Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2018, 01:55 PM   #5051
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I gotta plug Overload. This is the next version of Descent, made by many of the members that put together the original series. It was released on 5/31. I have not played it yet, but it appears to play just like the original.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #5052
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Football (soccer) tactics and glory was released today. It's a turned based game getting very good reviews.

Might have to try the demo.

I've had it a while, it's been playable on EA for a long time.

It's a good game, a nightmare for catching you in a "I suppose I can play one more game" loop. Appears to have been polished for release.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #5053
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
I've had it a while, it's been playable on EA for a long time.

It's a good game, a nightmare for catching you in a "I suppose I can play one more game" loop. Appears to have been polished for release.

It's odd I just now heard of it on Steam. Anyway, I'll have to give it a shot here soon.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #5054
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
It's odd I just now heard of it on Steam. Anyway, I'll have to give it a shot here soon.

Just FYI....if you go to greenmangaming store, you can pick up for $13.50 if you use the code June25.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:52 PM   #5055
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Just FYI....if you go to greenmangaming store, you can pick up for $13.50 if you use the code June25.

Thank you!
Old 06-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #5057
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

it’s an interesting game although puzzled as to why so limited turns per game
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:39 PM   #5058
Thomkal
Head Coach

Xenonauts for free on GoG.com for next 40 hours or so. And their Summer Sale has started.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:12 AM   #5059
Thomkal
Head Coach

Don't have a link for you but Gog.com has another free game-Ziggurat a dungeon crawler I've not heard of. If you follow the Yogscast on Twitter, they had a link there to another free game from the sale on GOG.com. Couple easy questions to answer via a gleam form. I got the Alone in the Dark Trilogy.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:51 PM   #5060
Thomkal
Head Coach

Steam Summer sale starts tomorrow
Old 06-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #5061
PilotMan
Head Coach

Summer Sale is LIVE

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:11 PM   #5062
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I've saved up more badge making for it. Yay.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #5063
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Credit card is ready.. here I go! More games I'll probably never play, but their icons look cool on my desktop!!!
Old 06-21-2018, 11:20 PM   #5064
PilotMan
Head Coach

Anyone tried the Summer game yet?

Like Steam?

Old 06-22-2018, 06:48 AM   #5065
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Anyone tried the Summer game yet?

I have, nothing special, though I have not got to level 3 yet to get another power. (you start with one, which I did not know at first). Made it easier to kill things/
Old 06-22-2018, 07:01 AM   #5066
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

I've been playing a lot of Forts lately. It's not flashy or a big-budget game, but it's a lot of fun.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #5067
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

If you have a three and a half year old in your life who loves Thomas The Tank Engine and Dinosaur Train, (Dinosaur Train! It's dinosaurs! But on a train!) then a I recommend TRAIN VALLEY to you. Its $1.99 now

My grandson played the demo for hours, simply laying track and then letting the trains crash with wonderful exploding effects. So basically what he does with his wooden track and trains.

Highly recommended.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:58 AM   #5068
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Is it just me or did the SSS used to be a LOT bigger deal (in terms of hype/discussion, not value) than it seems to be this year?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-25-2018 at 12:59 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:32 AM   #5069
SackAttack
Head Coach

Jon, you could repackage that post for any of the last, like, five summer sales and nobody would be any the wiser.

Once they stopped with the daily deals and started having the same sale prices all throughout, a lot of the buzz died.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:34 AM   #5070
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Is it just me or did the SSS used to be a LOT bigger deal (in terms of hype/discussion, not value) than it seems to be this year?

It feels like each steam sale seems less impressive than the previous version of itself. A few years ago it felt like it was just the value that was waning; nowadays it seems like the buildup and hype is fading too.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #5071
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Jon, you could repackage that post for any of the last, like, five summer sales and nobody would be any the wiser.

Once they stopped with the daily deals and started having the same sale prices all throughout, a lot of the buzz died.

While this is true, it does take some of the stress, and fun, out of the process. I bought a few games this time around.

I think a lot of it is that as time goes on we have bought more and more games on Steam, so there are fewer out there that excite us, especially when we look at our massive Steam libraries of largely (or entirely) unplayed games.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:13 PM   #5072
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
While this is true, it does take some of the stress, and fun, out of the process. I bought a few games this time around.

I think a lot of it is that as time goes on we have bought more and more games on Steam, so there are fewer out there that excite us, especially when we look at our massive Steam libraries of largely (or entirely) unplayed games.

That's definitely partly true, but there's also a ton of crap out there to wade through. The change in format to less focused daily deals to just dumping all the deals out there obviously is a big factor in that, but also it's just overwhelming the number of games I have less than zero interest in. I think you can argue on the whole that Early Access hasn't been a good thing for the Steam platform - for every game that's been fun to play and has actually made it to somewhere where I don't feel cheated spending 20 bucks on it, there's 10 more that are either just cruft or seem to be an exercise in take the money and run.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #5073
PilotMan
Head Coach

That's exactly right. My backlog is full. I will grab a game here and there, but by and large, without the daily deals, or games that give deep discounts, there's not a lot to get excited about. I remember back when you 'bid' for games and I got a ton of games for pennies on the dollar, and multiple copies that I just gave away. That was fun.

Like Steam?

Old 06-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #5074
PilotMan
Head Coach

But hey, FOF8 is still discounted this year.

Like Steam?

Old 06-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #5075
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

Definitely true in my case. I picked up Frostpunk and Hob and that might be the extent of my sale purchases. (and those were not even huge deals)

I have so many Steam games that I might play for an hour and never touch again. I wish they had some kind of reward system for purchases, maybe get a steam wallet coupon or something.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:21 PM   #5076
Edward64
Head Coach

CK2 DLC's are on sale.

I've played the base game and know the DLCs add alot of flavor. I'm tempted to buy a bunch but I'm playing Stellaris now.

I seems to be a great "era" for PC games. So many good ones out there.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:33 AM   #5077
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I'm also playing a lot of Stellaris, picked up Utopia and Apocalypse DLC's during the sale.
Mota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:01 AM   #5078
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I picked up SimAirport last night. Basically Prison Architect style/interface for Airport design.

I spent all night trying to design stuff, and never hit unpause.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 06-26-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #5079
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Any thoughts on Steam Link? It's being sold for $2.50 (plus shipping). Is it any different than having a HDMI cable connecting my PC and TV?
Old 06-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #5080
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

If your setup is such that you can still use your primary mouse, keyboard, and gamepad hooked up to your PC while watching the TV, then HDMI works just fine. The benefit of Steam Link is that if your setup is in another room in the house, and you need to hook up or pair controllers close to the TV, Steam Link has USB ports. Likewise, if your home's wireless system is robust and you can't wire up a solution for any reason, you've got a few options with the WiFi network (though I wouldn't trust any reaction-based gaming).
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #5081
britrock88
Pro Starter

The kerfuffle surrounding KBS is interesting. Getting some pushback after incorporating something into the game that collects an uncomfortable amount of personal data, apparently.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #5082
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

It's been a few years, but my roommates had a Steam Link and we literally couldn't play reaction-based games at all because of the lag over WiFi.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:43 AM   #5083
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
It's been a few years, but my roommates had a Steam Link and we literally couldn't play reaction-based games at all because of the lag over WiFi.

That's what happened over at my house too
Old 07-01-2018, 12:56 PM   #5084
Capital
High School Varsity

Having a lot of fun with Football Tactics. Yes, it's a soccer game but it's much more of a RPG / one more turn kind of game.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:00 PM   #5085
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
Having a lot of fun with Football Tactics. Yes, it's a soccer game but it's much more of a RPG / one more turn kind of game.

Thanks for the heads up. Will give the demo a shot.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:20 PM   #5086
path12
Coordinator

Loving Dungeonmans so far.

Quiet sale though, just that, The Last Federation and Atlantic Fleet. Going to have to take the plunge on Factorio soon.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:36 AM   #5087
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

For those of you who have Amazon Prime, I'd suggest downloading the twitch for windows app, about 20 free games (including pillars of eternity and Tyranny) over the next couple weeks
Old 07-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #5088
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I've been trying to tell people that here

The long awaited multiplayer patch for No Man's Sky is due a week from today. And they have a new trailer for it:

https://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-...ffer-pcgamertw

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-17-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #5089
tarcone
Coordinator

I bought They Are Billions.

Great game. Right up my alley. I have always been a conservative player when I played RTS games. So hunkering down and building a base is right up my alley.
Unfortunately, I suck at this game. Have not beat the easiest level yet. But am having a blast.

DId have a glitch recently, though. At the half way point of my game, my base quit producing wood. Well, thats not quite true. The number bounced from 4 to 19 and back. I could not build much and it never got higher than 19.

It was frustrating.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #5090
Groundhog
Coordinator

Not a new game, but I grabbed the Field of Glory 2 + expansions bundle. I love it. Basically a video game version of a tabletop wargame - turn-based tile warfare with a huge variety of nations (and different eras per nation). Doesn't have the campaign map component of Total War, but has both historical and randomized on-the-fly campaigns with "choose your own adventure" type options between each battle based on the results of the last battle. You generally start with a core of pre-selected units but (excluding some specific scenarios) then have a number of points to spend customizing your force.

The "on-the-fly" stuff is pretty impressive so far, particularly with how it branches off from the selected enemy to other historically-accurate enemies. I selected 6th century Byzantines against 6th century Alans, and the campaign had me also branching off to deal with Persians and Moors attacking my rear while I was distracted by the Alans. The only other on-the-fly campaign I tried was Romans versus Roman slaves, and had some Gauls rudely stick their noses in as well.

Highly recommended if you like turn-based games, or are a wargamer.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:21 PM   #5091
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
my base quit producing wood.

There's pills for that.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #5092
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
There's pills for that.

And they are AMAZING

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:30 PM   #5093
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Been watching a guy stream Deceit. Free To Play silly little game, 6 players. Basically 2 people are secretly infected monsters trying to kill/screw over the other 4 before they can escape.

Looks quite amusing to play with friends, if any of you are interested in trying to get a group up.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #5094
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Really enjoying WH40K Gladius: Relics of War
Old 07-21-2018, 08:54 AM   #5095
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I didn't see this posted and some people may find it interesting. There's also a link in the article to download the 13,000 game .csv file. Steam Game Player counts
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #5096
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
The long awaited multiplayer patch for No Man's Sky is due a week from today. And they have a new trailer for it:

https://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-...ffer-pcgamertw

Should be updating on most platforms now (maybe not GOG yet). Most sites have a sale on the base game if you've been wanting to check it out.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:57 PM   #5097
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
There's pills for that.

L-Citrulline seems to do the same job.

Side note, really glad to see the kind of support No Man's Sky got from the developer. To continue working while people relentlessly trash your game and finally produce the product you likely would have in the first place (If the flood hadn't happened) is pretty awesome and really gets my attention. I would trust them enough to buy any game they make knowing how much effort they put in to making this game what it was supposed to be in the first place.

With it releasing on XBox One I plan on picking it up and spending quite a bit of time in space once we get moved in to the new place.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 07-24-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:36 PM   #5098
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Wonder if it's finally time to buy NMS.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:49 PM   #5099
sabotai
General Manager

I finally got around to giving Rimworld a try. Bought it Friday night and have played it for 26 hours so far.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-24-2018 at 10:49 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:02 AM   #5100
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I finally got around to giving Rimworld a try. Bought it Friday night and have played it for 26 hours so far.

That game is like crack. I'm too scared to fire it up again after my last 30-odd hour session.