Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #5251
Edward64
Head Coach

Watched a Sunday talk show that had Scaramucci. I thought he did well representing Trump.

Still a honeymoon period I think and looking forward to more productive and less confrontational press briefings and relationship.

I felt sorry for Spicer but he brought alot of it on himself and glad there is a fresh face(s) to try get things back on track.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #5252
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I mean, various obstructionists have been in the way of some of his better stuff thus far.

There is a hilarious lack of self-awareness in this quote.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #5253
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I felt sorry for Spicer but he brought alot of it on himself and glad there is a fresh face(s) to try get things back on track.

Spicer is an asshole and he deserved everything he got.

Sean Spicer Stole A Fridge From White House Staffers
Old 07-23-2017, 01:40 PM   #5254
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Watched a Sunday talk show that had Scaramucci. I thought he did well representing Trump.

Glad he could live up to the low bar of not accidentally denying the Holocaust.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #5255
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:

Still a honeymoon period I think and looking forward to more productive and less confrontational press briefings and relationship.

Scaramucci isn't going to be the press secretary, which was Spicer's job. THat's going to be Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

It's hard for me to take the Mooch seriously when in his opening remarks he was borderline a North Korean propogandist just short of claiming Trump only made holes in one on the golf course.

Or more seriously that his past positions magically evolved in 24 hours to match the President's, just shortly after the President's largest donor raised a stink.

Or that he keeps carrying the President's water on doubting whether Russian hackers tried to interfere in the election.

But you're right, he does look good in that suit!
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #5256
Flasch186
Coordinator

The shit he said, if it was about KJU we wouldve said well who gives a shit, its North Korea.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:22 PM   #5257
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

Stop.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:49 PM   #5258
Radii
Head Coach

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-anon...e-14bd69d07db6

Quote:
“There’s a lot of disinformation out there,” said Scaramucci. “Somebody said to me yesterday—I won’t tell you who—that if the Russians actually hacked this situation and spilled out those emails, you would have never seen it, you would have never had any evidence of them.”

An incredulous Tapper cut him off, pointing out that this anonymous source was breaking from every single intelligence agency in asserting that Russia’s involvement was in dispute. That’s all it took for Scaramucci to throw his boss under the bus.

“How ‘bout it was the president, Jake,” said Scaramucci of his anonymous source. “I talked to him yesterday, he called me from Air Force One, and he basically said to me ‘hey you know, maybe they did it, maybe they didn’t do it.’”
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:43 PM   #5259
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Scaramucci’s reveal that Trump poses as an anonymous source to defend himself further calls into question the dozens of times Trump has cited unnamed “people” to justify his actions as president or suggest he is more popular than he is, or subtly criticize his own staff for their inaction, or not so subtly criticize the media

Heh, "further calls into question." If you weren't already convinced that all of his "a little birdy told me" moments were just him pulling stuff out of his ass, you're not going to start thinking that way now.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:30 AM   #5260
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The President, who said he didn't want the Justice Department to investigate HRC, is whining this morning that the Justice Department isn't investigating HRC.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #5261
cuervo72
Head Coach

Have to whip up the base. For all the bluster about coal or the wall, for many of his rally-attending supporters the biggest deal was taking down Hillary (in what most resembles a literal witch hunt, really). If you've succeeded at one thing but can't seem to do anything else, why not revisit that victory?
Old 07-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #5262
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
The President, who said he didn't want the Justice Department to investigate HRC, is whining this morning that the Justice Department isn't investigating HRC.

He does realize he is in charge of it, right?

Probably his way of deflecting since his son-in-law is being questioned about whether or not he committed treason this morning.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:57 PM   #5263
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I know there is a comparison of politics to pro wrestling but it feels closer every day. Reading some of Scaramucci's old thoughts on Trump and politics compared to today sounds like a manager turning on his guy and switching to represent another guy. The whole thing just feels like performance art.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #5264
JPhillips
General Manager

It looks like tomorrow the Senate will vote on a healthcare bill, even bringing back McCain for the vote.

But nobody knows what will be voted on. Repeal? Repeal and replace? Cruz amendment? Something else? Nobody knows.

The the vote will probably include a vote overriding the parliamentarian who ruled some major portions as incompatible with the Byrd rule. Some way, some how the GOP is going to pass something that will do something!
Old 07-24-2017, 09:17 PM   #5265
cuervo72
Head Coach

Step __: co-opt a youth organization!
Old 07-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #5266
JPhillips
General Manager

Many conservatives enraged over Obama school speech

We should never take a conservative outrage story seriously again.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:53 PM   #5267
RainMaker
General Manager

Impressive or creepy? Maybe this generation's Scott Thorson.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:28 AM   #5268
JPhillips
General Manager

What an asshole.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:00 AM   #5269
SteveM58
Mascot

That's a good example of why we can't judge the right thing by Trump's petty motivations. It's either the right thing or it isn't.
SteveM58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:18 AM   #5270
Easy Mac

The Mad King had quite the morning. Anyone seen a Robert Baratheon?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:41 AM   #5271
Easy Mac

dola,

His tweet about McCain being a hero after he's trashed him is sick. If McCain had any pride left, he'd vote no simply because of that.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:11 AM   #5272
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
What an asshole.

Sessions just needs to resign if his boss is going to keep criticizing him in public.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:30 AM   #5273
Ben E Lou

Guys, this is just more 6-D Chess to make us feel sorry for Sessions.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:58 AM   #5274
Kodos
Resident Alien

I kinda hope Sessions doesn't resign just to spite Trump. And I hate Sessions!
Old 07-25-2017, 10:07 AM   #5275
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Yeah, Dipshit Donald wants him gone. He knows firing him will bring down more thunder, so he's resorting to this petty shit to try and get him to resign. I know what I'd do were I in Sessions' spot, but it will be interesting to see what he does.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:25 AM   #5276
PilotMan
Head Coach

Trump is basically grabbing him in the pussy right now.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:21 AM   #5277
Ben E Lou

Heh. Someone forgot to delete this.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #5278
Jas_lov
College Starter

Looks like they have 50 votes to begin debate. Collins and Murkowski voted no. Ron Johnson and John McCain left to vote.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #5279
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Bannon and co's fascination with Hitler Youth probably made yesterday a huge wet dream come true for them.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #5280
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Looks like they have 50 votes to begin debate. Collins and Murkowski voted no. Ron Johnson and John McCain left to vote.

I guess being a war hero doesn't automatically make someone a decent human being.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #5281
RainMaker
General Manager

From a strictly political standpoint, his maverick image has always been a fraud. He's been a straight party guy for decades who just talks a big game to the press and never backs it up.

I don't care about the vote but enough with the talk John. You've never backed it up as a Senator.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:06 PM   #5282
stevew
Hall Of Famer

McCain lived as a hack and will die as one too
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:10 PM   #5283
JPhillips
General Manager

To be fair, McCain has never claimed to be a maverick about social programs.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #5284
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I thought this was a pretty good article about McCain

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...in-a-maverick/
Old 07-25-2017, 05:45 PM   #5285
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
To be fair, McCain has never claimed to be a maverick about social programs.

But what a maverick move to give a speech denouncing the process that he'd just cast the deciding vote to put into action.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:51 PM   #5286
RainMaker
General Manager

Trump said Lebanon is at the front fighting Hezbollah today at the press conference. Unbelievable.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:30 PM   #5287
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
But what a maverick move to give a speech denouncing the process that he'd just cast the deciding vote to put into action.

I'm not going to argue that he's been almost all bark over his career.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #5288
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Trump said Lebanon is at the front fighting Hezbollah today at the press conference. Unbelievable.

A front has two sides, right?
Old 07-25-2017, 08:47 PM   #5289
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

Given that he did the same on Gorsuch earlier this year it's hardly surprising
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:53 PM   #5290
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:

Now voting for the bill after today's speech was the ultimate in McCain bark.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #5291
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Maybe I am not on up on the political process in Congress, bur why is it a big deal to vote to debate the AHCA?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:59 PM   #5292
Easy Mac

Because they arent actually debating. its a procedural move that essentially starts the debate clock, so that the various iterations of the bill that have no chance of passing are debated, while the actual bill is thrown down at the last moment.

Also, maverick mccain voted for the brca draft of the bill tonight... the same draft bill he disparaged in his speech 7 hours ago.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:05 PM   #5293
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Easy Mac.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we knew this was going to happen, right? It was only a matter of time before the Republican controlled Senate was going to take action against the ACHA. No matter which side anyone takes on the matter, I see the process as fairly pointless. Either they are going to do something or they won't.

Of course, I'm just pretty much jaded about all things political at this point. I just know no one in that room has my interests at heart.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:16 AM   #5294
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

From an interview during the primaries:

Donald Trump: I will know the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah 'when it's appropriate' | US news | The Guardian

Quote:
Hugh Hewitt: So the difference between Hezbollah and Hamas does not matter to you yet, but it will?

Donald Trump: It will when it’s appropriate. I will know more about it than you know, and believe me, it won’t take me long.

Last edited by Radii : 07-26-2017 at 02:17 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #5295
QuikSand
lolzcat

via tweet, transgendered people may no longer serve in any military capacity.

Ok, so this is the exact equivalent of Bart Simpson setting the trash can on fire to create a distraction, right?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:36 AM   #5296
JPhillips
General Manager

How long until someone defends Trump by claiming a Russian meeting might have just been some comedians playing a prank?
Old 07-26-2017, 08:37 AM   #5297
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

Ok, so this is the exact equivalent of Bart Simpson setting the trash can on fire to create a distraction, right?
Well, and culture war is a good way to re-engage some on the right who are disenchanted with him. I'm already seeing righties who have been critical of him the last couple of weeks in particular lining up lock-step on this one.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:43 AM   #5298
Ben E Lou

Old 07-26-2017, 08:47 AM   #5299
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

Such a piece of shit.

Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:50 AM   #5300
Ben E Lou

...and now he's renewing public attacks on his Attorney General.