Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2006, 01:01 AM   #2551
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Hoops and Swaggs, eh? Who else were baddies?

Oh shit. Sorry about that man.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:01 AM   #2552
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
You were the final conversion, so you kind of won.

If I remember correctly, it went in this order: Qwikshot (original Thing--RIP), saldana (original Thing--RIP), Hoops, Swaggs, Path, Coffee Warlord (RIP), mckerney (the real bodyguard), Raiders Army, King (who had the double vote role, and then JeeberD.

Were there any Thing friendly roles out there? For awhile, we thought st. cronin was, because he kept throwing suspicion away from us, but then he lead the charge against CW.

What other roles were out there? We had the terrible run of converting three straight simple scientists with hoops, me, and Path.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that I was the body guard, although I did a lousy job of it.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:11 AM   #2553
JeeberD
General Manager

Sounds like everyone with a special role did a lousy job with it...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:14 AM   #2554
Swaggs
Coordinator

Did you have one, Jeebs?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:22 AM   #2555
JeeberD
General Manager

Yeah, Pilot (Duke). I switched the vote from me to Dubb one night. And even if I had gone with my second choice (Barkeep) I would have fucked up...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:28 AM   #2556
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I was just nomral the entire time - nothing special - just a dude.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:43 AM   #2557
hoopsguy
General Manager

Night 1 - Qwik and Saldana convert me (after CW scans me)
Night 2 - I convert Swaggs
Night 3 - convert Path
Night 4 - convert mckerney
Night 5 - convert CW
Night 6 - convert Raiders
Night 7 - convert King

During Day 3 when CW did the reveal we figured that we were safe enough from a scan with the number of targets in the limelight. But after that, it got progressively more risky. We were hoping to get the bodyguard with our conversions (Path, then mckerney) and were lucky enough to do so on the 2nd try. So we were very confident that we could get Coffee.

If we had known that CW was going to scan Barkeep (instead of me) then we might have waited one more day to collect him. But we felt like we couldn't afford to take that chance, even though getting him that day put him in a rotten position as a Thing.

From the time we got CW, we were looking for people where we knew their roles and didn't figure they had a chance to stop us (blessed or something like that) from converting. But we left Blade and Barkeep since they were in the mix for voting conversation. That is why we weren't going after some of the people like Cronin (almost picked him instead of mckerney earlier), Anxiety, Tanglewood, and WVUFAN.

Blade, nice job staying on me for the back half of the game. I don't think you guys would have won if you had gotten me a little bit earlier because our block was getting large enough and was mostly disconnected.

King, sorry that I won't be joining your upcoming game. The work schedule really did pick up a ton over the last 7-10 days and I expect it to remain challenging for the next two weeks (at least).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:10 AM   #2558
saldana
Pro Starter

i would like to nominate myself for shittiest wolf ever in this game...there were some wrinkles at the beginning of the game that threw me off entirely, and i did a piss poor job...the scientists would have won if they had gotten hoops with the second scan on day 2...he was the only one left at that point...definitely my mvp vote (which is why we picked him to convert first)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:37 AM   #2559
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Night 1 - Qwik and Saldana convert me (after CW scans me)
Night 2 - I convert Swaggs
Night 3 - convert Path
Night 4 - convert mckerney
Night 5 - convert CW
Night 6 - convert Raiders
Night 7 - convert King

Blade, nice job staying on me for the back half of the game. I don't think you guys would have won if you had gotten me a little bit earlier because our block was getting large enough and was mostly disconnected.
Hmmm...hoops, i hate you...i had you pegged for the last 6 votes and you got away each time...i thought maybe we had 2 days left and used barkeep as bait to draw out your friends...path and RA both showed, and i knew i had 3. 1 more day and this would have been a much closer game. I also knew king would go last night after knowing his power was true and knowing you couldnt allow him to live. That would have been a 4 thing swing, and really reopened the game. Mckerney and swaggs would have been tougher though, but once you went down i would go after the quiet ones(including tangle, who i was wrong about).

All in all, good game things. You won almost entirely on path and RA's vote yesterday...bravo for pulling the swing.

MVP:Hoops, for despite me being on him for days on end, continuing to avoid testing and winning the game.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 05-06-2006 at 02:42 AM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:41 AM   #2560
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I also knew king would go last night after knowing his power was true and knowing you couldnt allow him to live.

My first day I was normal, but the second I was turned into a Thing is when I role revealed. I was sure it would convince most that I was still a scientist and keep you off my back long enough for me to not be tested.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:44 AM   #2561
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
My first day I was normal, but the second I was turned into a Thing is when I role revealed. I was sure it would convince most that I was still a scientist and keep you off my back long enough for me to not be tested.
Schmidty has to say if im allowed to share what happened between he and i, but if we had a tomorrow, you were being tested after hoops if i had anything to say....you guys beat me to it by a day, bravo on the win
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:49 AM   #2562
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dola, thanks for running a great game Schmidty!
Demotivation
Old 05-06-2006, 07:14 AM   #2563
Swaggs
Coordinator

It was a good time. As I said earlier, it was a brilliant idea for a game. Well done Schmidty.

Hoops and I both really thought the odds for both of us surviving to the end were pretty small and we definitely thought we would suffer more casualities than just CW (who we pretty much had to convert as a sacrifice to protect ourselves), so this game could have lasted a lot longer than it did.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #2564
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, in fairness we (Things) would not have allowed the late vote changes if we were not in end game mode that last day. So Path and Raiders would not have shown themselves like that for you to catch if it was a day earlier. As Swaggs noted, I was resigned to dying for a couple of days running and we repeatedly e-mailed the group about being careful not to chase a sinking Thing. No reason with the two-for-one option in this game to make the 2nd part of a day an easier for you.

We definitely executed on that with Coffee Warlord, although you rightly pointed out in the vote totals that we didn't come out firing on him but instead tried to give people enough time to go another direction first.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:04 AM   #2565
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, the scientists would have likely ended the game very early if the seer scan was run after the conversion.

Night 1 - CW scans me
Day 2/1 - CW would probably come out and bust me if he couldn't move the vote without a reveal
Day 2/2 - clean up Saldana, based on Day 1 stuff and his likely defense of me on 2/1.

Maybe I find a way to slither out of 2/1 (and give CW more X-Com flashbacks) but it is likely by giving up Saldana and then I would need to escape 2/2 as well. I think the Things were dead meat if the processing order was different.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #2566
Desnudo
Coordinator

Interesting. I had Hoops as a Thing. Which is not to say that if I'd been playing I would have voted for you. I find your ability to avoid votes nothing short of amazing.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #2567
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Hmmm...hoops, i hate you...i had you pegged for the last 6 votes and you got away each time...i thought maybe we had 2 days left and used barkeep as bait to draw out your friends...path and RA both showed, and i knew i had 3. 1 more day and this would have been a much closer game. I also knew king would go last night after knowing his power was true and knowing you couldnt allow him to live. That would have been a 4 thing swing, and really reopened the game. Mckerney and swaggs would have been tougher though, but once you went down i would go after the quiet ones(including tangle, who i was wrong about).

All in all, good game things. You won almost entirely on path and RA's vote yesterday...bravo for pulling the swing.

MVP:Hoops, for despite me being on him for days on end, continuing to avoid testing and winning the game.

We knew that it was the last vote as long as hoops didn't get tested, so I had no problem coming out at that point -- I had put the vote on hoops with the intention of switching at the end.

But man, hoops is awesome. And it was fun to be a bad guy for a change.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #2568
hoopsguy
General Manager

This game was a little different because as the days advanced the margin for error as a Thing was greater - bigger voting block to cover the trail with. So I didn't mind being in the conversation, as long as by the end of the day someone else was a better option to test.

When I came out with the bodyguard reveal I knew that I was going to be tested at some point fairly soon, but we thought we could get Blade and Barkeep tested before me - swinging the votes with our expanding numbers if needed. What I didn't want to see happen was for someone else to get knocked out before me ... I was in position to draw a lot of the conversation/attention and thus keep people from looking too hard at Swaggs, Mckerney, Path, etc ...

I'm waiting to see what all of the roles were before being overly judgemental on the game balance, but it felt like once we got a head of steam going as Things that it was going to be very tough for the scientists to stage a comeback.

Barkeep did a nice job of picking off Qwikshot early in the game - I don't think many people were dialed into him at that point. But it took a lot of guts to pull the trigger that early with a one-time power.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #2569
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm looking forward to seeing the role descriptions that everyone had.

I know that Barkeep was a ex-marine, but I want to know what he was required to do each day (as far as his speech).
Old 05-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #2570
st.cronin
General Manager

I played a bad game as well, saldana, bad enough that the Things actually thought I was on their side.

I think this game was impossible for the humans to win, without somehow limiting the Thing conversions: We had to get two each day for about 4 days in a row. Still a good game, one of the more interesting and fun that I've played.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #2571
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I played a bad game as well, saldana, bad enough that the Things actually thought I was on their side.

I think this game was impossible for the humans to win, without somehow limiting the Thing conversions: We had to get two each day for about 4 days in a row. Still a good game, one of the more interesting and fun that I've played.

Did you have a role?

Don't forget that the humans were within one vote of winning out by the third day and could have also closed things out on the fourth day. Believe me, we felt some bigtime heat early on.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #2572
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Did you have a role?

Don't forget that the humans were within one vote of winning out by the third day and could have also closed things out on the fourth day. Believe me, we felt some bigtime heat early on.

No special role here - I think a better balance for the game would have been that if CW scanned a player that was converted, that the conversion failed, but that the things did not know why.

The first couple of days, I had no idea what was going on.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote