Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2005, 11:06 AM   #451
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

To paraphrase from what input I got:

Room reeks, black ooze about (jeez how could x-com soldiers not notice that unless Blade was always stinky?!?)

Diary present, but in alien.

Verdict: Blade was a boss alien.

I am in doubt of CW's veracity.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:10 AM   #452
hoopsguy
General Manager

When did calling suspicion on yourself become a fad? First Neon votes for himself - huh? - and now RA says that he and Vince need a little more attention?

Here is what I feel that I know in the game:
1.) Schmidty was a grunt
2.) Blade was an alien
3.) Aliens killed Peregrine
4.) Qwikshot is a human, with the role of Jack of All Trades
5.) There are still four ectoplasmic sources, same as what we started with but with two less human

Here is what I suspect at this moment:
1.) Either Neon or Coffee is going down today
2.) One (or more?) of those two is an alien
3.) Mr Wednesday feels really badly about voting for Blade on Day 1
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #453
JeeberD
General Manager

Why would the aliens take out Peregrine if Neon was an alien? Wouldn't that just put Neon more in danger of geting lynched since he's now the lone person left from Qwik's list?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #454
hoopsguy
General Manager

Unvote Neon Chaos

Coffee had positioned it initially that his info coupled with Qwiks, would be 'total proof'. If Qwikshot is doubting, then I'm withdrawing my vote. Barring a totally shocking revelation like yesterday it will be going to either Neon or Coffee at the end of the day.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:13 AM   #455
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
To paraphrase from what input I got:

Room reeks, black ooze about (jeez how could x-com soldiers not notice that unless Blade was always stinky?!?)

Diary present, but in alien.

Verdict: Blade was a boss alien.

I am in doubt of CW's veracity.

Interesting stuff...

Old 07-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #456
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Here's what all I can say.

Night zero, I felt mind probe after mind probe scanning me. I thought it a safe bet at that point that at least one of these scans were alien in origin.

Night one, I found myself a scrounged rifle, leveled it at the door, and was ready to kill any sucker who dared open it. That night, noone came, but I heard the sound of a Cryssalid attacking someone. There were three folks in the vicinity, and my long time fighting for X-Com gave me the knack for discovering who was acting strange. Blade was one of the people there. He was, in my veteran mind, absolutely NOT a Crysallid alien. Therefore, Peregrine or Neon is, in fact, a Cryssalid.

To expand further. I received another mental image that Peregine was a loyal X-Com soldier. This I believed fully, and I think it's been proven.

This last night, I found myself a nice corner in which to pick off any aliens daring to attack Qwikshot. Pity I picked the wrong guy. However, it gets strange now. Apparently, there is a rift in the alien's plans, for someone in the shadows whispered to me that the aliens know who I am. It seems they are NOT acting in unison anymore.

And there you have it. Doubt me at your peril. I survived Cydonia, I'm gonna survive this.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:17 AM   #457
Vince
Pro Starter

Qwik's doubt of CW's veracity is quite a damning blow -- Qwik's the only one we can all trust.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:20 AM   #458
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I have to reread everything, but I am positive that Blade was a boss, just not sure if he was the Chrysalid (spelling incorrect I know, I'm sorry).

I found Neon's voting of himself odd.

But then again, I was only to confirm whether or not I had the chrysalid not whether or not I had more than one alien in the 3. So it is very likely that Neon could be an alien still.

It could be also that the aliens murdered Peregrine even though they converted him, to throw us off Neon's trail.

I won't know what Peregrine was until night actions are done...if I survive that might ultimately clear up things.

But I'm wary of CW and Neon still.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:22 AM   #459
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Why would the aliens take out Peregrine if Neon was an alien? Wouldn't that just put Neon more in danger of geting lynched since he's now the lone person left from Qwik's list?

I doubt it -- I'm still reasonably sure (though CW is doing a good job of changing my mind) that blade was the bad guy -- therefore 'clearing' the other two. Whether or not that really clears them is up in the air, but from the aliens' point of view, if Neon is NOT an alien (and the aliens SHOULD all know who each other are), then killing Peregrine would be a great way to kill two birds with one stone, by making Neon an easy target -- especially if they implicate him themselves.

If our circumstances are as dire as they seem (4 on 8 or so), this could be a brilliant ploy by the aliens. We kill an innocent, they kill another tonight, and all of a sudden it's 4 on 6 (I haven't checked the exact numbers in a while, but you get the gist).

I'm still not sold on Neon or CW, but his latest post which goes into more detail is really intriguing.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:24 AM   #460
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Whether or not that really clears them is up in the air

To clarify -- I mean that we might have gotten 'lucky' and Qwik looked at more than one alien in the group of Peregrine, Blade and Neon.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #461
digamma
Torchbearer

Here's what I can say to back up CW--and my question in post #450 was meant to get something like this out of him after his post that Peregrine was clean.

I received the same vision about Peregrine. The vision said something like Peregrine was X-Com through and through.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:29 AM   #462
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Thanks for pointing that out, Mr. Wednesday No selfish motives there, I'm sure.
Considering that I'm one of the good guys, my selfish motives are at least somewhat in accord with the goals of the rest of the group. I assure you, if I'm trying to save my own neck, I'm going to try to do it by getting an alien.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #463
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
3.) Mr Wednesday feels really badly about voting for Blade on Day 1
Close. I feel bad about voting for Schmidty on Day 1, all the moreso considering that Qwik is now saying that Blade was boss alien.

Unvote Neon_Chaos

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 07-26-2005, 11:33 AM   #464
Vince
Pro Starter

Digamma, do you have any other information to share, even if it's little and possibly insignificant?
Old 07-26-2005, 11:34 AM   #465
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oops, sorry about that Wednesday - have flip-flopped names a couple of times in posts and that is the first one I have missed. My bad for trying to crack one joke in my lists.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:43 AM   #466
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Here's what all I can say.

Night zero, I felt mind probe after mind probe scanning me. I thought it a safe bet at that point that at least one of these scans were alien in origin.

Night one, I found myself a scrounged rifle, leveled it at the door, and was ready to kill any sucker who dared open it. That night, noone came, but I heard the sound of a Cryssalid attacking someone. There were three folks in the vicinity, and my long time fighting for X-Com gave me the knack for discovering who was acting strange. Blade was one of the people there. He was, in my veteran mind, absolutely NOT a Crysallid alien. Therefore, Peregrine or Neon is, in fact, a Cryssalid.

To expand further. I received another mental image that Peregine was a loyal X-Com soldier. This I believed fully, and I think it's been proven.

This last night, I found myself a nice corner in which to pick off any aliens daring to attack Qwikshot. Pity I picked the wrong guy. However, it gets strange now. Apparently, there is a rift in the alien's plans, for someone in the shadows whispered to me that the aliens know who I am. It seems they are NOT acting in unison anymore.

And there you have it. Doubt me at your peril. I survived Cydonia, I'm gonna survive this.
Just doubting you, but not discounting anything that you said.

It would be easy to go back and recount what happened before since you have the benefit of already knowing what Blade was. As far as what happened last night, it sounds plausible, but I'm not sold yet.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:54 AM   #467
hoopsguy
General Manager

I can see the aliens deciding that Qwikshot might be dangerous to attack last night if there was a hunter out there. I'm just not sure why they would go after Peregrine if they thought it would endanger Neon.

Coffee, if you are making a move here you are doing it very, very well.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:58 AM   #468
Vince
Pro Starter

I think the only reason they DO go after Peregrine is BECAUSE it would endanger Neon.

At least, that's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:59 AM   #469
Vince
Pro Starter

The paranoia is palpable right now.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:03 PM   #470
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The paranoia is palpable right now.

I hope it lasts...

(OOC: It's fun to take a 10 minute chunk of time every hour and a half here at work to catch up on the thread. That's about the only reason I didn't offer to stop the game after the clusterF*ck last night. Please, keep it up)
Old 07-26-2005, 12:48 PM   #471
Swaggs
Coordinator

Neon Chas voting for himself is just plain peculiar. You do realize that you are voting to kill yourself? So, it is not the best time to make a protest vote here.

I'm looking hard at two guys who have flown under the radar.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #472
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think the only reason they DO go after Peregrine is BECAUSE it would endanger Neon.

At least, that's the only thing that makes sense to me.
It's a strange choice, because Peregrine was attracting some suspicion before last night -- you'd think it would make more sense to off one of us that hasn't really caught any attention, and so is less likely to draw lynch votes. On the other hand, maybe there was some concern about his inside knowledge from running version VI.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:09 PM   #473
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
It's a strange choice, because Peregrine was attracting some suspicion before last night -- you'd think it would make more sense to off one of us that hasn't really caught any attention, and so is less likely to draw lynch votes. On the other hand, maybe there was some concern about his inside knowledge from running version VI.

Agreed. It's definitely not the choice I would have made...we just need to make sure we interpret it correctly. I think their line of thinking is that there are multiple ways Peregrine's death can influence us -- his death implicates not just one, but three people:

1) Neon_Chaos, especially with CW's info
2) Raiders Army (voted for Peregrine)
3) Vince (voted for Peregrine)

Other bonuses:

1) Peregrine knows what he's doing -- he's run this game multiple times, and he is a savvy individual. Eliminating him eliminates someone who could be 'more' of a threat to the aliens.

2) Eliminates the idea that once Blade is dead, Neon Chaos and Peregrine are in the clear. If Peregrine wasn't killed, I think there's a very good chance that most people would consider Peregrine and Neon_Chaos at least very strong candidates for X-Com agents. This idea is only valid if Neon_Chaos is indeed a good guy. I can't stress enough that the bad guys should be able to communicate and strategize -- they know who IS and who ISN'T an alien, and therefore they can ostracize and target individuals who they are CERTAIN are good guys.

Negatives:

1) Eliminates someone who was already slightly suspicious. With Raiders Army and myself already voting for Peregrine, they eliminate someone who might have found the hangman's noose without their help.

That's about it for the negatives (that I can see anyways). My thoughts are we have either one of two things...

A) Coffee Warlord is telling the truth, and Neon_Chaos is a bad guy. That leaves three other people who are bad guys, and also somewhat clears digamma (claiming to have a similar message that Peregrine was good). If this is the case, both CW and digamma have specialized roles other than grunts.

B) CW is telling the truth, Neon_Chaos is a bad guy, but CW is a bad guy too. Like I said before, I believe our circumstances are pretty dire right now. If the aliens could sacrifice one of their own to get a 'guaranteed' good guy in CW (who is in fact an alien), that would be a huge advantage for them. And since we're pretty low on good guys, this seems to be a very valid strategy.

C) Coffee Warlord is lying out his ass, and Neon_Chaos is a good guy. This strategy seems completely and utterly foolish, because as soon as we find out Neon_Chaos is a good guy, CW is toast. One-for-one is good enough for the Aliens at this point, especially considering their numbers...but I think they'd want to do better than this.

I think A and B are much more likely scenarios than C.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #474
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
It could be also that the aliens murdered Peregrine even though they converted him, to throw us off Neon's trail.

I can say that he was NOT converted. My night 1 action allowed me to know this information. That is as much as I want to reveal right now.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:49 PM   #475
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I am leaning towards Coffee being a bad guy. His information seems too pat, especially on the heels of Qwikshot's information yesterday. It's like he wants to ride the wave so we vote towards Neon. I just have a bad feeling about this...

Since it's 3:46 in the afternoon, at this point I have two suspects:

Neon_Chaos and Coffee Warlord.

I think that Vince and I should be up there pretty high as well, but I'm going with those two for right now. Neon voting for himself seems really odd (as I said quite a few posts ago). That really makes it seem as if Coffee and he are in cahoots. Because I'm somewhat of a rebel, I won't give him the satisfaction of voting for him. I'm going with his brother-in-arms:

Vote Coffee Warlord

(this, of course, is subject to change)
Old 07-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #476
Raiders Army
Coordinator

BTW, I just saw Jeebs lurking without posting...I wonder why he's always so quiet. I've played this game with him a couple of times and he's consistently been that way...alien/creature/wolf or not.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:55 PM   #477
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
BTW, I just saw Jeebs lurking without posting...I wonder why he's always so quiet. I've played this game with him a couple of times and he's consistently been that way...alien/creature/wolf or not.

Actually, I haven't been a bad guy yet, so who knows if I would be as "quiet" if I were...

I was just in the thread to read the new posts...do I have to post every time I come into the thread?

Old 07-26-2005, 03:00 PM   #478
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
...Thankfully, not one other person has even commented on your two (now three) mentions of 'Vince' and 'suspicious' in the same statement. Sadly, I don't think that'll be possible after tonight...

Well, now that Peregrine is dead I decided to go back and read on who he was questioning. Post 364 was directed towards Vince and then he responds by making a statement about Peregrine not lasting the night.

Quote:
However, I'm pretty sure we'll have at least one less good guy after the night is over (not including a potential lynch of a good guy).

Then in post 378, Vince again says he's pretty sure that at least one good guy will be dead and that we might be lynching a good guy (blade), when Qwikshot already had pretty damaging evidence that he WAS a bad guy and not a good guy.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:01 PM   #479
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Actually, I haven't been a bad guy yet, so who knows if I would be as "quiet" if I were...

I was just in the thread to read the new posts...do I have to post every time I come into the thread?
Well, you post in every other thread on FOFC.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:03 PM   #480
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh, and this makes perfect sense to have Neon_Chaos sacrifice himself to make Coffee Warlord look good. Then we believe him as much as we do Qwik. Sacrifice one to take the rest of us out. I'm guessing that's why Neon_Chaos voted for himself.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:18 PM   #481
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Well, you post in every other thread on FOFC.

Only in 21 of the 50 in the front page...

Old 07-26-2005, 03:19 PM   #482
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh, and this makes perfect sense to have Neon_Chaos sacrifice himself to make Coffee Warlord look good. Then we believe him as much as we do Qwik. Sacrifice one to take the rest of us out. I'm guessing that's why Neon_Chaos voted for himself.

Well, the Neon_Chaos vote for himself is actually something that I think devalues that theory. It's such a strange move...why is it there? Red herring?

Is it like the last time he pulled this stunt, that he's telling the truth, and is willing to put his own life on the line to have us believe it? Or is it the complete opposite, that he's trying to get us to believe a lie?

With so many people left, I don't see the logic -- last time there were only a few people left, and it was a clever ploy that helped to identify his role. Here...not so much. I still don't know what to make of his vote for himself.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:44 PM   #483
kingfc22
Head Coach

Vote Vince

Raider's and Vince seem to be pushing too hard to kill off CW and/or Neon and both voted for Peregrine. I'm going to believe digamma for now and that makes me not want to vote for CW.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:59 PM   #484
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

RA did not vote on Day 1, so we have no paper trail there. Vince voted for Swaggs on day 1, casting the lone vote there, but at a time when only lone votes for Schmidty, Digamma, and Blade had been cast.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:15 PM   #485
hoopsguy
General Manager

Stuck at work and haven't had time to really chew the fat on this one much this afternoon - feels like I'm going to have to make a rushed decision. Yuck.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #486
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I can't stress enough that the bad guys should be able to communicate and strategize -- they know who IS and who ISN'T an alien, and therefore they can ostracize and target individuals who they are CERTAIN are good guys.

I wonder if that is one of the reasons they are putting Neon out on an island - they know he is in a different time zone and won't be around much during the day to defend himself. I would feel better about this line of thought if Neon had offered a stronger defense for himself.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:46 PM   #487
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The main problem I have at the moment is an incongruity between Qwikshot's report, which suggests that Blade was always ectoplasmic, not turned, and CW's report, which suggests that Blade was in the clear, at least at some point.

I'm not clear on whether that implicates CW or not. It's a fine line, between a healthy amount of suspicion to try to suss out the fake "revelations", and honest mistakes.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:47 PM   #488
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, and things that simply aren't revealed about the limits of CW's capabilities.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:48 PM   #489
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
The main problem I have at the moment is an incongruity between Qwikshot's report, which suggests that Blade was always ectoplasmic, not turned, and CW's report, which suggests that Blade was in the clear, at least at some point.

I'm not clear on whether that implicates CW or not. It's a fine line, between a healthy amount of suspicion to try to suss out the fake "revelations", and honest mistakes.

Understand, my information on Blade is simply thus. He was not a Cryssalid. There are obviously other types of aliens out and about here.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:51 PM   #490
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

So we're back to square one here. I'm 75% certain that if this doesn't come off correctly, I'm after CW tomorrow.

Vote Neon_Chaos

Old 07-26-2005, 04:52 PM   #491
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Er, not square one, but you get the idea.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:57 PM   #492
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Let's see how many posts this thread gets on the commute home. Kerpoof.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:58 PM   #493
Swaggs
Coordinator

Vote Neon Chaos
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:59 PM   #494
JeeberD
General Manager

Sigh...I think that CW is kinda suspicious, but I don't have anything better to go on right now.

Vote Neon Chaos

Old 07-26-2005, 05:09 PM   #495
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

I'm curious if anyone else has felt anything like this at night--i.e., whether it might be specific to CW's role or what.

Anyone?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #496
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'd tend to think that it is specific to his role, but I could be convinced otherwise by someone with better knowledge of the X-Com universe.

I haven't felt a damn thing. Either I'm very uninteresting, I have no talent for it, or they already know what I am. (Obviously, I'm going to claim that it's one of the first two.)

Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM   #497
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't see anything that is an obvious hole in Coffee's story - should that be reassuring or comforting? I would rather someone is certain than uncertain about an opinion - the aliens are doing their job if they are leaving us guessing - but I'm just having a hard time letting go of the 'total proof' statement citing his tie-in with Qwik and then having Qwik question Coffee. And Qwik is the only guy that I KNOW is telling the truth around here.

Is it the references to Cydonia? I know it was invoked in the grunt description, but I just got the impression that Coffee has spent some time polishing his 'role' ... both a bodyguard and able to scan people - that is either one badass role or bullshit.

This is a big vote, guys. Even though I'm a Neon lean right now, I'm pretty sure that we would be happy tomorrow morning if we forced Coffee to eat plasma tonight.

Wish Peregrine was around - I'm just about positive that I'm missing something and he was a good option for kicking ideas around.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:22 PM   #498
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs - you have anything new to add to the conversation other than the vote? Haven't heard much from you at all today.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:30 PM   #499
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Woke up early for this.

For the guys who asked why I voted for myself... it's because it's the only way I can show that I'm not an alien. Seems like everyone's jumping on the bandwagon, don't it? Well... I'll at least try to put up a fight, wouldn't want to go out like a punk. I don't know why you're pushing hard to kill me, but you're going down tommorow anyway, CW.

The only reason I can see CW doing this, is that either he's probably got a role similar to the Wild Wolf? Perhaps be able to kill someone when he gets lynched as well? If that's the case, and I die tonight, the aliens kill someone else tonight, and CW dies tommorow, and they kill another guy tommorow night... they effectively have a 1-4 kill ratio advantage.

Other than that... I have nothing else.

Unvote Neon_Chaos
Vote Coffee Warlord
Old 07-26-2005, 05:36 PM   #500
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm so confused.