Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-23-2006, 09:16 PM   #2151
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
cant remeber why, we made a short list to kill, finished it and made another, you were on the second one so just picked you. Rummy do you remember?

so should i be honored that i was at the top of the shortlist?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #2152
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
ChiefRum played one of the most amazing UTR games I've seen. Consider how hard Blade was gunning for him, and them people just forgot about him. How did he do that?

Blade didn't have any special powers, and didn't really explain why he was sure about CR. I figured it was wolf vet overconfidence.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #2153
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
After action report:

Some people commented to me that this game was too easy for the wolves. I think differently; I think the wolves threw a perfect game, and didn't get unlucky in any way. This was my first game, and it's possible I designed an unbalanced game. There are a few things I would have done differently.

I want to congratulate all the rookies - I thought all of you played very well!

The following players I want to single out for praise: ChiefRum, tanglewood, DodgerChick, GoldenEagle, and Blade.

The key error the villagers made, imo, was going after Blade after tangle pulled his Duke move. As Anxiety pointed out, it was really an obvious setup. The only way tangle would have used his duke power that early would be to save either himself or a villager.

I think I had a solid game until I was killed. I think this was actually a good game for me, because I was able to see things as they happened. I said fake reveal as soon as I read tagnle's post (and he screwed up in a later post when he said "if we lynch this guy that I pointed to, I hope he will come back a wolf" and I was sad when no one jumped on that slip immediately.)

Good game by all!!!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:19 PM   #2154
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
so should i be honored that i was at the top of the shortlist?

we felt you and alan T were strong players and wanted to kill you both early.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:20 PM   #2155
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I think I had a solid game until I was killed. I think this was actually a good game for me, because I was able to see things as they happened. I said fake reveal as soon as I read tagnle's post (and he screwed up in a later post when he said "if we lynch this guy that I pointed to, I hope he will come back a wolf" and I was sad when no one jumped on that slip immediately.)

Good game by all!!!

I was definitely impressed with your play, as well.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:20 PM   #2156
Fouts
College Starter

Chief Rum had the early day 1 vote lead, but he pulled off the masterful "do not show up or even vote move". Amazing really.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:23 PM   #2157
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety

Good game by all!!!

Perhaps a little too solid for my liking
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:25 PM   #2158
st.cronin
General Manager

Early on Day 1 when CR was getting all the heat, I thought this might be kind of a short game. Boy, was I wrong.

knives out
Old 08-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #2159
path12
Coordinator

Thanks for the game Cronin, and congrats to the wolves. I agree that Anxiety was right on, it's a good thing you killed him when you did.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:15 PM   #2160
Swaggs
Coordinator

That was a tough game.

If we got have got our votes blocked into two groups better, I think we could have figured things out, but we just couldn't get all on the same page. I suspected bullet early on because I thought he was showing too much of a response after each lynch, when people kept coming up villagers, and also because he was around a lot during closing time.

The wolves did a great job.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:15 PM   #2161
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
we felt you and alan T were strong players and wanted to kill you both early.

Whatever it was worth, I was pretty much completely wrong about everything watching this game.

The way gram seemed to play to purposely try to maneuver the vote had me strongly feeling that he was up to no good early in the game.

I sat tried very hard to figure out who his allys were. By the time I died, I felt strongly that Gramm, Molson and Sndvls were all bad. Then as Sndvls continued the next few days, just based on his play I felt he was bad.

a little further on, I started getting a hunch bullet was bad by the way he posted and felt daddytorgo was bad.

Once I found the roles out, I realized I was pretty much wrong about everyone. I did catch a messup that Tangle made that i was suprised no one caught, but not sure if it was only because I was looking for it at that point. I'll try to go back and find what it was that caught my eye.

Anyways thanks for the game Cronin. Was fun in my short 2 day stay
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:20 PM   #2162
st.cronin
General Manager

Big thanks to AlanT for helping with the write-ups, too.

knives out
Old 08-23-2006, 10:21 PM   #2163
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ahh well couldnt find it in my quick search. It was the day Tanglewood came out and said Gramm was a wolf. Later in the day he was talking about the pros and cons and said something like "And if Gramm isn't a wolf, then ....."

I sat there waiting for someone to come back and say "Didn't you just tell us you know he is a wolf??" But no one did

I thought Tangle did great in this game, playing people against Blade and then coming out in a way to condemn Gramm and put the nail in the coffin so to speak. I probably would have fallen for it if I was still in the game because I felt 100% that Gramm played a completely different style game and was hiding something.

Now I know he was hiding something and why he was playing differently. I had actually thought Swaggs was one of the masons early on.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:25 PM   #2164
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm really surprised at how few people suspected/guessed that Gram was a mason after the tie vote with Chubby.

What did people think of the mason rule in this game?

knives out
Old 08-23-2006, 10:26 PM   #2165
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Ahh well couldnt find it in my quick search. It was the day Tanglewood came out and said Gramm was a wolf. Later in the day he was talking about the pros and cons and said something like "And if Gramm isn't a wolf, then ....."

I sat there waiting for someone to come back and say "Didn't you just tell us you know he is a wolf??" But no one did

Yeah at that point I was pretty much just BSing my way through, but it did make some sense at the time. The idea was to try to convince people who thought I was lying to still vote for Gramm because it was the better scenario for them, even if I was lying.

Of course, total crap. But hey, it worked I guess.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:29 PM   #2166
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm really surprised at how few people suspected/guessed that Gram was a mason after the tie vote with Chubby.

i think it would have been more helpful if we knew HOW they came into play in the event of a tie more. i mean the entire village
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:35 PM   #2167
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think the game was a bit slanted to the wolves because of failsafes in the game.

The villagers had the masons as a plus. Its the start of a CoT and something to build on. I had started working on my own CoT with Schmidty/Barkeep , which is why it pained me so much that Barkeep got so much suspicion later in the game. When I say I 90% trust someone, I don't usually blow smoke about that type of thing, so I meant it.

The wolves had their similar block of who they knew, but they didn't know all of their allies which hurt them some. The thing though is the wolves had a failsafe if something went wrong (a lucky lynch of a wolf, or accidentally killing their own ally woops!) they still had a duke role and a seer role as an ally.

The good guys did not have any such failsafes. If the Mason CoT failed them, they had no fall back. Anything could have helped balance it a little in my opinion, whether a bodyguard, or a witness or such could have helped alot.

Either way, the game was still alot of fun for me and I enjoyed it!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:06 AM   #2168
Fouts
College Starter

Thanks for hosting, st. cronin, and good game bad guys.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:20 AM   #2169
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
The good guys did not have any such failsafes. If the Mason CoT failed them, they had no fall back. Anything could have helped balance it a little in my opinion, whether a bodyguard, or a witness or such could have helped alot.
To be fair, The villagers had a circle of trust by day 3 that included Schmidty/barkeep, path, yourself, myself, gramat, and golden Eagle.

Thats 6 people...add in the 2 masons(well, gramat was a mason, so we were wrong there), and by day 3 we had an 8 people that should have been cleared. What amazed be is how people ignored that later in the game. When everyone in the COT came up clean, people just kept killing the others off. The late barkeep kill, could have been avoided by looking back.

As for chief...im not going to claim im perfect barkeep, look at my lists the last 2 days...i have 4 villagers and chief...i just got lucky on picking up a tell he has. I will have to play more games with him to see if he does it again, but something he did tipped me off.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote