Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-11-2005, 07:52 PM   #201
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
If he hasnt been on since game started he wouldnt know if hes mafia or not...kinda killing your point, but you think pass or someone else is better?

No, he confirmed he received his role on Friday. He hasn't logged in since Sunday.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:53 PM   #202
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
No, he confirmed he received his role on Friday. He hasn't logged in since Sunday.

I never saw that...thats a point...want me to switch off him?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:56 PM   #203
digamma
Torchbearer

I think you are locked in because you voted to end the day.

Question: Sndvls--is that correct?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #204
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think you are locked in because you voted to end the day.

Question: Sndvls--is that correct?

correct, once you send me votes (PM'ed) then vote publicly to end day you can not change your lynch vote.

I guess I should say that there are some stratigies to this blind voting and public end day thing I tied in.

Last edited by SnDvls : 10-11-2005 at 09:03 PM.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:14 PM   #205
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I wouldn't draw any conclusions from RealDeal's absence. Remember, in outlaws I wound up with my presence severely curtailed, and I was a baddie. We don't want to hang him as mafia for it (hanging him as non-participatory is another matter), and we don't want to give him a free pass for it.

I would assume that at least one baddie voted for ardent. With the blind voting, we lose out on picking up on swing votes and stuff like that, though...

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:43 AM   #206
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
I wouldn't draw any conclusions from RealDeal's absence. Remember, in outlaws I wound up with my presence severely curtailed, and I was a baddie. We don't want to hang him as mafia for it (hanging him as non-participatory is another matter), and we don't want to give him a free pass for it.

I would assume that at least one baddie voted for ardent. With the blind voting, we lose out on picking up on swing votes and stuff like that, though...

Not to keep harping on this, but in the mafia/mafia/villagers/psycho killer game I was a baddie and I missed two votes in a row due to work. But I kept getting free passes and we almost won.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:44 AM   #207
kingfc22
Head Coach

Since I'm going to sleep and won't be on until tomorrow after work:

Vote end of day.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:17 AM   #208
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Vote End of Day

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Even if Real Deal isn't a baddie, he isn't helping us at all. I think at the end of (I believe) the Spawn game, the baddies took out the active players and the players that were left didn't know what was going on. As a result, the bad guys won. I don't feel bad about lynching him since we're up to 5 pages already and he's behind the power curve. The other thing is that we don't know how long he may be out. It may be real life issues as well.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:21 AM   #209
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 10-12-2005, 08:36 AM   #210
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote to end day
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:08 AM   #211
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, I figured I didn't have to make a point of claiming my innocence. I figured it was assumed.

Anyway, I'm thinking that, since it seems to be between RealDeal and me, and since I'm innocent, we should go after RealDeal!

VOTE END OF DAY
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:11 AM   #212
digamma
Torchbearer

VOte end of day
Old 10-12-2005, 09:42 AM   #213
SnDvls
Pro Starter

From my calculations we have 5 end day votes for the 9 alive players so I'll tally lynch in a bit.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:42 AM   #214
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Vote End of Day

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Even if Real Deal isn't a baddie, he isn't helping us at all. I think at the end of (I believe) the Spawn game, the baddies took out the active players and the players that were left didn't know what was going on. As a result, the bad guys won. I don't feel bad about lynching him since we're up to 5 pages already and he's behind the power curve. The other thing is that we don't know how long he may be out. It may be real life issues as well.

Actually the good guys won, when schmidty and vince gave up becuase we basically had them both....the good guys were very active, and we won mostly becuase the spawn forgot to send in a few night kills so we got by free...

And i think we have enough end of days with mine and ardents on the page before and the couple above this post
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:43 AM   #215
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
From my calculations we have 5 end day votes for the 9 alive players so I'll tally lynch in a bit.

7 when you add ardent and i from last page...bottom like 5 posts
Demotivation
Old 10-12-2005, 09:54 AM   #216
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ardent doesn't count, at the moment, for end day, as he's DEAD.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:57 AM   #217
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
SnDvlsA rules question: I know us deadies are allowed to vote for lynch. Are we still allowed to vote for end of day with it obviously only mattering if we're brought back?

Quote:
yes do both...PM me lynch, but end day can be public

Sorry, misread that to mean their vote still counted even when dead...thnx barkeep
Demotivation
Old 10-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #218
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually the good guys won, when schmidty and vince gave up becuase we basically had them both....the good guys were very active, and we won mostly becuase the spawn forgot to send in a few night kills so we got by free...

And i think we have enough end of days with mine and ardents on the page before and the couple above this post
Maybe it was a different one then. X-Com? I can't differentiate between them all.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:08 AM   #219
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe it was a different one then. X-Com? I can't differentiate between them all.

X-com came down to the duke role turn to save fouts...i think that was the most active game by all members ive seen...everyone in that game was active...but i know what you mean, yes...i remember one...hope we hit gold on real deal
Demotivation
Old 10-12-2005, 10:32 AM   #220
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Sorry guys. Got swamped at work yesterday and wasn't around. I will be around from this point on.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:35 AM   #221
SnDvls
Pro Starter

You all gather around the town square again for the daily lynch. Everyone is still uneasy as they don't know who is mafia and who isn't. Everyone is there except Real Deal who comes stumbling in late. Five of you quickly grab him and beat him into submission. You string him up to the tree next to ardent and wait for his lifeless body to go limp before heading back to your normal day. RealDeal has been lynched. You all go to bed a little uneasy tonight. It could be a long night for some of the villagers.

RealDeal (5) - kingfc, Blade, Raiders Army, Pass, digamma
Pass (1) - Mr. Wednesday
No Vote - RealDeal, pennywisesb, ntndeacon

Night 2 has begun please send in your night actions.

(post #37 has been updated)

Last edited by SnDvls : 10-12-2005 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:36 AM   #222
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The 3 no votes were Barkeep, realdeal, and passacaglia...barkeep got killed by mafia, and i stated multiple times i thought one wolf voted ardent and one didnt vote(third i dont know)...ill take 1/2 over 1/5 odds for a bad guy if im right any day, and pass and real deal are the survivors of that group

So far Blade seems on the level, and I like his train of thought here, so I'm leaning towards the 1/2 odds. Also, I'll Vote End Day
Old 10-12-2005, 10:37 AM   #223
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Dola, just missed it. Damnit. Sorry guys.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:39 AM   #224
Blade6119
Coordinator

interesting since we dont know whos who, but i think ntdeacon not voting is interesting after what i said with king/barkeep yesterday...question is do we go after pass or assume we hit it on real deal and go to one of the ardent voters?
Demotivation
Old 10-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #225
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, so far im starting to trust king, raiders, and digamma...but dont take that to mean anything, they have just seemed the most villager like...everyone could be bad...
Demotivation
Old 10-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #226
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Sounds like there's suspicion on me. I'm not a baddie, so I think we've got to go after one of the ardent voters.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:02 AM   #227
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Sounds like there's suspicion on me. I'm not a baddie, so I think we've got to go after one of the ardent voters.

Im just saying since we dont know what realdeal was we cant rule you out...not saying its you, just letting everyone get all the facts(yes raiders, i was an ardent voter)
Demotivation
Old 10-12-2005, 11:04 AM   #228
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Im just saying since we dont know what realdeal was we cant rule you out...not saying its you, just letting everyone get all the facts(yes raiders, i was an ardent voter)

That's understood. I just figured I'd throw my two cents in there, obvious as it may seem. My hope is that I don't get singled out just because I'm the only one left in the first day no-votes, while that large group of people who voted for ardent remains untouched, just because it's too big to deal with.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #229
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 10-12-2005, 12:49 PM   #230
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Outlaws. The game was terminated due to nonparticipation of the bad guys, at a point where they were in a very strong position to win the game.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:03 PM   #231
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay, we just wait out the night now. I think we did the right thing going for Real Deal. There isn't anyone I really trust at this point, other than maybe Blade.

The rest of the people who piled onto the Real Deal (including myself):

1. If Real Deal were good, then they would gain a lot by piling on.
2. If Real Deal were bad, they would be stupid to pile on.

The problem with this iteration of the game is that we're in the dark while the mafia know who is getting lynched and what the score is. We don't even know if we're down to one mafia left or they're all alive. It's pretty frustrating and set up to really aid the mafia in this game.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #232
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Um, now I'm dead. Btw, I was a villager. Hopefully next time, work won't get in the way for me.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #233
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Um, now I'm dead. Btw, I was a villager. Hopefully next time, work won't get in the way for me.

You should keep playing(as per the rule), as you can come back...and while i think your claiming to be a villager could be true(despite breaking the rules about role reveals post death), it could be a cover for mafia too...i dont think you can read too much into it

Any idea sun when you can get the wolves and secret roles to send in their info for night so we can keep going?
Demotivation
Old 10-12-2005, 02:31 PM   #234
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Okay, we just wait out the night now. I think we did the right thing going for Real Deal. There isn't anyone I really trust at this point, other than maybe Blade.

The rest of the people who piled onto the Real Deal (including myself):

1. If Real Deal were good, then they would gain a lot by piling on.
2. If Real Deal were bad, they would be stupid to pile on.

The problem with this iteration of the game is that we're in the dark while the mafia know who is getting lynched and what the score is. We don't even know if we're down to one mafia left or they're all alive. It's pretty frustrating and set up to really aid the mafia in this game.

DOLA

im thinking we havent hit any yet, or the mafia just arent voting...if we had, we would have a had a little resisting on either real or ardent(actually, come to think of it digamma did resist for a little while before voting on realdeal at the end....could this be him trying to save a fellow mafia guy then seeing it was a lost cause adding a vote on to make himself look good later on??)
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 10-12-2005 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:05 PM   #235
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Please don't edit your posts. That makes you look a little suspicious in my mind. What I was trying to say what that it's virtually impossible to look at voting patterns to discern who is mafia and who is not just by virtue of the fact that we don't know which side the dead are on. That's what makes this frustrating. We could be winning right now, but chances are we haven't gotten anyone yet.

The other thing is that even if I didn't agree with your logic, what use is there to change directions in strategy at this point? We don't know if it was working or not. In that case, I'm more inclined to go with Pass on the next go-around to stick with a strategy since all strategies seem "blind" at this point. This game really seems like it's set up to let the mafia win. Not to bitch or anything, but if we win it will be by dumb luck not by any skill.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:22 PM   #236
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 10-12-2005, 03:38 PM   #237
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Please don't edit your posts. That makes you look a little suspicious in my mind. What I was trying to say what that it's virtually impossible to look at voting patterns to discern who is mafia and who is not just by virtue of the fact that we don't know which side the dead are on. That's what makes this frustrating. We could be winning right now, but chances are we haven't gotten anyone yet.

The other thing is that even if I didn't agree with your logic, what use is there to change directions in strategy at this point? We don't know if it was working or not. In that case, I'm more inclined to go with Pass on the next go-around to stick with a strategy since all strategies seem "blind" at this point. This game really seems like it's set up to let the mafia win. Not to bitch or anything, but if we win it will be by dumb luck not by any skill.

I edited to add the dola so people would see the post above it as well, no worries...i think the key to victory is our secret roles...we have stuff to counteract them im sure, i just havent even seen a hint to them actually doing anything...but im sure we have a doctor/cop, reporter/investigator, maybe a witness and maybe a vigilante...those roles will make or break our team

As for pass, im game...killing him should ensure we get at least one mafia, maybe more
Demotivation
Old 10-12-2005, 03:44 PM   #238
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I edited to add the dola so people would see the post above it as well, no worries...i think the key to victory is our secret roles...we have stuff to counteract them im sure, i just havent even seen a hint to them actually doing anything...but im sure we have a doctor/cop, reporter/investigator, maybe a witness and maybe a vigilante...those roles will make or break our team

As for pass, im game...killing him should ensure we get at least one mafia, maybe more

This relies on the assumption that one of the non-voters was mafia. So it doesn't "ensure" we get one mafia.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:45 PM   #239
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
This relies on the assumption that one of the non-voters was mafia. So it doesn't "ensure" we get one mafia.

Good point. I think we need to wait on the night actions to see what shakes out.

Raiders is right. We could be winning right now, or we could be way behind.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:46 PM   #240
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

note the should right before ensure...its reliant upon the face that there was a wolf in the group...hell, it could have been realdeal...but raiders makes a point about sticking to your guns in a game like this(unless raiders is bad and doesnt want attention on the ardent group, but i trust him pretty fairly right now...i think well find out a lot tonight, so wait for the night to be posted before worrying too much)
Demotivation
Old 10-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #241
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Good point. I think we need to wait on the night actions to see what shakes out.

Raiders is right. We could be winning right now, or we could be way behind.

hey dig, will you give me your view of things as they stand right now??..ideally a situation report and a breakdown of players in the game...im very interested in your views as they stand right now
Demotivation
Old 10-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #242
digamma
Torchbearer

At this point, who knows?

There are nine of us left (right now). We have no clear role reveals. We have varying degrees of activity. We still don't have very much to go on.

I'm not trying to be coy. All we have right now are our own gut instincts. The only people who know what the "score" is are the bad guys--they know if they've lost one of their own.

I'm hoping we'll have some clarity after another night round, though we'll likely be down to eight people. If we haven't gotten a bad guy yet, then we'll be on the verge of elimination.

I'd rather wait to post specific thoughts on individuals until we know what happens during the night.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:10 PM   #243
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I agree with digamma. Hopefully the seer can point us in a direction. The problem with the seer identifying a good guy is that it's no use to us. He can't say someone is on the level since it would out him as the seer. So hopefully one of those other hidden roles is going to do something for us tonight if the seer doesn't.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #244
SnDvls
Pro Starter

waiting on some night actions then the fun begins.

Last edited by SnDvls : 10-12-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #245
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
waiting on some night actions then the fun begins.

Question is do we use that info to see who hasnt been around and try to connect the dots or assume thats against the rules?
Demotivation
Old 10-12-2005, 04:36 PM   #246
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Question is do we use that info to see who hasnt been around and try to connect the dots or assume thats against the rules?

you can assume all you want, but you know what happens when you do that. You make an ass out of u & me
Old 10-12-2005, 04:36 PM   #247
SnDvls
Pro Starter

FYI

night actions due 6 PM Pacific
Old 10-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #248
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sweet. Well, I'm pretty much out for the night since Lost is coming on at 9 EST (6 Pacific). I hope we all sleep well and someone gets lucky tonight (either the bodyguard protecting or seer seeing).

Heh. Just had the tune to the Twelve Days of Christmas going through my head.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #249
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I have made an executive decision to replace an inactive player. Due to my error ardent had no chance of coming back from a lynch on day 1 as there was no night 0. So he has taken over for ntndeacon. I have sent those affected by this decision a PM so that they may change their night actions if they so choose. Once I get a yes or no PM then we'll continue as I have all the night actions up to this point.
Thanks.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:44 PM   #250
kingfc22
Head Coach

Didn't SnDvls say that some roles would be revealed? I think it would be nice at some point to know if we are going in the right direction or not.