3 Defense Grid Awakening
4 Magic 2012
5 Civ 5
6 Elder Scrolls Oblivion
7 Tropico 4
8 Orcs Must Die
9 Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
10 Fallout 3

Terraria I have 189 hours, while Magic at number 2 is at 68 hours. I do share an account with the kids, though, and they both play Terraria quite a bit as well.

ha! nice! yeah when mckerney had his server up, it was all i played but I lost my hotel.. I think I still have the files for it somewhere.

I would no doubt have more RPG stuff at the top, but my RPGs are mostly on consoles. Fallout 3, KOTORs, other things like that.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #702
mckerney
Coordinator

If anyone picked up KotoR2 during the sale, there's a new update to the Restored Content mod.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...d-content-mod/
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #703
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I bought my dad a new system for Christmas, when I loaded up his Steam, I noticed he's logged 1,330 hours of Half Life 2 Deathmatch. Dude loves his game!

My list:

1. Terraria
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Borderlands
4. Mass Effect
5. Civ 5
6. Torchlight 2
7. X-Com: UFO Defense
8. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
9. Torchlight
10. Dragon Age: Origins
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #704
frnk55
High School Varsity

Fallen Enchantress is 33% off. I'm tempted. Anyone like??
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #705
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I bought my dad a new system for Christmas, when I loaded up his Steam, I noticed he's logged 1,330 hours of Half Life 2 Deathmatch. Dude loves his game!

1,330 hours in three days is impressive, even for the west coast.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #706
Qrusher14242
High School JV

http://getgamesgo.com/product/football-manager-2013

$18 For FM13

Ends tomorrow at 4pm gmt(about 23 hours or so from now) They give you a steam key. It's where i bought FM12 from, worked good
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #707
mckerney
Coordinator

Steam key for Kings Booty: Warriors of the North for $10.50 with voucher

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...arriors-north/

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...halla-edition/ - Valhalla Edition for $11.55
Old 12-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #708
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Steam key for Kings Booty: Warriors of the North for $10.50 with voucher

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...arriors-north/

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...halla-edition/ - Valhalla Edition for $11.55

didn't know that there was a Valhalla edition or else I might have been tempted. I went with the regular edition, with that voucher, actually before seeing your post but still, makes for a neat price on a fairly recent release. I really liked the original game. Looking forward to wasting some time with this one too

FM
Old 12-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #709
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
didn't know that there was a Valhalla edition or else I might have been tempted. I went with the regular edition, with that voucher, actually before seeing your post but still, makes for a neat price on a fairly recent release. I really liked the original game. Looking forward to wasting some time with this one too

FM

Valhalla edition doesn't seem worthwhile to me unless you really want the art book, I've never been much a fan of bonus items that makes the game easier.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #710
Qrusher14242
High School JV

man, another day without a Fallout sale wanna pick up New Vegas, thought it would at least be a flash sale. Wasn't in the Fall sale either...
Old 12-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #711
mckerney
Coordinator

If you just want the base game of New Vegas it is $7 from GMG, but the ultimate edition for $20 us probably a better deal if it doesn't get discounted more on Steam.

When you do get it make sure to check out the restored content mod.

Last edited by mckerney : 12-29-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #712
Qrusher14242
High School JV

yeah ill check out that mod.

BTW, i got FM13 in the steam sale, but most of the achievements arent working. I can get tutorial ones, but one's like for scoring a goal or winning a game dont seem to trigger. Do they not work in the new Classic mode?
Old 12-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #713
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
yeah ill check out that mod.

BTW, i got FM13 in the steam sale, but most of the achievements arent working. I can get tutorial ones, but one's like for scoring a goal or winning a game dont seem to trigger. Do they not work in the new Classic mode?

Weird
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #714
Qrusher14242
High School JV

yeah, like i scored a hat trick and no achievement...but then i finished the game and then sold a player and got one. Not sure whats going on lol
Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #715
mckerney
Coordinator

dsfix | metaclassofnilblog

Anyone who picked up Dark Souls should be sure to use the graphics mod DSFix. Just extract it to your Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition => Data folder and turn off anti aliasing in game.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #716
Radii
Head Coach

My list:

FM2010
Skyrim
Dungeon Defenders
Dragon Age: Origins
Empire: Total War
Dragon Age II
Tropico 3
The Witcher
Walking Dead
Crusader Kings II

FM10 is listed at 5700 hours, but I would just leave that up for weeks at a time even when i wasn't actively playing it.

My most played games during the Steam Era would all be non steam games. I have 1600+ legit hours in league of legends (somewhere around 3500 games played now). MMOs Runes of Magic is probably my 2nd most played game, then FM10, then Rift, LOTRO and Guild Wars 2... then the rest of the Steam games.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #717
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I finished episode 4 of the Walking Dead and when I logged back on to continue none of my saved games where there to load. In my documents folder I see multiple saves - my last save is: C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead/save_63.save

Any thoughts?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #718
Capital
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
So, playing the campaign for Anno 2070 nicely. Chapter 3's level of involvement shoots up ridiculously. Just pure island building and resource chain management.

First mission took me 3 hours to complete!

I'm betting continuous games will be ridiculously long. Hehe.

Anon 2070 is back to being 60% off ($19.99) for the next 10 hrs. Still enjoying the game?
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #719
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I finished episode 4 of the Walking Dead and when I logged back on to continue none of my saved games where there to load. In my documents folder I see multiple saves - my last save is: C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead/save_63.save

Any thoughts?

[WD] Lost save-files - Telltale Games Forums
Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #720
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
Anon 2070 is back to being 60% off ($19.99) for the next 10 hrs. Still enjoying the game?

It's very complex as a game, which is something I enjoy personally. It has a bit of RTS genre and a bit of SimCity stuff. I am enjoying it thus far, but I'm only in the 2nd campaign/chapter and not as far along as some others.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #721
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Mark of the Ninja ($7.49 at the moment) is the best platform game I have played in a long, long time. Right up there with Shadow Complex on the Xbox.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #722
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post

Finished the campaign.

Very complex, with resource and efficiency management being the toughest parts.

Not sure if it's everyone's cup of tea, but I am playing through a continuous mode game now and still loving it.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:51 AM   #723
Mota
College Benchwarmer

As with most games I haven't been able to spend nearly the time that I'd like with it, but I've really enjoyed the time that I've had so far. It's very similar to another good game Dawn of Discovery but with quite a bit more detail.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #724
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Thank you! Will try this now...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #725
mckerney
Coordinator

Great deals today for anyone who doesn't own Terraria, The Binding of Isaac, and Deus Ex:HR
Old 12-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #726
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, mostly based on this thread, I bought the Walking Dead.

Thus far, my handful of dabbles into the game have been really frustrating and brief. Like I get to a stopping point, get killed, and have to restart. Then gradually i figure out how to do a better job pointing my targeting and so forth, and eventually manage to get past that little stage... and into another, where basically it's lather-rinse-repeat.

Can someone tell me that once I get past some controls-based growing pains, I will love the game like so many of you do? So far it's been terribly frustrating, but I'm only probably 10-15 minutes of gameplay deep.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #727
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
So, mostly based on this thread, I bought the Walking Dead.

Thus far, my handful of dabbles into the game have been really frustrating and brief. Like I get to a stopping point, get killed, and have to restart. Then gradually i figure out how to do a better job pointing my targeting and so forth, and eventually manage to get past that little stage... and into another, where basically it's lather-rinse-repeat.

Can someone tell me that once I get past some controls-based growing pains, I will love the game like so many of you do? So far it's been terribly frustrating, but I'm only probably 10-15 minutes of gameplay deep.

I can count the number of times I failed that stuff on one hand, and the ones I did were in the early chapters.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #728
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

you should get used to the controls fairly quickly, and once that happens the game gets a lot easier.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #729
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
you should get used to the controls fairly quickly, and once that happens the game gets a lot easier.

Plus the target locations for using a mouse get a lot better after the first episode.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #730
Qrusher14242
High School JV

i used a controller...worked well enough, but the gameplay parts arent anything to write home about. Its more about the story. Wish it was just point and click honestly
Old 12-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #731
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Dota really good.

Alright McKerny, what the hell is this game? What do you do? And what makes it so good, because I got it today primarily because I see you playing it all the time and you say it's really good. What the hell is it?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #732
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It says it is free. Have I got the roght game?
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #733
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Alright McKerny, what the hell is this game? What do you do? And what makes it so good, because I got it today primarily because I see you playing it all the time and you say it's really good. What the hell is it?

It's a remake by Valve of a multiplayer WarCraft 3 mod, so it looks and controls like an basic RTS game. And like most RTS games the goal is to destroy the other teams base. Games typically last about 30-40 minutes and you win by destroying the other team's ancient which is behind 4 rows of towers and cannot be killed until the towers are down in at least one of the three lanes.

Where it differs from a traditional RTS is that instead of making buildings and unit each player gets one powerful hero unit while the CPU controlled teams send units down each of three lanes every thirty seconds towards the enemy towers. Over the course of a game with your hero you level up and assign skill points to abilities. You get experience for being near enemy heroes or AI controlled creeps when they die, you get gold from getting the last hit to kill an enemy hero or creep, or assisting in killing an enemy hero.

What I love so much is the mix of strategy, skill and teamwork. There are over 100 heroes (though not all have been added yet) all with different skills and stats and 120 items in the game. There are then about 5 basic roles for heroes that must be played differently in terms of what they do during the game and what items they use, though many heroes don't fit right into one role and fill two or more different roles (though not as well as someone who fits mostly in one). Dota is very well balanced as the lead developer Icefrog has been working on it since 2005 (he was hired by Valve in 2009 and he still maintains the WarCraft 3 mod that Dota 2 is basically an updated copy of), and is very deep game strategically.

With that strategic depth though comes a difficult learning curve. I played hundreds of hours of the mod starting in about 2006, have played even more in Dota 2 and manage to win slightly more than i lose and I am still learning things about the game through playing or watching pro games. This is typically regarded as the best guide for new players, and the writer Purge also has a series of Youtube videos aimed at new players. If you want to watch an example game to get a feel for it TotalBiscuit recently did a video as someone who doesn't really know much about the game. The best way to start is probably to do a game with just bots (How to) to get a feel for how things work and then play against bots with human teammates. Let me know if you want to play and I can teach you some of the basics in bot games.

And big plays in doto are always fun.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #734
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
It says it is free. Have I got the roght game?

The game will be free, but they don't have the server capacity for a free to play release (even without a full release it has 3 times the peak players of any other game on Steam) or things like tutorials for new players in it yet, so you can either buy an invite (which comes with cosmetic items too), sign up and wait for one, or trade for one with someone who has an invite. You are able to install it from the store page, but you'll only have the spectator client which lets you watch games but not play them.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #735
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I went to the steam Dota 2 message board the other day. Some guy had a thread saying add him to friends for a dota 2 invite. I added him and he traded me a free invite. I feel like that may be a strategy that could be used by those still without one.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #736
Qrusher14242
High School JV

i have 2 dota invites if anyone wants one
Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #737
Atocep
Coordinator

DOTA, and MOBAs in general, are a lot fun. They do have an incredibly steep learning curve and having some thick skin isn't a bad thing either. If you're interested I would recommend exactly what McKerney has said. Play some bot games and then play a bit with someone that knows MOBAs a bit to get a feel for things before making final judgement.

I was lucky enough to have some friends that knew MOBAs pretty well when I got started otherwise I probably wouldn't have lasted longer than a game or two.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #738
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
They do have an incredibly steep learning curve and having some thick skin isn't a bad thing either.

Both of these things are worth mentioning tenfold. I've had some great experiences playing by myself but I've also had some really awful ones. Nothing since the original Everquest has felt as rewarding as winning games with a group of friends though. Queuing together with 2, 3 or 4 friends for games can be incredibly fun.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #739
Radii
Head Coach

dola, there is a general thread here for MOBA games: MOBA (Dota, LoL, HoN) Thread - Front Office Football Central

There isn't a whole lot in there that would really help a new player right now, but that wouldn't be a bad place to congregate if you start having questions about any facet of the game or genre as you start learning about it.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #740
mckerney
Coordinator

Yeah, you're going to get absolutely stomped and savagely beaten, rage inducing games where someone on your team throws away what should have been an easy win, and games where you're team hates you because you can't do anything right and make your team lose, but there's no better feeling in gaming than when things go just right and you win.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #741
Ryan S
Quarterback

If you are looking for a DOTA 2 invite it might be worth looking here

ShareDota2: Sharing or Swapping Dota 2 Invites

Last edited by Ryan S : 01-01-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #742
mckerney
Coordinator

Beta invites.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #743
PilotMan
Head Coach

To the Moon is a flash sale right now for less than $4 bucks. I picked it up, I know it's been discussed very positively here too.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #744
Qrusher14242
High School JV

FM13 is $20 on both amazon and steam. If you have bought a Sega game this year from amazon, you get a $5 voucher on FM13 right now which brings it down to $15
Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #745
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
man, another day without a Fallout sale wanna pick up New Vegas, thought it would at least be a flash sale. Wasn't in the Fall sale either...

Fallout New Vegas on sale at Gamersgate for $4.99 for the next 20 or so hours. This is the standard version, I don't think the ultimate edition has been reduced at all at GG.

EDIT - If you are looking for the Ultimate Edition, it works out cheaper (in the UK anyway) to buy Fallout NV at Gamersgate, then pick up the DLC at Steam at 40% discount. Not sure if anywhere else has the Ultimate Edition on a special offer that might work out cheaper. It would probably be a good idea to wait until the deals change at Steam in a few hours, just in case Fallout NV comes up and the prices are driven down further.

Last edited by Ryan S : 01-04-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #746
Qrusher14242
High School JV

hmm yeah i saw someone say it $3 on GG, but it shows up as $5 here so i'll just wait for a steam sale or something for it. Can't believe it hasn't been on sale the last 2 steam sales

Also, you can't make this stuff up lol:

Steam extends holiday sale to Jan. 7, most popular sale titles to receive encore deals

Steam will extend its winter sale three more days in a special Encore Weekend event, Valve announced today.

Originally scheduled to end today, the Steam Holiday Sale will be extended through Monday. The sale's Encore Weekend will begin on Saturday, Jan. 5 at 1 p.m. ET and run until Monday, Jan. 7 at 1 p.m. ET.

The sale will consist of discounts and deals on "a select number of the most sought-after titles" from the Steam Holiday Sale, which began on Dec. 20.

Steam extends holiday sale to Jan. 7, most popular sale titles to receive encore*deals | Polygon

Considering the last 5 or more days has been repeats, Valve have to be trolling. WHY would we need another 2 days of repeats?? This sale has been way too long already, last game i got was Resonance a while ago.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #747
britrock88
Pro Starter

I enjoy that 48 hours = 3 days.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #748
Izulde
Head Coach

I picked up Tropico IV plus all the DLC that was on sale (one of them wasn't) last night on a flash sale. Love the Tropico series.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #749
Qrusher14242
High School JV

I have Tropico 3...just never got around to playing it much. Heard 4 was good with the Modern Times DLC
Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #750
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
hmm yeah i saw someone say it $3 on GG, but it shows up as $5 here so i'll just wait for a steam sale or something for it.

It might not have been a US price. The game is £2.49 ($4) in the UK and €2.49 ($3.20) in Europe, so it looks like the EU are getting the best deal by some margin.