Old 02-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #51
KWhit
Coordinator

DIE OTHER!!!

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #52
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am going to have to take my name off the list of participants for this game. Classes are starting to pick up and I won't have the time to devote to playing. Sorry guys!
Old 02-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #53
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic
I am going to have to take my name off the list of participants for this game. Classes are starting to pick up and I won't have the time to devote to playing. Sorry guys!
I was going to say no problem, but then I had to renumber ALL of the numbers from 3-17. It must have taken me THIRTY seconds.

On a serious note I appreciate you telling me and hope your classes go well.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:39 PM   #54
Vince
Pro Starter

Back in the saddle again...

Sign me up, barkeep
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:42 PM   #55
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Back in the saddle again...

Sign me up, barkeep

Its about time. Aren't you up kinda early?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:55 PM   #56
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Haha, I thought of all the work you had to do, barkeep, and I was going to offer to do it for you...but meh, lol.

Thanks and have fun guys
Old 02-19-2006, 04:02 PM   #57
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Its about time. Aren't you up kinda early?

Fuck you drunky
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #58
saldana
Pro Starter

can i get an over/under on number of days before vince gets lynched?

welcome back!

Last edited by saldana : 02-19-2006 at 07:27 PM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:28 PM   #59
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
can i get an over/under on number of days before vince gets lynched?

welcome back!

1!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #60
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I'm sure SOMEONE would be nice and bail him out of jail. Surely.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #61
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As the topic title says the rules are pretty much finalized. Not set in stone, but certainly written in ink so if you haven't done so you can feel safe reading over the rules now. I think I am going to cutoff signups tomorrow when I get home which should be 6 or so Eastern. Tuesday morning or so will be roles and we will then have a long Morning 1 as we wait for Ardent's game to end. All players will be able to use actions so we'll be jumping into the thick of things, but I think it'll help players feel comfortable with the rules.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:42 PM   #62
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In an attempt to level the playfield I added a way for the Pirates to use gold to win the game, by hiring mercanaries at the Seaport. Roles will be sent out shortly with a Morning 1 Deadline of Tuesday at 11 PM Eastern.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:07 PM   #63
hoopsguy
General Manager

I see Taz in the thread and he is in the player list this time ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:16 PM   #64
Barkeep49
Coordinator

All roles should have been sent. If you didn't get a PM let me know.

I apologize, but my availability tomorrow is somewhat limited. I will attempt to come by around 12 Eastern but then won't be available until 7 PM Eastern.

Morning Cycle is now on. Deadline is 11 PM Eastern on Tuesday.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-20-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #65
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
For the treasure hunters victory is achieved when enough gold has been pooled together, to bribe the Blahoopian government to create a monopoly. Any person not contributing to the pool, including other treasure hunters, loses. This amount will be revealed when the final number of players is known.
Since we now have roles out, i assume we have a final player list? Can we now hear what amount we must reach?

Standard Treasure Hunter role checking in by the way, ready to bribe my way to victory
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:23 PM   #66
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Since we now have roles out, i assume we have a final player list? Can we now hear what amount we must reach?

Standard Treasure Hunter role checking in by the way, ready to bribe my way to victory
It will be announced as flavor during the first Evening Cycle, as it should really have no bearing on the moves you make during the first Morning Cycle since no one has any clue how much gold is burried anywhere.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #67
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Each Action Point is the equivalent of an hour and I ask that you please clearly differentiate your actions being used either through bolding or returns. Thanks.

OK, think I'll probably have a few of these rules clarifications over the next day or two ..

So how many hours are there for each cycle? 8 each for morning/afternoon/evening? Just trying to figure out how many points there are to spend between now and tomorrow's deadline. Because right now it looks like about 24 hours of real time ... I bet I could find some serious gold in that time with 24 APs.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #68
KWhit
Coordinator

Just you basic Treasure Hunter here, ready to find some gold!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:34 PM   #69
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, i think we need discussion(i always do), so despite my feelings on king and alan, i have to go this route for now:

VOTE VINCE

God he screwed me up in spawn...i was sooooo lost
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #70
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Got asked a couple of good questions:

Everyone has FIVE AP. You are assumed to be walking back to camp during the later morning/afternoon so that you can be inside when it gets hot so no you are not magically transported, but nothing can really happen to you either.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #71
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure, try and use "basic" as the code to unlock everyone's role

Forgot to post this earlier - treasure hunter here. Simple, basic, vanilla, ordinary, average, random, etc.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #72
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

There's no voting in the morning cycle. You're supposed to be digging.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:36 PM   #73
Barkeep49
Coordinator

That's correct. You do Actions during the Morning Cycle and vote during the evening cycle. Normally Morning runs from 8-11 PM and Evening from 9 AM to 8 PM with the remaining time my time to sleep and process the actions.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:41 PM   #74
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Everyone has FIVE AP. You are assumed to be walking back to camp during the later morning/afternoon so that you can be inside when it gets hot so no you are not magically transported, but nothing can really happen to you either.

Quote:
Each player must return to the hut at the conclusion of the Morning Cycle except if using the “Camp Out” ability listed below.

So do we need to bank points to walk back or can we use our 5 points to get to where we want to be and start digging?
Old 02-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #75
Blade6119
Coordinator

So we are in morning till tomorrow night or tonight?
Demotivation
Old 02-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #76
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In Morning til tomorrow night.

You need not allocate any AP to walking back, it's built in. At the end of the 5 AP, in other words, you will automatically return to the hut, unless another condition prevails There will be 1 other way besides camping out that a player will not return at night, but that will be revealed later via an auction.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-20-2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:47 PM   #77
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Cycles
Morning (normally known as Night): This will go from the time I post the lynch to 11 PM. All orders regarding are due at this time.
So am i to assume we are acting under night 0 right now? And under that premise we are getting a seer scan and maybe a wolf kill?

EDITED TO FIX QUOTE BRACKETS
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 02-20-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #78
Barkeep49
Coordinator

We are under Night 0 if you will, yes. All players have all their roles available to them, so there could be a kill, there could be a pirate caught murdering someone, who knows. That's why I called it Cycle 1 so people wouldn't think that they are necessarily safe.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:51 PM   #79
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just to clarify based on some other questions I'm getting:
Players may do any combonation of the five below:

Buy
Dig
Give
Hide
Move
Watch

Pirates may also Kill. So those are the basic 6 things I would expect to go on. If you watch someone you may not dig that turn. If you dig you may not move, etc. Some things, such as moving through a mountain, cost two turns, leaving you three other turns to do something.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:53 PM   #80
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Moving and mountains, are the 2 APs taken going to the mountain square, leaving a mountain square or both? Will moving from D4 to E3 cost 2 APs? Will E3 to F3 cost 2 APs?

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:53 PM   #81
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Another question: Are individual gold totals public information? The answer is not at all. The amount in your bank account may be bought, but otherwise the amount of gold you have is completely secret.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:02 PM   #82
Barkeep49
Coordinator

For my sanity:

When sending in your Morning Cycle please use the following format:

AP 1:
AP 2:
AP 3:
AP 4:
AP 5:

If something costs you more than one AP just do
AP 1-2:

The seperate lines are crucial for my ability to track everything.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:06 PM   #83
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Moving and mountains, are the 2 APs taken going to the mountain square, leaving a mountain square or both? Will moving from D4 to E3 cost 2 APs? Will E3 to F3 cost 2 APs?
Moving from D4-E3 costs 1 AP. Moving from E3 to any other square costs 2 AP.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:19 PM   #84
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Another question: Are individual gold totals public information?

Was hoping this was a way to verify who was taking actions not involving the collection of gold. Kind of like how the vote totals were public in "crown the king"
Old 02-20-2006, 11:21 PM   #85
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Was hoping this was a way to verify who was taking actions not involving the collection of gold. Kind of like how the vote totals were public in "crown the king"
I considered it, but it would be far too easy for a Pirate to get caught considering when a person is killed they steal all the gold.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:23 PM   #86
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

After rereading the rules and the clarifiers, this treasure hunter is out looking for some gold.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #87
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I am off to get my beauty sleep. Will answer any questions I have when I wake up and again at Noon or so eastern.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:36 PM   #88
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
While i tend to agree with this, and both parties are working for a gold amount(similar to crown a king), say a seer is watching often..he would have less gold, and it would make it all too easy for the wolves...would unbalance things heavily, so i for one am glad its not the case. Though i dont know i posting how close the villagers and wolves are to their objectives is a bad idea...maybe not though. might make it tense if the wolves are like 2 gold away from winning
Demotivation
Old 02-20-2006, 11:44 PM   #89
hoopsguy
General Manager

When I asked it I was just trying to understand if there was an advantage to be had - I don't like to take advantage of the site mechanics in WW games (who is sending PMs), but I'll certainly try to understand how the rules work so I can best leverage them for pirate hunting.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:50 PM   #90
Blade6119
Coordinator

Does anyone have a general Strategy? Should we all dig, all watch, a mix? Does anyone really have a real idea whats going on?
Demotivation
Old 02-21-2006, 12:02 AM   #91
hoopsguy
General Manager

Strategy - going to sleep on this (need to get some zzz's) but my initial thought is that we should attempt to have some coordination of who is digging where and some kind of reporting on what the results are of those digs.

What are the reasons to have a smaller monopoly group? Is the group no good if one of the members is a pirate? Is it better to win with a smaller group of players, thus ensuring a bigger share? Or for game purposes should we just try to win without worrying about the size of the pie? I guess the difference comes in with playing a role (treasure hunter) versus winning a game of werewolf. But if there is something I'm missing in the rules in terms of risks/rewards I would love to see it pointed out.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:03 AM   #92
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Strategy - going to sleep on this (need to get some zzz's) but my initial thought is that we should attempt to have some coordination of who is digging where and some kind of reporting on what the results are of those digs.

What are the reasons to have a smaller monopoly group? Is the group no good if one of the members is a pirate? Is it better to win with a smaller group of players, thus ensuring a bigger share? Or for game purposes should we just try to win without worrying about the size of the pie? I guess the difference comes in with playing a role (treasure hunter) versus winning a game of werewolf. But if there is something I'm missing in the rules in terms of risks/rewards I would love to see it pointed out.
I took it we could win by either killing off the wolves or reaching a gold amount to bribe off the officials(before they get 1-1 or can bribe mercenaries)...am i not mistaken we can win with either strategy?
Demotivation
Old 02-21-2006, 12:05 AM   #93
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Holy cow. This game is coooooomplicated. I need more time to read the rules (and to finish this crappy APA thing).
Old 02-21-2006, 12:37 AM   #94
path12
Coordinator

Treasure hunter checking in.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:47 AM   #95
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Basic treasure hunter here. In the rules it sounds like you can't have a monopoly with a pirate in. My question is, what's to stop all the hunters from agreeing to create a monopoly, thereby figuring out who is a pirate by the process of exclusion?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:26 AM   #96
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Treasure hunter here, checking in.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:30 AM   #97
Vince
Pro Starter

Sweet, I already have a vote on me, and I haven't even read the rules yet.

I'm going to go digest the rules...but it seems as if my goal is simple enough: get rich, and don't die trying.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:34 AM   #98
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Basic treasure hunter here. In the rules it sounds like you can't have a monopoly with a pirate in. My question is, what's to stop all the hunters from agreeing to create a monopoly, thereby figuring out who is a pirate by the process of exclusion?

Well the rules say that you have to PM Barkeep all the people in your group. I don't see how you can form a large monopoly from the get go. You would need to trust 14 or 15 people (I'm assuming 3 or 4 pirates) and have everyone agree that those chosen are treasure hunters. If one of them is a pirate, the pirate can just not "Buy Monopoly" and the bid can't be completed. I would also expect that you would not be informed on who didn't Buy Monopoly.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:37 AM   #99
Desnudo
Coordinator

That makes sense.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 AM   #100
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Well the rules say that you have to PM Barkeep all the people in your group. I don't see how you can form a large monopoly from the get go. You would need to trust 14 or 15 people (I'm assuming 3 or 4 pirates) and have everyone agree that those chosen are treasure hunters. If one of them is a pirate, the pirate can just not "Buy Monopoly" and the bid can't be completed. I would also expect that you would not be informed on who didn't Buy Monopoly.

Actually, now that I think about it I still have some questions around this deal. It just seems like a real easy way to peg pirates. Say get a group of 4 or 5, if it gets denied you know that one in the group is a pirate. Then regroup to 3 or 4 and so on. If accepted, everyone is clear. Not trying to be a pain in the ass here, I just want to make sure we have an interesting game.