so there's those posts too. It can get fun though, I like to bait them sometimes.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #178
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Well, I totally agree with her. You shouldn't be like Sampson. Very disappointing career. Much better to be like Olajuwon.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #179
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post

Holy shit.

This is a better reason:

http://
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #180
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Well, I totally agree with her. You shouldn't be like Sampson. Very disappointing career. Much better to be like Olajuwon.

Nothing but net.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #181
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #182
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just went to the crazy womans FB page. Religous views. Born again. Imagine that.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #183
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am going to have some wine tonight with very newly divorced Celia

Umm... okay. Waita post personal stuff about other people for your friends to read.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #184
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'll spare you a full quote of the rambling multipost, suffice to say that any idiot who insists that posting photoshopped images (the Obama game controller) is inappropriate "because they're still burying tornado victims" is, well, a fucking idiot.

Or, as I explained, is "probably too sensitive for the Internet and beyond a doubt too sensitive to be anywhere near me".

Damnit - stop saying sensible things I agree with.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #185
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

question...do you love god more if you quote scripture on facebook every single day?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #186
JediKooter
Coordinator

Apparently some must think they do.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #187
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
question...do you love god more if you quote scripture on facebook every single day?

I'm sure he keeps a post count.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #188
DanGarion
Coordinator

Anyone else having issues with logging into Facebook?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #189
JediKooter
Coordinator

It's one of the prothlesizers birthdays today. Can't wait to see what kind of posts this day will generate.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #190
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I am very freaking annoyed with stupid ppl. If someone tell you something don't go and do what i just told you not to do. And don't yell back at me. People think I always look so crabby well i'm usually not but not oh ya this girl is pissed. You don't wana cross me. SERIOUSLY!!!!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #191
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I am very freaking annoyed with stupid ppl. If someone tell you something don't go and do what i just told you not to do. And don't yell back at me. People think I always look so crabby well i'm usually not but not oh ya this girl is pissed. You don't wana cross me. SERIOUSLY!!!!

That made my head hurt.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #192
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
That made my head hurt.
as does half the shit she posts..
Old 05-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #193
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I learned something today a hose has a male and female end never heard of it called that before! Also if your a dad and u have a teenage daughter u shouldnt b walking all around town holding her hand gives me the creeps and makes me wonder...Cum on she isnt a lil girl
Old 05-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #194
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

she is back

Quote:
Lord, praise God! But take my advice and stay away until he does! B4 u waste even more time and go through even more pain! The devil was so strong in my b.f. and knew just how to use him to torment me, to the point of almost not wanting to live and doubting God's promises and love like I never have in my life! And I hate to admit that! Like I said, look at Sampson's end, and how foolish this woman made him! A man set apart for God! I know how CRUSHING it is and how hard it is w 3 little girls! That was me! Dont keep making the same mistakes. Be in church, go on Christian mingle, whatever you have to do. IF u meet someone new and there r red flags, get out right away!Pray 4 your loved one, but until he says, I want Jesus in my life, and i pray he does, stay away, all efforts and prayers will be futille. Seek the kingdom first! We're in the end, keep your eyes on the prize! Call me if u need to or message me! I still remember that little girl so zealous 4 the Lord! X0 "
Old 05-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #195
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Someone should tell this lady that Jews run Facebook.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #196
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well just to fuck with her I posetd

Quote:
Just remember, don't look back on Sodom and Gomorrah at the heathens and sinners, lest you be turned into a pillar of salt like Lots wife. When I learned to look forward I learned forgiveness and didn't run like Job into the whales mouth. God tests us all girl, but he has plans for you with his abundance of love.

and the crazy woman post back

Quote:
Lord, praise God! But take my advice and stay away until he does! B4 u waste even more time and go through even more pain! The devil was so strong in my b.f. and knew just how to use him to torment me, to the point of almost not wanting... to live and doubting God's promises and love like I never have in my life! And I hate to admit that! Like I said, look at Sampson's end, and how foolish this woman made him! A man set apart for God! I know how CRUSHING it is and how hard it is w 3 little girls! That was me! Dont keep making the same mistakes. Be in church, go on Christian mingle, whatever you have to do. IF u meet someone new and there r red flags, get out right away!Pray 4 your loved one, but until he says, I want Jesus in my life, and i pray he does, stay away, all efforts and prayers will be futille. Seek the kingdom first! We're in the end, keep your eyes on the prize! Call me if u need to or message me! I still remember that little girl so zealous 4 the Lord! X0
Old 05-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #197
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and this just now

Quote:
Remember how the devil in the garden made the fruit look so good, and sweet, and just what they needed, and all of a sudden they didnt belive God? I know how hard it is to find love in this crazy world! God has something better 4 u. Keep believing and keep me in prayer too! I suggest you get some wow! worshhp. I love the aqua, purple, (amazing grace/my chains r gone, I am free) and yellow.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #198
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I still think you should go with the Jewish line.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #199
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Tell her God hates people who are too lazy to type out the words "for" and "you"...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #200
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Tell her the fruit is a jaded mandarin.