Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 07:27 PM   #7501
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This is truly awful.

When I saw CNN showing the process that was going on in Pittsburgh earlier today, the first thought that popped in my head was it being dangerous to show a closeup of the face of the guy who was examining the ballot lest he be identified.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-06-2020, 07:34 PM   #7502
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Australian paper LOL.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-06-2020, 08:10 PM   #7503
Edward64
Head Coach

They say Biden is going to make a speech tonight but they don't have a time. Biden should just decide once and for all, and either set a time or just say deferred till later.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:17 PM   #7504
molson
General Manager

Biden might have cancelled the speech. I wonder if they thought it'd be called tonight.

I think this is starting to get weird for people who don't follow every small ballot drop out of Allegheny County. People were telling my girlfriend at work this was going to go on for a month and end up in the Supreme Court again.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:18 PM   #7505
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

CNN reported a bit ago he is still planning on speaking tonight
Old 11-06-2020, 08:25 PM   #7506
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So about those 9K "missing" (Trump's words) military ballots. It looks like this may be in the dozens, at best, if Gwinnett is any indication.
As of this morning, there were ~8,400 military/overseas ballots requested but still unreturned in Georgia. The deadline was 5 p.m. In Gwinnett County, the 2nd largest county, they only received THREE more of these ballots today before the deadline, according to @JGambleCNN.
— Marshall Cohen (@MarshallCohen) November 7, 2020

And you damn well know that DeJoy demanded multiple sweeps looking for them today, unlike the last few days when a judge ruled it.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Old 11-06-2020, 08:30 PM   #7507
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

There is no parody better than Trump supporters.

Old 11-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #7508
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
There is no parody better than Trump supporters.

Jesus, can you swing and miss any worse than playing this song as a Trumpers rebellion anthem? LOL
Old 11-06-2020, 08:42 PM   #7509
cmp
Pro Rookie

If you would have told younger me that I would be this invested in wanting the Democratic nominee to win I could have never believed it.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #7510
sabotai
General Manager

9k votes just updated for PA and Biden's lead went from 21k to 27k. Looks like that was a chunk from Allegheny County.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:54 PM   #7511
JPhillips
General Manager

So the head of Trump's legal team isn't even a lawyer?
Old 11-06-2020, 08:54 PM   #7512
RainMaker
General Manager

The race is over and media outlets are just cowards. Biden should speak because he has won. Let CNN or whatever jerk themselves off for another couple days if they want.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:56 PM   #7513
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Hey, the "failing NY Times" wrote an article for me! Seriously, I needed this to push back on some brain-dead Trump supporters in my family. I knew the answer, but this puts some meat on the bones.

I basically had a similar situation with one of my brothers tonight, His post was tagged by Facebook for having misleading information, and when I tried to point out why they did that and why it was harmful, he completely ignored what I said and attacked me personally, I'm probably going to have stop talking to half my brothers altogether.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:01 PM   #7514
kingfc22
Head Coach

Let him throw a temper tantrum. This thing is done
Old 11-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #7515
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I basically had a similar situation with one of my brothers tonight, His post was tagged by Facebook for having misleading information, and when I tried to point out why they did that and why it was harmful, he completely ignored what I said and attacked me personally, I'm probably going to have stop talking to half my brothers altogether.

FWIW it is crazy for an otherwise normal sibling relationship to be busted because of political differences. I'd just say set the rule to not talk about politics (that's what FOFC is for!).

I'm pretty sure I know the SIL and BIL (and probably FIL) who voted Trump. We'd never have another Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner if we talked politics.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:19 PM   #7516
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
FWIW it is crazy for an otherwise normal sibling relationship to be busted because of political differences. I'd just say set the rule to not talk about politics (that's what FOFC is for!).

I'm pretty sure I know the SIL and BIL (and probably FIL) who voted Trump. We'd never have another Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner if we talked politics.

We try to do that back when we got together before covid, and I try not to say anything to them on Facebook but all this voting fraud crap just sparked my last nerve. Kinda glad COVID is keeping us apart.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:22 PM   #7517
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
We try to do that back when we got together before covid, and I try not to say anything to them on Facebook but all this voting fraud crap just sparked my last nerve. Kinda glad COVID is keeping us apart.

Just unfollow them on Facebook. You stay friends but don’t see their posts. I have had to do that with a lot of my wife’s family including my mother in law.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:24 PM   #7518
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Just unfollow them on Facebook. You stay friends but don’t see their posts. I have had to do that with a lot of my wife’s family including my mother in law.

Yeah sadly that's the way its headed I think
Old 11-06-2020, 09:28 PM   #7519
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:

I live close by and can take care of things for you!
Old 11-06-2020, 09:33 PM   #7520
JPhillips
General Manager

Old 11-06-2020, 09:42 PM   #7521
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I live close by and can take care of things for you!

Heh, these are the brothers who live closer to me than the ones in NY
Old 11-06-2020, 09:43 PM   #7522
molson
General Manager

Quote:
So about those 9K "missing" (Trump's words) military ballots. It looks like this may be in the dozens, at best, if Gwinnett is any indication.

Do we know how many of the three votes went for Trump? That might change some of the network projection models.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:43 PM   #7523
Thomkal
Head Coach

Biden sounds like he's getting ready to talk
Old 11-06-2020, 09:45 PM   #7524
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Why are they so scared to call this?

They predicted Biden would come back from 600k down and win PA and he did. Everything has went according to what they thought and hes up 30k votes.

Trump bribing the networks to not call it?
Old 11-06-2020, 09:46 PM   #7525
kingfc22
Head Coach

Yep. His motorcade just arrived in Wilmington
Old 11-06-2020, 09:48 PM   #7526
kingfc22
Head Coach

NY Times reporting Philadelphia and Allegheny have called it a night.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:49 PM   #7527
tarcone
Coordinator

Do you think Pence is saying: Shit, I want io be a senator in Indiana, I need to shut mtmouth

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
Old 11-06-2020, 09:52 PM   #7528
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post

They predicted Biden would come back from 600k down and win PA and he did. Everything has went according to what they thought and hes up 30k votes.

The networks were parroting "count the votes" back in Wed & Thu when it was still shaky.

It's tough to call it now when it's still mathematical (however improbable) possible for Trump to come back. The hang up now seems to be the provisional and military ballots.

I do agree they can call it now. But because of Trump and Trumpsters, the media is playing it safe where they can't point fingers back at them or elevate conspiracy theories.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:54 PM   #7529
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The networks were parroting "count the votes" back in Wed & Thu when it was still shaky.

Very True!

I wonder if going forward they will stick to this and draw this out days?

I am sure they called Cali/New York/Illinois on Election night when a mathematical probability existed.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:56 PM   #7530
Ksyrup

This is a fascinating (and long) thread on the concerted voter fraud effort from the Trump campaign. Starts with tweets on October 22 and continues to today.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-06-2020, 09:58 PM   #7531
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I am sure they called Cali/New York/Illinois on Election night when a mathematical probability existed.

Yes, I agree.

That's why they not calling it now because they want to "count the votes" seems contradictory to Tue. But it's understandable.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:00 PM   #7532
Edward64
Head Coach

Eh, it was an okay Biden speech. Still a little miffed at him making us wait without giving us a time earlier.

"Made the pivot from candidate to president-elect". I agree

And keep on ignoring Trump and not mentioning his name.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-06-2020 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:01 PM   #7533
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think the issue is that the votes slowed to a crawl after this morning. I have a feeling the networks thought for sure PA would have hit +50k in the early afternoon. It seems to me that they are waiting for it to hit a lead of 0.5% before they call it (which is 35k I think)?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2020, 10:03 PM   #7534
Thomkal
Head Coach

LOL, well if you missed what Biden said, you can hear just about every word retweeted by someone on Twitter
Old 11-06-2020, 10:05 PM   #7535
Ksyrup

Old 11-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #7536
kingfc22
Head Coach

Mark Meadows celebrating the defeat by contracting COVID
Old 11-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #7537
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Think of how this looks if they call it and Trump somehow comes back and wins a state or god-forbid win the election. Pretty soon there won't be enough uncounted ballots that Trump can come back from and I think that's when they will call it
Old 11-06-2020, 10:09 PM   #7538
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Haha fuck that guy.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:10 PM   #7539
miami_fan
Coordinator

Can I offer a bit of context on the military voter for some context? This info is from a survey about the 2018 election. This is for all military members, not just those overseas. Last set of numbers I saw were around 170,000 overseas.

61% of the 1.3 million active duty military members were registered to vote in 2018. That was 12 percentage points less than the civilian population when adjusted for demographic differences.

26% of military members voted in 2018 compared to 52% of civilians with the same adjustments

49% of military members lacked interest in voting with 24% explicitly uninterested and 25% neither interested or uninterested.

When comparing 2014 election to 2018 elections

More military members requested an absentee ballot from 47% to 53%

More who requested a ballot received one from 36%to 42%

BUT fewer of those who did receive a ballot returned it from 82% to 78%

I also have a few more stats from 2018. These are for the non military overseas voter.

4.8 million U.S citizens overseas
2.9 million of them were eligible to vote.
135,507 ballots from overseas citizens were received

Source- State of the Military Voter
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 11-06-2020 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:19 PM   #7540
miami_fan
Coordinator

Sorry Joe, I am going to wait before I believe that the vast majority of the 150 million Americans who voted want to get the vitriol out of our politics.

It is not you, it's me.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:20 PM   #7541
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Michigan and Wisconsin were definitely called before there was a mathematical guarantee. They just passed that threshold recently - if they even have yet with provisional ballots.

It is a conscious decision not to call the race, I think they're just intimidated.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:36 PM   #7542
sabotai
General Manager

Old 11-06-2020, 10:42 PM   #7543
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Michigan and Wisconsin were definitely called before there was a mathematical guarantee. They just passed that threshold recently - if they even have yet with provisional ballots.

It is a conscious decision not to call the race, I think they're just intimidated.

CNN admitted with the pending lawsuits and Trump's misinformation on the election they're slower to make the final call.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:40 AM   #7544
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
CNN admitted with the pending lawsuits and Trump's misinformation on the election they're slower to make the final call.

Nate Silver more or less said the race was over and the network heads weren't letting them call it. Wasserman was also pushed on why they haven't made a call and couldn't give an answer.

The AP has been putting out their reasoning for most races but it is poorly done and not consistent state to state.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:31 AM   #7545
spleen1015
Coordinator

Guys. I need to make a confession. I committed voter fraud. I voted for Joe Biden.
Old 11-07-2020, 05:31 AM   #7546
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
he completely ignored what I said and attacked me personally,

So in other words it was a typical FOFC debate?

These kinds of situations always suck - I usually do what others have suggested and just ignore the political stuff from people who it's not helpful to engage. I hope you're able to find a healthy way through this; I don't think it's productive for political differences to split family apart.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:01 AM   #7547
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Magnificent

Old 11-07-2020, 06:54 AM   #7548
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Hey, remember when POTUS was a respectable position and not just a meme generating platform?

Still, this tweet is spectacular.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:46 AM   #7549
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

I haven't heard that.

Instead, I'm hearing below. I know there is truth in both statements but I really believe the below, by itself, is disingenuous. CNN should just say both and I am sure many will understand.

Quote:
It's four days after Election Day, and CNN has not yet projected who will win.

Here's how CNN projections work: There's a team of dedicated statistical analysts that helps decide when CNN can make a call on election results, CNN's political director David Chalian explains.

"All they do is, every single time vote comes in from one of these states, they plug it into their models and their formulas, trying to ascertain a very high level of confidence," in the results so that whoever is the number two person in these contests doesn't have a real possibility to overtake the number one person, Chalian said.

The reason why CNN is not projecting the results in states like Georgia, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Arizona, "it's because of the math and getting to the highest level of confidence before any projection is made," Chalian added.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:41 AM   #7550
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I haven't heard that.

Instead, I'm hearing below. I know there is truth in both statements but I really believe the below, by itself, is disingenuous. CNN should just say both and I am sure many will understand.

They explained on air while I was watching yesterday what I described. Because of Trump misinformation on voter fraud plus the lawsuits they are basically waiting for it to be statistically impossible before calling.
Closed Thread