Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #151
JediKooter
Coordinator

Episodes 7, 8 & 9 will be live action.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #152
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Harrison Ford says he is open to another ‘Star Wars’ film | Movie Talk - Yahoo! Movies

Quote:
For all those who hope the upcoming "Star Wars" movies are more "original trilogy" than "prequels" -- there is hope: Harrison Ford, who played the scruffy-looking nerferder Han Solo in the original films, will consider reprising his role, according to Entertainment Weekly.

The magazine spoke to a "highly placed source," who said, "Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he's upbeat about it." The mystery source "close to the just-announced 'Star Wars' sequel" went on to explain that Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) are equally enthusiastic about the possibilities.

It's been 29 years since Ford last played the lovable scoundrel. According to legend, the actor very much wanted his character to be killed off in "Return of the Jedi." However, George Lucas ixnayed the idea. In a 2010 interview with ABC News, Ford said, "I thought he should have died in the last one to give it some bottom... George didn't think there was any future in dead Han toys."

Ford today (Photo: Getty)As near as we can tell, no script has been written and no director picked for the untitled Episode 7. According to Dale Pollack, who wrote a biography of Lucas and saw early treatments for Episodes 7, 8, and 9 several years ago, the treatments centered around Skywalker in his 30s or early 40s. "It was originally a 12-part saga," Pollock told the Wrap. "The three most exciting stories were 7, 8, and 9. They had propulsive action, really interesting new worlds, new characters. I remember thinking, 'I want to see these three movies.'"

Never heard the 12-part thing.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #153
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post

And we have a winner!!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #154
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

yeah, he's a good choice. now who's gonna direct?

my left field dark horse... edgar wright
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #155
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
yeah, he's a good choice. now who's gonna direct?

my left field dark horse... edgar wright

Good question. Spielberg took himself out of the running, so it's not him, unless he's just being coy. As long as it isn't M Night Shamalamadingdong or Uwe Boll, things should be relatively safe.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #156
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Darth Vader to Return From the Dead For New Star Wars Movies?

Quote:
Chalk this up as either crazy or just wishful thinking, but Britain's Daily Express is reporting that, according to a "film mole", the new Star Wars movies will see the return of Darth Vader.
dammit.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #157
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess I could buy some sort of imperial linked group could make a fake Vader to try to impose legitimacy of rule on some areas of the republic. An imposter of sorts.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #158
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

It could be just a flashback.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #159
booradley
High School Varsity

I was disappointed in Episodes I-III when I saw them in the theater, but now when they come on cable I watch them religiously. I dunno, it's like once I dropped my preconceptions, I came to appreciate them for what they were - good fun movies not meant to be taken too seriously. I am fairly certain this pattern will repeat for the new eps.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #160
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
I was disappointed in Episodes I-III when I saw them in the theater, but now when they come on cable I watch them religiously. I dunno, it's like once I dropped my preconceptions, I came to appreciate them for what they were - good fun movies not meant to be taken too seriously. I am fairly certain this pattern will repeat for the new eps.

Well, III really is the movie that should have made up most of the I-III material. Its actually good. I is genuinely unwatchable, partially because Lucas takes a hatchet to his established canon for fun.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #161
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post

I'm the exact opposite. I enjoyed all 3 in theaters but on subsequent viewings - - and since I have kids, there have been many - I find them more and more disappointing.

fwiw II is the one I find unwatchable.

Last edited by Draft Dodger : 11-12-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #162
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

it'll be good. my concern is that it's so valuable to disney that every shareholder will want a say in production
Old 11-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #163
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

My understanding is that Greedo comes back to, and he shoots first before Vader shoots him.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #164
sabotai
General Manager

If they want to take the easy route, they'd just use Timothy Zahn's trilogy for episodes 7,8 and 9.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #165
Groundhog
Coordinator

I didn't like the new trilogy much when I saw them all at the cinemas, but I don't think I've seen them since. I didn't much like LotR at the cinema either but really enjoyed the first film over the weekend - also hadn't watched them since the cinema - so maybe it's time to give Star Wars a shot too.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #166
JediKooter
Coordinator

Haven't heard one peep about Vader coming back. Time to do some digging around.

I wouldn't be surprised though if a director will be announced sometime soon-ish.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #167
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Haven't heard one peep about Vader coming back. Time to do some digging around.

I wouldn't be surprised though if a director will be announced sometime soon-ish.

Okay how can Darth vader come back? What is this another Friday the thirteenth?

DV = Jason?

He was all ghosty and pure having been saved so he wasn't darth anymore. He was anakin.

That would be a mistake of Lucasian proportions.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #168
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Maybe Darth Vader is more like Dread Pirate Roberts?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #169
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Okay how can Darth vader come back? What is this another Friday the thirteenth?

DV = Jason?

He was all ghosty and pure having been saved so he wasn't darth anymore. He was anakin.

That would be a mistake of Lucasian proportions.

It would be stupid if he actually came back. The only scenarios I can think of...
1. Someone is pretending to be him (stupid)
2. It's his blue ghost (which would make it Anakin) (stupid)
3. Some kind of flash back/dream sequence (might work)

Remember, Lucas isn't writing this. All he has is outlines for 7, 8, & 9 and even those are not complete outlines, so this is nothing but speculation on the part of whoever said Vader was coming back. Heck, they just announced the screen writer a couple of days ago. Plus, if it's the director who I think it's going to be, I don't think he's the type that would take that route. I hope.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #170
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

maybe

a. it's a flashback and/or
b. it's a business decision. star wars is $$$. vader is it's most recognizable character and mascot for the brand. we have to -insert- him somehow

movies are a global business now. the fanbase will see it regardless. how do you get 9 year old chinese kids to see it?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #171
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
how do you get 9 year old chinese kids to see it?

On the iPhones that they make?

Last edited by JediKooter : 11-13-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #172
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

When Darth Vader's body was laid to rest and burned, all the ash from the body flew into the air and poisoned a nearby hermit and took over his soul. Darth Returns in this new body. Also the ground was poisoned from darth's blood so all the dead people buried there rise as zombies to do darth's bidding!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #173
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

i dunno. it's hack-y. but it wouldn't surprise me. as long as it wasn't mind numbingly dumb i think most people would accept it (vader)

has anybody read the books? isn't there an 'official' storyline post roj?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #174
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
It would be stupid if he actually came back. The only scenarios I can think of...
1. Someone is pretending to be him (stupid)
2. It's his blue ghost (which would make it Anakin) (stupid)
3. Some kind of flash back/dream sequence (might work)

4. The movie takes place in the past, though all the characters think it's in the future. Then it turns out that Yoda was really Darth Vader all along, and he never died because he just used his force powers to turn invisible. Also, C3PO finally realizes his dream of becoming a real boy and he turns into Darth Vader so now there's two Darth Vaders. (Would probably work)
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #175
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
When Darth Vader's body was laid to rest and burned, all the ash from the body flew into the air and poisoned a nearby hermit and took over his soul. Darth Returns in this new body. Also the ground was poisoned from darth's blood so all the dead people buried there rise as zombies to do darth's bidding!
or the emperor didn't die when he got tossed down the tube and he re-animates vader somehow. zombie vader might be cool (or not)
Old 11-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #176
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
4. The movie takes place in the past, though all the characters think it's in the future. Then it turns out that Yoda was really Darth Vader all along, and he never died because he just used his force powers to turn invisible. Also, C3PO finally realizes his dream of becoming a real boy and he turns into Darth Vader so now there's two Darth Vaders. (Would probably work)

I would see this movie and give it a fresh rating.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #177
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oh yeah gotta have the emporer so he can say "Something Something Something Comple-T-e"
Old 11-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #178
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The thing is canon has already shown there can be LOTS of sith, lots of sith lords, lots of emperors.

So I definitely foresee more vaderlike guys, like Darth Malas and Darth Baras and Darth Maul and all that.

I would almost think they would go more the smuggler/rogue angle tho and have a han-like character front and center with bounty hnunters and stuff too. Less about force and jedi/sith at first and DEFINITELY nothing about senators and politics!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #179
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

5. Obi-Wan knew the truth but only hinted at it when he said, "He's more machine now than man." At the start of the movie it's revealed that the Emperor had created an army of robot Darth Vaders. (They're basically just storm troopers wearing Darth Vader costumes though, a lot of fans would probably be pretty pissed).

6. The movie takes place immediately after Episode 3. The opening shot is Natalie Portman lying in bed (completely nude of course). She wakes up with a confused look on her face. She gets up and goes to her bathroom and sees Ewan McGregor in the shower and says to him, "You're not going to believe this horrible dream I just had." Later on Anikan becomes Darth Vader and does some Darth Vader stuff.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #180
JediKooter
Coordinator

Just keep in mind that the writer of Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 is writing the script for EP7. So I'm hoping that he avoids any resurrection of Darth Vader.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #181
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Just keep in mind that the writer of Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 is writing the script for EP7. So I'm hoping that he avoids any resurrection of Darth Vader.

I've heard that Kevin Smith is blowing every mouse, rat, or rodent he sees to try and get in on the script writing.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #182
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
6. The movie takes place immediately after Episode 3. The opening shot is Natalie Portman lying in bed (completely nude of course). She wakes up with a confused look on her face. She gets up and goes to her bathroom and sees Ewan McGregor in the shower and says to him, "You're not going to believe this horrible dream I just had." Later on Anikan becomes Darth Vader and does some Darth Vader stuff.

this wins
Old 11-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #183
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I've heard that Kevin Smith is blowing every mouse, rat, or rodent he sees to try and get in on the script writing.

37 of them in fact...

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-13-2012 at 12:11 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #184
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
yeah, but he's beholden to the wishes of the studio. if the mouse wants vader the mouse gets vader

related: have you ever seen kevin smith's superman script story? it came to mind

edit: whoa weird synchronicity with cartman

Last edited by NorvTurnerOverdrive : 11-13-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #185
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Do some sort of GF2 type story with Luke turning evil and Vader discovering the true identity of the pilot who destroyed the death star.

Last edited by stevew : 11-13-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #186
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
5. Obi-Wan knew the truth but only hinted at it when he said, "He's more machine now than man." At the start of the movie it's revealed that the Emperor had created an army of robot Darth Vaders. (They're basically just storm troopers wearing Darth Vader costumes though, a lot of fans would probably be pretty pissed).

7. A man claiming to be the son of Darth Vader comes forth wearing his fathers suit and using his name and claming he will take his father's rightful place as ruler of the universe. This Darth Vader was always lazy when it came to his force studies so he's unable to sieze power by force so he attempts to take power by gaining popular political support. Unfortunately for him his quest for power dies in the galactic senate after he's caught on tape making insensitive comments about space rape when he says, "If no one can hear you scream is it really rape?" In his disappointment he returns to his father's home world of Tatooine where Jawas capture him after mistaking him for an abandoned droid. The new Vader lives out his days in sadness on a sandcrawler hoping that one day someone will buy him and set him free, though no one ever does.

8. It turns out that fire cannot kill a Sith Lord and Vader comes back as a fire elemental. No one in the audience really gets it because it's not properly explained and he has the voice of Jar Jar Binks. It's later revealed in the novelization and extended universe fans won't stop talking about how brilliant it is and how stupid everyone else is for not getting it.

Last edited by mckerney : 11-13-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #187
Pyser
Pro Rookie

id vader comes back id guess it's luke who turns to the dark side, and the new trilogy is about trying to save him
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #188
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Do some sort of GF2 type story with Luke turning evil
hence the all black garb in roj. it's a picture!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #189
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
yeas, because what a sci-fi epic needs is somebody who can't edit and has never been to film school
Old 11-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #190
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
yeah, but he's beholden to the wishes of the studio. if the mouse wants vader the mouse gets vader

related: have you ever seen kevin smith's superman script story? it came to mind

edit: whoa weird synchronicity with cartman

Nope, he's beholden to Kathleen Kennedy & Lucasfilm (a soon to be subsidiary of Disney). So unless they are just giving us a shine job, then the mouse won't have as much input as people are thinking he will.

No never read or heard of Kevin Smith's script. Is it good?

Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #191
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

it's just a funny story. this is just a fun exercise in wild speculation
Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #192
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
it's just a funny story. this is just a fun exercise in wild speculation

I like what South Park did with it and the election. That was pretty good.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #193
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Zack Snyder Preps Non-Trilogy Star Wars Film -- Vulture

Seven Samurai in space.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #194
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Awesome. Even if it is from the director of 300.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #195
JediKooter
Coordinator

J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film (Exclusive) | The Wrap Movies

Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #196
DanGarion
Coordinator

Holy shit, that is awesome.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #197
JediKooter
Coordinator

Lightsabers and lens flares galore!

Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #198
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Lightsabers and lens flares galore!

I'm 100% for it. Wow, this is awesome. I've been a huge J.J. fan since Felicity.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #199
Kodos
Resident Alien

Joss Whedon would be a fun choice.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #200
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I'm 100% for it. Wow, this is awesome. I've been a huge J.J. fan since Felicity.

I'm totally cool with this as well. As long as I don't ever ever ever ever hear Damon Lindelof mentioned, I'm cool.