Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2020, 03:33 PM   #101
BradS
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
The mental health angle is what you want to hang your hat on?

There are many more positives to Trump that endears him to many Americans. Him being more a businessman than politician was big. His work ethic and achieving so much in just 3 years is remarkable and brought tremendous enthusiasm.

I can't see this with Biden. To go back to a career politician and a meager 401k. Jobs start to trickle back to China and elsewhere. Biden will sell out to special interest and our trading partners again. That's what he is. Big tax raise, no thanks.

Trump is genuinely for the average working ppl in this country. The poverty level for all Americans was the lowest since 1952 coupled with record low unemployment rates for all Americans. Trump will, and has fought harder for Americans than any other president of record. The hate and vitriol is real here so I'm going to leave this.
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 03:34 PM   #102
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS View Post
There are many more positives to Trump that endears him to many Americans. Him being more a businessman than politician was big. His work ethic and achieving so much in just 3 years is remarkable and brought tremendous enthusiasm.

I can't see this with Biden. To go back to a career politician and a meager 401k. Jobs start to trickle back to China and elsewhere. Biden will sell out to special interest and our trading partners again. That's what he is. Big tax raise, no thanks.

Trump is genuinely for the average working ppl in this country. The poverty level for all Americans was the lowest since 1952 coupled with record low unemployment rates for all Americans. Trump will, and has fought harder for Americans than any other president of record. The hate and vitriol is real here so I'm going to leave this.

The campaign is over, Eric. Your dad lost.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 11-05-2020 at 03:59 PM.
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 03:58 PM   #103
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Eric? Not even Don Jr? Man, that's harsh.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:08 PM   #104
cuervo72
Head Coach

I just want to know...when did DJT start caring about the average, working class guy? Because before all this President stuff, he sure didn't seem to display much.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:10 PM   #105
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Eric? Not even Don Jr? Man, that's harsh.

SI

I mean. Trolling on message boards is the job they'd give Eric to do, while they entrust Don Jr. to do real harm in the real world.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #106
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I feel like this is what you would get if someone programmed a bot to regurgitate FOX News talking points on text sim message boards.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #107
JPhillips
General Manager

Thank God this won't come down to a single state, because it could get very ugly if it did.

Quote:
Trump campaign legal adviser: "We're waiting for the United States Supreme Court - of which the President has nominated three justices - to step in and do something. And hopefully Amy Coney Barrett will come through"
Old 11-05-2020, 04:53 PM   #108
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Thank God this won't come down to a single state, because it could get very ugly if it did.

lol.

should do wonders for her credibility
Old 11-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #109
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

I disagree with much of what you said but agree with the last sentence.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #110
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
should do wonders for her credibility

It actually could if she ignores his nonsense and just does her job.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:30 PM   #111
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

excellent point
Old 11-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #112
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

I'm pretty sure his nonsense is her job.

None of the GOP A Team is involved in this shitshow.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:05 PM   #113
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

No wait...please...don't go...Take your self inflicted victim complex somewhere else.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:42 PM   #114
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

He had me at "his work ethic." Those golf balls can't hit themselves.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:00 PM   #115
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
While I remain worried about every path this could take, the rising-fast concern is that the actual electoral college - the meeting of the people selected by each state as electors to do their duty - will itself become a major point of contention this cycle. We saw a crack in the curtain last time with a handful of "faithless electors" and since we've been burning down norms for the last few years, why stop here? Of course there is a pending strategy to discredit, misdirect, or hijack this process. Probably several.

Right on cue... well, actually this was probably supposed to be saved for a little later after the laughable court challenges are laughed away by even the most true-believer judges...

Here we go. If you liked "timely-filed ballots by confirmed American voters should be ignored," then you'll love "these certain states can send whomever they choose as electors, and those people will vote however the state party leaders instruct them to vote."
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:04 PM   #116
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Right on cue... well, actually this was probably supposed to be saved for a little later after the laughable court challenges are laughed away by even the most true-believer judges...

Here we go. If you liked "timely-filed ballots by confirmed American voters should be ignored," then you'll love "these certain states can send whomever they choose as electors, and those people will vote however the state party leaders instruct them to vote."

I can't imagine this goes anywhere, but who knows.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:10 PM   #117
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I can't imagine this goes anywhere, but who knows.

Because our country has "norms" and such? Because there are depths to which this group will not stoop? Because it would be dishonest and harmful to the country?

I hope I'm totally wrong, and you're right, and we have a laugh later about what a dope I was back at this point. Really hope so.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:26 PM   #118
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Because our country has "norms" and such? Because there are depths to which this group will not stoop? Because it would be dishonest and harmful to the country?

I hope I'm totally wrong, and you're right, and we have a laugh later about what a dope I was back at this point. Really hope so.

It just seems like the GOP A-Team is sitting this out and I think that's going to be enough when the problem is in multiple states.

But I could be wrong, and plenty of the GOP have shrouded themselves in disgrace already. The most dangerous ones are those competing to get the rose from Trump and/or Trump Jr.
Old 11-06-2020, 03:48 AM   #119
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I'm wondering if we're just days away from a ragequit. Seems like a given that in the next 24 hours, not only will the networks call it for Biden, but that by Monday it's 306 for him.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:12 AM   #120
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Yanked from other thread:

So if/when Biden is declared the winner:

1. Months of litigation - will Republicans leadership support him?
2. Inauguration - will there be Republicans present?
3. Twitter - will it lock Trump out once he's a "civilian" for anything inflammatory?
4. When he goes on his rallies to state he was mobbed and argues for insurrection, will he be arrested?
5. Will Fox News and OAN or any other right wing site support him and will there be any means by the government to discredit?

I mean when the source of all potential domestic terrorism is the prior president, what do you do?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:13 AM   #121
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

It begins:

https://6abc.com/police-investigate-...nter-/7689932/
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:30 AM   #122
cuervo72
Head Coach

This also begins:

Special Counsel’s Office Opens Hatch Act Investigation Into Trump’s Use of White House for Campaign Events

Last edited by cuervo72 : 11-06-2020 at 07:30 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:46 AM   #123
Galaril
Pro Starter

This seems most likely now”He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14")

I agree Trump announces 2024 run in December and starts having rallies right away stirring insurrection. I would say he has Don Jr or Ivanka as his VP. My hope is criminal litigation takes them all down before 2024.

Last edited by Galaril : 11-06-2020 at 07:47 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:17 AM   #124
QuikSand
lolzcat

The fracture happening right now, and for the days/weeks ahead, among people with the active (R) label is pretty important for American democracy.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:45 AM   #125
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
This seems most likely now”He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14")

I agree Trump announces 2024 run in December and starts having rallies right away stirring insurrection. I would say he has Don Jr or Ivanka as his VP. My hope is criminal litigation takes them all down before 2024.

He'll pardon as many as he can.

Unfortunately, you are right about 2024. I do wish the repudiation was much more decisive but Trump will be the defacto leader for a while. The GOP is doing to be stepping on eggshells to not offend for the next 4 years. It would be great to have a GOP moderate as a leader.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:51 AM   #126
Atocep
Coordinator

I don't think this stretches out too far. Once it becomes very clear Biden is the winner GOP leadership is going to start pressuring the White House to concede. What will be interesting is who can talk Trump into it. I'm guessing they'll see if Ivanka can talk some sense into him.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:57 AM   #127
JPhillips
General Manager

Eventually, the grown-ups will go back to the party and let the toddler cry himself out.
Old 11-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #128
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think the Trump Party or the MAGA Party is probably a direct result of all of this. That way he/his spawn don’t even have to pretend to care about the GOP. Just fundraise for as long as you can and pay for play on endorsements
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:49 PM   #129
AlexB
Pro Starter

Do you see there being enough for him to be removed before the usual time due to mental incapacity to carry out the role? A few Republicans seem fairly condescending about his tirade yesterday.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:54 PM   #130
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm curious if we get concession speech. I honestly can see him conceding without a speech. I'm not sure he has it in him to get in front of the cameras and admit defeat.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:16 PM   #131
Ben E Lou

Shocking...

Old 11-06-2020, 02:20 PM   #132
kingfc22
Head Coach

So a normal day minus a round of golf.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #133
Ben E Lou

CNN's repeated mischaracterizations of the uncounted ballots probably isn't going to help matters. Don't know if this error keeps getting made in other places, but I'm sure I've heard various iterations of this dozens of times: "these new ballots coming in...errrrr....I mean the ballots being counted that were cast on or before election day that are just now being counted." It's a conspiracy video waiting to happen. "OMG LOOK HOW MANY TIMES THE LIBRUL MEDIA ADMITTED THEY ADDED BALLOTS!!!"
Old 11-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #134
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
CNN's repeated mischaracterizations of the uncounted ballots probably isn't going to help matters. Don't know if this error keeps getting made in other places, but I'm sure I've heard various iterations of this dozens of times: "these new ballots coming in...errrrr....I mean the ballots being counted that were cast on or before election day that are just now being counted." It's a conspiracy video waiting to happen. "OMG LOOK HOW MANY TIMES THE LIBRUL MEDIA ADMITTED THEY ADDED BALLOTS!!!"

That's how they've always referred to them, so I'll give them a pass for slipping up on that. Only this year we run into the conspiracy issue.
Old 11-06-2020, 03:15 PM   #135
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm curious if we get concession speech. I honestly can see him conceding without a speech. I'm not sure he has it in him to get in front of the cameras and admit defeat.

I think his concession "speech" will just be a tweet where he never congratulates Biden and complains about how unfair this election was on his way out the door
Old 11-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #136
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
That's how they've always referred to them, so I'll give them a pass for slipping up on that. Only this year we run into the conspiracy issue.

Yeah, I've caught myself restating it when talking with my wife. I've been saying Arizona might flip back to Trump instead of Trump may win Arizona after some outlets predicted Biden would win it.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:56 AM   #137
kingfc22
Head Coach

Let’s see just how crazy this shit show gets.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:53 PM   #138
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Let’s see just how crazy this shit show gets.

Old 11-07-2020, 04:51 PM   #139
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Sounds plausible. But he's definitely still going to use that legal fund to pay himself

SI

Old 11-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #140
Atocep
Coordinator

They'll concede when donations toward the "legal fund" dry up.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #141
Thomkal
Head Coach

I don't think anyone had the We will not concede speech in the parking lot of a landscaping business?
Old 11-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #142
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

next to a sex shop, and a crematorium!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #143
JPhillips
General Manager

God, I hope we learn that Four Seasons Landscaping was a mistake when they were expecting The Four Seasons.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:06 PM   #144
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I guarantee that is what it was. This administration is basically a season of Veep.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2020, 07:24 PM   #145
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It'll be another fun chapter to the tell-all book

SI

Old 11-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #146
PilotMan
Head Coach

Person posted in r/QAnonCasualties today that their Aunt killed herself today leaving a note that she feared the cabal was coming for her and her kids because of trump's loss.

This is the terrifying reality of the world post election and the danger we're facing from this group of people who are sold, lock, stock and barrel that they have the answers.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:06 PM   #147
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

There have always been and always will be people like that.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:41 PM   #148
JPhillips
General Manager

I love John Fetterman.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:24 PM   #149
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
On second thought... maybe we SHOULD keep investigating the election.

Maybe the Dems paid him to $131,000 to recant.

Last edited by molson : 11-10-2020 at 10:24 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:42 PM   #150
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Seeing that he denies recanting now. So that's cool.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote