Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #101
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think that Saul will get burnt by Estes and/or the VP. They can know that Brody is working with the other side, but they lose everything if he is exposed.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #102
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
My thinking is they might try to blackmail Brody into helping them capture Nazir. But the best thing about the show is I have no clue where they will go.

Yeah, I think Brody referenced the drone attack that killed Nazir's son in the tape that Saul just watched. We know from last year that the VP and Estes covered this up so I think Saul will only tell Carrie about the tape. If he tells Estes, Estes tells the VP and like stevew said, they'll burn him like they did Carrie.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #103
DanGarion
Coordinator

What did everyone take the weekend off from watching Homeland?!?!?

Love the end with Saul coming to visit Carrie. Brody killing again is interesting, this is clearly a man that is starting to break. I don't see how this will end well for him.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #104
digamma
Torchbearer

Have really enjoyed all three episodes this season, but am really starting to wonder how this show extends beyond this season.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #105
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
What did everyone take the weekend off from watching Homeland?!?!?

Love the end with Saul coming to visit Carrie. Brody killing again is interesting, this is clearly a man that is starting to break. I don't see how this will end well for him.

Naw - just still in shock from it. Nice episode. Brody is definitely coming unhinged. Be interesting to see if it turns into "Saul & Carrie outside the agency trying to take out Brody" if as some were speculating, Saul gets burned by Estes & the VP.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #106
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Saul is such a great character. Loved seeing him outmaneuver Hezbollah. And his loyalty to Carrie is awesome. Her reaction in that last scene was great to watch. A mixture of happiness (I was right!), frustration (those bastards fucked me over and I was right!), and concern (oh shit, I was right, we have a terrorist congressman.)

As for next season, I thought they'd have trouble coming up with a 2nd season last year but they came up with a great idea so far. I'm confident they'll come up with something great for season 3, whether it involves Brody or not.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #107
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if the intention was to kill the bombmaker anyways, or if Brody will possibly feel some ramifications because of what he did.

I have a feeling this season will end with a major successful terrorist attack, allowing the show to reset everything on season 3. I still don't know how the VP and Estes are going to let the info about Brody get out...they both get screwed on that type of news.

since Brody is already the mythological congressman of some district that probably doesn't exist, what's to say he doesn't ascend to VP and to the presidency. There seems to be no way that they can kill Brody off.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #108
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
since Brody is already the mythological congressman of some district that probably doesn't exist, what's to say he doesn't ascend to VP and to the presidency. There seems to be no way that they can kill Brody off.

Completely disagree. What you're saying will require either enough contrivances to kill the show, or would require blowing up aspects of the show that are the best aside from the acting performance of Damien Lewis (the Carrie/Saul characters and relationship). Knowing what both of them have seen, I don't see how else you would be able to proceed.

There's still a show without the Brody angle (as it was originally intended to be), but the opposite isn't true.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #109
Bad-example
College Starter

I've been wondering if this season will be mostly about Carrie trying to turn Brody. Really, his character is most interesting when he displays moments of conscience. ("I will not help you kill innocent civilians!)

Carrie's a mess but she sure looked good in her fuck me dress.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #110
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Claire Danes is incredible in this. From the no dialogue breakdown with the pills to the look when she saw the tape. Just great. Just give her another Emmy already.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 10-15-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #111
Jas_lov
College Starter

Carrie was finally vindicated. Would be awesome to see her get her job back. I agree with the above that they'll try to flip Brody to catch Nazir or get Jessica to flip Brody. She's getting more and more suspicious with each lie.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #112
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if something might happen to Dana? Reasonable foreshadowing of her and the VP's kid maybe eventually hooking up. VP's kid a logical target in revenge for Isa (Sp). The show can't live on without Brody IMO.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #113
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Carrie was finally vindicated. Would be awesome to see her get her job back. I agree with the above that they'll try to flip Brody to catch Nazir or get Jessica to flip Brody. She's getting more and more suspicious with each lie.

This is one of the reasons I love non-network TV. When you don't have to stretch to 22 episodes, you don't have to think of ways to not have Carrie see the tape for half a year. The plot can actually move along at a reasonable pace.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #114
kingfc22
Head Coach

Finally saw the episode and this season continues to be fantastic. Carrie has some serious stones to go back face to face with Brody and like stevew mentioned above, I think the bomb asker was going to end up dead even if he made the "safe" house.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #115
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

I thought this episode was subpar. Everything with Brody was something you'd see on the later seasons of 24, when it had truly taken a shit. They send him to pick the guy up on a stupidly thin pretext, then he gets a flat tire, then he decides to get gas 5 minutes from the safehouse, then he gets talked into going into the store, then he trips the guy into the jutting remains of a fencepost in the ass end of nowhere... Just a few too many plot crutches in there for my liking.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #116
larrymcg421
Head Coach

More awesomeness tonight. I continue to be amazed at how fast the show is willing to tell the story. It's a very daring structure. So far several things have happened that I didn't expect until much later in the season. They could've dragged this whole investigation of Brody out until the end of the season. Now he's arrested and I have no idea what's about to happen.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #117
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
More awesomeness tonight. I continue to be amazed at how fast the show is willing to tell the story. It's a very daring structure. So far several things have happened that I didn't expect until much later in the season. They could've dragged this whole investigation of Brody out until the end of the season. Now he's arrested and I have no idea what's about to happen.

Seriously - they're definitely not taking a leisurely pace in this show or anything. Jeez.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #118
Jas_lov
College Starter

The show is as unpredictable as Carrie is. Once they set up that fancy surveillance I thought for sure they'd follow him for a couple episodes at least. And these two side plots with Dana/VP's son and the marines piecing things together probably come into play down the road. I still think they try to get Brody to help capture Nazir but who knows.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #119
stevew
Hall Of Famer

holy shitballs.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #120
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Renewed for a 3rd season.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #121
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Renewed for a 3rd season.

Woo
Old 10-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #122
Bad-example
College Starter

They will attempt to get Brody to work for them and I expect he will agree and be released. Brody as a double agent with his loyalties constantly in doubt should make for some great tv.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #123
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
They will attempt to get Brody to work for them and I expect he will agree and be released. Brody as a double agent with his loyalties constantly in doubt should make for some great tv.

Agreed. The fact that they are continuing to develop stories for Brody's family makes it unlikely that he will be written out of the show anytime soon.

The scene at the end where Carrie unloaded on Brody was awesome. That must've felt so good to her.

Also, Virgil is back! Yay!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #124
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Agreed. The fact that they are continuing to develop stories for Brody's family makes it unlikely that he will be written out of the show anytime soon.

The scene at the end where Carrie unloaded on Brody was awesome. That must've felt so good to her.

Also, Virgil is back! Yay!

Love Virgil. He was fantastic in the Shield as well.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #125
Subby
lolzcat

I am constantly blown away by how good Claire Danes is on this show. Her unloading on Brodie was viscerally awesome.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #126
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Just watched the last episode. Holy fucking fuck.

Best show on television. No doubt a-fucking-bout it.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #127
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Another episode that's fucking amazing. Danes and Lewis probably clinched Emmy wins for the second year in a row. That interrogation scene was incredibly played by both of them.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 AM   #128
Jas_lov
College Starter

This show is so intense. Interrogation scenes was one of the best ever. And now Brody is the double agent. Show was picked up for a 3rd season and I don't see how he's involved now. Saul and Carrie will either continue to pursue Nazir or there will be a new threat.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #129
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
This show is so intense. Interrogation scenes was one of the best ever. And now Brody is the double agent. Show was picked up for a 3rd season and I don't see how he's involved now. Saul and Carrie will either continue to pursue Nazir or there will be a new threat.

Well he signed a contract to do the show for 5 more years, for whatever that means.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #130
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Brody is the whole f'n show and everyone else in the acting biz is playing for 2nd place in the Emmy's.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #131
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Brody is the whole f'n show and everyone else in the acting biz is playing for 2nd place in the Emmy's.

Loved him in Band of Brothers and he hits it out of the park on this show. My only worry is the vice president's kid side story has the potential to become comical/out of place to compare with the intensity of the main sotryline. I don't doubt this show will do it right but hope if it gets cheezy they stay away from it and end it quickly. I knew the minute he started driving crazy there was going to be an accident of some sort.

(Also does it annoy anyone else that the wife refers to him as Brody? It would be like my wife calling me Schneider all the time. I could see my army buddies and even other men but my wife? A little odd)
Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #132
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
My only worry is the vice president's kid side story has the potential to become comical/out of place to compare with the intensity of the main sotryline. I don't doubt this show will do it right but hope if it gets cheezy they stay away from it and end it quickly. I knew the minute he started driving crazy there was going to be an accident of some sort.
)

Ala Kim and and Cougar in 24.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #133
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

That's a series peaking episode, even if they keep up for another 5 quality seasons.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #134
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Ala Kim and and Cougar in 24.

That's funny, I was thinking exactly that as I was watching this episode.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #135
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yep. The interrogation scene was peak Homeland, but the Dana/VP Son side story was a real low point. Take the good with the bad, but we will just have to see where they take it.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #136
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Fuck----

Galvez.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #137
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Just when I was thinking "this is a pretty calm episode" - BAM.

Whoa.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #138
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

This was actually the first episode i can recall that really didn't do a whole lot for me. I don't really like the Dana storyline (although the hospital scene was really well done) , what's his name approaching Brodys wife I found awkward.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 11-05-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #139
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Here's one take on last night's episode

Homeland Season 2, Episode 6: 'A Gettysburg Address' - Hollywood Prospectus Blog - Grantland
Old 11-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #140
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Also, the woah moment makes me cautious. It seems like they've avoided something like that, on American soil, so I'm cautious which direction they go. Hopefully it doesn't get to 24y.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #141
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Just when I was thinking "this is a pretty calm episode" - BAM.

Whoa.

I anticipated that they were going to blow up instead of what actually happened.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #142
Jas_lov
College Starter

I love Claire Danes's face when she cries. Nothing happened till the end but still a good episode. Im guessing the VP might find out about his son and try to cover it up. Mike is getting too suspicious and I think he'll be disposed of with the CIA covering it up.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #143
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

They have done a good job of setting up plenty of interesting story lines. Brody working for the CIA (and being a double agent?) has lots of potential. Mike figuring out Brody had been turned gives us the potential for Mike to get in the way of a CIA op. Mike can blow Brody's new cover. Things can get very messy going forward.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #144
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Finally an episode that wasn't frenetic, in-your-face. Yet it was still as riveting and compelling as the first 6 episodes. THIS is why it's the best show on television, the acting is just so far off-the-charts fantastic.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #145
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'll be honest, I wasn't a big fan of that episode at all. I feel like I could have missed it and I wouldn't have missed anything basically. This hit and run story is really bad, it needs to go away ASAP.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #146
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Last week's episode was a bit of a misstep for me. The ninja raid was a little too much like 24. Nothing wrong with 24, but this show was always a more cerebral version of it.

This week's episode was much, much better. The scene between Carrie and Brody were brilliant as always and it was a terrific showcase for Saul. Even the Dana-Finn storyline was nicely woven into the main plot.

And Galvez is still alive! For now.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #147
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

The hit-and-run sideshow seems out of place, but it frames such an important part of the main storyline, that of being "above the rules" and how the powerful have carte blanche to do as they will. I think it's neatly tied into the VP's past actions as the head of the CIA - killing innocent kids with a drone strike - and now that his son has killed someone innocent - trying to stay ahead of the rules, again.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #148
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I also like how it's added moral complexities for Brody. He wanted to do the right thing and be completely different from the scumbag VP, who he now has even more reason to hate. He has to stand by him now and not report the incident, causing more trouble for his family.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #149
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah I trouble feeling sorry for Brody. He was prepared to kill a room full of people (including some innocent people) but now is self-rightous about the VP planning on covering up his sons hit and run. It's an interesting moral dillemma though. Great show never a bad epiosode.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #150
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ok...that whole part where Carrie was getting the business end of Brody while they were talking about her methods and such.

Last edited by stevew : 11-18-2012 at 11:06 PM.